PDA

View Full Version : NAACP

Macken
04-16-2011, 12:57 PM
The National Association for the Advancement of Caster People feels the need to start a defense against the incessant idiot wehrmacht.

Most Everyone knows that Wehrmacht is one of the worst players to ever play EQ, but with the new server rumored to be in design, we must not allow any bias against casters go unanswered.

Wehrmacht has been known to go to great lengths to sabotage classes he cannot win against. We cannot allow his failures and weakness to affect us all at Red99 to the detriment of the server and everyone's fun.

This thread may be used as a clearing house to refute all the idiotic manipulations that Wehrmacht has or will try to put forth. Please feel free to flame wehrmacht at every opportunity, and there are and will be many.

As an example, I will start, using my favorite one from Bombfist.

http://www.vexthal.com/wehrmachtlol.gif

Macken
04-16-2011, 01:27 PM
There is no LoS check for end of cast.

Macken
04-16-2011, 01:29 PM
Magic CC spells like root, stun, mezz, snare etc... will always have a chance to land even with 550 mr.

There is no such thing as 100% resistance to any spell type.

Macken
04-16-2011, 03:23 PM
Wizards use other spells besides lure. Especially since there is no such thing as lures before Kunark.

Macken
04-16-2011, 03:25 PM
Int casters were allowed to compete in dungeons too.

wehrmacht
04-16-2011, 03:52 PM
Most Everyone knows that Wehrmacht is one of the worst players to ever play EQ

lol, so Heresy sends one of their best players to fight in the ranger best of the best and he loses to me. Awesome. That must mean Heresy players are EXTREMELY bad

http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/5521/rexx.jpg

There is no LoS check for end of cast.

As posted in another thread, if this bogus claim of yours was true, nobody would have been able to duck behind walls to avoid spells landing on them on SZ but they did it all day long.

Magic CC spells like root, stun, mezz, snare etc... will always have a chance to land even with 550 mr.

This is another good one. Since this little child Macken is too young to have played on Sullon Zek pre-Planes of Power, he has no idea how resists worked at all.

In this screenshot, you have crazycloud (one of the best players on SZ), plus Vernal (original FoH member), plus a 1999 RZ player and a TZ player, and me (the person that rapes any Heresy 1vs1), all saying the exact opposite of you:

http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/9489/unled2sx.jpg

Macken
04-16-2011, 05:46 PM
As posted in another thread, if this bogus claim of yours was true, nobody would have been able to duck behind walls to avoid spells landing on them on SZ but they did it all day long.

This is another good one. Since this little child Macken is too young to have played on Sullon Zek pre-Planes of Power, he has no idea how resists worked at all.

In this screenshot, you have crazycloud (one of the best players on SZ), plus Vernal (original FoH member), plus a 1999 RZ player and a TZ player, and me (the person that rapes any Heresy 1vs1), all saying the exact opposite of you:

You really need to go back and re-read what it was like to play on SZ. For those of us who did play there remember what is was like. You seem to be making the mistake that you think we weren't there, so you try to say whatever you want thinking we don't know better. Mage bolts have LoS. I thought anyone who would try to participate in this discussion would at least know that. My bad. I should have known if it was possible to get confused that wehrmacht would.

I played the exact same time you did, but unlike you I didn't get griefed off server and instead I won the server.

It doesn't matter how confused you get while reading other people's posts thinking they are saying something they aren't, nothing is going to change. You will still get beat by root. You will still not be able to hit anyone running away. No one ever resisted spells 100% of the time, never. ever. at. all. LoS check at end of cast is a lie. Wizards have other spells than lures and SZ was not in existence during Kunark. It doesn't matter how many times you repeat the lie, this isn't WWII germany and your last name isn't Goebbles.

mimixownzall
04-16-2011, 05:53 PM
I never had root/snare land on me when i had 100+ mr (from a PC).

Only time root would land is when wizards would use strong root or whatever the AA root spell was.

Root/Snare landing in pvp would be stupid. Especially with snares that last what... 7 minutes or something retarded? Hell, I played a mage/wizard on sullon zek and agree that root/snare landing would be dumb.

Macken
04-16-2011, 06:21 PM
I never had root/snare land on me when i had 100+ mr (from a PC).

Only time root would land is when wizards would use strong root or whatever the AA root spell was.

Root/Snare landing in pvp would be stupid. Especially with snares that last what... 7 minutes or something retarded? Hell, I played a mage/wizard on sullon zek and agree that root/snare landing would be dumb.

Well add mimi to the idiot side. By the time strong root came out it was like PoP by then. On SZ you needed 300mr+ to have a chance to resist root reliably during that period at level 65. 100mr is 100% resisting? especially during strong root era? Im not sure even wehrmacht has made that ridiculous claim.

I don't undestand what is your guy's major malfunction. Do you really believe that crap? Do you really think no one else remembers what it was like during all these different expansions? Do you think no one else remembers what basic principles followed eq from classic until now? Such as more mr needed each expansion to continue to resist like you did the expansion before? 100 mr being about 85% to 90% reliable to resist root in Classic does not = reliability in PoP, just a freebie fyi to ya there bros.

Snare and root in pvp would be dumb? I think you just answered my question as to why I've never heard either one of your names until after SZ was gone. It's because both of you were inconsequential, with no credibility during that time.

Macken
04-16-2011, 07:04 PM

You don't realize that this paragraph tells off on you do you? You don't realize that this paragraph puts you squarely in noobie land in everyone's mind do you?

let me guess, next you are gonna say that levitate is OP in pvp and should be removed along with root/snare?

amirite?

wehrmacht
04-16-2011, 07:46 PM
LOL confirmed by Null himself, there was a 2nd line of sight check until 1 month before Planes of Power opened. Of course Macken didn't play till Planes of Power so he had no idea how Kunark and Velious worked. Once again, Macken caught looking like an idiot:

http://img849.imageshack.us/img849/1710/unled11i.jpg

Hoggen
04-16-2011, 07:54 PM
When LOY was launched, I played on SZ a bit as a druid. A bard was in Misty and some 20 to 30 neutrals were attacking him. I can't recall what level I was, but I was under 24 for sure, and snare landed more than once on him. He was still pretty much invincible and snare didn't last longer than a minute or two, but it landed. No clue what it was like in classic.

Terpuntine
04-16-2011, 09:11 PM
I heard a rumor that Pumice > Snare and Root...

Macken
04-16-2011, 09:42 PM
LOL confirmed by Null himself, there was a 2nd line of sight check until 1 month before Planes of Power opened. Of course Macken didn't play till Planes of Power so he had no idea how Kunark and Velious worked. Once again, Macken caught looking like an idiot:

Sorry bro already been confirmed by Macken himself.

It's hard to really understand what Null means.

If He is saying that a begin of cast los was added sept 2002, I would say that sounds about correct.

If he is saying that end of cast los was added sept 2002, then he is dead wrong.

About velious time on SZ, they experimented with end los for about 2 weeks or so and then canned it. Why? i don't know. I always assumed it was because they realized it was ridiculous. If you had spent any time playing an int caster, you would realize this already and know your memory is confused based just on the fact alone that it is crazy unbalancing.

But what i do know and remember well is casting through walls during the early days. I would sit in the goblin basement in HHK and type /pet target name. My animation would grab anyones target in the zone no matter how far. (worked in all zones) I acquired target and nuked once. Xebekn the necro would then cast one dot, wouldnt even use pet. Poor neuts didn't even know where it was coming from. People would cry out Xebekn! where are you? But couldn't come through kos mobs to find him. Couldn't find him upstairs. We did it all the time for months on end. (probably why they added begin cast los lol) Xebekn wracked up coins. You think im going to forget that?

When someone would find us, I would run up two flights and into a room. And nuke through the wall whoever i had on target last if they followed.
In Crystal caverns down in the city, thats how you fought. Get a target, go in a room and hope they stay in range.

The list goes on and on.

When did they add begin cast los? sept 2002 close to luclin/PoP sounds good to me. When did they add end of cast los permanantly? NEVER bro NEVER.
Even though i havn't played live in years, as far as i know, its still like that today. And until someone like Sniperfire who would know comes on and tells me different. Thats the way it is even right now bro.

The point is wehrmacht, as usual you are wrong AGAIN.

If it would make you feel better I would admit it doesn't even matter that you are wrong AGAIN. It doesn't matter that it was always like that on live (no end of cast los). All that matters is that it would be stupid to have end of cast los period. Whos gonna port you bro? We can't all be melee. Why must you insist on engineering us all that way?

Macken
04-16-2011, 09:43 PM
I heard a rumor that Pumice > Snare and Root...

You could have sold that info to wehrmacht for 1000pp

mitic
04-16-2011, 10:19 PM
wehrmacht has it rite on this one

Macken
04-16-2011, 10:22 PM
Yes I know, all that stuff that i said happened, I dreamed it.

wehrmacht
04-16-2011, 11:08 PM
In Crystal caverns down in the city, thats how you fought. Get a target, go in a room and hope they stay in range.

This is so stupid it hurts to even talk to him. What he's describing is zero line of sight check. Not 1, not 2, but ZERO. You're not supposed to be able to nuke people through walls without seeing them. Maybe your macroquest compile was going haywire or you played a gnome and they were bugged and could see through the floor or something. You're not describing anything that's actually supposed to happen if the LOS check was 1 or 2.

Macken
04-17-2011, 01:29 AM
What he's describing is zero line of sight check. Not 1, not 2, but ZERO. .

Goblin basement in HHK needed no los. Neither did the upstairs. Neither did places like Crystal Caverns city, areas in cities, through houses, through hills, especially near zonelines etc... sometimes it was hard to find your coin. I guess that's why some cry hacks. I'm sorry you weren't aware.

/pet target name or /pet attack name and it would target name ZONE WIDE.
If you were in South Karana at Spiroc City kneeling before one of Emperor Knuckle's thrones and i zoned in from NK at bridge and i pet /targeted you, I would then know if you were a hatchling, lightbringer or chick or maybe a lost lioness.

I don't know if it's still like this on live or not, but you used to could catch up to people and hit them with your weapon.

wehrmacht
04-17-2011, 02:12 AM
So you're advocating not 2 line of sight checks, not 1 line of sight checks, but ZERO line of sight checks. That sure sounds balanced. I'll go stand at the lamentation camp in sebillis and bolt people in the crypt with a mage or something, that will be some mad skills pvp.

Macken
04-17-2011, 02:16 AM
http://www.vexthal.com/wat321.gif

Heywood
04-17-2011, 10:56 AM
Sorry bro already been confirmed by Macken himself.

It's hard to really understand what Null means.

If He is saying that a begin of cast los was added sept 2002, I would say that sounds about correct.

If he is saying that end of cast los was added sept 2002, then he is dead wrong.

About velious time on SZ, they experimented with end los for about 2 weeks or so and then canned it. Why? i don't know. I always assumed it was because they realized it was ridiculous. If you had spent any time playing an int caster, you would realize this already and know your memory is confused based just on the fact alone that it is crazy unbalancing.

But what i do know and remember well is casting through walls during the early days. I would sit in the goblin basement in HHK and type /pet target name. My animation would grab anyones target in the zone no matter how far. (worked in all zones) I acquired target and nuked once. Xebekn the necro would then cast one dot, wouldnt even use pet. Poor neuts didn't even know where it was coming from. People would cry out Xebekn! where are you? But couldn't come through kos mobs to find him. Couldn't find him upstairs. We did it all the time for months on end. (probably why they added begin cast los lol) Xebekn wracked up coins. You think im going to forget that?

When someone would find us, I would run up two flights and into a room. And nuke through the wall whoever i had on target last if they followed.

The list goes on and on.

When did they add begin cast los? sept 2002 close to luclin/PoP sounds good to me. When did they add end of cast los permanantly? NEVER bro NEVER.
Even though i havn't played live in years, as far as i know, its still like that today. And until someone like Sniperfire who would know comes on and tells me different. Thats the way it is even right now bro.

The point is wehrmacht, as usual you are wrong AGAIN.

If it would make you feel better I would admit it doesn't even matter that you are wrong AGAIN. It doesn't matter that it was always like that on live (no end of cast los). All that matters is that it would be stupid to have end of cast los period. Whos gonna port you bro? We can't all be melee. Why must you insist on engineering us all that way?

Yes, I specifically remember this in Rallos Zek. We would be grouped in the HHK killing goblins and every now and then a PKer would come and do this. I still remember us in the group wondering where the PKer was at haha. good times.

I played just after EQ started (just before the patch where you couldnt fear/charm PCs anymore?) up until PoP on Rallos Zek.

Jigga
04-17-2011, 06:50 PM
HK was a zone i exped and pvped in and i do recall being hit by spells through walls

Ruinous
04-18-2011, 04:06 PM
Wasn't Macken that tool of a ranger on Rallos Zek? Lol if so.

Chanur
04-18-2011, 04:20 PM
Werhmacht nailing Macken like a slut on prom night.

Macken
04-18-2011, 10:51 PM
Wasn't Macken that tool of a ranger on Rallos Zek? Lol if so.

Wehrmacht is the ranger but his range is short as you can see above.

Prince
04-18-2011, 11:32 PM
thread so bad

Ruinous
04-18-2011, 11:56 PM
Wehrmacht is the ranger but his range is short as you can see above.

So you're saying Wehrmacht played the ranger named Macken on RZ?

wehrmacht
04-19-2011, 07:00 AM
So you're saying Wehrmacht played the ranger named Macken on RZ?

WOrst thread ever

Pokeman
04-19-2011, 04:53 PM
lol macken is boom

Macken
04-30-2011, 05:13 PM
All I know is that when Velious was the latest expansion, if you ran behind a wall before a caster finished a spell, it wouldn't go off. Anyone claiming otherwise is just a plain idiot or a liar.

It's pretty easy to remember if you could run behind a wall to avoid spells or not seeing as how I did it probably 1000 times. Eventually a non-Heresy moron will post in the thread and confirm running behind walls to break line of sight stopped spells.

HAHAHAHA SO SORRY. Looks like Macken is wrong once again. Yes, the second line of sight check was eventually removed on EQ live but it wasn't until later expansions. Day 1 of Sullon Zek, Line of sight worked exactly as mentioned below:

Sorry to break up you guy's festival of idiots concerning Line of Sigh Checks, but once again Wehrmacht is right and Macken is wrong. Confirmed by Null himself, as well as about 10 other people. Unless the server is supposed to emulate Everquest 1 month before Planes of Power release, then it should have 2 LoS checks:

It wasn't a question of balance. He was stating that during this time period, there was only 1 LoS check. He was obviously wrong as usual. I pulled up that null post and made him look retarded, hence why he briefly stopped spamming the forum with jibberish.

It's actually very easy to understand what he means. He said it pretty clearly, that during classic, two LOS checks existed which is why it's like that and it wasn't changed till PoP. I used walls to avoid LOS check on spells the entire time from level 1-60 on SZ so it matches exactly what I experienced.

Must drive this into the ground so wormoct will never be allowed to deny or ever live down.

wehrmacht
05-01-2011, 06:14 AM
Here ya go moron. Lemme repost all of the people saying walls and water blocked spells

http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/8040/asdfif.jpg

mimixownzall
05-01-2011, 06:43 AM
I remember early in SZ there was no LoS check at all PVP (my example being the wizard who would rape people at neriak bank). I know for sure it was like this up to SoL.

I do know that water was always a stopper. Running like a bitch away from high levels in Oasis using the water to stop their nukes; that was so exciting.

Macken
05-01-2011, 05:50 PM
Here ya go moron. Lemme repost all of the people saying walls and water blocked spells

I know and respect most of those people in your quotes. But that doesn't mean their opinions on wether or not los is a good idea has any weight. Nor does it mean that there was los on SZ at the beginning.

SZ from the very beginning until about 16 months in was a non-los server. None, zilch, not 1, not 2, but no los check at all. Doesn't matter what anyone says. Doesn't matter if you get Braid McQuaid or John Smedley to come to my house and try to convince me, I'll root them out the door. You can't tell me because i was there bro. I know bro because i was in the middle of my SZ Sensei training, while you got griefed off to play Civilization 2 with other like minded guys.

Phase hopping was nerfed sometime between PoP and OoW

wehrmacht
05-02-2011, 12:39 AM
SZ from the very beginning until about 16 months in was a non-los server.

Lol yea right, I quit after like a year and there was 2 los checks then when I quit. 16 months my ass. More like 16 days.

Macken
05-02-2011, 01:29 AM
/snicker

mimixownzall
05-02-2011, 01:59 AM
Lol yea right, I quit after like a year and there was 2 los checks then when I quit. 16 months my ass. More like 16 days.

Macken is a douche, but you're wrong here.

There were ZERO LOS checks on SZ up to a month before PoP. Then it became a check at casting only.

Terpuntine
05-02-2011, 02:09 AM
Does it even matter? Null is creating the server and im sure if he wanted advice from the peanut gallery he would ask. The box will be whatever he decides and you will all play regardless.

mimixownzall
05-02-2011, 02:46 AM
Does it even matter? Null is creating the server and im sure if he wanted advice from the peanut gallery he would ask. The box will be whatever he decides and you will all play regardless.

Go sit over there, kid ----->

wehrmacht
05-02-2011, 03:43 AM
Macken is a douche, but you're wrong here.

Macken's friend Xebekn that he always grouped with even said there was a double LOS check, the only thing in argument is how long there was 0 LOS and how long there was 2 LOS.

Macken
05-02-2011, 10:21 AM
lulz