PDA

View Full Version : Your hopes for green

pink grapefruit
08-06-2019, 02:25 PM
List of things we know for certain about green:

1. It involves the month of october in some way

That's pretty much it. It seems likely that it will be a new P99 server, but even that we don't know for sure. So with that said, what are your hopes for what this server will be?

I'm hoping it will be the long-awaited pvp teams server that everyone has been begging for. It's been years since this idea was talked about by the management team. And with literally every P99 player excited about the teams server (other than a few forum trolls obvs), I'd venture to say that if green was not this magical teams server it would probably mean the death of P99 as a whole. The absolute last thing any true classic EQ player wants is another boring pve server that would split the volunteer GM/guide team up and waste their time with silly things like camp disputes, that have classically been determined by communication and pvp.

And true EQ players like their lore and RP, so something like the classic SZ deity teams would be best. 3 teams imo. Would be cool to see green introduce some new mechanics to unlock the expansion progress, assuming the server starts out with just the first 3 continents. Like for the planes to open up, each team will have to kill Phinny, Nagafen, and Vox. And each team will have to down each major raid encounter before Kunark opens up.

I have a lot more, but will post later on.

Bondrake
08-06-2019, 02:44 PM
Lmao, really dont think "everyone" is begging for PvP teams. Only a select few. Go back to Red.

pink grapefruit
08-06-2019, 02:45 PM
Lmao, really dont think "everyone" is begging for PvP teams. Only a select few. Go back to Red.

Please keep troll posts in rnf.

thx u

Bondrake
08-06-2019, 02:46 PM
Im not trolling at all and you know it but if that's how you want to cope then so be it.

kjs86z
08-06-2019, 02:48 PM
My hope for green:

Characters don't get "recycled" back into Blue at the end of the server.

Crede
08-06-2019, 02:56 PM

Never pvp’d in my life, been playing this game on and off for 20 years.

My cousin still talks about teams pvp, would 100% try it here.

Jibartik
08-06-2019, 03:10 PM
OP you're smoking crack if you think its coming out in October lol

also you're entire post history is a dog whistle troll

In 2024 when we get purple99 youll get your pvp but until then shadap and get in line for the scout(manastone) roll

E-Queue
08-06-2019, 03:27 PM
I know this is just a troll thread, but I'll bite anyway.

My hopes are simply for a fresh server that follows the original timeline as closely as possible. I really have no opinion on what happens after the server finishes its timeline. Dump everyone on blue and restart. Keep it up and running after the final patch. Add custom content. I'm fine with anything as long as I get my classic leveling experience!

baub
08-06-2019, 03:41 PM
I would like multi-quest disabled and any item tagged Magic to also be tagged NoDrop please

Jibartik
08-06-2019, 03:45 PM
I just hope its teams.

Orionsaight
08-06-2019, 04:32 PM
Pvp teams would be awesome. Also, it would be cool if hybrid xp penalty was kept removed or lowered. I know this might sound like blasphemy but (im not 100% certain on this) if hybrids xp penalty is kept then there will be a giant switch in power over a long period of time; rather than a gradual change. What I mean is, I imagine hybrids as great pvpers and guardians and if it takes forever to get them as good chars, then there will be a dramatic switch rather then a paladin slowly catching up to casters. Hm... I just realized this doesn't matter so much if it starts in classic. Oh well, /shrugs. It really wont bother me though.

Khaleesi
08-06-2019, 05:00 PM
Classic influenced server that aims at stopping at Velious however may progress to Luclin or have a third server that progress to Luclin and beyond.

Comes with custom content such as:

-Completion of things that were never finished - quests, areas in the game etc.
-Some instanced areas
-New mobs
-New items
-A better and reworked combat system
-No Multi questing
-Items that were removed for being too overpowered are either never introduced or remain on the server indefinitely
-No raid rules especially that ridiculous stipulation that you cannot be past a certain area in a zone should your guild want to slay a mob
-Mob AE limit right from the start
-No server reset

As well as fixes to things that didn't get patched until after Velious yet are sorely needed.

I already played EverQuest classic twice, I don't need to play it again and I don't particularly want to relive the last decade of needless drama when we have the opportunity to do something different for once.

Maybe Nilbog and Rogean can succeed where Smedley and Sony failed - keeping classic era MMORPG gaming alive and interesting without living the past.

honeybee12874
08-06-2019, 05:16 PM
My hope for green:

pink grapefruit
08-06-2019, 05:18 PM
The plan is probably to recycle into red, once it's confirmed to be pvp teams.

Khaleesi
08-06-2019, 05:56 PM
My hope for green:

Agreed - and this is a smaller aspect of the completely pointless endeavor to have two 'classic' servers.
Nothing is gained by starting another one. It only splits an already low population community, while it adds more necessity for resources of CSR, staff and logistics. There's also an increased server hosting and hardware cost.

People whom want to play only classic will still have blue.

Also, it's like everyone forgot Blue isn't finished yet.
Possibly the most important patch in Classic era has yet to be released, and here they are wagging the dog about a new server, yet never explained why the 2001 October patch wasn't released in full.

Fishy..

Jibartik
08-06-2019, 06:00 PM
Oh we're coming, choo chooo!! :o

I promise it wont ruin blue, blue has been a farm for 10 years. Blue is the most broken server in the history of everquest, and it works great!

There is no way green99 merging into blue will have any affect whatsoever on you other than you will see a few more dark elf rangers than you do now.

I understand your worries but trust me, you cant destroy blue, blue is as strong as Jack Lalanne and will be around twice as long as him, and that says a lot ;)

Orionsaight
08-06-2019, 06:10 PM
can I just say, sorry if I sound annoying posting about new pvp server all the time; but ill play whatever it is as long as its 92 percent classic. :D

Zuranthium
08-06-2019, 08:52 PM
#1 hope - Custom modifications everywhere, with an emphasis on making the game more dynamic, more interactive, and less of a mind-numbing camp fest. EQ in its present form is stale and tedious and not even an RPG. The NPC's and mechanics need to be changed to make it more unpredictable and engaging. Make the game that original EQ was trying to be, not the one it turned into and was limited from becoming; don't adhere to the narrowness of the original coding.

That's not going to happen though. So, realistically:

#2 hope - A classic timeline server that resets and actually includes every aspect of the pre-Kunark classic code. That way people can at least get a sense of what the game was like for people who played in 1999, every 3 years while server is in that phase. If the server wants to remain relevant past that phase, then it should never implement the Play Nice Policy that happened after 1 year, and instead let the Kunark and Velious eras be more free, creating a more interesting gaming experience than what Blue server offers.

Indecisive
08-06-2019, 09:07 PM
My hope for green:

Also no hybrid penalties, plskthx.

Evia
08-06-2019, 09:10 PM
This is why i really like the idea of a Everquest server that is Norrath but unfamiliar again! Mix up loot tables and factions and you've got a whole new Norrath to explore and rediscover!

Community getting all involved to discover who drops manastone and guise at launch, or keep it a secret! Oh the sense of discovery and wonder would be returned.

Jibartik
08-06-2019, 10:51 PM
This is why i really like the idea of a Everquest server that is Norrath but unfamiliar again! Mix up loot tables and factions and you've got a whole new Norrath to explore and rediscover!

Community getting all involved to discover who drops manastone and guise at launch, or keep it a secret! Oh the sense of discovery and wonder would be returned.

I would love this server but Im not sure we're ready for it, maybe Gold99 2026 or 8(ish?) :D

NegaStoat
08-06-2019, 11:19 PM
Paladin, Shadowknight, Ranger, & Bard hybrid exp penalty existing at launch through early Velious = 4 classes being punished for close to 70% of the server's natural life. If that's in, I ain't rolling.

Khikik
08-06-2019, 11:24 PM
That people read the rules and actually understand them...

pink grapefruit
08-06-2019, 11:27 PM
That people read the rules and actually understand them...

Lol, don't be ridiculous.

Now let's get back to wishing for custom faction systems and Luclin content, everyone! <3

Fifield
08-06-2019, 11:41 PM
Also no hybrid penalties, plskthx.

amen brotha,

i wish they wouldnt add this but they will

Pindrought
08-07-2019, 02:30 AM
My hope for green:

Same. It really devalues the character when you move them to a server like blue with all the past exploits/changes/overinflated economy. I wish there was no raid rules, but that will never happen. It's kind of ridiculous how you need to be a lawyer to abuse all the rules related to raids on here.

Pogi
08-07-2019, 01:14 PM
My hope for green.

Wipe blue server and insert green server with original classic timeline. Blue is and always has been a BETA server. Betas generally get wiped.

Videri
08-07-2019, 09:39 PM
My hope for green:

I actually hope the same thing. Some say this because they think it'll mess up Blue with an influx of additional characters. I think it'll mess up Green because Blue people will use Green to level up and gear up their alts with guises and manastones, because they know those characters will end up on blue. They will clog the server with their beards. If there is no moving of characters to Blue, then Green will be populated by people not overly attached to proving something on Blue. I hope Green will be for the pioneers, the challenge-seekers, the <Auld Lang Syne> types.

It'll be hard enough.

Keza
08-08-2019, 02:52 AM
I actually hope the same thing. Some say this because they think it'll mess up Blue with an influx of additional characters. I think it'll mess up Green because Blue people will use Green to level up and gear up their alts with guises and manastones, because they know those characters will end up on blue. They will clog the server with their beards. If there is no moving of characters to Blue, then Green will be populated by people not overly attached to proving something on Blue. I hope Green will be for the pioneers, the challenge-seekers, the <Auld Lang Syne> types.

It'll be hard enough.

Your green characters will have no value once the timeline is complete anyway. It'll be a stagnant server where you will never have anything new to do. Consider how empty that is. What exactly do you expect to pioneer and challenge in an unchanging post-timeline world on an emulator for an easy game? Green's 420th Tunare kill? Nostalgia and social aspects are the only practical answers, but nostalgia will have well worn out by then. I highly doubt there's many people scheming to farm guises on 10 alts so that in 2 years they can spend the following 5 years farming BiS loot for said alts on blue. Not unless they plan on RMT'ing, which likely wouldn't be worth jack since few people will care about blue. Not all of the neckbeards are going to stay on blue because of their pixels and never play green. Plenty of them will play green. Only a handful of likely insane ones will stay on blue, much like what you find on red.. which is what? 40 people?

In any case it's peculiar for people to have attachment issues to something they don't have and won't lose for 2 years when they're already leaving blue to play green to begin with.

On-topic - consider me one of the drops in the vast ocean of innumerable players who have been desperately pleading for a broken unbalanced teams pvp server in a game that wasn't designed for pvp. Aside from that I just want to enjoy classic EQ without twinks/buffs/PLs and be able to level off the exp highway. If I had to ask for completely unreasonable things that will never happen teams then I guess I would say balance the classes a bit and remove ogre's bullshit stun immunity.

Dolalin
08-08-2019, 03:32 AM
Green will be rolled into blue at the end of its timeline, is my understanding of Rogean's intention, though maybe I'm wrong.

Also it's about the journey, not the destination.

Videri
08-08-2019, 03:53 AM
Your green characters will have no value once the timeline is complete anyway. It'll be a stagnant server where you will never have anything new to do. Consider how empty that is.

I highly doubt there's many people scheming to farm guises on 10 alts so that in 2 years they can spend the following 5 years farming BiS loot for said alts on blue.

I hope you're right and that a lot of people feel the same as you! I fear overpopulation on Green.

On-topic - consider me one of the drops in the vast ocean of innumerable players who have been desperately pleading for a broken unbalanced teams pvp server in a game that wasn't designed for pvp.

I would play on such a server, too. (What is wrong with us?)

Premaximum
08-08-2019, 05:18 AM
remove ogre's bullshit stun immunity.

I'm curious what you think would happen if this change was made. It's not exactly breaking any content. It just means a disproportionate amount of people roll Ogres when it's an available option. Know what would happen if they lost stun immunity? People who would have previously rolled Ogres will roll Iksars instead. Iksar is already so over-represented amongst Monks and Necros, I'm glad there's a good minmax option besides them for a few other classes.

It's not as if frontal stun immunity is a requirement for anything in the game. I've seen plenty of non-Ogres tank the most difficult raid mobs in the game. The only thing that limits your ability to tank is how many clerics you have in your chain.

redhorse
08-08-2019, 07:35 AM
@ pink grapefruit: I'm against everything you said. Your vision of Green is clearly horrible. I hope your opinions in real life aren't as bad as they are on P99 forums.

@ Bondrake: Thank you for telling PG he is incorrect on everything.

@ Jibartik : I agreed with just about everything you typed. Keep preaching wisdom with that weird, he-man cartoon type, double chin rocking, avatar you have.

On the real: Green will likely be a reincarnation of P99 blue, with blue nerfs implemented upon inception, following true classic timeline, and then eventually merged into blue. There, I said it. It's what is most likely to happen, despite what fantasies you may or may not have. Your welcome.

Jimjam
08-08-2019, 08:56 AM
There is still a lot of stuff to be fixed, and I'm sure it will be unearthed during green where things will be held under closer scrutiny. It will be interesting to see how green pans out and be able to use this knowledge next time round.

As such I'm feeling green is great, but am really hype for green 2.0! Roll on 2022!!!

s71ck
08-08-2019, 09:50 AM
My hope for green.

Wipe blue server and insert green server with original classic timeline. Blue is and always has been a BETA server. Betas generally get wiped.

2019 wipe it clean

Kesselring
08-08-2019, 03:53 PM
A more clear and indepth camp ruleset that doesnt leave things up to interpretation.

pink grapefruit
08-08-2019, 04:34 PM
Also let's try hard to make Gfay the trading zone, as it was way back in the day. This EC tunnel nonsense is just silly.

Evia
08-08-2019, 04:38 PM
Also let's try hard to make Gfay the trading zone, as it was way back in the day. This EC tunnel nonsense is just silly.

Depended on your server. Xev server we all traded in gfay, but on The Seventh Hammer it was EC!

I'd be down to do gfay again but those poor evils get no bank.

pink grapefruit
08-08-2019, 04:43 PM
Depended on your server. Xev server we all traded in gfay, but on The Seventh Hammer it was EC!

Doesn't evil team traditionally trade in neriak?

Bardp1999
08-08-2019, 05:13 PM
Everquest PVP is the worst gaming experience possible

Zuranthium
08-08-2019, 06:30 PM
It's much better than PvE. There's little reason to play strictly PvE as it exists in EQ anymore. Brainless farming, no extra danger or mystery left, nobody roleplays. What's the point.

Pindrought
08-08-2019, 07:19 PM
Everquest PVP is the worst gaming experience possible

This pretty much. It's not a PVP game though so it is to be expected.

Pogi
08-09-2019, 12:18 PM
Players on red at peak, is what, 55? We should totally make the new server PVP!

Nuggie
08-09-2019, 12:30 PM
Players on red at peak, is what, 55? We should totally make the new server PVP!

Red was once upon a time more popular. Several hundred was the peak IIRC.

Cecily
08-09-2019, 12:34 PM
Electric Wizard - Return Trip (https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iVGcRNotCAE)

I hope this fuckin' world fuckin' burns away
And I'd kill you all if I had my way
But I'll live forever, questions curse me why
Oh Lord above, why won't you let me die

Evia
08-09-2019, 02:54 PM
Red was once upon a time more popular. Several hundred was the peak IIRC.

Yeah 250-300ish back when they let you cross server trade platinum.

Those were the days of the guild Fresh!

Bbeta
08-09-2019, 03:06 PM
red was never more popular then blue. what world are we living in?

not dissing eq PVP because i enjoy the challenge and the dynamic it brings to the game, im just here to call out bullshit when i see it. Red was never more populated then blue

Jibartik
08-09-2019, 03:08 PM
red was never more popular then blue. what world are we living in?

not dissing eq PVP because i enjoy the challenge and the dynamic it brings to the game, im just here to call out bullshit when i see it. Red was never more populated then blue

Maybe he meant it was "more popular [than it is right now]"

As far as the end of red, I think both the forums & cross server trading ban was the nails in the coffin

Glad we have set the precedent of no cross server trading for green though.

Bbeta
08-09-2019, 03:26 PM
Maybe he meant it was "more popular [than it is right now]"

As far as the end of red, I think both the forums & cross server trading ban was the nails in the coffin

Glad we have set the precedent of no cross server trading for green though.

I agree, the cross server trading ban definitely help reduce the amount of bluies that wanted to taste the Red server but not start from scratch. In my humble opinion that wasnt really the nail in the coffin.

It was Velious!

the expansion and difficulty of the content combined with the climate of the server resulted in all nails in said coffin. Velious sparked the beginning of the ultimate zerg force with little to no respect for the server. IMO they like to play the persona of being server liberators because the guild Nihlium during classic and kunark was filled with douchbaggery and conspiracy. Empire is an evolution of guilds that wanted to end Nihlium and in doing so they indirectly threw off the balance that competition brings to the table.

One large ass raiding guild with virtually no competition in a server that has to much content. So while they are raiding, there is no one to keep the level 1 twink aspergery kinda kids in check who scare off all the new people. Another contributer to damaging the server beyond repair is the fact that Empire got so big while having terrible guild structure and when their officer core decided they had enough. They woke the sleeper and left. Leaving a lot of their own guildies puzzled and pissed of. A real guild would evolve and change leadership and not purposely fuck the server just because they "won". Red is dead because of history and climate. Banning cross server trading didnt kill it, it killed its self.

Jibartik
08-09-2019, 03:28 PM
I agree, the cross server trading ban definitely help reduce the amount of bluies that wanted to taste the Red server but not start from scratch. In my humble opinion that wasnt really the nail in the coffin.

It was Velious!

I would agree with pretty much most of this but especially this :cool:

Bbeta
08-09-2019, 03:30 PM
dont wipe red but remove velious and you may see the server come back a little but understandably that will never happen. lol

PS they still havent killed anything past aary after the rooted mobs. lmfao. idk if they even killed aary

Jibartik
08-09-2019, 04:06 PM
It'll be a fun server in 2028+ when everyone gets to choose which server their characters from green/purple/gold are transferred to and we're all just so old we play our characters on red between raid deaths on whatever version of green/blue were on.

That's my hopes for green+ :o

Orionsaight
08-09-2019, 04:57 PM
#1 hope - Custom modifications everywhere, with an emphasis on making the game more dynamic, more interactive, and less of a mind-numbing camp fest.

if that happens I hope they keep easy classes like rogue and warrior. I understand the mentality of wanting to click a lot of buttons and abilities but I guess to me MMO's are like an out of body experience. I want to relax and not think. Unfortunately I guess there is an exception to every exception; so I will sometimes.

Edit: Easy as far as clicking buttons.

Halfcell
08-09-2019, 05:38 PM

On Drinal back in the day it was NFP. All the evils would just sit behind Jade.

On topic, I hope they don't include the 25 mob AoE limit. It's a stupid fix for the problem of chardok AoE. Just make trash in chardok randomly stun immune. No more chardok AoE, and an entire line of spells stop being useless.

Also time back my seafury gold mine.

Beyond that, just a straight up do over, but by Velious, if you wake the sleeper, he perma-kills your character, then goes back to sleep.

Dulu
08-09-2019, 06:19 PM
The best thing about a Teams PvP server, if you do it properly, it polices itself.

You don't need GM's and guides constantly resolving disputes.

Issue? Solve it with PvP.

PLEASE give us Teams PvP.

Dulu
08-09-2019, 06:20 PM
Beyond that, just a straight up do over, but by Velious, if you wake the sleeper, he perma-kills your character, then goes back to sleep.

I chortled

Zuranthium
08-09-2019, 10:57 PM
if that happens I hope they keep easy classes like rogue and warrior. I understand the mentality of wanting to click a lot of buttons and abilities but I guess to me MMO's are like an out of body experience. I want to relax and not think. Unfortunately I guess there is an exception to every exception; so I will sometimes.

Oh, I don't like clicking too many buttons or being forced to aim much in games. I want time to enjoy each input and focus on strategy. Combat and healing mechanics are too basic in EQ though; it could be much more interesting, without being spammy and requiring a bunch of hotbars.

An even bigger problem though is the content itself. Everything being static means there's no real adventure left. The game would be so much better if NPC's spawned differently and itemization worked differently. Being surprised by multiple NPC's spawning when you thought only 1 would spawn somewhere, or spawning faster than you expected, or having abilities you didn't expect, etc - this would make the gameplay more dynamic. And if useful item drops were spread out better in the game world, and the "big item" drops and/or NPC spawns never happened in the exact same place (with a few exceptions, like the Gods or the biggest Dragons), it means people would focus on more of the game content, instead of just camping the same room, exactly where they know something will drop.

kotton05
08-09-2019, 11:44 PM
hope yall know how to min max leveling to get to the good camps. otherwise your hopes dont matter.

Danth
08-10-2019, 08:00 AM

That was one of the factors that drove me out of World of Warcraft years back: One of the expansions altered class mechanics and I found myself having to rapidly click several times as many buttons just to do the same job I had been doing before. That was NOT an improvement!

--------------------------------------------

I have no particular goal for "green" and I'm unsure I'll even seriously play there. I've long since accomplished anything in this game I set out to do. I might use "green" as a chance to goof off in an old-world setting for a year or so but I can't see myself making a major commitment to it past that.

Danth

jolanar
08-10-2019, 08:34 AM
That was one of the factors that drove me out of World of Warcraft years back: One of the expansions altered class mechanics and I found myself having to rapidly click several times as many buttons just to do the same job I had been doing before. That was NOT an improvement!

This is the same reason I quit. Every expansion it's like I was playing a new class. Don't like the major overhauls? Too fuckin bad. Changing classes isn't feasible either when you've spent years working factions/achievements on one character and very little of that transfers over to alts. Not to mention the attachment of having your favorite character constantly be ruined by massive unnecessary changes. Ugh getting annoyed just thinking about it.

Bristlebaner
08-10-2019, 10:44 AM
Guise drops off kobolds in Steamfont.

E-Queue
08-10-2019, 11:11 AM
Guise drops off kobolds in Steamfont.

It would be kinda fun (but oh so un-classic) if every rare item had a small chance to drop from every level-appropriate mob in the same zone. So, the guise could have it's typical drop rate from ghoul assassin, and a Skyshrine-like chance to drop from every other mob in lguk that's the same level of the assassin or higher. Not gonna happen, but would be interesting!

Classicranger
08-10-2019, 12:22 PM
It would be kinda fun (but oh so un-classic) if every rare item had a small chance to drop from every level-appropriate mob in the same zone. So, the guise could have it's typical drop rate from ghoul assassin, and a Skyshrine-like chance to drop from every other mob in lguk that's the same level of the assassin or higher. Not gonna happen, but would be interesting!

This is exactly what I thought would be a potential fix for the guise and manastone issue. That or move them to very rare drops across hate / fear.

Orionsaight
08-10-2019, 06:33 PM
This is the same reason I quit. Every expansion it's like I was playing a new class. Don't like the major overhauls? Too fuckin bad. Changing classes isn't feasible either when you've spent years working factions/achievements on one character and very little of that transfers over to alts. Not to mention the attachment of having your favorite character constantly be ruined by massive unnecessary changes. Ugh getting annoyed just thinking about it.

might have to step into the "rude realm", but I guess people don't feel important at their job if they say, "Yea its perfect the way it is; there is nothing for me to do." Maybe same reason web pages are always annoying to go through these days.

Edit: Not to you... ya know what I mean.

aaezil
08-10-2019, 06:39 PM
Casuals with jobs and lives dont deserve pixels.

Keep it classic

Orionsaight
08-10-2019, 06:59 PM
sorry yea I guess that was a little too rude, sorry.

Cen
08-21-2019, 09:20 AM
I hope they find a way to at the end of the timeline transfer your character to blue keeping only its No drop items, and losing only your tradable items. Perfect economy compromise

Jimjam
08-21-2019, 09:34 AM
Or better yet wipe tradable items and plat on blue too!

zodium
08-21-2019, 10:20 AM
my hope for green is all the doodoo players go there and leave blue alone, like a red server but for cutthroat competition instead of pvp

honeybee12874
08-21-2019, 12:15 PM
my hope for green is all the doodoo players go there and leave blue alone

omg

I love this idea :p

Daloon
08-21-2019, 12:20 PM
I hope its a giant failure like Red.

Dolalin
08-21-2019, 01:26 PM
I wanna explore the old Splitpaw. Missed it on live.

Jibartik
08-21-2019, 03:13 PM
omg

I love this idea :p

you're going to be stuck with all the doodoo players that dont like to prance around in the karanas and hail lions :(

Nuggie
08-21-2019, 06:01 PM
I wanna explore the old Splitpaw. Missed it on live.

I don't think there is enough info available to recreate it. Nearly everyone missed it on live.

username17
08-21-2019, 08:26 PM
I have lots of questions but I doubt they'll be answered.

I'm planning on rolling a Gnome Rogue. My main on Blue since 2010 has been a Barbarian Rogue.
Going to try gnome instead for the wall hacks, no need to shrink, robe race, and nice Velious helm.

Nisrak
08-22-2019, 02:59 AM
Going gnome warrior for sure! Played one on live from launch up through PoP and raided a lot (tanked Quarm!). Doubt I'll have like any time at all to actually play, but I'm still excited at the prospect!

Jimjam
08-22-2019, 04:55 AM
I was considering a Mith Marr bard. Nice cultural armour and pottery. Not really hamstrung by vanilla ratio weapons. No need to queue for guise or mana stone. Nor jboots. Decent raid buffs early/mid server. Can make plat PLing iksar in Kunark.

Mirakk82
08-22-2019, 04:03 PM
I never did EQ pvp. Seemed like a ****show from everything I've heard and seen. However, if a teams server went up, I'd be all over it, and I know a few friends who would be too.

Batso
08-22-2019, 04:54 PM
I hope its a giant failure like Red.

Exactly

Kulo
08-22-2019, 06:29 PM
My Hope's for green would be a proper timeline server until luclin is in play. Once luclin is in play the server would go up to omens of war, but with modified content from here on out. The modified content would consist of basically not implementing the bazaar, the nexus , paludal caverns,pok and pok books, but instead give druids\wizards a port spell to let's say shadow haven for luclin, potranauility for pop etc I dont remember much after that. This will give the community tons of content to explore / poopsock instead of being locked on just 2 expansions for 10 years +

beta
08-22-2019, 07:18 PM
Green will come out after the discord server

Jibartik
08-22-2019, 07:27 PM
That green is the discord server :o

3d_glasses
08-22-2019, 09:12 PM
Oh, I don't like clicking too many buttons or being forced to aim much in games. I want time to enjoy each input and focus on strategy. Combat and healing mechanics are too basic in EQ though; it could be much more interesting, without being spammy and requiring a bunch of hotbars.

An even bigger problem though is the content itself. Everything being static means there's no real adventure left. The game would be so much better if NPC's spawned differently and itemization worked differently. Being surprised by multiple NPC's spawning when you thought only 1 would spawn somewhere, or spawning faster than you expected, or having abilities you didn't expect, etc - this would make the gameplay more dynamic. And if useful item drops were spread out better in the game world, and the "big item" drops and/or NPC spawns never happened in the exact same place (with a few exceptions, like the Gods or the biggest Dragons), it means people would focus on more of the game content, instead of just camping the same room, exactly where they know something will drop.

This.

-Opehy

Orionsaight
08-22-2019, 09:28 PM
This.

-Opehy

that would be cool if pantheon did this. I was going through a hard time while vanguard came out; so I don't really remember what was wrong with it. I think it was too much like WOW so people figured they would just go play WOW. But it would be cool.

Nuggie
08-22-2019, 10:24 PM
that would be cool if pantheon did this. I was going through a hard time while vanguard came out; so I don't really remember what was wrong with it. I think it was too much like WOW so people figured they would just go play WOW. But it would be cool.

VG ran like a steaming pile of shit on not out of date hardware at launch. Constant crashes, atleast in the dwarf area. Quests didn't work. That damn card game was ridiculous at the start. I want to say crafting wasn't fully fleshed out. A bunch of recipes didn't work with crafting. Swathes of areas weren't populated. That launch was basically worst case scenario.

Orionsaight
08-23-2019, 04:37 PM
would be a shame if there is some law in the universe that says MMO's can only be good if they have *****y graphics.

*****y but still the best.

sorry I edited again because I said the C word. Didn't think it was too much of cursing but I edited out anyway.

Reply to reponse, yea I love EQ graphics. Honestly would never wish to change them.

kotton05
08-23-2019, 04:46 PM
would be a shame if there is some law in the universe that says MMO's can only be good if they have crappy graphics.

crappy but still the best.

Well back when graphics didn’t match the imagination they had to really focus on game play....

Shrubwise
08-23-2019, 06:15 PM

That is actually a very fun idea, I like it too. One of the aspects of World of Warcraft which made it a little thrilling, is that a really nice blue item could drop off of any mob of the appropriate level. There was always the small chance that one random gorilla kill in Stranglethorn Vale would yield a 50 gold auction house item.
How much fun would it be to be killing dervish bandits in North Ro and one of them drops J boots :eek:

Orionsaight
08-23-2019, 07:03 PM
I like the idea of changing item dropping around a bit but not to the level of WOW. I still like the idea of thinking each item is important. When I get new items all the time in a game like WOW, it feels like there isn't much importance in it. Random piece of small bronze rarely dropping in crushbone sounds cool to me. /shrugs. I was going to comment on the other post about this. I think there are two types of EverQuest. One with easy access to items and one with not. Both are good. (Honestly ive not had much experience without items. Leveled a mage to 49 basically with no gear. That's about it.) But im not COMPLETELY against just raising the drop of almost decent items (Bronze/banded) in noobie zones by 2 percent. I think EQ is a great game but I don't think change is always a bad thing. I think change in EQ has mostly just been a bad thing.

Edit: I think the most important thing I was agreeing with zuranthium was what if dragoon dirk dropped off a random named spawn in slaver camp and not just in castle, in crushbone.

Hrothgar
08-23-2019, 07:42 PM
Biggest wants/hopes?

Ogre Sham - Guise.
Troll SK - Guise.
Ogre War - Guise.
Woodelf Ranger - Guise.
Halfling Druid - Guise.

Let them marinate at lvl 1 for 3 years, dump to Blue (presumably), and then twink.

Jibartik
08-23-2019, 08:01 PM
^^A completely great goal.

Im gonna say something controversal but Im really hoping for Blue dumps after a server cycle ends. I think it'd be nice to toss a character like a woodelf ranger with a guise onto it, to presumably play 3 or 5 years from now, just gearing up for fun.

Knowing I could always have the "long term goals" server, while also having a wide variety of green/purples/golds/russets/idkwhatever servers to play on (or not maybe Ill skip one that Im not a fan of and Ill put in some time working on my little darkelf ranger.) Seems like a really cool future for p99 to me.

idk, those are my hopes for green+ But I'm perfectly happy with whatever too.

Frudrura
08-24-2019, 04:57 PM
Do my best to have fun until Velious. I am guessing when Velious comes, I will have fun no longer because I feel I have mostly done the things that I wanted to do at this point and I really don't care to try it all over again. I am interested though in the Vanilla experience and I have always liked Kunark.

karekiz
08-25-2019, 01:21 PM
Easy.

When sleeper awakes, then server shuts down and resets next day.

Your characters life is now in the hands of raid guilds. They can either let him sleep and keep the current server alive, or wake him and kill everyone's character and reboot back to Classic for another go. For added fun Sleepers becomes PvP enabled zone.

Nisrak
08-25-2019, 01:24 PM
Easy.

Your characters life is now in the hands of raid guilds. They can either let him sleep and keep the current server alive, or wake him and kill everyone's character and reboot back to Classic for another go. For added fun Sleepers becomes PvP enabled zone.

This is a great idea! Also fits with the storyline where the Sleeper just kills everyone and destroys the world.

Lammy
08-25-2019, 03:05 PM
It would be neat to get some ZEM in some of the less popular exping zones.

Halfcell
08-25-2019, 06:34 PM
Easy.

This is a terrible idea. Top guilds will just race the be the ones who kill the server. It's not like Velious is new, or like the players who will kill in ST to start with will be new to the zones and looking forward to killing their first warders. It would just turn Velious into a race to burn the server down for bragging rights.

Jimjam
08-25-2019, 06:50 PM
This is a great idea! Also fits with the storyline where the Sleeper just kills everyone and destroys the world.

But not if we can escape his wrath by hiding on, say, the moon!

StocktonRZ
08-28-2019, 01:50 PM
To answer a whole lot of posts that did not include any questions:

EQ PvP worked reasonably well on Live servers before the merge of the Zeks, and for a while afterward.

There were always lots of balance issues, and the merging of the servers killed the distinct engagement rules each server had, leading to a more Quake-arena type of environment, definitely not good for server population in the long term.

But every class was either viable in SOME solo PvP situations and/or SOME group PvP situations, and as long as there were good guilds to join, people had teams of a sort to side with.

OoW/DoDH/PoR was probably the last era when PvP encounters had reasonable durations. TSS/TBS was probably the last era when they were remotely enjoyable. After that, too many classes could be too easily one-rounded by too many other classes. The increasing proliferation of pre-compiled hack programs was a serious nail in the coffin, too.

It's not clear to me that Red99 ever had a non-antisocial phase. We are talking about a server where the best guild was banned for a very stupid troll gesture.

Tenderizer
08-28-2019, 03:38 PM
Easy.

this would spice things up. to wipe or not to wipe its all in the hands of the players..

maybe some guilds would defend the sleeper?

Warling
08-30-2019, 07:20 PM
Something more then just a reboot of blue would be cool. If not it might as well not exist because, well, I already did it.

Jimjam
08-30-2019, 07:21 PM
Something more then just a reboot of blue would be cool. If not it might as well not exist because, well, I already did it.Personally, I don't play blue as I already did it in 1999.

Jibartik
08-30-2019, 07:24 PM
I got so hyped for green I burnt myself out on blue and am by no means going to have time to play EQ while green is live because I'm going to be busy picking up the pieces from all the damage I'm doing right now.

Jibartik
08-30-2019, 07:25 PM
Just kidding of course I am going to quit my job in October.