PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone given the thought.

notahipster
04-17-2011, 08:26 PM
I for one would love a pvp server, but given it alot of thought wouldn't it then lower the population of our current PVE server?

I dont know all the technicalities of running ia server im just a player.

But wouldent it work better as test server first?

See how it pans out? Like with Kunark.

Just a thought. (:

PS.
or perhaps maybe a way u can turn PVP on or OFF. on our current server.
like a way u can summon tombs of dis.? Priest of Order / Disorder?

wehrmacht
04-17-2011, 08:34 PM
no

Amuk
04-17-2011, 08:50 PM
Can you remove this trash pve thread to offtopic.

Shrubwise
04-17-2011, 08:54 PM
Yes, it probably will lower the population of our beloved PvE server. Know what? I for one am not going to miss anyone. Things are overcamped as it is, especially in Kunark.

Let them have their fun!

Pudge
04-17-2011, 09:05 PM
bros dont hate. explain.

notahipster, pvp never works if you can just "turn it on or off" - also, while it MAY lower the population of the PvE server, isn't everything there camped to teh max already? this will be a fresh server, and it will be one that is more challenging and interesting than PvE by a long shot. you should check it out once it gets up and running. if you come over with friends it will make it easier also. when server opens basically everyone will be more open and nice to eachother and group with randoms b/c everyone needs to level. once ppl start getting up there on levels is where it gets competitive though.

im sure there will be many ppl testing the beta-pvp server (if there is one) before it goes live. if there isnt a test server I'd be surprised, although i don't think we'd need it up for long.. only long enough to do some basic pvp mechanic testing. as the actual server grows and ppl really play then im sure we will need future adjustments but that kind of change needs to occur slowly.. tweaking things to the right balance takes some time

georgie
04-18-2011, 01:06 AM
this is good. it will seperate the bulls from the cattle

georgie
04-18-2011, 01:09 AM
also isn't that pvp on/off already on your pve server why would you plague this fresh meat already? just let it play out instead of adding garbage to the server off the bat

notahipster
04-18-2011, 09:07 AM
thanks for explaining it in more detail (:

as i said in beginning of post, i love and welcome a pvp server.
infact since i started Project 1999 a little late if the server gets a decent pop
i wouldent mind having a character on it.

i just was thinking of what the cons might be, because sometimes even with things that sound so much fun there may be a downfall to keep in mind. It nice to see our server pop at what it is, but also that has a downfall too as was mentioned with overcamping.

im assuming the daily average of about 500 on PVE
would begin to look like

PVE- 350 players
PVP- 150 players

just a thought again....

Alex
04-18-2011, 09:48 AM
The PVE server is hitting around 1000 players during prime time, i imagine having 200 or so of them leave for the PVP server isn't going to have a huge impact.

I'm actually pretty psyched about the PVP server, i just hope the pvp community isn't accurately represented by a few of the e-peen stroking, chest beating nerds on these forums.

wehrmacht
04-18-2011, 10:11 AM
http://img860.imageshack.us/img860/1569/jessejacksonhalflengthp.jpg

Knuckle
04-18-2011, 10:40 AM
plaese keep shitty blue threads in the appropriate section

Vendar
04-18-2011, 02:52 PM
i just was thinking of what the cons might be, because sometimes even with things that sound so much fun there may be a downfall to keep in mind. It nice to see our server pop at what it is, but also that has a downfall too as was mentioned with overcamping.

im assuming the daily average of about 500 on PVE
would begin to look like

PVE- 350 players
PVP- 150 players

just a thought again....

better recheck your numbers pal, PvE is around 1k at prime, and if the pvp server hits 300 it will be more than fine. Honestly, pvp servers always had smaller pops than the pve servers, so no wirries

notahipster
04-18-2011, 04:30 PM
lol i love pvp!
im not against it.
im for it if its well thought out and works.
i guess if the server is growing then it is a welcomed expansion.
(:

notahipster
04-18-2011, 04:33 PM
also, everyone plays at different times. it may be 1000 when your on.
but i know alot of time i play its only about 200-400 on.

Walk It Out
04-18-2011, 04:49 PM
plaese keep shitty blue threads in the appropriate section

this

notahipster
04-18-2011, 07:35 PM
Worldserver Name: Project 1999: The Ruins of Kunark
Server Version: 0.8.0
Server Status: UP
Players Online: 760
Average Players: 489
Max Players: 1523

hmmm

Lasher
04-18-2011, 07:37 PM
whats the average number during peak hours?

Amuk
04-18-2011, 08:33 PM
I see 828 right now, and this guys clearly a nubshit retard who doesn't try camping anything significant. You might draw away from his ec orc grp with this pvp server dont release it.

neverquest
08-09-2011, 12:17 PM
no