PDA

View Full Version : Paladin Enchanter duo

Danoob
09-10-2019, 10:59 PM
So my wife and and I think we're going to give green a go. She is dead set on enchanter and I am uncertain about a class to go with it. I think our focus is going to be on getting groups maybe joining a guild but we would still like the option to duo on occasion.

Does this combo seem to work on p 99 for occasional duo xp? Alternately I'm thinking of doing druid or cleric but I believe I'll have more fun as a tank class I thought having a healing tank class would work well in and duo situation.

We haven't played for quite a long time. We messed around on p99 a few times back in the early days but ready to give it another shot and just looking for some feedback from recent p99 players.

Thanks

Samaritan
09-11-2019, 11:00 AM
Enchanter + Cleric > all for farming, however starting out I might go Enchanter + Druid for the utility and ports.

Bardp1999
09-11-2019, 11:25 AM
Enchanter and Paladin will have hurdles as a duo. As a backbones for starting a group though? It's awesome. Pally is a great tank and Enchanters are great....well at basically everything single thing in the game but tanking. In the mid game and end game Enchanters are all about that Charm, so if you play any class at all that can heal it will help keep your wife from RIP when the Charm breaks and she takes damage.

I think you guys would find more success as an Enchanter/Druid duo. Druids are fairly shunned in the group department on P99 so if you had your wife bringing you along with an Enchanter it would work on multiple levels. You could also dual Charm many levels and the general utility of a Druid is fun. Enchanter/Pally will require you to pretty much always be seeking a third or fourth group member...Enchanter/Druid can tackle a lot by themselves.

ineubis
09-11-2019, 11:30 AM
What is the plan for healing? Fight as long as you can and then mez them until you can heal/med up and get back in there?

It's great that the PAL gets initial low level heals at 9 and 15, but the 24 level gap until the next heal at 39 is going to hurt as you get into the 20s/30s.

Crede
09-11-2019, 11:36 AM
This duo is actually pretty badass. Will be rough for the first 30 levels or so but with things like clarity, greater healing, and a decent slow it will get more powerful especially as you gear up. A lot of synergy between the 2 classes it just might be rough for awhile with shitty tank gear compared to what we see now in velious on blue. Add a cleric to form a trio and you can do some serious work. A paladin with clarity can stun for days.

Enc/druid or enc/cleric are more powerful, but if you’re feeling a melee id give it a shot. Will be fun with ghoulbane in undead zones as well. I have a paladin stuck at 51 would love to find an enc to grind to 60 with.

Vexenu
09-11-2019, 11:37 AM
If your wife is really comfortable with a charmed pet, and/or you want the most powerful duo, roll a Cleric.

If your wife is semi-comfortable with a charmed pet or if you want the most versatile/casual friendly duo, roll a Druid.

If your wife isn't comfortable charming, or if you primarily intend to group with other players anyway, roll a Paladin.

bomaroast
09-11-2019, 11:57 AM
Shaman. Enchanters love Malosi.

I much prefer duoing with a shaman over a cleric on my enchanter. Shaman is also a lot more fun to play than a cleric.

Paladin would be great too, but not until Kunark comes out and the paladin has started amassing gear.

sonicjoose
09-11-2019, 12:18 PM
Paladin Enc Duo is great!. Also remember you can /duel your wife to keep their pet rooted incase it breaks charm.

Molitoth
09-11-2019, 01:55 PM
Just play whatever sounds fun.

Danoob
09-11-2019, 06:35 PM
Thanks, everyone, got some time to think it over still. My wife is a really good Enc, definitely comfortable with charming/cc/even pulling. The last progression server we tried I boxed an SK/Cleric and she played Enc. Was a great trio, but honestly, I like the idea of not boxing and I will probably choose between the druid or pally.

Trelaboon
09-12-2019, 11:09 AM
I actually duo'd with an Enchanter buddy a ton on my journey to 60 on my Paladin. However, I think it was a bit easier for us than it will be on green, the main reason being that you won't be able to use Deepwater Helm to heal at all. But honestly, with the Enchanter slowing, and with my having Clarity, I had more than enough mana to heal myself back up when needed. It's a great duo in zones where mobs backstab. We duo'd a lot in The Hole and the mobs outside of Efreeti. Both spots have Rogue mobs they can charm, and since you can actually tank it really ramps up the DPS.

Green will be a whole different beast though ,and it's hard to say how effective it would be with zero gear.

fadetree
09-12-2019, 02:04 PM
Pally+Enc would be a great combo. Go for it, don't let the min maxers talk you out of it.

enjchanter
09-12-2019, 02:48 PM
Paladin is probably the only melee really worth duoing with as an enchanter. This is an underrated duo.

Rick Sanchez
09-12-2019, 02:50 PM
I agree, this is a fun pairing.

Raev
09-12-2019, 02:53 PM
My wife is a really good Enc, definitely comfortable with charming/cc/even pulling.
So you'll crush Green regardless of what class you pick, and your primary limit will be neckbearding the very limited number of L40+ camps.

Pally+Enc would be a great combo. Go for it, don't be discouraged by the first 30 levels
I think Paladin/Enchanter is going to suck at first; you don't get root until 22 and stun/symbol until 30. But after that it should be smooth sailing. Your pure duo will be not-terrible, but the best part is that you can take any semi-conscious priest and form a very effective trio: you have loads of control spells to maintain a charmed pet, handle nuking wizards, slow, lay on hands if charm really goes south, etc. As a bonus, you'll have clarity all the time which will let you cast a lot of Knight spells and just spam flash of light.

Nuggie
09-13-2019, 12:13 AM
I like that you like the idea of not boxing, since it isn't allowed here ;)

a_gnome_collector
09-13-2019, 12:39 AM
This duo could definitely work. Ench + anything is often a successful formula. You'll be able to rip agro on pet breaks, assist with lull, root, heals (yes they will make a big impact, even pally heals) and add buffs that she doesnt have.

Again ench + anything. :)