PDA

View Full Version : Dont worry about Blue, its population will rise quickly very soon

Archythagoras
10-30-2019, 03:21 AM
I plan on moving there once I realize that The grass is not always greener on the other side.

Swish
10-30-2019, 03:24 AM
If you want to level something on blue at the moment, you need friends who also want to level on blue (or be twinked).

New P99ers with no items/plat saved would be mad not to be on green the way things are <3

Archythagoras
10-30-2019, 03:33 AM
If you want to level something on blue at the moment, you need friends who also want to level on blue (or be twinked).

New P99ers with no items/plat saved would be mad not to be on green the way things are <3

But even without help the XP is wayyy better.

Vivix
10-30-2019, 07:46 AM
Tbh they should probably just delete blue. It's already served it's purpose hasn't it?

solleks
10-30-2019, 07:58 AM
thats like deleting someones personality

Deathrydar
10-30-2019, 08:00 AM
Why so much hate on blue and its population. They are just like you and I. Sure, it's not as classic as green, but it was as close as possible back in 2009. Those players put time and love into their characters and the same will be said about green in three years or so.

Danger
10-30-2019, 08:02 AM
CONSIDER BLUE

Lhord99
10-30-2019, 09:18 AM
Why so much hate on blue and its population. They are just like you and I. Sure, it's not as classic as green, but it was as close as possible back in 2009. Those players put time and love into their characters and the same will be said about green in three years or so.

Sprach Zarathustra.

kotton05
10-30-2019, 09:21 AM
Once the try blue posts start you know it ded af rip blue

drakkan
10-30-2019, 10:22 AM

I don't know if it's so much as "hate" on the blue population, but rather just realistic observation of it's smaller numbers after green's launch. Some of the characters on blue are still not fully in BIS and velious has been our for quite a bit. On the flip side, there's crazy amounts of juiced up characters, and for the main raiding guilds, there's plenty of "throw away" raid loot that is spread across peoples 3rd and 4th alts that they barely play. If they put the time in, then why not.

Anyway, I think it's a natural dip and it will level out (whatever that leveling out looks like) and people will still play both. Blue is still a billion times more classic than live EQ - I see live being streamed on twitch and it weirds me out with all the transmogs, weird pets you can buy, etc. Even the TLP, that non-classicy pet animations and item transmogs, gross. At the end of the day you can't get any more classic than blue (now green, but still p99) with a population that is this bustling.

astuce999
10-30-2019, 10:33 AM
If nothing is done on the management side, my prediction for 6 months down the line is:

Blue: 400-600
Green 600-800

The fluctuation will be based on the raiders who switch from one server to the other to kill a mob and then resume playing on their regular server.

1 year later it will be:

Blue: 200-400
Green: 600-800

If the impossible goal of opening multiple green servers was ever reached, I could easily see this 6 months down the line:

Green1: 800-1000
Green2: 800-1000
Green3: 500-800
Green4(RP Preferred): 400-600

But it is again impossible :)

cheers,

Astuce

BlackBellamy
10-30-2019, 10:34 AM
If you want to have an easy time leveling on Blue right now, just roll a character and go around the zones loudly proclaiming how Green isn't your thing and it's just chaos and people are so rude, not like here. There will be a pile of twinks rushing to you with full bags of loot and buffbot druids in tow.

Gustoo
10-30-2019, 10:43 AM
If you want to have an easy time leveling on Blue right now, just roll a character and go around the zones loudly proclaiming how Green isn't your thing and it's just chaos and people are so rude, not like here. There will be a pile of twinks rushing to you with full bags of loot and buffbot druids in tow.

QFT

Blue is fine. The people that were really invested in blue will have a great place to keep playing. The blue water experience of a new server is hard for anyone else to ignore.

Thats why it makes sense for green to merge into blue at the end of its cycle. To keep the full velious maxxed out server from going stale, and to keep allowing people the experience of a new fresh server every once in a while.

kotton05
10-30-2019, 10:49 AM
It’s been stale a long long time gustoo. They should wipe blue and host a purple server next. Blue is perpetually tainted from past exploits.. think of blue as a beta

Deathrydar
10-30-2019, 11:03 AM
It’s been stale a long long time gustoo. They should wipe blue and host a purple server next. Blue is perpetually tainted from past exploits.. think of blue as a beta

Actually, he devs have stated that blue IS/WAS beta for green.

Bazia
10-30-2019, 11:03 AM

new people unaware of the dupes that ruined that server

Psyborg
10-30-2019, 11:05 AM

If we think of Blue as beta then there is no point in wiping it. Roll Green into Blue at the end of cycle and then relaunch it to keep the evergreen option available. Win for everyone.

Psyborg
10-30-2019, 11:07 AM
new people unaware of the dupes that ruined that server

I started in 2018 on P99. The dupes you reference have not ruined my experience. There were long lasting dupes in classic EQ as well that also didn't ruin my experience.

Deathrydar
10-30-2019, 11:10 AM
I started in 2018 on P99. The dupes you reference have not ruined my experience. There were long lasting dupes in classic EQ as well that also didn't ruin my experience.

It's the same as in real life; You cannot let what others do or think, ruin your experience!

Lhord99
10-30-2019, 11:34 AM
I just love the presupposition that if you roll on blue, you're awarded your epic and a fungi that even INT casters can wear. Guilds just roll you out ToV dragon loot. Powerlevels happen all the way to lvl 79! You even get a free Firiona Vie plush toy, which has a mouth that doubles as a backpack with plushy velvet interior, to store... stuff!

2 weeks ago, everyone was complaining how difficult it was to do anything on blue. Now they're dying to Large Plague Rats in Steamfont mountains with a Dagger* 3/27 NO DROP.

kotton05
10-30-2019, 11:37 AM

You’re indirectly a victim of a hugely busted economy from stuff that happened before you

cobhc3
10-30-2019, 11:37 AM
...You even get a free Firiona Vie plush toy, which has a mouth that doubles as a...

Where's he going with this???

... backpack with plushy velvet interior, to store... stuff!

Oh, phew.

Nirgon
10-30-2019, 11:47 AM
Blue pop is lower now than red when Holo came back and mass recruited

cobhc3
10-30-2019, 11:50 AM
I mean, I said it before, green is in classic until Nov 2020. That is when Kunark hits. Then epics are in April 2021. Think about that timeline!!

I am enjoying Green, I really am. It is stirring up all types of teenage nostalgia, but Blue is my home. I still actively play Blue and just enjoy the slow pace/nostalgia hit of Green. But the reality is, unless they implement some type of list for Vox/Naggy like they have for the legacy items or a Plane of Sky rotation for the Fear/Hate, it is going to be a bottlenecked poopsocked nightmare. But who is to say I would even play that long to see that content?

Danger
10-30-2019, 11:51 AM
crystal ball into the future

https://i.imgur.com/tAdh6Pn.png

Bazia
10-30-2019, 12:00 PM
I just love the presupposition that if you roll on blue, you're awarded your epic and a fungi that even INT casters can wear. Guilds just roll you out ToV dragon loot. Powerlevels happen all the way to lvl 79! You even get a free Firiona Vie plush toy, which has a mouth that doubles as a backpack with plushy velvet interior, to store... stuff!

2 weeks ago, everyone was complaining how difficult it was to do anything on blue. Now they're dying to Large Plague Rats in Steamfont mountains with a Dagger* 3/27 NO DROP.

sorry your toxic server died

bigjeff100
10-30-2019, 12:07 PM

Hahaha, come let this chump have it Lhord.

Lhord99
10-30-2019, 12:09 PM

Sorry your wife left you when you dinged lvl 4

kotton05
10-30-2019, 12:14 PM

This isn’t RNF dont spread blue toxicity in server chat please sorry blue is dead

Bazia
10-30-2019, 12:16 PM
can we get a blue section for these dorks to go die off in

Lhord99
10-30-2019, 12:19 PM
Lmao cmon man this is just jokes. If you want real toxicity, just give it a few months. It’s the lowest common denominator.

Danger
10-30-2019, 12:22 PM

corrosive vitriol and irl attacks like this is why blue is dead and their remaining playerbase is TOXIC

Chortles Snort|eS
10-30-2019, 12:31 PM

ExCuse me
pleAse ceAse thiS toXic blue behaVior or I will b ForCes to repOrT thiS ☝️ infrActiOn
No wonDer elVeS left BLuE!!!

Lhord99
10-30-2019, 12:45 PM
can we get a blue section for these dorks to go die off in

You're in the Blue threads, buddy.

ExCuse me
pleAse ceAse thiS toXic blue behaVior or I will b ForCes to repOrT thiS ☝️ infrActiOn
No wonDer elVeS left BLuE!!!

Lmao, coming from THE ChOrTlEs "BiG sIp" SnOrTlEs, I'll wear that 'toxic' button like that kid from Disney/Pixar's cult-classic Rom Com, Up.

As long as we're de-legitimizing a decade of work on all accounts - people sharting on the work done by the GMs, people sharting on the work done by innocent players, people sharting just to shart - why not shart on RL? Where's the line drawn between RL (wo)man hours and emotions sunk into making and cultivating p99, and RL (wo)man hours and emotions sunk into other (sometimes toxic) relationships?

I'm playing Green as we speak, fwiw. As a nutjub, it's just fun to play with you nutjobs on and off the court =).

bigjeff100
10-30-2019, 12:49 PM
corrosive vitriol and irl attacks like this is why blue is dead and their remaining playerbase is TOXIC

Bazia and Nirgon are on a mandatory "fresh air" break.. It's time you step out as well. Report back on the air quality please :) Seriously though, you a little worked up, and your rage is reaching the unhealthy limit.

Bazia
10-30-2019, 12:53 PM
why are the people from the 150 person server invading threads for the people on the 2000 person server

usmcvet
10-30-2019, 12:57 PM
Blue was amazing...with anything in life, the scammers cheaters elitists and assholes ruined it for anyone that wasn't in the 1% of the server. Green will end up the same way because as always people fucking ruin everything because they are greedy and corrupt.

But it will take a bit to get green to that bullshit level blue was in the last couple years. Ill ride the nostalgia wave until green gets polluted then ill quit. OR dont be assholes and enjoy the game that used to be about community.

aaezil
10-30-2019, 12:59 PM
I mean, I said it before, green is in classic until Nov 2020. That is when Kunark hits. Then epics are in April 2021. Think about that timeline!!

I am enjoying Green, I really am. It is stirring up all types of teenage nostalgia, but Blue is my home. I still actively play Blue and just enjoy the slow pace/nostalgia hit of Green. But the reality is, unless they implement some type of list for Vox/Naggy like they have for the legacy items or a Plane of Sky rotation for the Fear/Hate, it is going to be a bottlenecked poopsocked nightmare. But who is to say I would even play that long to see that content?

Imagine thinking the point of playing eq is killing the bosses at the end. . .

Kennie
10-30-2019, 01:03 PM
The whining about blue not being classic, easy and that the economy was fucked (it wasn't) are from people that just have shit characters on blue despite their whining of the problems on it. That's why it is so easy for them to start over on green.

We get it, you were failures on blue. You will be failures on green most likely as well. Shut up already.

pogs4ever
10-30-2019, 01:05 PM
if we can get list features for the raid scene that'd be moneyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

bigjeff100
10-30-2019, 01:06 PM
why are the people from the 150 person server invading threads for the people on the 2000 person server

Cause you're in a server chat forum for blue?

Danger
10-30-2019, 01:08 PM
Imagine not getting bazias posts

bigjeff100
10-30-2019, 01:12 PM
Imagine not getting bazias posts

Imagine pulling the short straw in life and being you.

Danger
10-30-2019, 01:18 PM
Imagine pulling the short straw in life and being you.

LOL sick burn. I wont stoop down to the blue players' level of venomous conduct and irl attacks which killed your 100 player server to begin with. SMDH.

sentinel
10-30-2019, 01:20 PM
i'm lovin the server wars

but yeah blue dead

Deathrydar
10-30-2019, 01:26 PM
WTF is wrong with you people?

Danger
10-30-2019, 01:31 PM
0311 with star on my CAR

YUT

Doesnt mean anything in elf land tho fam

usmcvet
10-30-2019, 01:35 PM
this will become a copy pasta. so many ex military guys on blue with no life, no job (cuz of their "condishun")

this is the kind of guy that wears his military outfit to malls trolling fro compliments

Nope not me, most around me dont even know I was in except my family. Only time its a thing is when its time to step up and then everyone will notice...you ever "step up" before? I'd like to hear about it. Also Marines dont wear their "military outfit" to the mall.

sentinel
10-30-2019, 01:42 PM
Nope not me, most around me dont even know I was in except my family. Only time its a thing is when its time to step up and then everyone will notice...you ever "step up" before? I'd like to hear about it. Also Marines dont wear their "military outfit" to the mall.

you are golden

"i only activate military man powers when i need to step up. like on the 20 year old internet elf simulator forum. had ot step up then, if not me, who? yeah, some of those guys needed me ot type out tough guy paragraph. ooorah i' gonna tell sarge all about this (he'll be impressed) :cool:"

Jibartik
10-30-2019, 01:54 PM
https://i.imgur.com/gnfENE0.png

Danger
10-30-2019, 02:04 PM
can we do something about these toxic stolen valor blue posters pls? this isnt rnf

Heavenzoutcast
10-30-2019, 02:07 PM
I have no desire to play green, because the only reason I see would be for a guise or mana stone. I don’t need a guise, and it won’t change my play style as a Druid with it. I do want a mana stone later, and my thoughts as of right now are to save play for the next 3 years, and just buy one from a poop sock when green goes to blue. Win/win. Plus not having to sit on a spawn or compete with people playing 20 hours a day is also a good thing. With all the campers gone, my guild was able to farm 12 Ring of the ancients to get everyone that wanted some JB’s a pair, without having to fork up 7k a pop. All the people that left saved us 84k, and I want to that you for that!

usmcvet
10-30-2019, 02:12 PM
I'm glad we are still friends. Thank you for your service (on the forums).:o
dude stop your killing me...lol anyways ya like I was saying quit being an asshole because it sucks for people not wanting to deal with that shit..anyways off to therapy lol

sentinel
10-30-2019, 02:18 PM
dude stop your killing me...lol anyways ya like I was saying quit being an asshole because it sucks for people not wanting to deal with that shit..anyways off to therapy lol

says corporal bad boy. remember your tough guy paragraph? i'll stop if you stop. anyway hope therapy goes well regardless

Bardp1999
10-30-2019, 02:34 PM
Blues population is lower than Green Server, EZ server, some random server not in the suggested list, and the Omens of War server right now.

Mid 200s

sentinel
10-30-2019, 02:46 PM
how embarassing

Wiltan
10-30-2019, 03:03 PM
"I went to green because people on blue are toxic!" plus "RIP blue; everyone is on green now!" equals "All those toxic people are on green now."

Just sayin'.

Vizax_Xaziv
10-30-2019, 03:06 PM
I give it one month MAXIMUM. Green will be under 1000 daily population by then as people condense into the 30+ range and realize theres 3000ppl competing for the same 20ish experience camps.

Wiltan
10-30-2019, 03:10 PM
I give it one month MAXIMUM. Green will be under 1000 daily population by then as people condense into the 30+ range and realize theres 3000ppl competing for the same 20ish experience camps.

Agreed.

I mean, I get it. On blue, someone had great loots that you didn't have. But pretty soon, on green, someone will also have great loots that you don't have. 2000 people aren't all getting manastones and guises, even with a wait list.

But whatever, you do you.

NegaStoat
10-30-2019, 03:12 PM

I think Green dipping below 1k is a bit off, or at least it's not a wager I would take. I do agree with your estimate that it will drop off sharply by the 30 day mark for the reason put forth. I think the real killer will be when the legacy item drops are removed. At that point, folks that are invested on Blue will return to that server as their primary up until Kunark launches on green. At that point, the only items worth perma farming would be Child's Tears and Circlet of Shadow, and dual box camping will be the routine. The folks that are trolling with 'blue is dead, it's all green from here out baby!' are a joke.

Arakash
10-30-2019, 03:22 PM

I have 2 low to mid level characters on blue. Since I take forever to level, don't mind soloing slowly (even my warrior) and a handful of friends I play with half the time, blue is actually not a bad place now. Granted, I don't purchase equipment and I and my small group play a bit hard core (using only gear we quested/mob kill, though I had thought about buying a pre-nerf CoS for my necro) meant EC tunnel never meant much to me. (We're not in ALS)

I know I'm definitely in the minority here regarding play style. But blue's a fit right now for those of us who finally have a chance at getting a few items on our own we couldn't or didn't have the time for before. I hope the devs don't change things too much because with my play style and if blue's current population picks up slightly it's pretty old school EQ.

Green's ok. But it does have the feel of the old blue imo for some reason.

bricke75
10-30-2019, 03:24 PM

HHK Goblins waiting list is gonna be like 40+ deep :D

NegaStoat
10-30-2019, 03:27 PM
HHK Goblins waiting list is gonna be like 40+ deep :D Way, way more than that during prime time. Way more. And you can bet a fresh pair of un pooped socks that the GM / Guides will get really sick of how many petitions will be going out from players mad at rogues using pick pocket on engaged gobbos for their ears. God have mercy on the volunteer staff's souls.

Raclen
10-30-2019, 03:33 PM
If nothing is done on the management side, my prediction for 6 months down the line is:

Green 600-800

The fluctuation will be based on the raiders who switch from one server to the other to kill a mob and then resume playing on their regular server.

1 year later it will be:

Blue: 200-400
Green: 600-800

If the impossible goal of opening multiple green servers was ever reached, I could easily see this 6 months down the line:

Green1: 800-1000
Green2: 800-1000
Green3: 500-800
Green4(RP Preferred): 400-600

But it is again impossible :)

cheers,

Astuce

If they made a pvp server the population would probably be 4k because that is what I want.

Keza
10-30-2019, 03:43 PM
"I went to green because people on blue are toxic!" plus "RIP blue; everyone is on green now!" equals "All those toxic people are on green now."

Just sayin'.

I mean, I get it. On blue, someone had great loots that you didn't have. But pretty soon, on green, someone will also have great loots that you don't have. 2000 people aren't all getting manastones and guises, even with a wait list.

But whatever, you do you.

You're just assuming thousands of people are rerolling to get a special drop. I gave a guise away when Kunark launched and I don't even have any 'special' items on my blue accounts. I just didn't care. I still don't. Plus whoever looted it was an Erudite, so I'm sure it made them happy. The only reason I would want a guise is so that I can be an OPAF dwarf paladin but not be a miserable dwarf, and I've not even played a paladin on green yet.

On the topic of special, aside from a few... special... people, I haven't seen many complaining about toxicity beyond raiding. I guess there might be some especially stupid people playing green because they think all the raiders are going to join hands, call each other "hun" and jam out to the Polyphonic Spree together on green, but I'd say that number is even less than the people playing green for special items.

I don't see blue's population ever bouncing back. I'd bet many people were sick of a stagnant, saturated server to begin with, but lacked the willpower to quit and play a different game. The longer green remains popular the more levels/loot people farm, the less reason they have to go back to blue and the more burned out they become on EQ in general. You can relate it to all the people trying to get others to play red. Remember all their ploys and schemes and lies about how great it was and all their made-up reasons for why idiots played blue instead of coming to glorious red? You think all 17 of them are still sitting there waiting for their prophecy to be fulfilled years later? One glance at the forums says yes.

Speaking of silly prophecies, you've made a grave error in yours. The reason certain religions/cults/whatever are successful is because they don't list a specific date.

cd288
10-30-2019, 04:04 PM

I also kind of laugh at everyone who said "Green will be so much harder than Blue because no gear to start!"

Is it technically harder? Sure. Because everything is easier when you're twinked out. But is Green hard? No not really. Been pretty easy for a full group to kill yellows and reds so far and I can generally solo yellows easily. Most of us know how to play the game at this stage. A competent group goes a long way and so far this server isn't really much harder at all than leveling on Blue.

walfreyydo
10-30-2019, 04:06 PM
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I'm the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot.

You obviously didn't graduate top of your class in basic spelling and grammar.

bigjeff100
10-30-2019, 04:38 PM
Yeah! To hell with Al-Quaalude!!!!

Danger
10-30-2019, 04:39 PM
i cant believe people still fall for that old meme

cd288
10-30-2019, 05:30 PM
Way, way more than that during prime time. Way more. And you can bet a fresh pair of un pooped socks that the GM / Guides will get really sick of how many petitions will be going out from players mad at rogues using pick pocket on engaged gobbos for their ears. God have mercy on the volunteer staff's souls.

Eh, the ear XP is pretty nerfed so I would be surprised if Rogues pick pocket the ears frequently. Honestly not really worth the time.

Jibartik
10-30-2019, 06:05 PM
HAHA this guy goes out side and has not seen this internet meme what a loser.

aaezil
10-30-2019, 09:04 PM
Sorry the mudflated beta server is dead

Kaedain
10-30-2019, 10:24 PM
all you guys hating on blue can put your money where your mouth is and hand over all your blue gear and stuff to me, send me that PM

Gustoo
10-30-2019, 10:30 PM
No one ever opens up their coffers man have you seen the pixel death grip on these dudes?

Kaedain
10-30-2019, 11:14 PM
That’s what makes it mildly humorous

kitao
10-30-2019, 11:23 PM
Giving away all my plat, just tell me the meaning of life.

Wiltan
10-30-2019, 11:45 PM

Before someone who heard about THHGTTG from a friend vomits up "42", let me give the correct answer: "To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women!"

YendorLootmonkey
10-30-2019, 11:54 PM

"To deny others pixels." - Dannyl, 2019

drakkan
10-31-2019, 10:04 AM
I think Green dipping below 1k is a bit off, or at least it's not a wager I would take. I do agree with your estimate that it will drop off sharply by the 30 day mark for the reason put forth. I think the real killer will be when the legacy item drops are removed. At that point, folks that are invested on Blue will return to that server as their primary up until Kunark launches on green. At that point, the only items worth perma farming would be Child's Tears and Circlet of Shadow, and dual box camping will be the routine. The folks that are trolling with 'blue is dead, it's all green from here out baby!' are a joke.

Some truth to this for sure. Green will most likely have its lulls once everyone reaches 50 and is permacamping every raid target. At that point, people will be more inclined to log back into blue server to raid or play there and there will be a ping pong. Legacy items stopping will be another lull.

Both Kunark and Velious dropping will be big spikes again and at that point there will be big guild presence and I would imagine some will main green as they either have the same class as on blue and like the new feeling or they played a new character on green and they are liking that as well.

The biggest thing I worry about (haha worrying about EQ) is the creation of this new split eventually divides everyone enough in 3 years that this EMU loses its luster and a real low population of odd bunches stay. (~150 people). Time will tell !

Psyborg
10-31-2019, 10:18 AM
Some truth to this for sure. Green will most likely have its lulls once everyone reaches 50 and is permacamping every raid target. At that point, people will be more inclined to log back into blue server to raid or play there and there will be a ping pong. Legacy items stopping will be another lull.

Both Kunark and Velious dropping will be big spikes again and at that point there will be big guild presence and I would imagine some will main green as they either have the same class as on blue and like the new feeling or they played a new character on green and they are liking that as well.

The biggest thing I worry about (haha worrying about EQ) is the creation of this new split eventually divides everyone enough in 3 years that this EMU loses its luster and a real low population of odd bunches stay. (~150 people). Time will tell !

If Green merges into Blue like the original server announcement claims to then this should only be an issue while Velious is live. That will definitely be an interesting year and a half.

Isey
11-01-2019, 06:12 AM
If Green merges into Blue like the original server announcement claims to then this should only be an issue while Velious is live. That will definitely be an interesting year and a half.

I'm only not playing Green because of the uncertainty of this. I want all my characters in the same server at some point. If we had a definitive answer here Green might go up!

TheRusty
11-01-2019, 06:25 AM
I imagine you fat, probably got a shit life and a fat wife. Your angry at life You have no self esteem and you are angry and hate everyone. So you come out here talking shit to people in video games to make yourself feel superior and better because your a loser in rl. Dude we seen it a million times. Nerds were doing it with the internet before I went of and became a real man. And apparently nerds like you are doing it still even after coming out 13 years in. Pro tip big guy. If you cant say what you say on the net to people in rl in their face...then stfu because your a fucking pussy. And ya im keyboard warrioring hard, but guess what I spent 12 years being a real warrior and saying shit just like this to peoples faces. Can you do it? no....stfu get off the net hit the gym get on meds quit being a fucking shit talking internet elitist keyboard warrior wannab. You dont inpress anyone and you are making the community worse off.

Truly spoken like a gentlemen with shoulders all the way up to their ears.

saftbudet
11-01-2019, 06:36 AM
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I'm the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot.

Your also a troll, a true hater, its sad to see so much hate. let it go. go enjoy game instead of playing forum warrior.

Nirgon
11-01-2019, 10:09 AM
Over for bluecels

Next time don't make such a toxic raiding environment that guilds want to screw each other out of warder loot and tov dragons have to be rooted

Blue community was way worse than red

Psyborg
11-01-2019, 10:12 AM
Over for bluecels

Next time don't make such a toxic raiding environment that guilds want to screw each other out of warder loot and tov dragons have to be rooted

Blue community was way worse than red

Ah so you're the person with all that extra time trolling ec. Such a sad existence.

Nirgon
11-01-2019, 10:17 AM
Lol I had a second window open for when I was medding

Speak for yourself, bluecel

kotton05
11-01-2019, 10:25 AM
I'm only not playing Green because of the uncertainty of this. I want all my characters in the same server at some point. If we had a definitive answer here Green might go up!

Blue is dead and once this supposed merge happens at the end of velious everyone will just play the classic green again. Just FYI.

Nirgon
11-01-2019, 10:46 AM
I am there to help these people get on green before legacy drops go away

Ain't the first time and won't be the last time I get attacked for doing the right thing

No good deed goes unpunished

The people that run this place/contribute code know that for sure

Keep taking the road forward, leave the dummies behind

Psyborg
11-01-2019, 11:07 AM
I am there to help these people get on green before legacy drops go away

Ain't the first time and won't be the last time I get attacked for doing the right thing

No good deed goes unpunished

The people that run this place/contribute code know that for sure

Keep taking the road forward, leave the dummies behind

13.5k forum posts since you joined these forums.

That is nearly 4.5 posts a day for 8.5 years straight.

For fuck's sake I just feel bad for you after mathing that out. You will get a pass from me from now on because you are clearly touched in the head.

Bazia
11-01-2019, 11:14 AM

For fuck's sake I just feel bad for you after mathing that out. You will get a pass from me from now on because you are clearly touched in the head.

shaming is an effeminate manipulation tactic, toxic blue weirdos

Splade
11-01-2019, 11:18 AM

How... how do people have time to post 4x a day for 8 fucking years ????

Psyborg
11-01-2019, 11:29 AM
shaming is an effeminate manipulation tactic, toxic blue weirdos

Misogyny is cool man.

Caledore
11-01-2019, 11:35 AM
This is the point that green's pop will be the highest, and as such likely the point that blue's pop will be the lowest. It'll only increase from here.

Sure, it might not reach pre-green numbers, but it'll be healthy enough. Blue will be fine.

I don't quite get this weird hatred some people have for Blue.

Bazia
11-01-2019, 11:42 AM
Misogyny is cool man.

:rolleyes:

Spacebar
11-01-2019, 11:46 AM
Has anybody noticed that the majority of those commenting negatively to the Blue server and trying to wish it to fail are from Red?

Either way, I'll concede that the raid environment on Blue has always been quite toxic. It's important to note that those same people are 100% there on Green to block pixels from normal players. The problem I had on Blue was there always seemed to be too many people at prime time.now that problem is being corrected.

I think most people with a) families b) jobs c) characters invested in Blue d) more Casual playstyle, will play on Blue. I plan to maintain characters casually on both.

Bazia
11-01-2019, 11:50 AM
Has anybody noticed that the majority of those commenting negatively to the Blue server and trying to wish it to fail are from Red

there is no red community, it's literally one guy 3 boxing

Spacebar
11-01-2019, 11:54 AM
there is no red community, it's literally one guy 3 boxing

Let me restate. Played on Red. Just a glance at previous posts from a lot of them, I see a lot of pvp and red section posts.

Deathrydar
11-01-2019, 11:55 AM
Let me restate. Played on Red. Just la glance at previous posts from a lot of them, I see a lot of pvp and red section posts.

YendorLootmonkey
11-01-2019, 12:05 PM
Has anybody noticed that the majority of those commenting negatively to the Blue server and trying to wish it to fail are from Red?

Hmmmm... it's almost like a subset of people who get off on schadenfreude and are therefore drawn to griefing everyone except for the last 12 players off the PVP server are also giddy at the prospect of some other server dying on a lot of people....

Daloon
11-01-2019, 12:32 PM
Rooted dragons on blue

or server enforced lines embedded into the code on Green

Neither are classic EQ

Gustoo
11-01-2019, 12:34 PM
I am in the same boat as blue players that don't really have time to level another character to 60. Gustoo is probably going to be my first and last character to be level 60. He is actually level 59.

I see a lot of sick pixel hungry posts from blue people and it scares me in real life.

Just like with red, the horrible representation on the forums that blue has does not match its actual playerbase. I don't have anything against blue just the people that are trying to hedge against change by trying to make sure blue never merges with green.

Green has the most to lose by merging to blue.

TBH I really love this game, thats why I spend time here. I really think the game is better with PVP but I am pretty much an anti pk soft hearted softy. I just like the way it helps people relate to one another. There is danger and you don't go around being an asshole the way people on green and blue are assholes to eachother. There are consequences. It really just completes the hostile world environment. Once you are level 60 and only go to established camps you know how to run, the game is trivialized. PVP helps it not be trivialized and means your relationships keep making a difference. You can't solo farm for 24/7 while treating people like garbage.

PVP was like 1/10 the population of original EQ playerbase but is substantially more than ratio of population on this emulator. Its anyones guess how a new pvp server would do right now. Its a matter of wondering how many pvp players are not willing to play green right now, but would hope on for pink.

I think the original staff concept makes the most sense. Blue is the end game server that remains permanently end game. Once green progresses beyond velious for a time, it rolls into blue and a new time line server opens up. We're talking about 4 + years of real life time between these server launches, you won't need to be part of the next bum rush, but you can be.

GM events can become more regular on blue, to keep it mixed up. Other stuff.

I was thinking maybe red should be dumped to blue too, just to clean things up. Its a tough call.

The fact is that we are all EQ players and all are more alike than we are different. For me and some others, I wouldn't be here unless there was a pvp server and the promise of the pvp server.

Overall this staff has been incredibly excellent and has served this community incredibly well. We are lucky that this project began 10 years ago and has salvaged real everquest for those of us that love it.

Maybe one day someone will find some hard drive in some pile of hard drives that has original server side code for EQ and we can take this thing to the next level. Anything is possible.

Frug
11-01-2019, 12:44 PM
Has anybody noticed that the majority of those commenting negatively ... and trying to wish it to fail are from Red?

FTFY

Psyborg
11-01-2019, 01:16 PM
I am in the same boat as blue players that don't really have time to level another character to 60. Gustoo is probably going to be my first and last character to be level 60. He is actually level 59.

I see a lot of sick pixel hungry posts from blue people and it scares me in real life.

Just like with red, the horrible representation on the forums that blue has does not match its actual playerbase. I don't have anything against blue just the people that are trying to hedge against change by trying to make sure blue never merges with green.

Green has the most to lose by merging to blue.

TBH I really love this game, thats why I spend time here. I really think the game is better with PVP but I am pretty much an anti pk soft hearted softy. I just like the way it helps people relate to one another. There is danger and you don't go around being an asshole the way people on green and blue are assholes to eachother. There are consequences. It really just completes the hostile world environment. Once you are level 60 and only go to established camps you know how to run, the game is trivialized. PVP helps it not be trivialized and means your relationships keep making a difference. You can't solo farm for 24/7 while treating people like garbage.

PVP was like 1/10 the population of original EQ playerbase but is substantially more than ratio of population on this emulator. Its anyones guess how a new pvp server would do right now. Its a matter of wondering how many pvp players are not willing to play green right now, but would hope on for pink.

I think the original staff concept makes the most sense. Blue is the end game server that remains permanently end game. Once green progresses beyond velious for a time, it rolls into blue and a new time line server opens up. We're talking about 4 + years of real life time between these server launches, you won't need to be part of the next bum rush, but you can be.

GM events can become more regular on blue, to keep it mixed up. Other stuff.

I was thinking maybe red should be dumped to blue too, just to clean things up. Its a tough call.

The fact is that we are all EQ players and all are more alike than we are different. For me and some others, I wouldn't be here unless there was a pvp server and the promise of the pvp server.

Overall this staff has been incredibly excellent and has served this community incredibly well. We are lucky that this project began 10 years ago and has salvaged real everquest for those of us that love it.

Maybe one day someone will find some hard drive in some pile of hard drives that has original server side code for EQ and we can take this thing to the next level. Anything is possible.

Once Velious runs its course on Green it sure as hell better merge into Blue. Having two identical era servers with splintered populations isn't really healthy for p99, in my opinion. Until that time I'll level and play on both servers and enjoy some new experiences. A true evergreen Green server would be awesome.

Frug
11-01-2019, 01:23 PM
PVP was like 1/10 the population of original EQ playerbase but is substantially more than ratio of population on this emulator.

Not in any sort of recent history. I've been tracking emu population trends for a while; *now and then* you'll see Red be more than 6-8% of the Blue/Red total, but not very often, and then just for a day or so.

Rise of Zek took a big portion of Red, but it's also pretty small compared to blue, even now where Green is sucking all the oxygen out of the room.

https://i.imgur.com/avgnnN5.png

Vart
11-01-2019, 01:42 PM
How... how do people have time to post 4x a day for 8 fucking years ????

When the math is done to have 13,500 post in such a time frame.

This is surreal.

Gustoo
11-01-2019, 02:41 PM
Not in any sort of recent history. I've been tracking emu population trends for a while; *now and then* you'll see Red be more than 6-8% of the Blue/Red total, but not very often, and then just for a day or so.

Rise of Zek took a big portion of Red, but it's also pretty small compared to blue, even now where Green is sucking all the oxygen out of the room.

I am talking about people who prefer pvp servers, not people who prefer red99 or roz both dead boxes.

astuce999
11-01-2019, 02:59 PM

Yes. You have to read all their comments from their nihilistic viewpoint; their unique goal is failure, so they are very consistent in how they relay information/facts/opinions/predictions.

For example, they are the most vocal about the Green server not splitting up into two or multiple servers, so we can easily deduce that they strongly believe that such a split would spell success and they must stop it at all costs.

It's good times,

Astuce

Gustoo
11-01-2019, 04:29 PM
People coming to p99 and seeing two weak ass 700 pop green servers are not going to know which to choose and can't do the math to see how many total pop and understand the reason for the split and will go back to wow or whatever.

1 server hi pop is exciting. That reason alone is worth keeping 1 green. Troll bait accepted.

Yasi
11-02-2019, 03:46 AM
I'm afraid deleting blue might lead to a major suicide wave among obese male mid-40s across the US.