PDA

View Full Version : Discussion, would you prefer cities to be cities, or dungeons?

Jibartik
08-16-2019, 03:27 PM
[custom content idea] totally just for conversation. :p

I was just thinking, what if they designed cities, exactly like they designed dungeons?

Instead of nerfing killing merchants and townsfolk because its too easy to do that in cities, what if they just made it as difficult as killing things in dungeons if you had negative city faction?

Im not suggesting turning every dungeon into a city either, rather suggesting turning every city into a dungeon.

I mean, its not like the city wouldn't re spawn? its not like vast swaths of these zones are not up basically all the time...

I think itd be cool to group exp in the darkelf city, or in the dwarf tunnels or kill the mayor for phat loots.

But once you're faction is tanked it cant go back up maybe and all cities would need to be designed to be as dangerous to navigate as any dungeon.

Idk

I think thatd be cool! :D

I disliked when they nerfed killing guards back in the day, but I also understood it was problematic.

Im curious how game breaking people would think it would be if every city was a level 55+ dungeon :)

btravis1990
08-16-2019, 03:37 PM
Have the GM's be like the Raid bosses or Mini bosses, that drop nice class specific items, or give title for when killed. (as long as they are extremely tough, and only the killing blow player gets the title)

Could allow this by having level driven GMS.. so n00b turn ins are lower level all the way to high level that way it would not interfere with players re-rolling or starting out.

I can dig it!

Chortles Snort|eS
08-16-2019, 03:42 PM
for da record dis my idea

so me agree

me think citIeS sHoulD be turNeD inTo DunGeoNs iF donE proPerLY inSteaD of dA EZ MASS SLaUGHTeR GuARD pHenonMONomOMn U sEe in hOme TowNs

F0rmsh1fter
08-16-2019, 03:43 PM
[custom content idea] totally just for conversation. :p

I was just thinking, what if they designed cities, exactly like they designed dungeons?

Instead of nerfing killing merchants and townsfolk because its too easy to do that in cities, what if they just made it as difficult as killing things in dungeons if you had negative city faction?

Im not suggesting turning every dungeon into a city either, rather suggesting turning every city into a dungeon.

I mean, its not like the city wouldn't re spawn? its not like vast swaths of these zones are not up basically all the time...

I think itd be cool to group exp in the darkelf city, or in the dwarf tunnels or kill the mayor for phat loots.

But once you're faction is tanked it cant go back up maybe and all cities would need to be designed to be as dangerous to navigate as any dungeon.

Idk

I think thatd be cool! :D

I disliked when they nerfed killing guards back in the day, but I also understood it was problematic.

Im curious how game breaking people would think it would be if every city was a level 55+ dungeon :)

used to do this back in the day on live. Was in an evil guild and we'd regularly raid freeport

Jimjam
08-16-2019, 03:59 PM
I always felt like the city leaders were left unitemised at release, and we're intended to have their loot tables filled out later (similar to what happened with naggy and vox). Some of the city leaders don't really serve any purpose but have some interesting fight mechanics (anyone ever fought the dwarf king?)

Evia
08-16-2019, 04:38 PM
I like this idea. Maybe even just adding loot tables on guild leadership and city officials would be cool to see, like jimjam was sayin

Crawdad
08-16-2019, 05:19 PM
I always felt like the city leaders were left unitemised at release, and we're intended to have their loot tables filled out later (similar to what happened with naggy and vox). Some of the city leaders don't really serve any purpose but have some interesting fight mechanics (anyone ever fought the dwarf king?)

Its a real shame there's no big comeuppance with the whole "corrupted militia" we see in Freeport, Qeynos and Highkeep. Opal Darkbriar and Lucan both do so much manipulation to take control of Freeport and thwart the efforts of the Knights of Truth, Steel Warriors and the Academy of Arcane Science, but you only get to see it in quests most people don't do.

Instead all we get is Lucan as a minor fight for Paladin epic and Opal as a Wizard/Cleric/Necro GM (How many NPCs in Norrath multiclass? Miragul and Venril Sathir?). I know they are a little more fleshed out in EQ2, but it'd be really cool to see them as raid targets (or more realistically a GM event).

Jibartik
08-16-2019, 05:47 PM
I just started thinking, If Lguk was my home city, would I be like "Mew mew THIS makes me so upset! Everyone's killing the merchant!" or would it totally not be a big deal? There'd be plenty of other merchants to talk to down there (If they were merchants as well as evil frogs, and not just evil frogs that wanted to kill you, that is)

Man Imagine the cool crawl up the wizards tower In West Freeport! To defeat the 7 day respawning DARK BRIAR

Or the spooky crawl through nerriak foreign quarters where you farm the named spies from all over norrath.

The epic raid quests to raise faction to trigger the ringwar style event where the Temple of Bertoxxulous battles along side Leutenant Dagarok and his corrupt guards to take control of Qeynos!

Geeze Im getting to excited! It could be so cool and would add so much content lol :(

pasi
08-16-2019, 05:49 PM

Yes. Dwarf king is the best way to gain faction with Veeshans Peak.

Jibartik
08-16-2019, 05:51 PM
pasi your mo killins link doesnt work I need to click it every time u post. :(

Ennewi
08-16-2019, 07:43 PM
Players used to conduct small raids in cities, directing their attention towards the guild halls and quest NPCs, just on the hunch that they dropped exceptional loot, specifically the Temple of Marr in North Freeport. There are lengthy discussions on Allakhazam about which NPCs were rumored to drop what, speculation mostly fed with white lies. Though city raids were uncommon, the Tunare server saw a few guilds target the Monk guild house in West Freeport semi-regularly; at least killing those resulted in a black headband or two.

But the assumption back then seemed to be that guild masters were akin to General V or Eejag in the lava pit, daring players to attack them; if you could kill gods and receive godlike rewards, why not guild trainers? With additional targets, having to crawl through each section of the Neriak would have been good practice for intermediate players too low for Hate.

Visually at least, the devs kept that misconception alive with the Overthere outpost and Firiona Vie, both having a besieged look and both sending guards out into the xp areas. Overthere golems drew enough interest from duos/trios (or at least it does now) and the dragoons kept up a certain level of tension throughout the zone. If it weren't for the greedy merchants and faction, OT would have felt more active.

Whereas all of Firiona Vie, including the tunnels underwater and underground, could have made for a decent widespread raid event, similar to the ring war where the results of a failure would be seen later throughout the city, in this case not being able to board the Maiden's Voyage because the port is overrun with pirates. In place of a scripted event, there are random clashes that give the appearance of an ongoing conflict, with the fieldsurgeons running in a big loop and suiciding into Drolvargs the way, which is basically a higher level version of Guard Cheslin strutting around dying to gnolls.

Skyshrine, Kael, and Chardok 2.0 all have citylike features, but the bankers and merchants still seem slightly out of place. Players can group and raid in all three, but there doesn't seem to be much overlap between the city and dungeon parts. Highkeep is probably the best in terms of design. It blurs the line between city and dungeon perfectly. The zone just needs a larger basement area and maybe the inclusion of Highpass.

Bardp1999
08-16-2019, 07:59 PM
They did this in WoW....worked just fine and was fun when the Alliance would attack Ogrimar or vice versa

Jimjam
08-16-2019, 09:18 PM
Just remembered Runnyeye is a great dungeon city.

Jibartik
08-16-2019, 09:52 PM
Just remembered Runnyeye is a great dungeon city.

It's almost like, in another timeline there's a playable goblin race in everquest.

If monsters were to ever gain consciousness, Sol A and Runneye would be the monsters faction version of Qeynos & Freeport.

Evia
08-16-2019, 10:05 PM
It's almost like, in another timeline there's a playable goblin race in everquest.

If monsters were to ever gain consciousness, Sol A and Runneye would be the monsters faction version of Qeynos & Freeport.

Blowing my mind right now

Zuranthium
08-17-2019, 12:01 AM
It was sad when hunting in cities got nerfed, that was a big part of what made the newbie areas continue to feel alive. Would have been better if they made it more of a challenge instead, like guards unexpectedly spawning and attacking players after they kill an NPC. If you link important quests to killing the hardest NPC's in the city, that would also make city raids a thing.

Another quest system could also be introduced to make the cities more relevant as well. Depending on your starting alignment, your character is born into the game with quests to kill NPC's from opposing cities. Would be a requirement to get past certain levels, which makes RPG sense too (your guild master only continues to teach you secret knowledge if you prove your worth by defeating their enemies).

Faction having a bigger impact would be an addition I'd be happy to see as well. Like every player in the game having NPC "bounty hunters" infrequently spawn and come after them. Nobody would be able to fully avoid it, even if they try to fix their faction for every city alignment possible, because everyone would inherently need to hunt in cities sometimes. This would also make playing an "evil aligned" character more difficult (especially Iksar), as intended, because there are more factions against those ones. You could remove racial exp penalties at that point, since the extra difficulty is already inherent, and give a small exp boost to evil Humans/Erudites/Dark Elves/Gnomes (since they don't get the same kind of racial bonuses as Ogres/Trolls/Iksar).

Highkeep is probably the best in terms of design. It blurs the line between city and dungeon perfectly. The zone just needs a larger basement area and maybe the inclusion of Highpass.

Highkeep as a whole should be 2x the size, I feel. It's quite dinky. Also doesn't make sense how close the bank is to the goblins and overall basement. Should separate that out better.

Evia
08-17-2019, 12:12 AM
It was sad when hunting in cities got nerfed, that was a big part of what made the newbie areas continue to feel alive. Would have been better if they made it more of a challenge instead, like guards unexpectedly spawning and attacking players after they kill an NPC. If you link important quests to killing the hardest NPC's in the city, that would also make city raids a thing.

Another quest system could also be introduced to make the cities more relevant as well. Depending on your starting alignment, your character is born into the game with quests to kill NPC's from opposing cities. Would be a requirement to get past certain levels, which makes RPG sense too (your guild master only continues to teach you secret knowledge if you prove your worth by defeating their enemies).

Faction having a bigger impact would be an addition I'd be happy to see as well. Like every player in the game having NPC "bounty hunters" infrequently spawn and come after them. Nobody would be able to fully avoid it, even if they try to fix their faction for every city alignment possible, because everyone would inherently need to hunt in cities sometimes. This would also make playing an "evil aligned" character more difficult (especially Iksar), as intended, because there are more factions against those ones. You could remove racial exp penalties at that point, since the extra difficulty is already inherent, and give a small exp boost to evil Humans/Erudites/Dark Elves/Gnomes (since they don't get the same kind of racial bonuses as Ogres/Trolls/Iksar).

Highkeep as a whole should be 2x the size, I feel. It's quite dinky. Also doesn't make sense how close the bank is to the goblins and overall basement. Should separate that out better.

These all sound like great custom content ideas! I like the quests between rival cities bit especially.

Swish2
08-17-2019, 01:30 AM

Highkeep was EQ's first created zone wasn't it? I guess they wanted a bit of everything in there. There's certainly a lot going on for how small it is...unless you know the place well on all floors there's a few potential nasty surprises behind some of the doors :p

Maybe the place needs a couple of Fippy Darkpaw style goblins trying to attack from the basement in an ongoing escape bid :)

Halfcell
08-17-2019, 02:04 AM
used to do this back in the day on live. Was in an evil guild and we'd regularly raid freeport

This, I totally remember Evil Legion on Drinal doing this, though i dont know if it was Freeport specifically. Was a lot of fun.

Halfcell
08-17-2019, 02:08 AM

Also, why does High Keep basement not link with Runnyeye? Or some higher level transition dungeon?

Zuranthium
08-17-2019, 02:09 AM
Maybe the place needs a couple of Fippy Darkpaw style goblins trying to attack from the basement in an ongoing escape bid :)

Aside from spatial concerns, I think what it needs most is male hookers. Only female ones to be found there. *thinking*

Also, why does High Keep basement not link with Runnyeye? Or some higher level transition dungeon?

I'd definitely put a higher level goblin dungeon underneath High Keep, that also links to East Karana (bottom of the chasm) and Runnyeye.

Titanas
08-17-2019, 02:17 AM
I like this idea as well. When I played this as a kid I saw Dark elves killing Freeport guards (usually wall exploit) but I thought oh man I can't wait to go to the dark elf city and kill stuff. Then I realized no one goes to the dark elf city... not even dark elves.

City wars would be a good idea. The warrior leader of the Dark elf city would accept the head of the warrior leader from any other city. ect

Zuranthium
08-17-2019, 02:29 AM
^ People definitely hunted in Neriak in my day! Every city in the world was hunted in, partially because of the lack of other areas to hunt, and partially because it was just the most efficient way to exp (and pretty solid cash too). It was the best way to get Level 60 even, until they nerfed it - the first level 60 in the game was a RANGER who farmed in South Qeynos after Kunark launched.

F0rmsh1fter
08-17-2019, 09:58 AM
This, I totally remember Evil Legion on Drinal doing this, though i dont know if it was Freeport specifically. Was a lot of fun.

Mhmm. Wasn't just freeport, but we were based in Neriak and our meet up spot was a fallen tree out in nektulos, so they just had the misfortune of being the closest to us

Jibartik
08-17-2019, 04:32 PM
The Bertoxx area of qeynos catacombs would be like one of the coolest dungeon crawls, sebilis but full of human necromancers and shadowknights

and it'd be so classic of everquest to put a level 5-8 dungeon (qeynos catacombs) adjacent to a level 55+ one... think about the player's crossing path's, itd be so cool to see the mighty warriors battling dark necromancers, while I slay rats with my stick.

loramin
08-17-2019, 05:48 PM
The Bertoxx area of qeynos catacombs would be like one of the coolest dungeon crawls, sebilis but full of human necromancers and shadowknights

and it'd be so classic of everquest to put a level 5-8 dungeon (qeynos catacombs) adjacent to a level 55+ one... think about the player's crossing path's, itd be so cool to see the mighty warriors battling dark necromancers, while I slay rats with my stick.

Qeynos just needs another high end dungeon nearby somewhere, desperately. The only reason any high levels had to go there at all, even in clasic, was Permafrost, and (especially after classic) that zone draws only a handful of high level players.

The only time a Qeynos/Surefall/Halas newbie typically sees a high level character is when a Shaman goes home to buy spells, or on rare Vox raids. Having a Qeynos Aqueducts-plus, or a tunnel between Splitpaw and Blackburrow, or damn near anything at all in West Karana (it has the room for it!) ... heck even just adding a custom version of Jagged Pine forest where players who didn't care about faction could hunt some level 60 druids or something ... would be really nice to encourage level mixing on the other end of Antonica.

P.S. Also personally I've always thought Halas was meant to be raided, even though of course Loramin would never participate ;)

PL_Barton
08-17-2019, 07:10 PM
I would like to see them implement the zones shown on the original EQ Atlas Map.....there are at least 15-20 zones there that could be brought online.

Another thing that I would like to see is AA's brough into the game along with the LDON expansion (just the zones, not the augments). These gave us new dungeons and raid content.

Jimjam
08-18-2019, 03:04 AM
In fairness a lot of the 'zones' on the map are actually areas inside other zones... I think.

Jimjam
08-18-2019, 03:08 AM
Temple of Life and Shrine of Decay just need itemising.

How can there be a level 50 godfish with no loot!?

Ennewi
08-18-2019, 06:10 AM
Judging by appearances only, Nife himself would have dropped sandals, a hospital gown/white kimono, and a brooch, but the actual NPC was never included in game so one can only speculate what his loot table would have held, though the logical choice would have been the Prime Healer's Bulwark.

Depictions of him always seemed to imply he was both Cleric and Monk, having heal spells > a high priest and defenses > a grandmaster. Probably a bit of Enchanter thrown into the mix as well, considering he could take on the appearance of fish (illusion) or inhabit its form temporarily to do his bidding (charm/voice graft). So that probably would have included gravity flux, AE mez/stun, runes, and levitate. In koalindl form RN should have dropped a key required to enter his zone...

The Plane of Health is ruled by Rodcet Nife, the Prime Healer. Rodcet appears a tall slender sexless humanoid with a bald head, large black eyes and thin lips. He wears white robes with silver accents. The Plane itself is a large complex of white stone and iron. The Plane is inhabited by odd iron and flesh golems.

Jimjam
08-18-2019, 07:18 AM
Mate Nife spawns in his temple disguised as a fish. He is level 50! Something like the fourth highest level npc in vanilla!

Zuranthium
08-18-2019, 07:43 AM
There's so many places where more dungeons can be put in, and also more outdoor areas that are seen on the world map, but weren't in game. Beefing up some of the existing outdoor zones would be good too (mainly in content but also in size for some places).

Spatially, the way Antonica exists in-game is kind of a mess compared to the map. West Karana is a lot wider than it needs to be (although I like it that way) and too short height-wise. The "Desert of Ro" zones should be MUCH wider, and a bit taller too, and there needs to be other zones between that section and South Karana/Ogguk (which itself appears to exist in the center of some grassy area, rather than connecting immediately to The Feerroot). Rathe Mountains and Lake Rathe have their positions flipped, and both Rathe Mountains and Innothule Swamp should be shifted 90 degrees in terms of how wide/tall they are supposed to be. Halas should also be further north and way more east.

Ideally I see the game world as having 10 "sections" where a significant amount of players should viably be able to go Level 1-->60, without even sticking to the same leveling path, and get good loot at the same time:

Antonica (West + Central + East)
Faydwer (West + East)
Kunark (West + East)
Odus
"Oceans" (North + South) - facilitated by a more robust boat system, which also helps with general inter-continent travel.

Then there's also Velious for more higher end content.

In fairness a lot of the 'zones' on the map are actually areas inside other zones... I think.

There's really a LOT missing:

*5 different lake zones (only 2/7 lakes on the old world map are in game)
*the barren coast
*jaggedpine forrest
*unkempt woods
*southern qeynos hills, and another zone south of there, unless included together as one huge zone
*the dead hills
*the northlands or the frigid plains (depending on how you situate that area; one of them is the current tundra area next to the mountains, but the other is missing)
*the nest
*at least one zone west of Oasis (logistically there should be several, unless this is going to be single massive zone)
*the loping plains
*hills of shade
*dragonscale hills
*the buried sea
*broken skull rock
*abysmal sea (which looks like it should maybe be the size of the Pacific, bridging a looooong gap between Odus and Faydwer)

Many of these were put into the game in later EQ expansions, but generally the implementation was not interesting or even in the right place, and quite a few are still missing: all of the lake zones, curiously, and most of the zones that should be over in Western Antonica. I was always sad the "dead hills" area on the world map didn't exist. Seemed like it would have been a spooky place.

Ennewi
08-18-2019, 08:52 AM
Mate Nife spawns in his temple disguised as a fish. He is level 50! Something like the fourth highest level npc in vanilla!

a Koalindl says, 'Foolish mortal! You have disturbed the Prime Healer as he swims in the guise of his creatures. For this... you shall perish!

Interesting. So it is him with an illusion up, talking in the third person. I always just assumed it wasn't Nife to the fullest extent, like an avatar or something, similar to the other gods when they aren't in their respective planes.

Jibartik
08-18-2019, 09:42 AM
What a magical world.

Jimjam
08-18-2019, 10:36 AM
Interesting. So it is him with an illusion up, talking in the third person. I always just assumed it wasn't Nife to the fullest extent, like an avatar or something, similar to the other gods when they aren't in their respective planes.

Maybe yer right and it is just an avatar and not a true incarnation.

Keza
08-18-2019, 12:08 PM
If every city was a 55+ "dungeon" you'd have a a lot of problems. Certain quest NPCs, merchants and trainers being frequently dead , especially in preferred camps. The proximity of NPCs that weren't designed to be camped results in a nasty case of the heal-through-walls which is a super unfun issue for many of these camps, although mainly only problematic for breaking in. Then the problem of needing to itemize these zones, which would require tons of new items to be added, all of which needing to be high level items, this creates a secondary problem of an influx of new powerful loot making an easy game easier. Once it's itemized you get loot.. that you can immediately sell/bank without even leaving the camp.. ever. Everyone would just have mules to use during downtime. The last thing I can think of off the top of my head is that if they were they to implement this into green right now there would be a lack of defined camps, resulting in mass neckbeard hysteria and the staff's mental decline into madness. An antiquated theoretical problem would be lagging the shit out of cities, but obviously not many people are elf-simming so hardcore that they are on 2 decade old computers and dial-up. I also don't think oversaturating the game with a million dungeons in a single level range is a good thing, especially at 50+ since it already has a lot of great areas.

what if they just made it as difficult as killing things in dungeons if you had negative city faction?

The concepts specifically of making the enemies more difficult if you have negative faction would be pretty hard to implement in a balanced way.. I wonder the point of it to begin with. Doesn't that just make it easier to farm them when you have positive faction? Likewise making it impossible to raise city faction impacts other aspects of the game as well. People wouldn't exp in a city they weren't prepared to lose faction for, and grinding faction is brutal so you don't need either of these restrictions. All you need to do is make sure someone can't simply switch between grinding in 2 different cities to raise rep with the opposite city, as that makes faction grinding too easy, an especially negative thing once cities are itemized and non-kos to you.

I think they could have done some interesting things before launch, like creating a separate zone in Oggok with a non-pvp arena that functions as a raid encounter. Freeport could be in a cold civil war where they rarely end up in a zone-wide skirmish. Some cities could have dungeons in them, like dwarven mines in Kaladim or some madcap inventor's nuthouse in Ak'anon. Probably too much effort to do that without a dev team.

Ultimately I don't agree with cities being a straight-up dungeon just because it hampers new players. I mean people already hunt guards in cities anyway, that's the same thing on a smaller scale. There's plenty of trash dungeons that could be doctored up and plenty of zones to put new dungeons in if they wanted to go that route. The latter sharing some problems of dungeonizing cities, but not all of them.

They did this in WoW....worked just fine and was fun when the Alliance would attack Ogrimar or vice versa

No they didn't. Cities were just cities, and it was still annoying when people made a raid for it since there was no point in fighting them. People only ever 'raided' cities because they were bored, wanted an achievement or were desperate to pvp before battlegrounds were added. Pretty sure city leaders didn't drop anything either. Just like EQ they exist for worldbuilding reasons, not as a raid boss. And then later for achievements to show off your e-peen.

Jibartik
08-18-2019, 03:48 PM
If every city was a 55+ "dungeon" you'd have a a lot of problems.

Certain quest NPCs, merchants and trainers being frequently dead , especially in preferred camps. The proximity of NPCs that weren't designed to be camped results in a nasty case of the heal-through-walls which is a super unfun issue for many of these camps, although mainly only problematic for breaking in.

Trainers being frequently dead wouldn't be a problem IMO, we have proved this time and time again with quest NPC's that are camped all over norrath. This was the fear of the OG devs too I think, and they had no idea that this game would play out the way it did. Not to mention, there are countless moments when mobs are in Lguk even during prime time, so there'd be plenty of 'merchants and npc's up in a 'dungeon city'

For example, sebilis is still mostly up most of the time :o And plenty of people are turning in quest items in Chardok

Also its worth considering there were a lot of quest turn ins and item farming going on in the same zones when Velious came out ;) and even live didnt seem to have a problem with that.

Then the problem of needing to itemize these zones, which would require tons of new items to be added, all of which needing to be high level items, this creates a secondary problem of an influ etc etc..

Whoa hold your horses, you're putting the cart before them. Lets not worry about how "this would effect the p99 server" because this is a less than %0.001(so you're saying there's a chance!) chance this would be even considered doing on p99 so no need to worry about any of the itemization. This is a "what if there was some sort of perfect magic classic addition to this game that was totally classic and perfect!" wishful thinking type of question.

I also don't think oversaturating the game with a million dungeons in a single level range is a good thing, especially at 50+ since it already has a lot of great areas.

Well to be fair, you're like the only one in 3 pages that thinks there is enough end game in content in classic eq so I think you might be wrong about that one bud :) I know I think classic eq could use more fun zones for me to play in after all these years :)

Origional EQ, if you want to just play it forever, you run out of stuff to do with endgame. I want to log into my forever server of my future dreams (that I control in my minds eye) that has 10+ new high level zones for me and my imaginary westworld friends to play in :o

The concepts specifically of making the enemies more difficult if you have negative faction would be pretty hard to implement in a balanced way..

What I am talking about ground up redesigns of every city to be more like Dungeons, and less like Cities, so that they could support this imaginary design concept, so yeah for sure, in my imagination there is a lot more going on than just making the merchants more difficult.

Think if LGUK or Runnyeye or SolA was a city, not if Freeeport was a dungeon.

and grinding faction is brutal so you don't need either of these restrictions. All you need to do is make sure someone can't simply switch between grinding in 2 different cities to raise rep with the opposite city, as that makes faction grinding too easy, an especially negative thing once cities are itemized and non-kos to you.

There are many many dungeons where you can raise your faction to non KOS in EQ, so faction cant be the deal breaker here. You can farm nameds in Chardok with faction. You could put like -10,000 faction on a named too in a city that'll solve that problem anyway haha

People wouldn't exp in a city they weren't prepared to lose faction for

People raise and lower faction in Keal, Thurg, TOV all the time ;) And isnt Keal a city anyway?? lol

Jibartik
08-18-2019, 04:05 PM
Now for itemezation! (lol) How about someone designs 2 new sets of totally perfectly classic plate/chain/leather armors, to farm/quest for :o

Lets see some concept art! :D

One set of armor for the CITY SLAYERS (faction tankers) Stats for grouping/pve, HP/ac theme

One new set of armor for the CITY PROTECTORS! (faction raisers!) Stats for raiding/pvp Dps/resist, theme

PL_Barton
08-18-2019, 04:30 PM
Now for itemezation! (lol) How about someone designs 2 new sets of totally perfectly classic plate/chain/leather armors, to farm/quest for :o

Lets see some concept art! :D

One set of armor for the CITY SLAYERS (faction tankers) Stats for grouping/pve, HP/ac theme

One new set of armor for the CITY PROTECTORS! (faction raisers!) Stats for raiding/pvp Dps/resist, theme

I'd love for every city to have its own "Guard" armor to be questable.

And for dwarves to get to pick Coldain as starting race.

Jibartik
08-18-2019, 04:31 PM
I'd love for every city to have its own "Guard" armor to be questable.

And for dwarves to get to pick Coldain as starting race.

Man this project is going to take us 10 years but consider me signed UP! :D

Ennewi
08-19-2019, 09:48 AM
Scars of Velious also had content that never made it into the game, though not much it seems. Most obvious were new versions of centaurs and burynai to match the cold environment. There are only a few sketches and screenshots floating around the internet of them though. Who knows if any zones were originally intended to be designed for either.

https://m.gameswelt.de/everquest-the-scars-of-velious/screenshots (https://m.gameswelt.de/everquest-the-scars-of-velious/screenshots/bild,182019,68799)

http://www.cdaccess.com/gifs/screen/everqusv2.jpg

Jibartik
08-19-2019, 10:24 AM
http://www.cdaccess.com/gifs/screen/everqusv2.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/qGHJYsq.png

me when I see that awesome centaur :o