PDA

View Full Version : Blue/green < > Green/blue plat transfers

Swish2
08-23-2019, 03:11 AM
Cross server money trading was banned between red and blue years ago, but does everyone realize that its going to likely be the same situation for blue (and red) to green?

How many people do you think are going to get caught trying to get a plat kickstart on green in exchange for their old blue currency?

Kavious
08-23-2019, 03:20 AM
Atleast 100

elwing
08-23-2019, 03:58 AM
Hard do differentiate gift to guildies with that... And where is the limit between giving stuff and a trade? That's gonna be hard for gms...

aaezil
08-23-2019, 04:02 AM
Does and will happen

Cool thread though?

Jibartik
08-23-2019, 11:04 AM
I personally think this was a big reason red failed after its 300+ nights when velious came out. Not being able to transfer back and forth, makes it feel like a waste of time to play on a dying server.

But I understand their reasoning, but personally I think it was a critical hit in the beating that killed red.

That said, I dont think green should have cross server transfers, until we all get transfered to BLUE SUCK IT YOU NIMBY'S WE'RE COMING TO BLUE on druids with blue skin and manastones! :o

Droxx
08-23-2019, 11:21 AM
Considering all the high end items that appeared out of the blue for sale, I'd say it's beginning. Trading up for WoW or Green.

Keza
08-23-2019, 02:04 PM
It won't be a big problem because it's going to be the inverse of red/blue.

People played red to farm easy-access gear and sell it for plat on the server they wanted to play, which people with excess or who wanted to try red and quit immediately bought. People on green don't give a damn about plat on blue/red because they are on the server they want to play.

Menden
08-23-2019, 02:08 PM
Cross server money trading was banned between red and blue years ago, but does everyone realize that its going to likely be the same situation for blue (and red) to green?

How many people do you think are going to get caught trying to get a plat kickstart on green in exchange for their old blue currency?

Same situation, yes

Blue is going to be wiped and/or become a beta server. No one is going to want anything there.

no

Blingy
08-23-2019, 02:19 PM
Blue is going to be wiped and/or become a beta server. No one is going to want anything there.

I keep reading this but between the two guilds I have characters in most people are saying we're sticking with blue. Where are you getting your info from? Remember, this is p99 and not live where trading krono's on new servers is where the money is.

Jibartik
08-23-2019, 02:44 PM
I find there is often a correlation between players that do not believe that blue will fail and that everyone is going to stay there and that green is not a good idea, and players that are on their way to achieving their first level 60 BIS character.

I just am throwing this out there, if if that is you, you might not be right about your feelings and in a few years will change your mind about the idea of a fresh server :o

I predict a big turnover to green, bigly.

But then again Im bad at predicting so I have 0 idea what to expect. Besides me enjoying whatever green is, discord, or time locked progression!

loramin
08-23-2019, 04:26 PM
Blue is going to be wiped and/or become a beta server.

no

Well I mean technically Blue already is a beta server (and has been since the beginning), so Menden's half-right because there won't be any future wipes, and half-right because Blue can't become something it already is :)

Hrothgar
08-23-2019, 07:25 PM
All I know is I can’t wait for the HHK nobles camp to open up on Blue. Really hope all the frustrated ones between 49 and 54 are gonna jump ship so I can bask in the ZEM for once. Things are already hard enough for us gnomes, beleaguered by words like ‘bigly’.

Swish2
08-23-2019, 09:50 PM
Remember you can 1-box all the servers at the same time, so technically I could camp nobles on blue while leveling something on green :)

Hrothgar
08-23-2019, 11:18 PM
Remember you can 1-box all the servers at the same time, so technically I could camp nobles on blue while leveling something on green :)

But then, the second a spawn pops, I can jump on it - claim it was an ill-attended camp situation - and then we keep RNF afloat for a bit longer. Ya know, really “give em somethin to talk about.”

Tethler
08-24-2019, 12:52 AM
But then, the second a spawn pops, I can jump on it - claim it was an ill-attended camp situation - and then we keep RNF afloat for a bit longer. Ya know, really “give em somethin to talk about.”

HHK meltdowns in /ooc are often hilarous

zodium
08-24-2019, 03:51 AM
I find there is often a correlation between players that do not believe that blue will fail and that everyone is going to stay there and that green is not a good idea, and players that are on their way to achieving their first level 60 BIS character.

I just am throwing this out there, if if that is you, you might not be right about your feelings and in a few years will change your mind about the idea of a fresh server :o

I predict a big turnover to green, bigly.

But then again Im bad at predicting so I have 0 idea what to expect. Besides me enjoying whatever green is, discord, or time locked progression!

started about 2.5 years ago, basically BiS and happy with my loot and wealth, confidently predicted that none of the previous p99-killers would even dent p99, which they didn't. also confidently predicted that Pantheon was doodoo vaporware, which it was.

definitely still think Green is going to be awful and will also not dent Blue, unless Green's launch like, causes the staff to abandon Blue CSR or something dramatic of that nature.

however, I can understand upcoming Blue players expressing this sentiment, reflecting the fact that Blue is legitimately good and fun for people with love for the game, in spite of certain elements who lost their passion years ago's insistence to the contrary. the most delightfully absurd thing about P99 is that the "beta" server inadvertently ended up showing how to make classic everquest an essentially infinitely replayable game that's fun, easy to learn, yet hard to master -- even to people who didn't play classic everquest.

Jibartik
08-24-2019, 09:18 AM
the most delightfully absurd thing about P99 is that the "beta" server inadvertently ended up showing how to make classic everquest an essentially infinitely replayable game that's fun, easy to learn, yet hard to master -- even to people who didn't play classic everquest.

It proves this:

True: Game developers can make good games and gamers will be happy indefinitely
False: You must create new content to sell your customers [frequently] or they will stop playing your game.

Shrubwise
08-24-2019, 10:03 AM
also confidently predicted that Pantheon was doodoo vaporware, which it was.

Mark my words, Pantheon will never come to fruition.

Something we have in common Zodium :eek:

Madbad
08-24-2019, 11:43 AM
HHK meltdowns in /ooc are often hilarous

QFT