PDA

View Full Version : Gnasher Furgutt MIA in Qeynos Hills?

vetia
08-17-2019, 03:32 PM
Hello all. Thanks in advance for any ideas here.

I decided to go for the charisma piece that comes from the named gnoll "Gnasher Furgutt" quest as a little side project to a larger quest I am working on. You kill him, he drops a note, you get a reward. The wiki information, a guildmate, and other forums seem to have two kernels of information: that he spawns at 11pm game time near the Blackburrow entrance and paths north back and forth to and from Surefall, and/or he roams and is also found near the hut on the west side of the road the way to Qeynos.

I ran around the zone and focused on the BB entrance and the area near the hut (but did at least three zone wide scopes) for about two hours and couldn't find him. A lovely guildmate came to help me track and Gnasher was not to be found. Doesn't seem like he has a placeholder from what I can gather online, but I killed some gnolls near BB throughout my time there just in case.

Has anyone seen or killed him recently? Is he missing? Cross-posted to quest bugs just in case there is something wrong.

Thanks in advance for any tips :)

Evia
08-17-2019, 03:39 PM
I saw him around 3 weeks ago. He was seen from hadden spawn up on top of the hill pathing towards surefall. I was surprised cause i didn't think he pathed that far down from blackburrow. But he does exist.

loramin
08-17-2019, 04:07 PM

I decided to go for the charisma piece that comes from the named gnoll "Gnasher Furgutt" quest as a little side project to a larger quest I am working on. You kill him, he drops a note, you get a reward. The wiki information, a guildmate, and other forums seem to have two kernels of information: that he spawns at 11pm game time near the Blackburrow entrance and paths north back and forth to and from Surefall, and/or he roams and is also found near the hut on the west side of the road the way to Qeynos.

I ran around the zone and focused on the BB entrance and the area near the hut (but did at least three zone wide scopes) for about two hours and couldn't find him. A lovely guildmate came to help me track and Gnasher was not to be found. Doesn't seem like he has a placeholder from what I can gather online, but I killed some gnolls near BB throughout my time there just in case.

Has anyone seen or killed him recently? Is he missing? Cross-posted to quest bugs just in case there is something wrong.

Keep in mind that just because the wiki says or doesn't say something, you shouldn't always assume. In this case, the mob has contradictory info: the loc section says he spawns in the south end of the zone, but the description says he spawns outside BB.

Of course, the beauty of the wiki is that once you (or anyone else) figures out how the wiki is wrong, you have the power to make it better for everyone who comes after you, so hopefully once you solve this mystery you'll do that.

My suspicion is that the wiki is just missing a key bit of info, like that he does have a PH, or only has a chance of spawning at 11pm. But this guy was written by the same Verant devs who wrote Pyjin's script ... so anything is possible :)

Jibartik
08-17-2019, 04:23 PM
Slay gnolls in front of BB, he paths back and forth through there towards Surefall. Im 80% sure he does not cross the path but makes a 90% turn left and goes all the way towards the cabin then back up towards BB

I have had him spawn 3(ish) times in a night of slaying and 0 times in a night of slaying.

natescraigslist
08-20-2019, 11:25 PM
he is no way as common as in live, u always saw him on live.. i have NEVER seen him on p99... somthing isnt classic about gnasher furgutt

vetia
08-21-2019, 12:02 AM
Slay gnolls in front of BB, he paths back and forth through there towards Surefall. Im 80% sure he does not cross the path but makes a 90% turn left and goes all the way towards the cabin then back up towards BB

I have had him spawn 3(ish) times in a night of slaying and 0 times in a night of slaying.

This is very helpful. Thank you!

vetia
08-21-2019, 12:03 AM
he is no way as common as in live, u always saw him on live.. i have NEVER seen him on p99... somthing isnt classic about gnasher furgutt

Yeah was thinking maybe something like that. Thanks!

vetia
08-21-2019, 12:06 AM
Keep in mind that just because the wiki says or doesn't say something, you shouldn't always assume. In this case, the mob has contradictory info: the loc section says he spawns in the south end of the zone, but the description says he spawns outside BB.

Of course, the beauty of the wiki is that once you (or anyone else) figures out how the wiki is wrong, you have the power to make it better for everyone who comes after you, so hopefully once you solve this mystery you'll do that.

My suspicion is that the wiki is just missing a key bit of info, like that he does have a PH, or only has a chance of spawning at 11pm. But this guy was written by the same Verant devs who wrote Pyjin's script ... so anything is possible :)

Yeah noticed those discrepancies and then the through-the-grapevine advice concurred with the opposing info. Fellow poster down below seemed to have some good info that explains both. Will edit if I solve the mystery :) Headed that way again sometime soon so we shall see.

Modwolf
08-22-2019, 12:16 PM
If you find him, let him path around and take note for the wiki. We will find this bastard! -adiallena

vetia
08-25-2019, 11:12 PM
If you find him, let him path around and take note for the wiki. We will find this bastard! -adiallena

**Determined** Lol! Hopefully this week

Dolalin
08-26-2019, 02:17 PM
He probably has a placeholder. Kill wandering zone trash.

vetia
09-04-2019, 10:45 PM

For anyone curious, I found him! Daytime in the game near entrance to Surefall. I followed him for a bit before killing him. He makes a U back and forth basically tracing the edge of the valley between the hills of the zone. Down near the hut on the BB side, up to Surefall, then down the edge of the mountains near the body of water towards the Hadden spawn point. But then he goes even further almost to the city ZL, then he turns right around and makes his U again. I don't know if he has a placeholder, I didn't wait for respawn. I have noticed the ranger NPCS getting into spontaneous battles with other gnolls, and I have a feeling he gets killed by them or he just has a really long respawn time. He dropped both items and the quest for the charm item (using the notem not the head) works :)

sacman08
09-05-2019, 08:09 AM
If I remember correctly, he likes to path over the hill directly between Surefall and Blackblurrow. That being said, yes he seems to be quite rare on P99. Server mechanics require you play a race and class that doesn't need him to make him spawn... ;)

Jibartik
09-05-2019, 08:37 AM
I knew you'd catch that moonshiner!

Modwolf
09-06-2019, 12:41 PM
Congratz!!!

Cecil
09-06-2019, 09:40 PM
Well done!