PDA

View Full Version : Enchanter is the best solo class

Demoraliser
09-17-2019, 03:30 AM
Enchanter is the strongest solo class classic, kunark & velious
Enchanter + Cleric is the strongest duo classic, kunark & velious

Enchanters on every corner sellin evercrack (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVjeKltMVJs)

enjchanter
09-17-2019, 03:46 AM
Pretty much yeah

zarza
09-17-2019, 03:48 AM
동의합니다.

Demoraliser
09-17-2019, 06:29 AM
They're always after me lucky charms.

therealmd
09-17-2019, 06:36 AM
Torp Shaman + enchanter is actually the best duo. Shamans offer a much stronger dynamic to the duo than just cleric heals.

Demoraliser
09-17-2019, 06:43 AM
Enchanter also gets enchant metal bar spells for that easy platinum on green jewellery crafting trade skill.
These will be in high deman classic-kunaruk https://wiki.project1999.com/Platinum_Fire_Wedding_Ring

Shhman + enchanter is actually the best duo.https://i.imgur.com/vTD0bf5.gif

Actually you're wrong accept it. Complete heal turns any charmed pet (and enchanter) into a literal god. shhman are dead weight for any good enchanter, whom can slow. torp slows atk speed making pet less of a murder machine. FoS doesn't stack with shield of magi. The clear winner is Enchanter + cleric.

therealmd
09-17-2019, 06:49 AM
You also clearly don’t know how to use the ToT trick with enchanter shaman. The duel and ToT on shamans mana (which is basically unlimited with torp/canni) keeps the enchanters mana almost full constantly. Yeah torp slows down dps, but it’s mana efficient and really only needs to be used during downtime as long as the mob is slowed. So if having CH is all you can use to “win” this argument, you have no mind for the dynamics of EQ

Demoraliser
09-17-2019, 06:51 AM
The big boy duo is Enchanter + Cleric.

therealmd
09-17-2019, 06:53 AM
Lol you can keep thinking that. But maybe it’s you who’s the shit player. I’ve never seen a cleric root rot 5 mobs while enchanters pet kills 1 by 1 and has mana all day from them. But it’s ok, keep being an ignorant player.

Demoraliser
09-17-2019, 06:55 AM
Lol you can keep thinking that. But maybe it’s you who’s the shit player. I’ve never seen a cleric root rot 5 mobs while enchanters pet kills 1 by 1 and has mana all day from them. But it’s ok, keep being an ignorant player.

I aint no ignant player. You've just been dealt a bad hand and taught something that isn't true.
You clearly don't play an enchanter or at least don't play it very well. Maybe you have never even been to a raid on p99.

You need a bite? I got some loam rotting in my bank.

therealmd
09-17-2019, 07:02 AM
Point proven on the ignorant part. Good day

Demoraliser
09-17-2019, 07:03 AM
Point proven on the ignorant part. Good day

I'm glad you finally agree. It's illogical to think any other duo is at the level of a peak performing Enchanter + Cleric.

Be ready to eat your Golden Efreeti Boots.

ps. http://wiki.project1999.com/Cleric
educate yourself on their utility spells.

Jibartik
09-17-2019, 08:30 AM
and really only needs to be used during downtime

I can assure you there is downtime with a shaman yes, there is zero downtime with a cleric duo though.

Not to mention the cleric can easily survive 2 aggro mobs that just killed his enchanter, log, and then rez the enchanter.

Rang
09-17-2019, 08:40 AM
REAL POST. CHARM check SLOW check MANA REGEN check HASTE check HUGE CO....CROWD CONTROL check. must be best EQ class

bilirubin
09-17-2019, 08:42 AM
Torp Shaman + enchanter is actually the best duo. Shamans offer a much stronger dynamic to the duo than just cleric heals.

laughs in stun command

therealmd
09-17-2019, 08:43 AM
I can assure you there is downtime with a shaman yes, there is zero downtime with a cleric duo though.

Not to mention the cleric can easily survive 2 aggro mobs that just killed his enchanter, log, and then rez the enchanter.

I have a 60 torp shaman lol if you have downtime with an enchanter duo, you’re doing it wrong. And if you can’t survive 2 mobs on a shaman if the enchanter dies, you should probably quit.

enjchanter
09-17-2019, 08:58 AM
Just have FT8 imo
I dont even have downtime when I'm soloing

Danth
09-17-2019, 09:02 AM
Enchanter is clearly the strongest solo class, and being cheap to equip compared to its closest competitor (shaman) acts heavily in the enchanter's favor as well. Of course there's the usual disclaimer that strongest overall doesn't necessarily mean best for all individuals. I loathe trying to play enchanter because it's too random and with too much constant attention required. Give me something that's more laid-back, even if it's more limited.

As for duos, let's be realistic: clerics are favored for convenience. They can effectively heal those high-health pets without slowing 'em and they can rez the enchanter when he dies which tends to happen a lot. In terms of raw power I'm not sure there's any content enchanter/cleric can do that enchanter/shaman cannot, and the same is true vice versa. When push comes to shove there's precious little either duo can do that the enchanter can't solo if he feels like it. Power is effectively equal.

On the melee side the same is true of Monk/shaman and SK/Shaman. Folks can and do argue over minutae but in practice they end up doing the same stuff. There are only so many places to go in-game. Monks'll gain an edge if you're talking endgame equipment but prior to then, not much real difference.

Danth

bilirubin
09-17-2019, 09:24 AM
As for duos, let's be realistic: clerics are favored for convenience.

Clerics are favored because they are a better match for Enchanters. Duo with a well-versed cleric at a high level camp as an enchanter and they'll be stunning your pet and pulling aggro when charm breaks to keep you alive while you recover and recharm. Shamans can keep you up with Torpor but if your getting quadded by your hastened and torch-bearing pet while also being summoned, you're still going down.

Jibartik
09-17-2019, 10:00 AM
I have a 60 torp shaman lol if you have downtime with an enchanter duo, you’re doing it wrong. And if you can’t survive 2 mobs on a shaman if the enchanter dies, you should probably quit.

Ah my bad I was saying while leveling so 1-59 cleric is vastly better, while at 60 you can now duo things with the enchanter as well as the cleric yay! :cool: :o

But at 60 anything + enchanter is just as good because you only need to kill 1 or 2 things every 30 minuets. So whats the dif?

EditL oh wait except besides necro, the cleric has the advantage for rez so boom there goes the dynamite, shamans.

24kanthony
09-17-2019, 10:39 AM
Duo with an ench or necro was great from 39 to low 50s, then I used Upheaval in bard kites. With res for the times a kite would go wrong, any lost time was quickly made up and I got my cleric and some friends to 60 quick and easy.

NextToTheGods
09-17-2019, 10:56 AM
The most impressive aspect of the enchanter is how powerful they are with barely any gear. With a full spellbook, 3k worth of gear, a wand of allure, and reaper of the dead there are very few fights an enchanter can’t solo.

hillgiantchamp
09-17-2019, 11:11 AM
If the enchanter is good all he needs for help is sow and malo from shaman that sets shaman apart from any other duo. Thinking of green also... at lvl 9 a sham ench will have a big advantage over cleric enchanter. Probably for many levels... cleric ench is good but shaman ench played well can't be beat

I'm really shocked by page 3 no one has mention malo... or even sow not like everyone will have jboots on green

Added plus troll shaman can snare

I may be wrong on this but for exping is it not better to kill pet after 5+ mobs and start fresh over complete healing? End game camps/raids is different. Even then I remember enchanter breaking and membluring to allow pet to regen to full health instead of healing if they are good

Demoraliser
09-17-2019, 11:20 AM
-mr items on pet + SoW pots

zzz cleric still winning in duo with Enchanter

Jibartik
09-17-2019, 11:40 AM
I'm really shocked by page 3 no one has mention malo..

:p everyone knows about malo lol its like not mentioning that a cleric has stun which provides far more help than malo when your cleric is duoing with you, and you're not boxing your partner.

enjchanter
09-17-2019, 12:00 PM
If it means anything, I dont even feel like a cleric provides me enough benefit to bother splitting loot or rolling against.

I would prefer a cleric over druid and shaman if forced to duo
I would prefer a druid over a shaman if cleric wasnt an option.

Danth nailed it with cleric. It's just conveniant to have your pet get fully healed instead of doing ghetto heals. Their buffs stack better with yours unlike shaman. Stun will save me way more than a couple heals will.

Druid is less conveniant but can still heal an int caster. DS is really nice to increase kill time. They get potg which is almost as good as aego. They can charm given the right zones which is huge. And they can port me when we pack it up for the night.

Shaman is basically just slowing for me which I mean .. I can do it myself. Malo is cool but charm is random so who cares.
They can give me 1 useful buff excluding sow because nothing worthwhile spawns outside and fos doesnt stack with magi or bedlam. Dot dps is typically not desired when mezzing is a concern. Sure you can TOT tap them but I can do that to literally any class who is willing to sit there afk.

Shaman isnt a bad duo duo but just know that they are providing very little benefit to you and probably dont deserve an equal roll of the loot.
Shit I wouldnt even offer the cleric a roll so hopefully he just needs xp

loramin
09-17-2019, 12:11 PM
You also clearly don’t know how to use the ToT trick with enchanter shaman. The duel and ToT on shamans mana (which is basically unlimited with torp/canni) keeps the enchanters mana almost full constantly. Yeah torp slows down dps, but it’s mana efficient and really only needs to be used during downtime as long as the mob is slowed. So if having CH is all you can use to “win” this argument, you have no mind for the dynamics of EQ

Can someone elaborate on this? I feel like we've got one guy saying "y'all aren't doing Shaman/Enchanter right", and a bunch of people saying "but Cleric/Enchanter rocks!" .. but no one's really talking about his point that ToT + Duel + Shaman = limitless mana for the Enchanter.

Is it that limitless mana isn't useful to Enchanters? They only need so much, and beyond that extra doesn't help? Or does it help, and it's just that stuns/CH helps more?

Twochain
09-17-2019, 12:12 PM
Yeah... Cleric>Shaman as a duo partner and I don't think it's that close. First of all, enchanters have the highest skill gap out of any class, possibly out of any mmorpg. (Bards too). So the effectiveness of the duo relies on how good the enchanter is first and foremost.

Second, at the absolute height of enchanter power, you're dropping 15k worth of gear on your pet, with the conflag dagger, tola robe, etc. Even if you're a best in slot enchanter, that pet will probably 3 shot you. Making clerics stun WAY more valuable than anything a shaman can do. A shaman can't even keep you healed through a pet break like that.

Third, if you're running out of mana... you're doing something wrong? I mean I guess if you're in an area with ZERO caster mobs you're going to be SoL.... but I never have mana issues. You don't even need to slow mobs if you have a pet that does 250dps. Just CH's. Saving your mana for pet breaks.

Crede
09-17-2019, 12:21 PM
Can someone elaborate on this? I feel like we've got one guy saying "y'all aren't doing Shaman/Enchanter right", and a bunch of people saying "but Cleric/Enchanter rocks!" .. but no one's really talking about his point that ToT + Duel + Shaman = limitless mana for the Enchanter.

Is it that limitless mana isn't useful to Enchanters? They only need so much, and beyond that extra doesn't help? Or does it help, and it's just that stuns/CH helps more?

You can easily ToT a cleric with c2. They’re still a better duo partner. Stun command, ch, and Aego are just too OP.

Most powerful duo - cleric/enchanter
fastest leveling duo - enc/druid or enc/necro

Keza
09-17-2019, 12:37 PM
If enchanters can solo anything why does it matter what the best duo is? Obviously ench/shaman can kill anything just as easily, if slightly slower. Most convenient would surely take prevalence then when all other classes are dead weight to God.

Ports/evac & Ensnare on everything + the charmed pet is super convenient, especially for bad enchanters. I suppose you could say rez is convenient too, but exclusively for bad enchanters.

enjchanter
09-17-2019, 12:58 PM
@loramin the problem with tot the shaman is that you can do that to any class who is just afk and it's just as helpful. The shaman part is a non-factor. Put bard with afk mana song and its arguably better

@ twochainz yeah most enchanters wont have mana issues unless they are soloing high level areas like SG or Emp chottal.

@Keza your first sentence nails it. Enchanters can solo anything with enough technique. Duoing is only worth it when you are being lazy / charitable / xp'ing maybe.

NextToTheGods
09-17-2019, 01:04 PM
As with most things, the most optimal duo composition depends on the circumstances. I'd say 1/10 situations I will pick shm over cleric or druid, having the shm tank makes pet breaks ofteen quite trivial (pom puppets is a good example, or when the enchanter has a rogue pet). 1/10 I'll take a druid over cleric or shm, having the increased dps and safety of two pets + snare is great (double wolf charm duo in kael is a good example). For more or less everything else I'll take a cleric.

Jibartik
09-17-2019, 01:10 PM
Wait so your strategy for shaman enchanter duo, is to have the shaman stand and eat all the damage instead of the charmed pet with 10k hp?

And healing the 2k HP player character with torp is more efficent than CHing the 10k hp pet?

And then how does this strategy make the pet not attack the enchanter when it breaks??

Danth
09-17-2019, 01:17 PM
I suppose you could say rez is convenient too, but exclusively for bad enchanters.

Only in the sense that most good enchanters already have a bunch of cleric friends lined up to rez them when needed (which--they should. That's smart). Don't try telling me good enchanters don't die a lot. Of course they do. If anything the best of them die more because they're the ones pushing the envelope. They're simply smart enough to account for it in advance. You're going to die sometimes solo'ing stuff like khelkor...RNG will bone anyone from time to time. The good ones know it and plan for it. I find most Enchanters also become experts at corpse recovery.

Which brings us to another reality: I've had *numerous* enchanter friends over the years who've received bans for boxing because the temptation to rez themselves was too great. Just say no, folks.

Danth

Demoraliser
09-17-2019, 01:25 PM
Let's all read this carefully... I guess my point was not clear.

1. Enchanter is best solo class - Fact
2. Cleric offers more appropriate utility than Shm when duoing with Enchanter - Fact
3. Cleric is just there to meditate, CH when needed, Root/Stun - Fact

The cleric and or shm shouldn't be running around acting like a crazy person no scope 360 #420blazeit yolo beast mode. They're just there to support the #1 Class. Which is why Cleric > Shm for #1 duo with Enchanter classic - velious.

ToT works on cleric just fine since they have the two mana regen buffs from Enchanter + they're meditating 90% of the time.

NextToTheGods
09-17-2019, 02:12 PM
Wait so your strategy for shaman enchanter duo, is to have the shaman stand and eat all the damage instead of the charmed pet with 10k hp?

And healing the 2k HP player character with torp is more efficent than CHing the 10k hp pet?

And then how does this strategy make the pet not attack the enchanter when it breaks??

If we take pom puppets as an example, hell yes I will take the shm tanking rather than the pet. On a pet break I’ll be summoned by the puppet if there’s no one else in melee range. Having the shm tank also allows the pet to be only doing dmg from the back meaning no ripostes and no summoning on a break, etc. The only situations where I’ll pick a shm over clr is when the shm is torpor tanking.

Not sure what you mean by the pet not attacking the enchanter when it breaks. Of course it will even when the shm is tanking, however the enc only needs to handle the pet on a break as opposed to pet + mob.

loramin
09-17-2019, 02:15 PM
Don't try telling me good players don't die a lot. Of course they do. If anything the best of them die more because they're the ones pushing the envelope.

I loved this, but really it doesn't just apply to Enchanters at all. The best players (IMHO) are the ones that try un-tested stuff ... and doing that (often) gets you killed :)

Sometimes a lot ...

a_gnome_collector
09-18-2019, 11:29 AM

Enchanters on every corner sellin evercrack (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVjeKltMVJs)

"Strongest" how? In pve? If by "strong" you mean charming a monster to kill two monsters or best case soloing drusella... thats not that impressive. And its not like this is done with fine grained controls. Often chanters are in a panic.

Also, not like chanter is bringing their power to a raid. They are glorified buff bots.

Torp shaman's solo cliff guardians and +4 dragons. I believe these creatures also summon. I would also argue that they are a bit stronger than the hardest mobs an ench can reliably solo (without panic). Also raid mobs can be torpored more reliably than an ench can find a pet in certain situations. On a raid chants are most likely not mezzing or CC'ing anyway.

Once torp lands, shammy is just chillin.

I thus conclude Sham > Ench :( :( :(

loramin
09-18-2019, 11:44 AM
1. Enchanter is best solo class - Fact
2. Cleric offers more appropriate utility than Shm when duoing with Enchanter - Fact
3. Cleric is just there to meditate, CH when needed, Root/Stun - Fact

I'm not trying to pick on Demoraliser at all, but rather on everyone who is dealing in absolutes here.

https://i.imgur.com/noasytO.png

This guy EverQuests:

As with most things, the most optimal duo composition depends on the circumstances. I'd say 1/10 situations I will pick shm over cleric or druid, having the shm tank makes pet breaks ofteen quite trivial (pom puppets is a good example, or when the enchanter has a rogue pet). 1/10 I'll take a druid over cleric or shm, having the increased dps and safety of two pets + snare is great (double wolf charm duo in kael is a good example). For more or less everything else I'll take a cleric.

Everyone saying "____ IS ALWAYS" ... you just want to win a forum argument. When it comes to stuff like "which is the strongest soloing class" or "who is the best duo partner" context matters.

You can still make absolutely true statements like "a cleric is usually the best duo partner", but please everyone stop saying "every", "always", and words like that, because they imply there's some grand universal truth about "the best". But when it comes to anything subjective in EverQuest, there is almost never just one answer that covers all circumstances.

Torp shaman's solo cliff guardians and +4 dragons.

Hey man, the top Shaman solo +6 Dragons :D

FungusTrooper
09-18-2019, 11:50 AM
Can enc + bard duo well at all? How would that work?

Jibartik
09-18-2019, 11:57 AM
If we take pom puppets as an example, hell yes I will take the shm tanking rather than the pet. On a pet break I’ll be summoned by the puppet if there’s no one else in melee range. Having the shm tank also allows the pet to be only doing dmg from the back meaning no ripostes and no summoning on a break, etc. The only situations where I’ll pick a shm over clr is when the shm is torpor tanking.

Not sure what you mean by the pet not attacking the enchanter when it breaks. Of course it will even when the shm is tanking, however the enc only needs to handle the pet on a break as opposed to pet + mob.

Fair enough! :o

Crede
09-18-2019, 12:01 PM
Can enc + bard duo well at all? How would that work?

It works fine. Bard basically just sits back and dots the mob. Can fear kite with ease too with OP bard snare and enc fear. It’s not the most powerful, but basically any class can duo well with an enc.

Bardp1999
09-18-2019, 12:10 PM
I've had NEC/ENC duos in HS that outperformed any possible CLR/ENC duo from the sheer DPS we were able to pump out and just merking pets as they got low. ENC/CLR is clearly the most powerful in non-dead zones and for killing special targets, in dead zones my friend the NEC might have something to say.

Add to this that all the best Kunark zones are Undead (Old Seb Crypt/Howling Stones/KC/CoM/LGuK) and you can make a compelling case for the necro

Benefits of neco with an enchanter
1) Additional Charm pet
2) Can heal the enchanter from break damage
3) Excellent Roots
4) Numb the Dead has no LoS requirement for some interesting pulls
5) Mana for daaaaays
6) Can rez
7) Can DA
8) Can FD
9) Can Mez

The only "broken" part about Enchanters is that their Charms are not limited to Humanoids only as they should be. It's ridiculous they can Charmw whatever TF they want

Crede
09-18-2019, 02:51 PM
the real answer is monk. Basically can kill anything that an enc can and safer. This was before triple attack. Now it’s just a joke and they’re way more fun to raid on.

enjchanter
09-18-2019, 03:12 PM
the real answer is monk. Basically can kill anything that an enc can and safer. This was before triple attack. Now it’s just a joke and they’re way more fun to raid on.

I dont find this true at all

Jibartik
09-18-2019, 03:42 PM
Everytime I see this thread title, I think of that red99 PVP video where that one guy says "I AM THE BEST ENCHANTER!"

I cant find it though :(

Sacer
09-18-2019, 04:51 PM
I would argue that 2 chanters is stronger than ench/nec duo. More risky of course since no ability to rez but having 2 pets and twice the CC capabilities makes your life much easier.

Bardp1999
09-18-2019, 04:53 PM
I would argue that 2 chanters is stronger than ench/nec duo. More risky of course since no ability to rez but having 2 pets and twice the CC capabilities makes your life much easier.

In an Undead zone having NEC/ENC is stronger than ENC/ENC 1000 out of 1000 times

Jibartik
09-18-2019, 04:56 PM
A level 60 enchanter, needs only 1 partner.

A personal assistant.

kjs86z
09-18-2019, 05:45 PM
"Strongest" how? In pve? If by "strong" you mean charming a monster to kill two monsters or best case soloing drusella... thats not that impressive. And its not like this is done with fine grained controls. Often chanters are in a panic.

Also, not like chanter is bringing their power to a raid. They are glorified buff bots.

Torp shaman's solo cliff guardians and +4 dragons. I believe these creatures also summon. I would also argue that they are a bit stronger than the hardest mobs an ench can reliably solo (without panic). Also raid mobs can be torpored more reliably than an ench can find a pet in certain situations. On a raid chants are most likely not mezzing or CC'ing anyway.

Once torp lands, shammy is just chillin.

I thus conclude Sham > Ench :( :( :(

Ahem. I beg your pardon...but you're wrong about enchanters being nothing but buff bots. Additionally, I'd argue everything you said about enchanters being in "panic" is rather bullshit. If you get the named mob dead...who cares if it was hectic?

Enchanters can solo cliff golems. There may be a select few mobs that a torp shaman can do reliably and an enchanter cannot, but then there is the rest of the world for the enc to access freely.

If you competed for the big raid targets you'd have acknowledged the following:

- AoE Tash bombs on ToV boss + multiple guard engages to set up slowers. Its a thankless, kamikaze META out there in nToV.

- Tash + chanter slow before the shaman can land theirs can save lots of cleric mana. Obviously important on bosses, but also consider when killing trash / flurries while racing (leapfrogging) for FTEs.

- Goaltending / raid-saving mem blurs (mostly in ToV, but applicable elsewhere too in worst case scenarios).

- Charm pet dps (all of Fear, Kael, Dain....and sometimes ToV hatchlings for the bold / brave / stupid)

- Trading the important classes your raid clickies (mallets, root nets, etc) when they run out of charges.

- /ooc commentary (I prefer nostalgic / iconic song lyrics) while medding because you have nothing in your buff bot queue.

...did I just get trolled into posting this? Nothing against my shaman broskis, but this dude and his shitty post needed a refute.

enjchanter
09-18-2019, 06:07 PM
A level 60 enchanter, needs only 1 partner.

A personal assistant.

Druid is preferred for quick mobilization and ez xfers to ec

Lojik
09-18-2019, 06:17 PM
With the current state on blue I think theres no doubt enchanters are the top overall soloers, but these things don't exist in a vacuum. It's going to be interesting to see how things go on green...are people going to be able to accumulate as much plat, as many clickies, etc. to go adventuring. Right now blue is clickyquest as crap, green won't be at least to start out with. Green won't have 1) timeline issues 2) accounts for sale 3) early exploitable bugs in server history (hopefully) 4) seafuries for easy pp 5)chardok for easy xp. If theres a huge population that sticks around for a while, maybe it can prevent people from racing out to huge level/equipment leads, and it could change the dynamic of how the game is played. Right now most of the guides on the wiki are geared toward playing on blue, but green could turn out to be much different.

Sonark
09-18-2019, 06:18 PM
Question
Are enchanters the best and most exp efficient soloers, considering they seem to die a lot?

Or does that statement of them being the best have more to do with what and where they can solo.

Lojik
09-18-2019, 06:29 PM
Question
Are enchanters the best and most exp efficient soloers, considering they seem to die a lot?

Or does that statement of them being the best have more to do with what and where they can solo.

Again none of this exists in a vacuum, it depends on the state of the server. Bard is unquestionably the king of exping 1-60 on blue. Enchanters can solo xp very fast from 51-60 which is probably at least 50% of the xp grind for most characters, so they're in a solid 2nd place I'd wager. On green if theres tons of people, bard might not level so fast and if dungeons are crowded enchanters might not be the fastest either.

enjchanter
09-18-2019, 06:31 PM
The most efficient soloers for xp are bards and it's not even close. Good enchanters can level very fast soloing esp during their 50's but bards will be gaining entire levels in one pull at low levels and up to 20% of a level closer to 50 per pull.
A bard can dedicate 1 day in DN to getting 59.00 to 60.00 and itll happen

Enchanters are the best solo'ers in alot of situations because they are simply capable of soloing most mobs in the game. A bard may hit 60 first but even at 55 the enchanter is killing names in howling stones and soloing NG for gems
Shamans dont unlock this power until they get Torpor and even then we are not talking about the same magnitude of soloing.

An enchanter will out do a shaman in alot of situations because of how powerful charm is.

Sonark
09-18-2019, 06:40 PM
Again none of this exists in a vacuum, it depends on the state of the server. Bard is unquestionably the king of exping 1-60 on blue. Enchanters can solo xp very fast from 51-60 which is probably at least 50% of the xp grind for most characters, so they're in a solid 2nd place I'd wager. On green if theres tons of people, bard might not level so fast and if dungeons are crowded enchanters might not be the fastest either.Ah, so we just need more of thisYou can still make absolutely true statements like "a cleric is usually the best duo partner", but please everyone stop saying "every", "always", and words like that, because they imply there's some grand universal truth about "the best". But when it comes to anything subjective in EverQuest, there is almost never just one answer that covers all circumstances.

Tecmos Deception
09-18-2019, 08:04 PM

No shit.

Enchanter also gets enchant metal bar spells for that easy platinum on green jewellery crafting trade skill.
These will be in high deman classic-kunaruk https://wiki.project1999.com/Platinum_Fire_Wedding_Ring

https://i.imgur.com/vTD0bf5.gif

Actually you're wrong accept it. Complete heal turns any charmed pet (and enchanter) into a literal god. shhman are dead weight for any good enchanter, whom can slow. torp slows atk speed making pet less of a murder machine. FoS doesn't stack with shield of magi. The clear winner is Enchanter + cleric.

Yeah. This.

Malo on a pet, a slighty-better slow from a more tanky character, and more contribution to damage from the shaman? And I guess a gimicky ToT trick after Kunark launches? Those are significant. But not as significant as doubling a chanter's HP buffer, having fast-casting heals before the sham does, CH, rez (I mean, at least 1/2 of chanter deaths are because of the pull failing, at which point a cleric partner is a gods-send but a shaman partner is generally good for nothing), double invis trick, etc.

Ench+sham is awesome. Ench+cleric is better.

Question

There's some learning curve to chanter solo (or duo) without dying an inordinate amount. But it's not really a steeper curve than learning to play a bard without dying.

Yeah, yeah, a bard is great XP. I was the 3rd epic bard on blue, was swarm kiting (thanks Kelendil) before 99% of people even knew it was possible, played two more bards AFTER that one. But classic? Kunark when more than a dozen people know bards can AoE (or swarm) kite? It's not gonna be an XP garden of eden like it was 4 years ago.

Lol. What kind of shit enchanter needs a partner at 51+ in order to kill 5 mobs at a time?

virulentthemonstaire
09-18-2019, 09:10 PM
i agree with "therealmd" and disagree with "demoraliser".

chanter/sham duo is way stronger than chanter/cleric duo. (assuming the people playing these classes are highly skilled)

chanter/sham is higher risk higher reward. sure, if u have a shitty chanter then chanter/cleric is better. (most chanters are shitty which is why most ppl believe chanter/cleric is superior which is not the case).

for example, chanter/sham can duo the rats in DN and chanter can charm a rogue rat pet to backstab while the shaman facetanks etc. shaman has way more utility than cleric.

again, like i said before, chanter/sham is higher risk / higher reward which is why most ppl don't do it cus u guys are shitlords.

Lunatick Asylum <Rampage> 60th Dark Elf Enchanter *Slayer of PoM trashcans*

Jibartik
09-18-2019, 09:19 PM
I feel like someone just called the the reigning champ shitty.

How do we settle this?

Troxx
09-18-2019, 10:19 PM
Which is better, pie or cake?

Answer: they’re both delicious.

Jibartik
09-18-2019, 10:32 PM
The shaman is pie tho

Lojik
09-18-2019, 11:03 PM
So you can put candles on an Enchanter for birthdays?

enjchanter
09-18-2019, 11:12 PM

chanter/sham duo is way stronger than chanter/cleric duo. (assuming the people playing these classes are highly skilled)

chanter/sham is higher risk higher reward. sure, if u have a shitty chanter then chanter/cleric is better. (most chanters are shitty which is why most ppl believe chanter/cleric is superior which is not the case).

for example, chanter/sham can duo the rats in DN and chanter can charm a rogue rat pet to backstab while the shaman facetanks etc. shaman has way more utility than cleric.

again, like i said before, chanter/sham is higher risk / higher reward which is why most ppl don't do it cus u guys are shitlords.

just let the cleric tank then

Wonkie
09-18-2019, 11:33 PM
hey don't get in arguments with that guy

the pig likes it

virulentthemonstaire
09-18-2019, 11:36 PM
just let the cleric tank then

right, so the cleric can run out of mana by healing himself and getting rupted when trying to CH himself. also, a shaman can stack dots on the mob and actually do dps while also healing himself and/or ench pet. not to mention, malo for charm pet. sham has unlimited mana pool, etc. i mean i can go on and on...

the point is, if u like the game to hold ur hand cus ur a shitlord in a 20 year old game...then go ench/cleric. if u have some ounce of skill, then ench/sham is superior hands down.

enjchanter
09-19-2019, 12:22 AM
why do you need a shaman to babysit you
enchanters are the best soloers didnt you hear

impact
09-19-2019, 12:23 AM

Not sure what the point of the thread is beyond pointing out obvious ofn and linking to a great example of a complete garbage rapper. But uhhh, thanks I guess

virulentthemonstaire
09-19-2019, 12:54 AM
why do you need a shaman to babysit you
enchanters are the best soloers didnt you hear

yes, i already know enchanters can solo. however, the argument is about who is the best duo. chanters can't solo PoM puppets, fungi king, and DN rats, etc. don't be an idiot.

GnomeCaptain
09-19-2019, 02:57 AM
Solid troll thread.

Ostepop
09-19-2019, 04:12 AM
Druid is preferred for quick mobilization and ez xfers to ec

Wizards are superior due to nro port being closer to tunnel.

Tecmos Deception
09-19-2019, 09:43 AM

chanter/sham duo is way stronger than chanter/cleric duo. (assuming the people playing these classes are highly skilled and it's at 60 with torpor and gear for a few select camps

Fixed.

You're not even really disagreeing with me. I never said that in some very limited situations (i.e. 60, geared, torpor, both very good players, for a few specific camps, when you're ok with higher risk) a shaman isn't a "stronger" partner for an enchanter. I just said that the enchanter+cleric duo is overall (i.e. considering 1-60, naked through geared, all variety of camps across the expansions) a better duo.

I feel like someone just called the the reigning champ shitty.

How do we settle this?

Lol. Well, to be fair, I probably have 500x (literally) as much time soloing as I do duoing. And my shaman duo experience was mostly at king back in mid-Kunark. But yeah, he's just trolling or being asinine to act like you need to be a shitty enchanter in order to get killed by your pet or on a pull and that therefore good enchanters don't need cleric hp+ac buffs, superior heals, stuns, and rez even more than they need malo and more dps from the shaman.

enjchanter
09-19-2019, 12:14 PM
Shaman dps very important for quadding hasted pet

virulentthemonstaire
09-19-2019, 04:41 PM
Fixed.

You're not even really disagreeing with me. I never said that in some very limited situations (i.e. 60, geared, torpor, both very good players, for a few specific camps, when you're ok with higher risk) a shaman isn't a "stronger" partner for an enchanter. I just said that the enchanter+cleric duo is overall (i.e. considering 1-60, naked through geared, all variety of camps across the expansions) a better duo.

I was never responding to you nor acknowledging your post. Get off your high horse, fgt. I was responding to therealmd and demoraliser's initial posts/argument in the first 1 or 2 pages of this thread.

kotton05
09-19-2019, 04:52 PM
Chanter / cleric is the best combo anyone else who thinks otherwise might be on the spectrum

salimoneus
09-19-2019, 05:06 PM
These debates are largely stupid. Play what you enjoy playing, and if you're lucky enough to have in-game friends that know their sh1t and can actually tolerate your miserable arse for hours on end, who really cares if it's not the optimal combination. You might actually have to think outside the box a little and be creative, and it may even be more of a challenge. Oh the horror...

mefdinkins
09-19-2019, 05:07 PM
Eberron I got a 53 enchanter and I'm lazy. If I spend more money on my monk maybe I can solo okay and I can /fd to do whatever I want to do with my life.

If I have FT3 + ZHeart, can my ench be a beast!?!? Will I have to tryhard every kill? What can I do with my life bigdadyd Eb what can I do!?

Also most enchanters do not have FT8 and most do not have Ring 10.

virulentthemonstaire
09-19-2019, 05:17 PM
Eberron I got a 53 enchanter and I'm lazy. If I spend more money on my monk maybe I can solo okay and I can /fd to do whatever I want to do with my life.

If I have FT3 + ZHeart, can my ench be a beast!?!? Will I have to tryhard every kill? What can I do with my life bigdadyd Eb what can I do!?

u don't need amazing gear to do amazing things as a chanter. i don't have any FT items nor do i have zheart nor do i even have the epic, and i've accomplished more things as a solo/duo chanter than most if not all chanters that i've seen in this server.

Teppler
09-19-2019, 05:24 PM

Here's a tip if you're wealthy enough to get that other stuff. Root nets. Lots of them.

Jibartik
09-19-2019, 05:27 PM
8 bags 10 root nets each :cool:

enjchanter
09-19-2019, 05:43 PM
I feel like I'm being called bad because my enchanter has good gear

Jibartik
09-19-2019, 05:44 PM

Holy smokes, is your enchanter invincible?

enjchanter
09-19-2019, 05:54 PM
Far from it

Jibartik
09-19-2019, 06:50 PM
Well you would be if you farmed the stuff I like to farm lol

Raev
09-19-2019, 08:21 PM
Unsurprisingly I'm with Tecmos and Eberron: Cleric is clearly the superior partner. It's not hard to understand why: Aegolism is +1100 HP while sta/focus is only +250, and stun on charm break is far more useful than Chloroblast which will barely cover a second or two of damage if the RNG is gracing you with loads of bashes and interrupts. Let's not forget the Sky neck bailing you out with instant CH on occasion. People underestimate clerics because the class is a magnet for bad players, but it's actually tremendous when played more actively e.g. Liia, Getsome, Motec and so on.

The only way the Shaman can begin to compensate is by tanking the NPC in question with torpor which makes charm breaks a bit less painful. But guess what: if the NPC can be torpor tanked with a shaman, it isn't doing very much damage on a charm break anyway! The Puppet camp is the one exception to this since a summon will take you into range of other puppets. And even there the Cleric can always use flash of light to build up hate and eat the summon anyway.

For leveling, I'd actually agree with Not Wu Tang and say Enchanter/Necromancer in an undead zone, but only if both players are pretty good. Cleric/Enchanter is easier.

Zemus
09-19-2019, 08:38 PM

Meh, no vulak robe.

enjchanter
09-19-2019, 08:56 PM
Meh, no vulak robe.

hurts alittle more everytime

mefdinkins
09-19-2019, 11:08 PM
Far from it

hahaha no, I mean I'm asking what I could do with that if I should funnel money into ench. It's always kind of sad b/c I funnel money into one char just to be able to farm to funnel money to the next char so it's a circle with no end.

For me, I earned a lot of plat on my druid but I am so used to that charm style. Taking hits doesn't matter, snare, means you can always back away quickly, and being able to heal/regen makes HP loss pretty manageable.

I noticed that I take a lot of damage on my ench and it's brutal. Sometimes I get knocked down to 25% 40% health and just Hammer and sell and go AFK b/c it takes so long to regen health. I also really prefer outdoor zones where I can run wild and am very risk averse (hate dying).

wondering if Zheart is good enough or I'm just tanking too much b/c I am used to that on my druid or if it's a complete game changer having ZHeart+Ring10.

I know you always did dope shit and always pushed boundaries for your char+gearsetup regardless of what you had equipped - so no shot at you bro!

Zuranthium
09-20-2019, 02:16 AM
Enchanter is always amazing, but it wasn't the absolute strongest in early-EQ.

Necromancer was the strongest, as their pet was super overpowered (and no risk of charm break - which happens more frequently and is more problematic in the early era, when you don't have max Charisma or as much mana), and they had Feign Death on top of it. Necromancers leveling as they slept, by going FD at an exp spot and their pet tearing through the NPC's on its own, was something that eventually happened. Using FD to avoid or create trains (also Fear), is another part of what made the Necro skillset so powerful.

wagorf
09-20-2019, 04:55 AM
As a lvl 60 chanter, I prefer cleric duo over shm, because if shit goes down cleric can camp while I keep mobs mezzed, and then die after clr is safe.

With shm, I can be in lazy mode and not slow or have blanket memmed.

But I do find clr duo to be a bit more mana efficient. With shm sometimes they need a med break, maybe they spent too much mana dotting? I guess this could vary with diff shm players.

NextToTheGods
09-20-2019, 05:10 AM
People underestimate clerics because the class is a magnet for bad players, but it's actually tremendous when played more actively e.g. Liia, Getsome, Motec and so on.

Good point about clerics.
Lots of posts in this thread describing them as CH bots that can occasionally help out with a stun on pet breaks, which is true 99% of the time but a cleric in enc duo can be so much more. Make a charisma build on the cleric, make sure that you hit 255 CHA with OS and have the cleric do all the calms, if you get a crit resist just DA and let the enc cc. Just to name one aspect.

virulentthemonstaire
09-21-2019, 04:52 AM
As a lvl 60 chanter, I prefer cleric duo over shm, because if shit goes down cleric can camp while I keep mobs mezzed, and then die after clr is safe.

With shm, I can be in lazy mode and not slow or have blanket memmed.

But I do find clr duo to be a bit more mana efficient. With shm sometimes they need a med break, maybe they spent too much mana dotting? I guess this could vary with diff shm players.

med break? shamans don't run out of mana...hello, canni? GCD canni? GCD canni? hello? GCD canni? GCD torpor self, GCD canni? GCD canni? ur dumb.

Bluedarksun
11-22-2019, 01:10 AM
Every time I see a multiple page thread I tell myself that I’m not going to read all those pages and yet here we are. I agree with the play what you enjoy and there’s nothing wrong with thinking outside the box. I was always told that Bards had to swarm to be good but that turned out to be so wrong.

supermonk
11-22-2019, 05:49 AM
if we're talking about farming plat, then monk/sham is the best duo.

kjs86z
11-22-2019, 11:14 AM
if we're talking about farming plat, then monk/sham is the best duo.

duo king for fungi tunics?

sure, prob right

Best XP duo: enc + necro in HS (this duo, in this zone, when played at/near optimal efficiency....is literal insanity...probably the fastest 52-60 in the game)

Best all around duo: enc + cleric and it isn't even close

Synthlol
11-22-2019, 12:52 PM
I’m just here to laugh at the guy who thinks shaman are a better duo with enchanters than clerics are.

branamil
11-22-2019, 01:45 PM
d
Best XP duo: enc + necro in HS (this duo, in this zone, when played at/near optimal efficiency....is literal insanity...probably the fastest 52-60 in the game)

Wrong.. Bard+Wiz is the fastest duo

Xer0
11-22-2019, 06:30 PM

root rotting is boring and takes forever

silo32
11-24-2019, 01:12 PM
Pretty much yeah

/thread