PDA

View Full Version : RE: Vote for the zone where my guild will live.

StocktonRZ
08-28-2019, 02:04 PM
I'm starting a guild whose members will not be allowed to leave an individual zone. The zone will be chosen from suggestions submitted below.

The goal of this project is to provide people with a social guild which they can use to play P99 as a mini-game, on alts created for that purpose. You'll always be able to find people to group with, to help or be helped by, making it easier to enjoy the social aspect of the game in short sessions.

Serious and troll suggestions both accepted.

YendorLootmonkey
08-28-2019, 02:13 PM
Kedge Keep

Izmael
08-28-2019, 02:13 PM
Kedge Keep

StocktonRZ
08-28-2019, 02:19 PM
Kedge Keep

In related news, WTB Fishbone Earring x infinity. PST.

indiscriminate_hater
08-28-2019, 02:22 PM
a guild whose members will not be allowed to leave an individual zone

Don't the raiding guilds already do this in ToV?

Jimjam
08-28-2019, 02:29 PM
Everfrost, surely?

Especially if you allow Halas too.

StocktonRZ
08-28-2019, 02:36 PM
Also accepting as a suggestion: The entire continent of Odus.

Izmael
08-28-2019, 02:40 PM
Actually that would be a decent challenge.

What zone(s) would allow you to reasonably level all the way to 60? Surely something like North Qeynos... Plenty of supplies, and guards of all levels. With a harmony capable class you can single pull everything since it's outdoors.

Gonna suck gear-wise though.

StocktonRZ
08-28-2019, 02:43 PM

Debatable whether I would allow importation of gear. If the goal is just to keep everyone near each other immediately upon login, it shouldn't matter if you have gear brought to you. However, the challenge of gearing up completely in one zone is probably half the fun.

Troxx
08-28-2019, 02:46 PM
What about spells you can’t find on vendors in Odus?

Xulia
08-28-2019, 02:47 PM
Kedge Keep

StocktonRZ
08-28-2019, 02:48 PM
What about spells you can’t find on vendors in Odus?

Also open to suggestions on best policies regarding importation of gear, spells, et cetera. Goal is to try to strike a balance between the (fun) challenge of being stuck in one zone, without crippling entire classes, et cetera.

Maybe grant a certain number of importation waivers per member? Top 5 items or spells you want to import, you can?

Vexenu
08-28-2019, 02:57 PM
Crystal Caverns - The guild is comprised of people who have renounced the surface world and choose to live underground in the dwarf city.

Stonebrunt mountains - The guild consists of explorers who have gathered in the most remote part of the world.

Everfrost Peaks - This could be fun just for the challenge of seeing how high you could level without ever leaving the zone. I believe Ice Giants can take you to 60.

Qeynos - The guild all stand inside the rodcet nife UFO and wait for the day it takes off for outer space.

Warsliks Wood - The guild lives in the underground tunnels/caves connecting to LOIO.

Timorous Deep - The guild is composed of shipwreck survivors who washed up on the shore of the hidden inn island.

StocktonRZ
08-28-2019, 02:59 PM
Qeynos - The guild all stand inside the rodcet nife UFO and wait for the day it takes off for outer space.

This one comes with free Kool-Aid.

Expediency
08-28-2019, 03:07 PM
Also open to suggestions on best policies regarding importation of gear, spells, et cetera. Goal is to try to strike a balance between the (fun) challenge of being stuck in one zone, without crippling entire classes, et cetera.

Maybe grant a certain number of importation waivers per member? Top 5 items or spells you want to import, you can?

Very exciting idea. I have put some thought into an odus only guild ruleset but never made any real moves towards trying it. Here are my suggestions:

1. Characters must be guilded at level 1 and bind on odus at that time.
2. The only way to leave odus without being booted is to bank your weapons and armor. You must travel the rest of the world naked.
3. Any character level 2 or higher found exping outside odus is booted.

StocktonRZ
08-28-2019, 03:10 PM
2. The only way to leave odus without being booted is to bank your weapons and armor. You must travel the rest of the world naked.

Great solution that keeps things challenging. Very clever.

branamil
08-28-2019, 03:23 PM
Actually that would be a decent challenge.

What zone(s) would allow you to reasonably level all the way to 60? Surely something like North Qeynos... Plenty of supplies, and guards of all levels. With a harmony capable class you can single pull everything since it's outdoors.

Possibly freeport or commons as well. But yeah if you can't buy spells or train then it would suck

bonesaw
08-28-2019, 03:30 PM
Very exciting idea. I have put some thought into an odus only guild ruleset but never made any real moves towards trying it. Here are my suggestions:

1. Characters must be guilded at level 1 and bind on odus at that time.
3. Any character level 2 or higher found exping outside odus is booted.

I like this rule set...I’m in provided the guild name doesn’t suck

Kintronics
08-28-2019, 03:35 PM
Stonebrunt Mountains.

Ocean of Tears.

StocktonRZ
08-28-2019, 03:47 PM
Ocean of Tears.

As non-city, non-starting zone suggestions go, this one is pretty good.

Kiithsa
08-28-2019, 03:47 PM
Guk, but only if you allowed upper and lower. Also Sol A+B might work too.

jacobar
08-28-2019, 04:28 PM
blackburrow

Ennewi
08-28-2019, 04:31 PM
The ocean zones and port cities of East Freeport (and West/North), Ocean of Tears, Butcherblock Mountains (and Dagnor's Cauldron/Kedge Keep), Timorous Deep, Overthere, and Firiona Vie. Might even include North Ro and Oasis because they're beside the ocean, which would also make Iceclad available. Eventually guild wizards could port players to Cobalt Scar as well, making Siren's Grotto the guild's raid zone.

All of Odus seems like the best option though.

Ravager
08-28-2019, 04:44 PM
Take the Oath and become One with the Wall.

Mewse
08-28-2019, 04:45 PM
Kithicor Forest. Level by day, survivor horror by night.

Tilroy
08-28-2019, 04:51 PM
Oasis of Marr
Timorous Deep
Surefall Glade
Kerra Island

xdrcfrx
08-28-2019, 04:55 PM
This is a hard one, if you want to be restricted to JUST a single zone. Ideally, you need a zone that has vendors, and class trainers, but that can also support xp-ing from 1-60. Bonus if it allows for more than a single class or two, and even better if it allows for good and evil. I don't know if you can meet all of those criteria at the same time without some sort of wiggle room in the rules.

Idea 1: greater faydark, with Felwithe allowed. This gets you class trainers for most classes, excluding shaman, necro, and monk. Wolf form could conceivably fix faction issues for evil sorts. You have vendors, and a bank, available. Not sure on availability of XP from 1-60 though.

Idea 2:. Freeport, or Queynos, IF you consider the multiple city zones as a single entity for these purposes. Then you have every class trainer, vendors, bank.

Idea 3:. As was discussed, Odus. But not the whole continent. Paineel/toxx/Erudin only.

E-Queue
08-28-2019, 05:07 PM
Another vote for Odus. I'd allow travel to Qeynos and Surefall for training purposes, but never for any exp.

Zuranthium
08-28-2019, 06:44 PM
Ocean of Tears, 100%. You can go Level 8 --> 60 there and it's pretty much a dead zone since the Seafuries were nerfed, right? Would be nice to see goblin and aviak groups going, that content is never touched. You could even permanently hold down the Ancient Cyclops camp within guild and make a business out of selling the quest part. The guild could literally "own" the zone, would be funny.

This is a hard one, if you want to be restricted to JUST a single zone. Ideally, you need a zone that has vendors, and class trainers, but that can also support xp-ing from 1-60. I don't know if you can meet all of those criteria at the same time without some sort of wiggle room in the rules.

It's not realistic to start this at Level 1, might as well just level up first in w/e starter area and then make your way over to the one zone. Allowing occasional travel to the bank or skill trainer would have to be a thing as well. Also letting people bring in spells and certain equipment. Ocean of Tears makes this even easier since you can hop on the boat to Freeport.

Jibartik
08-28-2019, 07:31 PM
SolB is my vote, though it is not meant for players pre level 30 (perhaps solAB is your guilds greatest ambition to maintain dominion of) But here's why SolB.

You can enter this zone and start exping around level 35 killing kolbolds, then up to bats and bugs 45+, from there LDC's and Imps, all the way to the Efreeti, the group tier boss. A great camp.

From there you can move into the giants, and fight the sub-mega boss, the King, with his minor boss the skarlon.

From there you can move on to raiding by farming naggy.

I mean you can keep solid busy machine grinding in this zone from level 30-60+ and that is hard to beat.

Sol A as the "outer beltline" territories would expand your level range to low 20's and provide some amount of merchants.. I guess I haven't thought about merchants and such.

StocktonRZ
08-28-2019, 07:58 PM
It's not realistic to start this at Level 1, might as well just level up first in w/e starter area and then make your way over to the one zone.

Yeah, seems like if you wanted to limit it to one zone, you would have to either choose a utility zone (city) or a fun zone (OoT). If you did a continent, you wouldn't have to make that choice.

If you chose the single zone, you would need to look at the zone's itemization, and beyond the obvious (allowing outside trips for training, spells) would need to decide how outside gear could be brought in. For instance in OoT, IIRC the only in-zone weapon that's any good is the SHM-only spear.

Still, I think either Odus or OoT would be fun.

Jibartik
08-28-2019, 08:04 PM
Would be nice to see goblin and aviak groups going, that content is never touched.

Haha this is so true, I wish I leveled killing mermaids so bad. Maybe on Green we should make this happen Zur?

Side note and totally not related, speaking of the Ocean of tears, i want to connect these dots regarding the sister of elrosi island:

1. The zone Dock.
2. Woodelf women: Check.
3. Woldelf males: ...nope.
4. 2 Sisters in a hut, with a bed.
5. they have fancy swords.
6. main hut has: merchant, and a room with beds everywhere.
7. level 60 wood elf inside hut, can be very aggressive.
8. all woodelfs drop chastity belts.

Ok so lets connect em...

I think the sisters of elrosi, are a reformatory for wood elf girls (2. Woodelf females: Check. 3. Woldelf males: ...nope.) that have been spending a bit too much time with those nasty dark elves, hence (8. all woodelfs drop chastity belts.)

But what the city council of kelethin don't know is that the person in charge of the whole operation (7. level 60 wood elf inside hut) is actually a pimp (can be very aggressive.) and is just using it to collect the types of people she can corrupt, and then once they are shipped to the island turns them into prostitutes (6. main hut: merchant, beds everywhere.) for travelers stopping at (1. The zone Dock.) an area notorious in nearly every culture for being full of this ancient profession.

Security at the Elrosi Whore House is maintained by 2 lieutenants, former members who have devious dark elvish sex in their private hut (4. 2 Sisters in a hut, with a bed.) are awarded this right because they maintain security for the Pimp of Elrosi with the use of their special swords (5. they have fancy swords.)

So be mindful when your groupmate says he must travel through the ocean of tears, make sure they get checked out at the clinic after.

Jimjam
08-28-2019, 08:21 PM
Kithicor Forest?

Sunderfury
08-28-2019, 09:00 PM
Should make the zone level range based, all of the beaten path areas. Hell, call it <Off the Beaten Path>.

Everfrost 1-15
Runnyeye 10-25
Dalnir 20-35
Droga 30-40
Etc

Not sure if those levels work, but you get the idea.

Can periodically switch (every 3 months? ) to some other zone list.

Zuranthium
08-28-2019, 09:06 PM
Haha this is so true, I wish I leveled killing mermaids so bad. Maybe on Green we should make this happen Zur?

Would need to be PvP or no "Play Nice Policy" server for it to be fun enough to me. Holding down the Seafuries and various other camps against invaders is fun. If it's just a retarded system of whoever tags first, then no.

ScottBerta
08-28-2019, 11:03 PM
How about a Erudite only guild that has to go 1-60 on Odus.

Stonebrunt and Hole can allow for like 30-60.

Whites
08-28-2019, 11:26 PM
Race=Ogres
Zone=Ak’Anon
Guild name = Big Butts Small Doors

Worry
08-28-2019, 11:30 PM
I've had similar thoughts on the Odus-only characters, didn't realize there were so many with the same interest.

Perhaps this should be a thing.

Zemus
08-29-2019, 01:00 AM
Darkelves only. May not enter the commonlands. Neriak, nek, lavastorm, najena, sola, solb only.

hillgiantchamp
08-29-2019, 03:02 AM
I would play halas and qeynos city starters only and never go farther then karanas. I played a barbarian warrior to lvl 30 solo and had zero outside help and karanas was as far as I could go. Was a lot of fun. Great quests with bandits and rabid pelts to make exp and pp off greens in downtime. Was able to blacksmith my weapons until I could do langseax of the wolves sword quests for 1h and 2h slashers. Good times. Plenty of merchants with bandages for sale around all the karanas can exp right next to them to reload. Tailored my WR bags. Forged my plate armor. Had queynos aqueducts for 5hp rings and earrings (at least I could fill ever slot early). Get dungeons like permafrost and paw. Good quests. Rare spawns like pyzjn and quilmane. Plenty of fun exp spots and classic gear. South karans ogres lootz etc etc. Would be fun to do with a guild and try to end goal do a vox and have a kickass raid target also!

Lojik
08-29-2019, 08:06 AM
How about Trolls/Ogres than can only level in innothule/guk/feerrott/CT? 1-60 possible?

StocktonRZ
08-29-2019, 08:49 AM
I've had similar thoughts on the Odus-only characters, didn't realize there were so many with the same interest.

Perhaps this should be a thing.

Before EQ Live went F2P, there was a server that was the tutorial zone only, which you could play for free. People managed to get crazy high levels there doing creative things, and it was fun to be able to log in for just an hour a day and always find groups/do something.

Plus, if you follow the rules of a single-zone or Odus-only guild, getting 60 with BIS (Odus BIS, let's say) would be a real hard mode achievement, something you could feel satisfied about within the context of the game.

Vexenu
08-29-2019, 08:55 AM
Odus-only would be neat, but there's nothing particularly difficult about leveling to 60 in crap gear when you can lean heavily on Clerics, Mages and Enchanters, as Erudites would. You'd definitely have to respect the SKs and Paladins though.

s71ck
08-29-2019, 10:25 AM
I like added challenge of one race

How about a Erudite only guild that has to go 1-60 on Odus.

I'd be interested in joining this, something like Barbarian only Halas, Everfrost, Permafrost, or etc.

Jlpstrtkng
08-29-2019, 11:06 AM
How about Trolls/Ogres than can only level in innothule/guk/feerrott/CT? 1-60 possible?

Probably not possible to get 60 unless you add plane of fear to the mix

Flicka
08-29-2019, 12:51 PM
Should make the zone level range based, all of the beaten path areas. Hell, call it <Off the Beaten Path>.

Everfrost 1-15
Runnyeye 10-25
Dalnir 20-35
Droga 30-40
Etc

Not sure if those levels work, but you get the idea.

Can periodically switch (every 3 months? ) to some other zone list.
This would be a cool concept!

I was thinking of OT. 1-60 there. Yeah initially you'd have to get folks over there & get them bound & would take packs to zerk on even the lowest lvl mobs (lvl 12 bristly succulents per wiki) but would be fun. Vendors & bank there, lots of faction stuff to do. Pond & ocean to swim & fish in. Still can buy spells & items from the billion & one travelers that come thru the area.

Remeygi
08-29-2019, 01:11 PM
I played a barbarian warrior to lvl 30 solo and had zero outside help and karanas was as far as I could go. Was a lot of fun. Great quests with bandits and rabid pelts to make exp and pp off greens in downtime. Was able to blacksmith my weapons until I could do langseax of the wolves sword quests for 1h and 2h slashers. Good times. Plenty of merchants with bandages for sale around all the karanas can exp right next to them to reload. Tailored my WR bags. Forged my plate armor. Had queynos aqueducts for 5hp rings and earrings (at least I could fill ever slot early). Get dungeons like permafrost and paw. Good quests. Rare spawns like pyzjn and quilmane. Plenty of fun exp spots and classic gear. South karans ogres lootz etc etc.

Levelling, questing, plat grinding, tradeskilling - all included.

I take my hat off to you!

How did you continue from there?

sedrie.bellamie
08-29-2019, 01:13 PM
Kedge Keep

Immok
08-29-2019, 01:58 PM
Rathe Mountains

Zuranthium
08-30-2019, 12:35 AM

Probably not possible to get 60 unless you add plane of fear to the mix

You can get to 60 in L-Guk. There's also a few NPC's to camp in the other areas you mention (would be a lot more if earlier era Merchant killing and gate guards were in place).

Naerron
08-30-2019, 07:37 AM
I suggest picking a single city and role play the seedy underbelly

Jimjam
08-30-2019, 08:11 AM
I suggest picking a single city and role play the seedy underbelly

Are there XP options in Qey Cat between the smugglers and Shieldstan?