PDA

View Full Version : Now that Green is coming...Favorite Blue memory?

Crede
09-10-2019, 07:25 PM
Favorite blue memory? Chardok AE groups.

You could be a casual and get rich from these groups and if you had the money could bypass those really annoying slow levels. Epic MQs, fungi's, Tstaffs, etc. All of this was attainable with the pp you made which was typically 4k/hour on average. Seeing how big the pulls could get and everyone needing to be on their A game to be successful each round was arguably more challenging than the modern raid scene. For those who never got to experience this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKoRTz5tcig

RIP Chardok AE. With all the hate you got, I still miss you.

Briscoe
09-10-2019, 08:08 PM
One of my favorite memories also has to do with Chardok AE. I wasn't actually in the AE group, though. But I called "ready" and the puller started the pull because he just counted up the responses without noticing that there was an enchanter who was AFK and had not returned. Oops!

Nirgon
09-10-2019, 08:15 PM
No CSR VP being classic

Evia
09-10-2019, 08:44 PM
I enjoyed leveling my rogue up. Especially in the late 20s until mid 40s. I made friends with 5 or 6 regular pals and grouped regularly with them.

None of them play anymore though sadly.

Jibartik
09-10-2019, 09:12 PM
Leveling to 60 with my shaman, I did basically all of it without leaving SolB.

First I killed imps to get to 60, and learned how to play the class against the big creatures like the efreeti

Then took that knowledge to the King and got myself a crown.

And then some friends and I killed Ragefire.

It was basically like the coolest, I felt like that whole zone was this gigantic shaman epic quest challenge single player campaign RPG game. It's such a well balanced progression!

I strongly recommend it if you're thinking of playing a 50+ Shaman! SolB has it all! I think you could start there at level 36, never leave, and experience all the mechanics this game has to offer haha.

I AM KING OF THE MOUNTAIN! YOU COULD BE TOO...

Mewse
09-10-2019, 09:20 PM
Zoning into Crushbone for the first time in ten years. The nostalgia wave was a sweet, sweet ride.

Nuggie
09-10-2019, 09:28 PM
Learning from Bubbles about how to be a necro.

Learning about flag pole jump.

Killing vulak competitively as a Casual Scum Guilder.

Demoraliser
09-10-2019, 09:43 PM
Beating up An Undead Annalkeeper and stealing his Cracked Staff.

hillgiantchamp
09-10-2019, 09:48 PM
GM event one night announced they put three prenerf dark elf masks on random mobs in 3 zones. One in upper guk, one in sol a and one in south karana. I was running through upper guk right as I saw the announcement. Started slaying everything and boom a random mob had a dark elf mask. Saw a druid in zone played 200p or so for a port to lavastorm real quick. Ran to sol a couldn't find a mob up just kept going deeper and deeper mobs where slain everywhere. Came to a door a couple people just ran by, opened it up sure enough there where a couple goblins up and boom got a 2nd dark elf mask off the only 2 goblins I killed or even saw. I locked corpse and let my brother come loot it. 3rd one I heard dropped off brother Quinn in south karana. He was left up for a quite a while no one could find the mask then a gang of people jumped him and best dpser got the mask.

Bbeta
09-10-2019, 10:06 PM
No CSR VP being classic

This is my favorite memory, No CSR VP let the men be men. there wasnt a better time on this server.

https://i.imgur.com/PrwDj2B.png

Me standing in a pile of corpses protecting VP in the name of TMO

https://i.imgur.com/lZJTwNd.png

Second favorite memory so i feel a little original would definitly be Charming Sirran the lunatic. during a repop i managed to lead a team to kill Noble, Ooa, Hand, and Eye of Veeshan in under 15 min using the same Sirran for all the kills!

https://i.imgur.com/Bx8Y8eT.png

PS, you're all welcome for trivializing chardok ae immediately after they nerfed Skyfire AE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WVX0SQqSpU note the positioning, my positioning, bit off in this video because this was when we were ironing out the details to make it better. so the pulls were not as large and also wizards nuked a bit to early. but again you're welcome

Bardp1999
09-10-2019, 11:06 PM
The day Akadius formed <Aftermath> from the scraps of <Asgard> and <Forsaken> was fun. We all met in North Ro and deguilded and got retagged. He also granted me my Wu'Tang surname (this is the second time after being striped once) on this very same day. Once Fatnar the Greasy poped my name again I basically lost the desire to play here all together and decided leaving Blue would be a thing for me. It took some time but I finally pulled the P99 needle out of my arm and casted Wizard: Evacuation. Then I did the most classic thing in all of EQ, which is leave EQ for WoW Classic

Sonderbeast
09-10-2019, 11:31 PM
Paradox when everyone was still mid 50's was a tight group of people. Everyone was very community minded and supportive, I remember farming with a few guildies for a couple days trying to get that damn block of permafrost at lvl 52. Was chill.

Luci
09-11-2019, 08:39 AM
As one of the Enchanters on that Chardok AoE pull you linked, it was very interesting to see it from your perspective!

Raev
09-11-2019, 08:58 AM
#1 has to be ninjaing TMO's overseer of air when they didn't manage to click up to Isle 4 in 20 minutes. Probably the only time during all of Kunark era when The A-Team was able to strike a blow for quality over quantity. Briscoe took that DT if memory serves! Detoxx handled it pretty well all things considered.

I do remember Briscoe's 'ready' call wiping Chardok AOE which was pretty hilarious. I think that was also the time when we let the overking CH about 3x and fought through a complete round of repops before finally killing him after 20 minutes. Not The A-Team's most competent moment of course.

Teppler
09-11-2019, 09:01 AM
Using charm animals on crocs in oasis and buffing them with sow and celerity and then logging out and in.

Cen
09-11-2019, 09:06 AM
Pretending to be Innoruuk for a Halloween event and getting a bunch of Blood Guard to go to a special event in plane of Hate that didnt exist is still one of my fond memories, but more the bond with a lot of blood guard people I met after :p

Bbeta
09-11-2019, 09:08 AM
#1 has to be ninjaing TMO's overseer of air when they didn't manage to click up to Isle 4 in 20 minutes. .... Aalpha handled it pretty well all things considered.

Lol like detoxx had any say in posky, TMO sky raids post 2013 froovy gate were 100% my responsibility. Unless u r talking post velious beta from like late 2015 - late 2016

Budder
09-11-2019, 09:13 AM
Everyone acts like Blue will be dead. I sure hope that isn’t the case, I like it there.

Grimmskld
09-11-2019, 10:31 AM
"Pretending to be Innoruuk for a Halloween event and getting a bunch of Blood Guard to go to a special event in plane of Hate that didnt exist is still one of my fond memories, but more the bond with a lot of blood guard people I met after "

Omfg, that was the funniest thing I had witnessed on the server for sure! We (BG) were all super excited to get up to PoHate and kick Inny's ass only to find nothing special drop off him, but the same old loot table.......Once we found out it was a spoof, a lotta people got PO'd and ragequit for the night! But in retrospective, I would have laughed my ass off it I managed to get a guild to a zone based on hearsay!

Another memorable night was when the entire server was waiting at the end of the month (I wanna say this happened in the fall of 18) for the quake to happen. Mind you, this was when they had guaranteed 3 quakes per month I believe. It gets down to 12 am of the next month, and NOTHING happened!!! The server population must have been 1,600 +, and everyone was sooo pissed off at first, but some of us laughed it off! The fun part was just waiting around, shooting the shit with everyone waiting for the quake, imo!!

Jibartik
09-11-2019, 10:44 AM
Everyone acts like Blue will be dead. I sure hope that isn’t the case, I like it there.

I think blue has a big future now that its the server with pet windows, while green will be the one with 1 chat window :cool:

ineubis
09-11-2019, 03:56 PM
Favorite blue memories:

Playing EQ again for the first time in ~16 years.
First God kill in EQ (Innoruuk)
First level 60 character in EQ

Lots more memorable firsts too. I am glad I got to experience so much more now, way beyond what I did on live with my couple of 52s then I'd quit and roll another one. Never powered through it and had a max level guy before. Sure it took me 2 years on P99 to figure out how to get to 60, but I eventually made it.

bigjeff100
09-11-2019, 04:28 PM
Man oh man i used to get so sick of plane of sky raids in Hydra.. But it was the only raid i was able to attend on a weekly basis since we had a saturday night slot.. And looking back, i do miss them sometimes!!

I miss having Kittens be part of the family,
I miss Tpar gettin drunky and fallin off the islands on a weekly basis..
I miss the goofballs who would drink to Tpar's shenanigans... SHOTS!
Where you at these days Vortimar?
Bowand i hope all is well with you too bud!

Miss all off you from the old crew!!! Hail Hydra!!!

AegnorP99
09-11-2019, 04:50 PM
My most memorable early P99 moment was when I found Pyzjn up with a Glowing Black Stone in QHills early one morning on my level 17 paladin. I engaged her and put up a valiant effort, but her dots and nukes were too much and I died. I figured that was that and someone else would get the GBS, but I hustled back over anyway only to find her standing in the ruins waiting for me. I managed to loot up the corpse, med up a bit, and take another shot at her before anyone else noticed. For some reason she didn't cast a single spell the second time and I took her down pretty easily. This was pre-Kunark and I managed to sell the GBS for almost 11k with which I bought a full set of Armor of Ro, a Ghoulbane, and a Shield of the Stalwart Seas. Good stuff!

I also have a ton of great memories with Azure Guard. Definitely too many to list.

zanderklocke
09-11-2019, 05:27 PM
#1 has to be ninjaing TMO's overseer of air when they didn't manage to click up to Isle 4 in 20 minutes. Probably the only time during all of Kunark era when The A-Team was able to strike a blow for quality over quantity. Briscoe took that DT if memory serves! Detoxx handled it pretty well all things considered.

I do remember Briscoe's 'ready' call wiping Chardok AOE which was pretty hilarious. I think that was also the time when we let the overking CH about 3x and fought through a complete round of repops before finally killing him after 20 minutes. Not The A-Team's most competent moment of course.

Top 10 Memories

1. Duoing SolB giants with you while you were on your warrior and I was on my bard.

2. Trioing Ragefires with Zagum and Luchino.

3. Eabon's open sky raids and beating Eye of Veeshan for the first time.

4. Powerleveling Tecmos and the absurd number of Drolvargs that died in FV; I think he gained like 3.5-4 levels off one pull of mobs.

5. Mastering the Bar/Chef area on my bard as tank and main puller using Eye of Zomm.

6. Killing Trakanon as a guild for the first time.

7. Kiting fear for break ins or wipes.

8. Staying up until 3:45 AM to camp a Mask of Deception and accidentally getting locked out of my apartment when I took my dog out to go to the bathroom and didn't bring my keys with me.

9. Listening to Knightt and Drippin talk in Flawless Victory. Drippin has the dopest voice I have ever heard.

10. Creating a Quillmane guide and spending months out there making Quillmane spawn. Probably my favorite mob in EverQuest.

Notable mention is the first time ever setting foot in zones like Plane of Hate, Plane of Fear, Sebilis, Veeshan's Peak. Those were zones I read about on Caster's Realm or Everlore back on the day but never could really visualize because screenshots don't do a good job of really highlighting what something is like to play.

Raev
09-11-2019, 06:12 PM
Lol like detoxx had any say in posky, TMO sky raids post 2013 froovy gate were 100% my responsibility. Unless u r talking post velious beta from like late 2015 - late 2016

Looks like I was the one who got wrecked by the DT but the A-Team crushed it anyway! And it was Detoxx:

[Wed Jan 21 23:16:45 2015] Briscoe tells the group, '[Thu Jan 22 00:56:54 2015] Noble Dojorn has been slain by Pullin!'
[Wed Jan 21 23:17:04 2015] Briscoe has been slain by Overseer of Air!
[Wed Jan 21 23:17:15 2015] Overseer of Air shouts 'RAEV'
[Wed Jan 21 23:17:19 2015] You say to your guild, 'BUFF XOQUIL'
[Wed Jan 21 23:17:19 2015] Returning to The Overthere, please wait...
[Wed Jan 21 23:17:41 2015] Detoxx tells you, 'what u doing?'
[Wed Jan 21 23:17:47 2015] You told Detoxx, '20 mins sir'
[Wed Jan 21 23:18:09 2015] Quickfist tells the guild, 'REAPER DOWN, KORAF GO'
[Wed Jan 21 23:18:20 2015] Phoque tells the guild, 'Did they srsly fail to engage after 20 minutes?'
[Wed Jan 21 23:18:23 2015] Briscoe tells the group, 'god damnit i should have ran'
[Wed Jan 21 23:18:24 2015] You say to your guild, 'yep'
[Wed Jan 21 23:18:25 2015] Detoxx tells you, 'lol we were just tagging at 20 min mark....sweet tho'
[Wed Jan 21 23:18:34 2015] You told Detoxx, 'migth be wiping anyway'
[Wed Jan 21 23:19:18 2015] Gadwin tells the guild, 'GOT IT'
[Wed Jan 21 23:19:21 2015] Buttscratch tells the guild, 'YES'
[Wed Jan 21 23:19:27 2015] Gadwin tells the guild, 'and Koraf with the killing blow!'
[Wed Jan 21 23:20:15 2015] Detoxx tells you, 'thats shitty as fuck tho man, we were literally going to pull on time and u fucke dus'
[Wed Jan 21 23:20:30 2015] You told Detoxx, '...'

Duoing SolB giants with you while you were on your warrior and I was on my bard.
Aha, I have a screenshot of that too! We got Skarlon, I assume using the lull through the wall while in melee range trick. Apparently I kept aggroing the 4-spawn like a retard though . . . .

Lurgort/Sseri
09-11-2019, 06:52 PM
Was on this server for only a year, so my best memory was the day dragons became rooted earlier this year and a bunch of casual raiding guilds teamed up to kill Vyemm / Vulak. Won a NToV piece that day (Onyx Gaunts) and it was a pretty awesome experience!

JayDee
09-11-2019, 06:55 PM
Fazlazen bitching at eccezzan after losing trakanon to forced entry. I'd fork over 20 dollars right now if someone provided me with the audio.

eqgmrdbz
09-12-2019, 05:59 AM
Has to be my first week playing, started an Iksar Necro and then switched to Half Elf Ranger. Leveling the Necro then Ranger instantly took me back to my last days playing on live, it was like I had come back home.

Solist
09-12-2019, 06:11 AM
That first PD on opening day.

Re-levelling Motec with Hoshkar clicky staff from level 5 before most people ever even got a VP key.

Halfcell
09-12-2019, 08:14 AM
Seafury Island pre-nerf. A hectic sprint from mob to mob trying lock it down the moment it spawned. Always some FD necro with a spectre pet face down on top of the hill in the middle. So much fun, so much money. Paid for my torpor.

Bbeta
09-12-2019, 09:10 AM
Looks like I was the one who got wrecked by the DT but the A-Team crushed it anyway! And it was Detoxx:

Good read thank u for that. I think I was on red.this thread is fun

Budder
09-12-2019, 11:11 AM
Yes. I have lots of great stories from live 1999-2002 but not much here yet as I’m kinda new. Most of mine revolves around getting shit face drunk and playing then waking up the next day, logging in and seeing my naked toon and thinking wtf did I do? Lol

Aalderon Crystafire
09-12-2019, 12:17 PM
Not my favorite memory but since Chardok AE was mentioned one fond memory was gating the Iksar Betrayer out of the AE group's pull before they started nuking so that some Monk could intercept him on his way back up. I don't recall who it was - but he needed a pipe.

Nalanthius
09-12-2019, 01:43 PM
Grinding my ranger to 22 in the hopes of massacring Mammoths with Panic Animal, only to learn Rangers got that at Velious.

Synthlol
09-12-2019, 02:18 PM
The day Uthgaard flagged hateplane for pvp.

Nirgon
09-20-2019, 11:17 AM
Second favorite memory so i feel a little original would definitly be Charming Sirran the lunatic. during a repop i managed to lead a team to kill Noble, Ooa, Hand, and Eye of Veeshan in under 15 min using the same Sirran for all the kills!

One of the big reasons we needed a fresh box, such TAINT

The bluebie scum who cried about pet window also defended keeping this in! F them!

tsuchang
09-20-2019, 11:39 AM
I was playing my human monk in a group in Oasis. We were having a great time bantering and killing the crocodile things. We headed back to the tunnel to go to Befallen when a skelly mob attacked us. We were fighting and dyeing to it before we realized it was a necro pet. The necro was on the top of a dune dotting us. Cripes, we didn't even see him till we were all nearly dead. We all cracked up at the way he ganked us. Well played.
OH, that was red.
Nope, no fun like that on blue. <sigh>

AbstractVision
09-20-2019, 11:45 AM
Entering WW and ToV for the first time ever. Never made it to those zones on live.

Finishing my runed coldain prayer shawl #7.

Ennewi
09-20-2019, 12:51 PM
The patch that inadvertently caused female revs in poh to spam charm. Pullers would spend half the time petted in one of the houses, happy just to get back into camp with or without mobs inc.

FishBait01
09-20-2019, 01:31 PM
Beating Divinity and IB to Draco and CT, then having Durison mutiny the guild

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/197511060297744384/615728657343709191/hax.gif

Nirgon
09-20-2019, 02:12 PM
I was playing my human monk in a group in Oasis. We were having a great time bantering and killing the crocodile things. We headed back to the tunnel to go to Befallen when a skelly mob attacked us. We were fighting and dyeing to it before we realized it was a necro pet. The necro was on the top of a dune dotting us. Cripes, we didn't even see him till we were all nearly dead. We all cracked up at the way he ganked us. Well played.
OH, that was red.
Nope, no fun like that on blue. <sigh>

Good attitude mate