PDA

View Full Version : As a trade skiller...

Axlrose
09-08-2019, 05:30 PM
I like to trade skill.

It is a bit disheartening to hear how this is basically the last patch when there are "little" things that could have helped people who do trade skill. As I mentioned in the patch thread -

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/history/patches-2001-1.html

------------------------------
April 17, 2001 3:00 am

** Food Changes **

- Food items now have a 'duration'. This means that some food items will not sustain a character as long as others, and some items will sustain your character longer than they did before.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/history/patches-2001-2.html

July 24, 2001 3:00 am

** Item Changes **

- Many pelts have been made stackable. Those that are not stackable now are quest items that will not be made stackable.

While the pet window and extra hot bars were later additions with posters being either against or for these losses, as I read the patch notes during the time frame of this server, there were other changes that appeared to have never gotten a look.

Thanks for the overall effort though. I guess I am subtly ranting here at best.

Jibartik
09-08-2019, 05:34 PM
Have you been working with the staff to help make sure these (if they are accurate to p99s timeline) changes are added to their list?

Or were you just hoping they would do it? If you were just hoping, I suggest posting in the bugs forums and help them by providing all the evidence you would need (which these links seem great) to prove when and how they should be implemented.

Axlrose
09-08-2019, 06:15 PM
While I did not post this old thread in the Bug forums, a while back I mentioned something that Rygar was able to find multiple pieces of evidence involving drinking more in the desert zones south of Freeport.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=284487

Never heard a peep about it from anybody in charge. And a minor bard song nit-pick -

https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=323699

Quietly locked.

Yes, the work is volunteer; but it appears (at times) to pick and choose too.

Jibartik
09-08-2019, 06:16 PM
Yeah they pick and chose what they feel they should work on which is perfectly fair, its not up to us to pick and chose for them after all.

If you're right though, there is no way they wont work this in, please keep bugging them if you are right then you need to be the change we all need to get these in!

loramin
09-08-2019, 06:34 PM
I always used to think this was rude, but apparently it's protocol around here: bump the thread (ie. make a post on it every few days).

Like I said, it feels rude to me, but it seems to be how they measure bug interest here, and it appears to be encouraged.

Jibartik
09-08-2019, 06:35 PM
It takes a starting city.

(That's my everquest version of saying "It takes a village.")

honeybee12874
09-08-2019, 11:26 PM
I would love to see the food change implemented. I really enjoy making food in game, there's something so satisfying about it. However, there's no market for the high end food or drinks you can make, because people would rather just get vendor muffins and milk lol :(

Jibartik
09-09-2019, 08:47 AM
I would love to see the food change implemented. I really enjoy making food in game, there's something so satisfying about it. However, there's no market for the high end food or drinks you can make, because people would rather just get vendor muffins and milk lol :(

Yeah I blame the origional EQ devs for this one.

A full meal should offer you stats, and you shouldnt want to hold onto that meal the way we do now (managing your food so you dont eat the 1 stat food you have etc)

I wish drinking gave you stats too, like to encourage tanks to get drunk before fights.

It would have been cool if a master foodcrafter could offer you some buffs that nobody else could etc, same with a brewer.

Even wow didn't get this right though so maybe its very hard to design idk haha

Benanov
09-09-2019, 09:55 AM
Drinking gives you stats, but man does it have a price.

Axlrose
09-09-2019, 10:30 AM
Yeah I blame the origional EQ devs for this one.

A full meal should offer you stats, and you shouldnt want to hold onto that meal the way we do now (managing your food so you dont eat the 1 stat food you have etc)

I wish drinking gave you stats too, like to encourage tanks to get drunk before fights.

It would have been cool if a master foodcrafter could offer you some buffs that nobody else could etc, same with a brewer.

Even wow didn't get this right though so maybe its very hard to design idk haha

Without knowing if this would be possible to code, but make the drink and food with stats as a hidden magical bonus and place a hidden buff onto your character when naturally consumed. Thus the buff bar of fifteen slots would have a two hidden ones with one towards drink and one towards food. *shrugs*

Jibartik
09-09-2019, 01:36 PM
Without knowing if this would be possible to code, but make the drink and food with stats as a hidden magical bonus and place a hidden buff onto your character when naturally consumed. Thus the buff bar of fifteen slots would have a two hidden ones with one towards drink and one towards food. *shrugs*

There actually is a feature for this exact behavior in the game right now if I am understanding you correctly. To really take advantage of it you have to keep a stat food (there are a few of them like these) (http://wiki.project1999.com/Pixie_Powder_Cinnesticks) on your top inventory slot, but instead of eating it, you click the other food in your inventory (muffins or whatever) until you are too full to eat anything else.

This will allow you to keep the stat food on the top slot of your inventory, therefore providing the extra stats, while preventing you from accidentally eating it.

The stats, and the effort required to do this makes it not worth it for me. I wish they just made food crafting, and brewing, essentially alchemy but with different stat themes. Food for melee, Alcohol for tanks and special beverages for casters. Idk something like that :P