PDA

View Full Version : So what is the Green server?

Poydras
09-11-2019, 08:31 PM
Hows it differ from blue?

vetia
09-11-2019, 08:56 PM
No one is sure yet because we are waiting on more info. The general idea seems to be it will be like if you started blue on blue the day it launched, with all the kinks worked out in advance (thanks to all the hard work on Blue) so they can do the progression of the patches/expansions til the limit on the actual timeline of the original game. Ideas abound of what happens after the progression, with server recycles? maybe green characters to blue? Again, no one without inside knowledge knows for sure.

Culturally it will be different because new guild formations, no one is twinked (at first), less high level chars to help you level or buff you, new economy..

Chortles Snort|eS
09-11-2019, 09:10 PM
Beta Server
Blue Server

Gamma Server
Green Server

Delta Server
Discord Server

loramin
09-11-2019, 09:38 PM
http://wiki.project1999.com/Green

Videri
09-11-2019, 10:26 PM
In a nutshell, it will progress from Classic to Kunark to Velious, observing all patches and changes in between. Content that was added after the launch of the game will be added at the same point in time when it was added on original Live EQ; stuff that was removed from the game will be in at the start, but removed at the same point in time when it was removed on Live. It will be as close to 1999 as possible.

Cen
09-11-2019, 10:37 PM
Im wondering if they will have a PvP version, but I would guess not.

area
09-11-2019, 11:27 PM
In a nutshell, it will progress from Classic to Kunark to Velious, observing all patches and changes in between. Content that was added after the launch of the game will be added at the same point in time when it was added on original Live EQ; stuff that was removed from the game will be in at the start, but removed at the same point in time when it was removed on Live. It will be as close to 1999 as possible.

Is this confirmed and accurate? I'm especially interested in original spells in classic pre-nerf for certain classes.

Jibartik
09-12-2019, 10:25 AM
Is this confirmed and accurate? I'm especially interested in original spells in classic pre-nerf for certain classes.

Im hoping they put that thing where dots did full damage while mobs ran and you can just sow kite your way to 50 before its nerfed lol

Tavanyl
09-12-2019, 11:57 AM
Looking forward to the official post regarding the servers details!

Videri
09-12-2019, 05:01 PM

What I said not confirmed. In fact, literally all we know for sure is that "a new experience" is coming in "October 2019."

BUT...if you are familiar with the way the devs here run things, and if you understand the purpose of the Green Server and of Project 1999 itself, then you may think Green will be like what I said.

And in case you read a post from anyone who has some kind of weird fantasy like the following, they're just not paying attention to what the devs themselves say over and over. Stuff like this is not happening:
• "no legacy items like guise/manastone"
• "make [X item] drop off of [Y mob] because reasons"
• "make [X item] no-drop because reasons"
• "teams pvp"
• "[other mildly or wildly custom ideas]"

However, we should expect 25-mob AE limit because the devs said the reason they made that unclassic change was to better re-create classic. It wasn't a timeline-related change.

Anyway, there's a lot of speculation and fantasizing going on and I just hope people will stay realistic and check what the project is actually about before trying to predict or suggest changes.

area
09-12-2019, 05:35 PM
Makes sense, Videri. I just hope we get an answer one way or the other on certain things. The part about original spells is interesting as it can affect certain classes greatly from the start. See Jibartik's post, as an example. Shaman had Charm in the beginning. Their disease dots were godly and lasted like 5 mins. Shaman isn't the only class affected by this question/opportunity either. :)

Evia
09-12-2019, 06:37 PM
Makes sense, Videri. I just hope we get an answer one way or the other on certain things. The part about original spells is interesting as it can affect certain classes greatly from the start. See Jibartik's post, as an example. Shaman had Charm in the beginning. Their disease dots were godly and lasted like 5 mins. Shaman isn't the only class affected by this question/opportunity either. :)

shamans had charm? like not charm animal but like enchanter charm?!

what other spells did ppl have at classic that changed?!

Videri
09-12-2019, 06:46 PM

Oh yeah, Rogean said he'd give more details soon.

And did Shamans have The Spell "Charm" or are you talking about the befriend animals they currently have?

what other spells did ppl have at classic that changed?!

There are stories of necro pets hitting faster when given faster weapons, and necro charm working on everything.

Jibartik
09-12-2019, 08:09 PM

This level of detail theres no way its in scope for nilbog im sure, but I do hope that eventually he will get there.

nilbog & rog? You read these forums. This is your ultimate goal right? every patch exactly accurate? up the the day/hour? One day? 2042 p99? Plz say it so.

classic pvp server where you could fear players? Fearing players was the most fun I ever had in eq and that was nerfed way back in the real 1999

area
09-12-2019, 11:28 PM
Yes. Shaman had the same Charm spell that Enchanters had. Real charm as well as charm animal line they still have. Eventually it was removed from shaman as too many shaman mobs in classic were charming players and whining killed it for not just NPC shaman but PC shaman as well. My live shaman still had charm in his spellbook, but it was changed to level 255 so he could look at it, but never mem it again. :(