PDA

View Full Version : Kalayia Woodwhisper Information Thread

Videri
09-05-2019, 01:58 AM
Hi folks, I wanted to start a thread to help nail down the info on this elusive elf. Please contribute info that may help us track her down. There's not a huge amount of competition for her, and I don't anticipate much of it on Green, but I figure the easier she is to spawn, the better off we'll be.

Last night, I asked a bard friend to sing Song of Highsun on Kalayia Woodwhisper after I cast Paralyzing Earth on her. I thereby discovered her spawn point is actually approximately -720, 1689, just south of the orc camp labeled 9 on the wiki page for Lesser Faydark. I will update Kalayia's wiki to reflect this.

https://i.imgur.com/S63ViAo.png

Today, I found out her placeholder can be "a giant spider." I saw one following her entire path.

Remaining to be determined:
• Respawn timer (I think it's longer than 6:40, as I sat at her spawn after killing her for about 15-20 minutes and I saw nothing spawn.)
• Spawn table / list of placeholders. This includes "a giant spider". The Wiki claims placeholders can include "a fae drake" and "a faerie maiden."

Dedicated to all Erudite and Human clerics, the eviler the better. Wear your Fright Forged Helms proudly on Blue, Red, Green, and beyond.

Jibartik
09-05-2019, 09:34 AM
iirc its a like 10 min timer? or maybe less? I used info on the wiki to spawn her really quickly.

If you dont get it down by this weekend I'll help videri.

Jibartik
09-05-2019, 09:40 AM
But that means you have to help me find crookstinger cus hes on my list.

Videri
09-06-2019, 03:09 AM
But that means you have to help me find crookstinger cus hes on my list.

You got it, Jib. Actually, I haven't tested this yet, but I remember reading somewhere that the east-west roaming "a giant spider" is a placeholder for 5 named mobs: Mina Glimmerwing, Old Dimshimmer, Queen Nasheeji, Whimsy Larktwitter, and Crookstinger. :) I will test this at some point. I think I'll log onto Tala soon and tinker with both the Kalayia and the Crookstinger spawn groups.

Cecil
09-06-2019, 09:38 PM
I did this once.

Videri
09-08-2019, 08:09 PM
I did this once.

Got any results? Or just reminiscing? :)

Update: I forgot to post on Saturday when I saw "a faerie maiden" following Kalayia's path. That must be among the placeholders as well. I killed it, but then I had to log off. Spawn timer is my next thing to figure out. Then I'll kill ten or so PHs and see what can be a placeholder.

For now, if you want Kalayia, just go to -720, +1690 and look west.

Look to the west!