PDA

View Full Version : Skill Based PvP vs Random Number Generator Based PvP

wehrmacht
04-19-2011, 04:39 AM
Why this thread exists

The creation of this post is due to the dark forces working behind the scenes, attempting to recreate the exact same resist system used on TZVZ for the P1999 PvP server. Why is this a problem you may ask?

In conventional Everquest PvP, the role of the random number generator wasn't very big. It really only affected caster nuke damage. If two melee were attacking each other, the amount of swings it took for one person to die, was large enough so the winner wasn't determined entirely by statistical variation. The sample size per fight was usually high enough that the winner or loser was determined solely by jousting ability.

Around Velious era, people that wanted to play PvP casters usually only played classes such as wizard and necro due to having spells with resist modifiers that always land. You can see where I'm going with this, the random number generator played little role in melee or caster PvP since most of the time people are casting spells that always land anyway.

Why TZVZ sucked

Now lets examine what TZVZ was like. The winner of many TZVZ fights was determined solely by things such as: did the wizard 8 second stun land or resist, paladin blind landing or resisting, whirl till you hurl landing or not, snare or root resisting or landing, mage pet stun or root resisting or not, the list goes on and on.

TZVZ took an almost entirely skill based PvP system (assuming each person was of similar gear) and utterly destroyed it by introducing enormous RNG variables into every fight.

Why would anyone want to play in a system like that? If the winner or loser of a fight is solely determined by the random number generator so much of the time, you might as well just play russian roulette with a handgun instead. It's the same difference.

As you can see from the other resist balance thread, virtually nobody agrees with how it should be. Half the people want some kind of caster's paradise, the other half want things to be just like EQ live during this period. All I know is that RNG played a much smaller role on EQ live than it did on TZVZ and it should be the same way on P1999 red server. If you want to leave RNG for spell casting damage since it's more "live like" then that's fine. But the other stuff needs to go since EQ PvP was not so dependent on RNG based luck.

If you want to go one step further and completely remove RNG from spell casting PvP, then you can do the following:

Change the resist system from avoidance based to mitigation based

If you ever played DAoC before, then you know what I'm talking about. This means that direct damage spells land every time with no full resists and your resist stat lowers how much damage you take by a fixed percent instead.

The following is just an example, the actual numbers aren't important. Benefits would decrease the higher in resist you went:

First 100 fire resist lowers damage 30%
Second 100 fire resist lowers damage 20%
Third 100 fire resist lowers damage by 10%

I would implement this only for damage spells. Spells like blind would obviously not work with this system and would need to follow normal magic resists from EQ live instead. Otherwise some guy could just stand there and chain cast blind on you over and over while his friend beats you to death as your screen flickers on and off. Same thing with root.

For stuns, I would let them land every time with the resist stat altering duration. Put level caps on them so only one will work against equal level players. Otherwise, people will load up 10 of them and perma lock people.

fiegi
04-19-2011, 04:47 AM
i tell you one thing

you're committed

edit: I complained over and over about the vztz resist system especially root - was completely useless, breaking insantly 98% of the time w/o any damage taken. But voidd was busy working on the food/water consumption for every race, clearly more important

Bombfist
04-19-2011, 04:49 AM
< wehrmacht> secrets wtf
< wehrmacht> I was just writing an hour long post on mitigation based PvP
< wehrmacht> I'm about to post it in 3 seconds
< susugam> dont do it
< susugam> just kill yourself instead
< Bombfist> post a tl;dr at the end of it for me

tl;dr

Jigga
04-19-2011, 05:15 AM
skew the polls much?

Go play emu Doac if you want emu Doac

wehrmacht
04-19-2011, 05:26 AM
skew the polls much?

Go ahead and try to explain how the poll is skewed. Avoidance based resists are by definition "RNG based PvP". You can't argue your way out of it no matter how hard you try.

I don't know how anyone could argue a mitigation based resist system for damage only would be bad. It's almost completely impossible to balance a resist system based on avoidance where you either take 0 or lots of damage. With mitigation based, you can pretty easily cap it so it's not possible for casters to become useless. It also doesn't really change any normal EQ PvP dynamics by implementing it.

Jigga
04-19-2011, 05:39 AM
Why didnt you poll it "Do you want spell mitigation pvp based off resists or spell RNG pvp based off resist?
"
Because most people are going to select skill because they would rather say they are a skilled player vs they are a RNG player that is how its skewed dumbass.

You want it like DOAC thats fine, just go play DOAC. Every post you make you want to change eq dramatically. You post these made up melee and resist forumlas that are complete trash and one dimensional just gtfo you are a joke among the dev community

minakto
04-19-2011, 05:56 AM
I agree have to say choose skill for it looked more admirable even though more skill is not incorperated in that option compared to RNG

skewed? most for sure

choosed RNG more in line of EQ, desire different game play different game

wehrmacht
04-19-2011, 06:40 AM
Because most people are going to select skill because they would rather say they are a skilled player vs they are a RNG player that is how its skewed dumbass.

Any system where if you live or die is controlled solely by what you roll with the dice is RNG based PvP by definition. You can't alter the laws of the universe to change that. That poll option is correct no matter how you try to spin it. If the fight lasted for the duration of 10 spell casts, and you roll a resist for every cast, you automatically win! Congratulations! Well, maybe not win, but at least a free draw.

If you can literally be invulnerable while AFK, I fail to see how that does not qualify as the "less-skilled" system.

When a caster fights someone in EQ, the sample size (his number of casts) per fight isn't large enough for it to be skill based using an avoidance based resist system. It becomes all pure luck instead. Especially if he's fighting another caster and could win with 1 ice comet.

I don't know how anyone could argue a mitigation based resist system for damage would be bad. It's almost completely impossible to balance a resist system based on avoidance where you either take 0 or lots of damage. With mitigation based, you can pretty easily cap it so it's not possible for casters to become useless. All the casters voting against this are going to wind up useless in guild vs guild PvP against raid buffed opponents then cry about it, just watch.

Koota
04-19-2011, 07:49 AM
I don't know how anyone could argue a mitigation based resist system for damage only would be bad.

Not classic. Welcome to P99.

wehrmacht
04-19-2011, 08:06 AM
Not classic. Welcome to P99.

If you want everything to be 100% classic, that's fine with me. Just post a warning message not to play any other caster besides a wizard or necro.

I doubt they have data to replicate that resist system though. Might be some sullon zek parses on the internet somewhere.

Let's assume they are not able to get that data, then what? It won't be classic no matter what they do then.

Also, the only person who I have seen working on a resist system for this server is Null, and guess what, it's not classic whatsoever, it's one of those "whirl till you hurl" resist systems.

So in response to your 3 word post, welcome to what appears to be "non-classic" so far.

Secrets
04-19-2011, 08:39 AM
I don't know how anyone could argue a mitigation based resist system for damage only would be bad. It's almost completely impossible to balance a resist system based on avoidance where you either take 0 or lots of damage. With mitigation based, you can pretty easily cap it so it's not possible for casters to become useless. All the casters voting against this are going to wind up useless in guild vs guild PvP against raid buffed opponents then cry about it, just watch.

Classic did have partial resists, which were mitigation based. Can't we have a RNG factor, a hit or miss, and a mitigation system all rolled into one? That would be the best option rather than "LOL MY IDEA IS BETTER"

Koota
04-19-2011, 08:40 AM
If you want everything to be 100% classic, that's fine with me. Just post a warning message not to play any other caster besides a wizard or necro.

I doubt they have data to replicate that resist system though. Might be some sullon zek parses on the internet somewhere.

Let's assume they are not able to get that data, then what? It won't be classic no matter what they do then.

Also, the only person who I have seen working on a resist system for this server is Null, and guess what, it's not classic whatsoever, it's one of those "whirl till you hurl" resist systems.

So in response to your 3 word post, welcome to what appears to be "non-classic" so far.

Well, allow me to educate you, since you are in fact, new here.

The development team for "Project 1999" does their best, through evidence, to replicate how it was during classic era. This holds true to nerf time lines, and things of the like. (Exploits obviously are nipped in the bud regardless of time line circa 99'.)

What this means is although it's not 100% classic, it's as close as they can possibly get it. So regardless if they can get the data or not, assuming they are going to make it PROJECT1999 PVP, it's pretty damn safe to say, they are going to follow suit of how they did here.

So regardless of how a developer is not making something classic, again, if its holding true to the Project1999 vibe, your poles of how you -oh so badly- want to make casters less viable during the classic era, when they were quite the opposite, are in vain.

Hate to say it, as much as you obviously can't understand it from all of your posts, and recollection on TZVZ, this server (assuming it will even be created) isn't TZVZ.

Crazycloud
04-19-2011, 08:45 AM
My reason on why VZTZ was horrible (balance wise) is cause resist system was just garbage.

I would run bard song with 300 + MR and get snared/rooted/mezzed/stunned you name it. Meanwhile druids nukes were resisting so easy. It should be the other way around. Nukes land but its harder to land those overpowered spells.

During classic/kunark all you needed really was 80-100 MR and you wouldn't be snared/rooted/stuned/mezzed so easily. My bard had 3x that and was still being controlled. Another problem i had was with the Hitbot... it was WAY to huge on live you had to stand right in front of the person to hit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HE8UNVmVE_s

Look how far my enchanter is and hes still hitting my paladin LOL. This made jousting take no skill. Anyone dueling each other was like a toss up.

Another problem i had was the delay on turning attack on while jousting. It seemed off compare to live. Also when you cast a spell and leave attack on it shouldn't act like your still attacking your target and once the spell is off you should be able to hit right away.

Knuckle
04-19-2011, 09:23 AM
Null has an awesome tool he's testing to tweak resists, patience newblets.

wehrmacht
04-19-2011, 09:35 AM
My reason on why VZTZ was horrible (balance wise) is cause resist system was just garbage.

I would run bard song with 300 + MR and get snared/rooted/mezzed/stunned you name it. Meanwhile druids nukes were resisting so easy. It should be the other way around. Nukes land but its harder to land those overpowered spells.

Exactly why I say it was horrible as well. It's annoying as hell to have fights decided entirely by RNG variables. People who could kill 10 people at the same time on Zek where skill actually mattered didn't come to EQ emulator land to get whirl till you hurl'd to death. I just talked to one of the old Darkenbane casters (Darwoth), and he was saying pretty much the same thing about those spells:

"the only resist that had a huge failure rate was magic school spells but since those were all of the roots, snares, mez, fear, charm, blind, gravity flux etc that would shitcan most players in pvp if they landed and were fighting anyone decent i found that acceptable."

Another problem i had was with the Hitbot... it was WAY to huge on live you had to stand right in front of the person to hit.

It was actually the exact opposite after you quit. There was some kind of sync issue or hitbox issue where you couldn't even hit people from behind and had to literally be in front of them to hit even with a 50ping.

Null has an awesome tool he's testing to tweak resists, patience newblets.

It's a good tool, I used it and don't have anything against Null, but he is one of the "dark forces" attempting to create full blown RNG based PvP where the winner or loser of a fight is solely determined by things mentioned in the original post which did not occur on EQ live.

redghosthunter
04-19-2011, 12:23 PM
Ok... so many issues to comment on... Ill take my arguments from Fictional Reading--- Lore, Salvatore-Tolken-Weis-Hickman-D&D masters guides, etc

1. Purely Resist Based - saves
a. Magic items always work to save vs. . If you have a item that absorbs/wards attacks it just protects you. So high resists should give you no dmg. Low resists, ya better hope for a good roll.

Hope and pray that there are no dice hacks for the rolls :) Hacked dice are not just for rolls for equipment.

2. Avoidance should help vs. bolts-cones. Its a no brainer-- Figher jumps to the side as a lighting bolt streaks by. However Mind Magic, AE spells and others should have no avoidance. If target is in range then make your save or suffer the effects. Such as hold person/monster (root,mez) , etc

3. LoSight- if ya casting a bolt it will not go threw objects. I like moving behind a wall or standing behind a mob and defeating a cast. It is just realistic gameplay.

4. Hit Box- Should be small. Yes ya need to be in range (ARMs length,) to slash the target, or worse actually behind or to the side of the target to land a BS.

redghosthunter
04-19-2011, 12:38 PM

During classic/kunark all you needed really was 80-100 MR and you wouldn't be snared/rooted/stuned/mezzed so easily. My bard had 3x that and was still being controlled. Another problem i had was with the Hitbot... it was WAY to huge on live you had to stand right in front of the person to hit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HE8UNVmVE_s

Look how far my enchanter is and hes still hitting my paladin LOL. This made jousting take no skill. Anyone dueling each other was like a toss up.

Another problem i had was the delay on turning attack on while jousting. It seemed off compare to live. Also when you cast a spell and leave attack on it shouldn't act like your still attacking your target and once the spell is off you should be able to hit right away.

Crazy,

You have some good points. What i dont agree with is - OP spells. Im not arguing the point that your 300 resists. With resists that high you should have almost total protection. My disagreement is that when a spell lands.... It should not no effect you ??? So if i was a caster and finally... finally i got a spell threw that 300 resists it should not root ya? or do damage? Hell with resists that high a caster might not land any spell. Seems like a Trade off... balance dont ya think---- for the trade you get for all that resistance--- is BRD dps blows. THERE IT IS- balance. Seems like nothing is wrong with the out of the box system.

Let me say it again... With your 300 resists, chances are you will should not see any spells get threw. ON THE FLIP side, BRD Dps aint great. Thats Balance. Cast-Cast-Cast, nothing getting threw you are owning the caster with all that resist. But finally one spell gets threw and you say... no the caster spells are OPed ?

redghosthunter
04-19-2011, 01:24 PM

The development team for "Project 1999" does their best, through evidence, to replicate how it was during classic era. This holds true to nerf time lines, and things of the like. (Exploits obviously are nipped in the bud regardless of time line circa 99'.)

What this means is although it's not 100% classic, it's as close as they can possibly get it. So regardless if they can get the data or not, assuming they are going to make it PROJECT1999 PVP, it's pretty damn safe to say, they are going to follow suit of how they did here.

So regardless of how a developer is not making something classic, again, if its holding true to the Project1999 vibe, your poles of how you -oh so badly- want to make casters less viable during the classic era, when they were quite the opposite, are in vain.

Hate to say it, as much as you obviously can't understand it from all of your posts, and recollection on TZVZ, this server (assuming it will even be created) isn't TZVZ.

I applaud the staff on the creation of a original and now kunark game. The game is -- more challenging then it used to be.

1. There is no way you can say that-- AE nurfs are classic. The AE Area Effect spells, in the game WAS Area. AE spells WAS not up to 4 mobs. You have no leg to stand on.

TODAY- the version we are running is not out of the box.

2. There is no way you can say that
a. the lvl of resists server wide are classic. The lvl of resists server wide are high. Getting 2 and 3 resists on Blue Trash mobs- commonly--- just didnt happen.

b. In addition, Mobs now are smart mobs- roaming around casting resistance on non casters... such as in dungeons ie LGuk, Paw etc. This didnt happen.

3. Healing Mobs. We have what i call- Healer Merc Mobs. Ever attack a healer merc on live? (pvp.) Very difficult to kill.

A original experience is more then lvl 50, with lvl 50 spell set, lvl 50 mobs or slightly above, its mechanics. Mechanics are whats going on behind the scene.

4. Agro pet class. Ive played EQ live for years. Ive played EMU for years. Answer me this if you say the PET Agro TODAY, is Classic.

Why was a rule added that a caster had to do 1 pt of damage to the target OR the caster got NO exp ? Casters used to sick pets and med threw fight.

TODAY if you sit for a second you get HATE. Its not Classic. Go ahead and do a search.....

This is "project" 1999, im very happy with it. Ive had a lot of fun. But Change is called- Balance here. This is not out of the box classic, its Project 1999.

Crazycloud
04-19-2011, 01:29 PM
Crazy,

You have some good points. What i dont agree with is - OP spells. Im not arguing the point that your 300 resists. With resists that high you should have almost total protection. My disagreement is that when a spell lands.... It should not no effect you ??? So if i was a caster and finally... finally i got a spell threw that 300 resists it should not root ya? or do damage? Hell with resists that high a caster might not land any spell. Seems like a Trade off... balance dont ya think---- for the trade you get for all that resistance--- is BRD dps blows. THERE IT IS- balance. Seems like nothing is wrong with the out of the box system.

Let me say it again... With your 300 resists, chances are you will should not see any spells get threw. ON THE FLIP side, BRD Dps aint great. Thats Balance. Cast-Cast-Cast, nothing getting threw you are owning the caster with all that resist. But finally one spell gets threw and you say... no the caster spells are OPed ?

I think you read me wrong. When a stun/root/snare did land during that time IT lasted full duration (snares used to last 15mins in pvp and there was a chance when a nuke landed the snare effect could come off). My problem was it was landing TOO much with 300 resists i mean way too much. Having 80-100 MR used to resist root/snare so easy. But once you had that enchanter tash or or shaman malo you man u better cure or dispel quick or you were TOAST!!!. You really didn't need a enchanter or shaman to tash/malo anyone on VZTZ to land spells, you just cast stun and it landed 60-70 % of the time. It made those 2 classes not needed in pvp, it was just a melee game.

Basically you should resist spells 95 % of the time (mainly the OP spells like whirl/snare/root/stuns) with 200 + mr. But if it did land 1 time out of 20+ or 30+ spell casts then I'm one not to complain.

Back in the days there was more skill involved in EQ. More jousting and less casting of snare/root (unless you had a shaman/enchanter with you). On VZTZ everyone spams the EZ spells. Roll with a group cast stun steam roll 1 person who had zero chance of escaping unless he gets a lucky gate off.

VZTZ all loots were also easy to attain so everyone already had high resists... THIS IS p99!!! shit will be rare! and exp will be slow! so if you earn 100 + resists on all your resist stats man you earn your bragging rights.

redghosthunter
04-19-2011, 01:33 PM
I think you read me wrong. When a stun/root/snare did land during that time IT lasted full duration (snares used to last 15mins in pvp and there was a chance when a nuke landed the snare effect could come off). My problem was it was landing TOO much with 300 resists i mean way too much. Having 80-100 MR used to resist root/snare so easy. But once you had that enchanter tash or or shaman malo you man u better cure or dispel quick or you were TOAST!!!. You really didn't need a enchanter or shaman to tash/malo anyone on VZTZ to land spells, you just cast stun and it landed 60-70 % of the time. It made those 2 classes not needed in pvp, it was just a melee game.

Basically you should resist spells 95 % of the time (mainly the OP spells like whirl/snare/root/stuns) with 200 + mr. But if it did land 1 time out of 20+ or 30+ spell casts then I'm one not to complain.

Back in the days there was more skill involved in EQ. More jousting and less casting of snare/root (unless you had a shaman/enchanter with you). On VZTZ everyone spams the EZ spells. Roll with a group cast stun steam roll 1 person who had zero chance of escaping unless he gets a lucky gate off.

VZTZ all loots were also easy to attain so everyone already had high resists... THIS IS p99!!! shit will be rare! and exp will be slow! so if you earn 100 + resists on all your resist stats man you earn your bragging rights.

/nod

naez
04-19-2011, 01:35 PM
I like RNGPVP we can just /duel with /random

Walk It Out
04-19-2011, 02:02 PM
play better

Null
04-19-2011, 03:22 PM

The code for the resist system (at least the one when I was deving) is publicly accessible and there is nothing in that code or spell file that would make druid nukes (or really nukes in general) resist more than snares, roots, stuns or mez. Actually there is a chunk of code that ensures that nukes will always land easier than the spells types you mentioned. At 300MR you would resist roots, snares, mez and stuns at >95% of the time.

I am not pointing this out in an effort to defend VZTZ, my resist code or to say that you are a lier. I just think its worth pointing out how skewed memories can get of how resists worked about a year ago, let alone 12 years ago on EQ live.

Crazycloud
04-19-2011, 04:01 PM
I barely played on your server Null. I did play on Voidd's server and anyone who played druids will tell you that nukes (specially druid nukes) resisted a SHIT load more then the MR type spells. This is a "fact". My memories aren't lost from 12 years ago or 1 year ago.

I duel'd skunky and Puma (when he was a GM). And we didn't even bother chain nuking each other because we were resisting our spells 70% of the time with 80FR... but snare/root landed much easier with double the amount of MR. Voidd changed alot of stuff. The stat system and even the resist system i believe.

I'm not trying to attack your resist code or anyone elses but I was the one who put time and played on the server and pvp'd. I would know how it worked. Matter of fact when i dueled skunky and puma i had really zero resist gear and just FR buff and was just fine.

Anyone who fought me on Voidd's server also could tell you how my paladin stuns landed a shit ton it was really unfair and i even complained about it. No way it was > 95 % resist rate.

ooantipostoo
04-19-2011, 04:12 PM
I'm all for skill / gear based PvP, people work hard to get there skill set and gear up on PvP servers. Locking guilds out of progression and doing everything in your power to have the upper hand to get the kill shot. Anyways I still play on zek and one thing i do like that just came out was you automaticly get DA divine aura when you zone lasting 10 seconds this prevents from zone camping and banking before the other player even has control of their character. Speaking of live someone take my rouge of my hands level 90 top end gear fully flagged for everything out. He is in the top 3 rouges on the server. He one rounds pretty much anyone disc and BP are clicked best PvP round 36k, best pve round 78k, best raid round with raid poison 170k crits consistently, always #1 on dps list for raids clearing other by along shot. Anyways can't wait for a classic good managed PvP server to be released thanks devs.

Now resist wise regarding spells mostly only lure spells land around 85-90% I'd say. Snares about a 50%, and big non lure nukes around 15-20%. Dots regarding necros spurt would almost always land along with a couple others.

naez
04-19-2011, 04:18 PM
cc u suck @ readin pms wtb that casanova ss shits a classic

Crazycloud
04-19-2011, 04:22 PM
I posted it as u posted this.

naez
04-19-2011, 04:23 PM
sry for sayin you suck then ;)

Koota
04-19-2011, 05:09 PM
3. Healing Mobs. We have what i call- Healer Merc Mobs. Ever attack a healer merc on live? (pvp.) Very difficult to kill.

Those things are incredibly easy to kill. As a wizard, easy to 2 shot it. Or pop Twincast and one shot it. Or as a necro, shaman, ranger, druid, (any class with a DoT) you could rotate your curse/disease line of dots and the merc would only cast the individual cure type, and never heal.

l2pvp

Foxx
04-19-2011, 05:14 PM
Why TZVZ sucked
This one time i was pvping, and i got rooted

*fixed

ooantipostoo
04-19-2011, 05:20 PM
Those things are incredibly easy to kill. As a wizard, easy to 2 shot it. Or pop Twincast and one shot it. Or as a necro, shaman, ranger, druid, (any class with a DoT) you could rotate your curse/disease line of dots and the merc would only cast the individual cure type, and never heal.

l2pvp

The mercs are super easy to kill, and if you're well geared and know how to PvP half the time you don't even need to touch them. I can down a full group under 20 seconds with my disc and BP clicked on live at the moment and that's even with out my merc up of course cause I'm a rouge, its all about skill and gear. And that full group is pandemonium so no there not newbs either.

Koota
04-19-2011, 05:34 PM
The mercs are super easy to kill, and if you're well geared and know how to PvP half the time you don't even need to touch them. I can down a full group under 20 seconds with my disc and BP clicked on live at the moment and that's even with out my merc up of course cause I'm a rouge, its all about skill and gear. And that full group is pandemonium so no there not newbs either.

Ahh, I love killing Pandemonium :)

Walk It Out
04-19-2011, 05:57 PM

who are you on zek bro, im Scrapy Coco

Walk It Out
04-19-2011, 05:57 PM
ima pop in pdm vent ooantipostoo and if you are a top dog on zek i would expect to see you there

Koota
04-19-2011, 06:03 PM
SCRAPY?

LOL... this is Flasheng

redghosthunter
04-19-2011, 06:05 PM

l2pvp

On my 65 PAL i have my Ancient Stun and my AA stun maxed, my regular Stuns, Imbued War Staff of the Emperor that procs 150 Cold with a 150 DD cold aug. They just will not die -- LOL. Prob is i guess im PAL and Palies aint got the super WIZie or ROG dps.

ooantipostoo
04-19-2011, 06:06 PM
Analiator Aich, eqplayers is messed up right now its double listing people like ballwin and others, its also reporting incorrect stats atm lame its saying I'm #10 right now. Fu fu fu Sony. I posted some pics awhile back on p99 forums if you're really curious about my stats. Also have a magelo out there some where.

Walk It Out
04-19-2011, 06:08 PM
not worried about it bro i stoped playing live before HoT was released was #4 zerker on eqplayers leaderboard..i dont remeber Aich though i do remeber homeboy flasheng

ooantipostoo
04-19-2011, 06:11 PM
not worried about it bro i stoped playing live before HoT was released was #4 zerker on eqplayers leaderboard..i dont remeber Aich though i do remeber homeboy flasheng

Cool cool Yah I was asd for most my life on zek Hung out with fluu,pimpzu, unload yes he turned away from Pdm now, frankinbean and all those guys.

Koota
04-19-2011, 06:13 PM
You were #4 zerker? I had fun PvPing on that server, but I remember Scrapy being ezmode to kill. IDK

Koota
04-19-2011, 06:14 PM
Cool cool Yah I was asd for most my life on zek Hung out with fluu,pimpzu, unload yes he turned away from Pdm now, frankinbean and all those guys.

Small EQ world, I was in NSA forever. Ive been trying to get Shwingler to play on p99. He'll likely play if/when red99 drops

Walk It Out
04-19-2011, 06:17 PM
i remeber 2 80 wizards burnin the shit outa my 80 zerker, leveld him to 85 got UF raid gear/wep dominated the server with AoR for a few months and went to VZTZ 2 play some classic basketball 4 free

ooantipostoo
04-19-2011, 06:17 PM
Small EQ world, I was in NSA forever. Ive been trying to get Shwingler to play on p99. He'll likely play if/when red99 drops

Aye, I'm trying to get them all to come here and the first question they ask is it PvP? I say no and its an instant Fuck that lol.

Walk It Out
04-19-2011, 06:18 PM
im in pdm vent tryn to turn some people onto red99 when it opens

ooantipostoo
04-19-2011, 06:19 PM
i remeber 2 80 wizards burnin the shit outa my 80 zerker, leveld him to 85 got UF raid gear/wep dominated the server with AoR for a few months and went to VZTZ 2 play some classic basketball 4 free

That was Moore than likely my homie kith he's nasty.

Koota
04-19-2011, 06:19 PM

Them 2 wizards HAD to of been me and Foxx~

Walk It Out
04-19-2011, 06:22 PM

it was

Envious
04-19-2011, 07:43 PM
Skill = reacting to the RNG.

No such thing as a MMO w/o RNG... because of this, I didnt even read the OP.

wehrmacht
04-19-2011, 09:32 PM
Now resist wise regarding spells mostly only lure spells land around 85-90% I'd say. Snares about a 50%, and big non lure nukes around 15-20%

I dunno what this guy is smoking but if we're talking about Kunark era, lures landed more like 100% of the time and snare landed 0-2% of the time. I played a pure melee then, if it landed 50% of the time, I would have re-rolled to another class instantly. Even if it landed 10% of the time, I still probably would have.

Skill = reacting to the RNG.

No such thing as a MMO w/o RNG... because of this, I didnt even read the OP.

Of course there is. Mitigation based resist = no RNG for spell damage. The RNG for spell damage isn't what bothers me the most, it's all the other RNG variables that TZVZ introduced to PvP that didn't exist on EQ live.

Anyone that's half decent doesn't want their fights to be decided by if some retarded spell like blind landed on you or not. That's just not how EQ ever was. It's RNG based PvP and not skill based PvP.

ooantipostoo
04-19-2011, 10:05 PM
Now resist wise regarding spells mostly only lure spells land around 85-90% I'd say. Snares about a 50%, and big non lure nukes around 15-20%. Dots regarding necros spurt would almost always land along with a couple others.

I dunno what this guy is smoking but if we're talking about Kunark era, lures landed more like 100% of the time and snare landed 0-2% of the time. I played a pure melee then, if it landed 50% of the time, I would have re-rolled to another class instantly. Even if it landed 10% of the time, I still probably would have.

Of course there is. Mitigation based resist = no RNG for spell damage. The RNG for spell damage isn't what bothers me the most, it's all the other RNG variables that TZVZ introduced to PvP that didn't exist on EQ live.

Anyone that's half decent doesn't want their fights to be decided by if some retarded spell like blind landed on you or not. That's just not how EQ ever was. It's RNG based PvP and not skill based PvP.

you just blew my mind.

ooantipostoo
04-19-2011, 10:07 PM

I guess alot of spells were resisted back then and also did less than half its damage in pvp.

Koota
04-19-2011, 10:22 PM
Dropping a tash on someone, and having root stick wasn't uncommon whatsoever for me back in the day. So I'm really failing to agree with this 0-2%, if by a generous standard we cause tash to create a 10% success rate. Just simply not true.

wehrmacht
04-19-2011, 10:31 PM
I guess alot of spells were resisted back then and also did less than half its damage in pvp.

Probably because here's how a typical Kunark PvP fight went with average geared players (ie: no Tstaff). A random druid runs up and casts winged death & drifting death on a warrior/monk/rogue. The melee can do one of the following:

1) Ignore the dots and start attacking the druid then die to a combination of dots + damage shield as the druid spam heals himself. Kiting optional.

2) Dispell the dots while the druid just keeps recasting them over and over. A few minutes later, the druid is out of mana then runs off, you're also out of pumice now. He meds up then comes right back so you get to do the same fight again with no pumice. You probably were only able to bandage up to 50% hp too.

Even with barely any spells landing, casters were easily able to run people off if not outright kill them. Fights just lasted a lot longer than 30 second TZVZ fights. Every fight was an endurance battle.

Just running the other person out of your zone was usually considered victory. You usually had to of made some kind of huge mistake in order to be killed while playing a druid. Melee on the other hand could easily be killed by casters getting the jump on them.

Dropping a tash on someone, and having root stick wasn't uncommon whatsoever for me back in the day. So I'm really failing to agree with this 0-2%, if by a generous standard we cause tash to create a 10% success rate. Just simply not true.

The word enchanter & tash was not mentioned anywhere in my post. If I got tashed, I ran away until it was cured. Root and snare would land if you were tashed. I think debuff spells on SZ also debuffed you by 150% of normal values. I just remember they were increased to be more effective than blue servers. Your magic resist would go from like 120 to 60.

ooantipostoo
04-19-2011, 10:56 PM
Probably because here's how a typical Kunark PvP fight went with average geared players (ie: no Tstaff). A random druid runs up and casts winged death & drifting death on a warrior/monk/rogue. The melee can do one of the following:

1) Ignore the dots and start attacking the druid then die to a combination of dots + damage shield as the druid spam heals himself. Kiting optional.

2) Dispell the dots while the druid just keeps recasting them over and over. A few minutes later, the druid is out of mana then runs off, you're also out of pumice now. He meds up then comes right back so you get to do the same fight again with no pumice. You probably were only able to bandage up to 50% hp too.

Even with barely any spells landing, casters were easily able to run people off if not outright kill them. Fights just lasted a lot longer than 30 second TZVZ fights. Every fight was an endurance battle.

Just running the other person out of your zone was usually considered victory. You usually had to of made some kind of huge mistake in order to be killed while playing a druid. Melee on the other hand could easily be killed by casters getting the jump on them.

The word enchanter & tash was not mentioned anywhere in my post. If I got tashed, I ran away until it was cured. Root and snare would land if you were tashed. I think debuff spells on SZ also debuffed you by 150% of normal values. I just remember they were increased to be more effective than blue servers. Your magic resist would go from like 120 to 60.

or ignore all that....A necro walks up and snares then fears you...Fear was still in through almost half of kunark. So yah as a "pure melee" you were screwed if caught alone.

wehrmacht
04-19-2011, 11:07 PM
or ignore all that....A necro walks up and snares then fears you...Fear was still in through almost half of kunark. So yah as a "pure melee" you were screwed if caught alone.

I hope that post was supposed to be a joke and not serious.

First of all, druid snare would land maybe 1 out of 50 or 100 casts if the target wasn't tashed or malod so your argument failed already. Second of all, I think necro snare had a double resist check due to having damage plus a snare so it probably landed even less.

Next, I don't remember if fear worked or not on TZ, I didn't play there that long, but I'm 100% positive it never worked on Sullon Zek.

So no, you were not "screwed" if alone on a pure melee. Why would anyone play a class that required someone to babysit you just to stay alive any time you're logged into the game

Abysis
04-19-2011, 11:38 PM
I played on VZ for 5 years, I liked the resist systems. Casters have every advantage in pvp and you have to make their spells about 80% resisted to even it out, or everyone just ganna be wizards druids and necros.

To melee like most spells landing are a death sentence, a single root or snare, or even like 2 nice dots ( even if they win they lose ).

p.s VZ was the only real pvp server F ALL YA'LL you dont know!

If you dont make things pretty easy to resist it will be all ice comets all day.

And everyone knows melee's make for better pvp then press a button and face them.

LoS is a balancing factor for melee's but in lots of situations its impossible.

A caster killing someone SHOULD leave them out of mana just as a melee would be out of hps. When you land a spell it should be like YES! got ya.

Koota
04-20-2011, 12:01 AM

Fearing and charming players was removed before TZVZ was even released iirc. That and charm was nerfed pretty damn quickly on RZ.

Lasher
04-20-2011, 12:05 AM
I used to charm people On tz and fear. I got to mid 20 when it got nerfed.

Bards could fear PC all the way up to kunark

ooantipostoo
04-20-2011, 12:06 AM
Fearing and charming players was removed before TZVZ was even released iirc. That and charm was nerfed pretty damn quickly on RZ.

I remember fearing people with my necro in overthere in front of skyfire.

ooantipostoo
04-20-2011, 12:11 AM
I hope that post was supposed to be a joke and not serious.

First of all, druid snare would land maybe 1 out of 50 or 100 casts if the target wasn't tashed or malod so your argument failed already. Second of all, I think necro snare had a double resist check due to having damage plus a snare so it probably landed even less.

Next, I don't remember if fear worked or not on TZ, I didn't play there that long, but I'm 100% positive it never worked on Sullon Zek.

So no, you were not "screwed" if alone on a pure melee. Why would anyone play a class that required someone to babysit you just to stay alive any time you're logged into the game

I'm talking about RZ when saying all this, none of which servers you are speaking of.

Patches from July 2000 - December 2002

Stand Out Occurrences:
- New interface goes live (July 24)
- The Bazaar is introduced (July 24)
- Lifetappers no longer say "Ahhh... I feel much better now!" with every spell (July 24)
- Players are no longer susceptible to other players' fears and charms (July 24)

Stop blowing random garbage out of your ass. I will not respond to your next reply

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_8uEU7BcLI4A/TPF-7VPis2I/AAAAAAAAAyY/VDcU86RFT8U/s400/Change-It-Back.jpg

wehrmacht
04-20-2011, 12:23 AM
I'm talking about RZ when saying all this, none of which servers you are speaking of.

Stop blowing random garbage out of your ass. I will not respond to your next reply

You're the guy that claimed snare landed 50% of the time during Kunark and Velious era. You're obviously just making shit up. Then you start talking about fearing other players like that's actually going to be on this server. How is this relevant to p1999 PvP? Are you trying to claim you should be able to fear other players? What is the point of your post?

Koota
04-20-2011, 12:31 AM
Actually, I stand corrected:

** PvP **

- Fixed a bug on Tallon and Vallon Zek that made player characters in
non-human illusions immune to ranged attacks.
- It is no longer possible for PC's to fear other PC's at all on any
server. The same was also done for charm.
- Pets can no longer be affected by charm spells. This should fix the
issue that caused charm spells to make pets disappear.
- NPCs who are pets of players and call for help from other NPCs will
have their cries fall on deaf ears.

Taken from July 2002 to December 2002 Patchnotes via:

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/history/patches-2002-2.html

But the more important thing to note here, is that if its not this way in duels on blue Project99, it's likely not going to be on red Project99 either, for the loopholes that come about when a player is under the influence of fear or charm. (Read: able to be attacked by any level.)

wehrmacht
04-20-2011, 12:57 AM
But the more important thing to note here, is that if its not this way in duels on blue Project99, it's likely not going to be on red Project99 either

When bombfist tested monk damage on p1999 in duels, the monk was hitting for like 30 damage max so duels on p1999 are way off currently.

Max hit with 255 str on a 50 monk should be something like 72-74.

nalkin
04-20-2011, 01:10 AM
Man lol I looked at the first page and skipped to here. Do you guys really take this so srsly?

Anyway, if red99 comes out im excited and glad people are willing to dedicate so much energy into thinking about things, though it also makes me a little sad. qq

Koota
04-20-2011, 01:30 AM
When bombfist tested monk damage on p1999 in duels, the monk was hitting for like 30 damage max so duels on p1999 are way off currently.

Max hit with 255 str on a 50 monk should be something like 72-74.

Apples and oranges. Talking about exploit riddled spells over monk duel damage?

wehrmacht
04-20-2011, 01:31 AM
Man lol I looked at the first page and skipped to here. Do you guys really take this so srsly?

Anyway, if red99 comes out im excited and glad people are willing to dedicate so much energy into thinking about things, though it also makes me a little sad. qq

Better to post now then waste months leveling only to find out that anytime you fight someone, how you play your character doesn't matter and each fight's win or loss is only determined by their success or failure on a whirl till you hurl dice roll or some other RNG variable that was never a part of normal EQ PvP.

Koota
04-20-2011, 01:39 AM
Better to post now then waste months leveling only to find out that anytime you fight someone, how you play your character doesn't matter and each fight's win or loss is only determined by their success or failure on a whirl till you hurl dice roll or some other RNG variable that was never a part of normal EQ PvP.

Your opinion is just that, yours. Regardless of how many posts and threads are created, it really truly means jack as well as shit. But, your optimism on having it your way is inspiring me to go take a dump. brb

pasi
04-20-2011, 01:47 AM

I think you're looking for a game that isn't Everquest.

wehrmacht
04-20-2011, 02:37 AM
I think you're looking for a game that isn't Everquest.

What I described in the original post was the difference in real EQ PvP and TZVZ PvP. Many people posting didn't even play on one or either servers, so don't know what I'm talking about.

Meanwhile, all of Koota's post are crying at me anytime I mention something that isn't 100% identical to EQ live. I already said I would be fine with normal EQ live PvP.

There are zillions of casters posting all over this board that want things to be different from EQ live though. The point of my post is that if casters are going to be "upgraded" for whatever reason, it needs to not deviate from normal EQ game dynamics. The winner or loser of a fight shouldn't be be based on the outcome of something stupid like whirl till you hurl landing or not (RNG based PvP).

Ruinous
04-20-2011, 04:18 AM
I like to make up facts based on my completely unbiased recollection of playing on classic EQLive pvp and introduce bogus formulas to entirely rework the mechanics of the game into my favor.

Point taken already, sir, from many previous posts.

Banai
04-20-2011, 05:05 AM
I sure hope wehrmacht gets the banhammer before this ever goes live, jesus christ you are annoying

Abacab "The REAL truth"
04-20-2011, 05:23 AM
Resist system needs to be RNG with spells like root and snare otherwise those who stack resistance and have the ability to kite will decimate pure melee and other hybrids with ease.

I fought Wehr over on a PEQ box and his ToV ranger was 99% impervious to spells, my lifetaps, snares, dispells were all resisted or partially resisted and as a shadowknight I had no way of stopping Wehr's ability to get SoE and /autofire back peddle... Granted this is a post-luclin ranger so they're healing for like 3k and dropping 800 pt bow hits but what makes this situation any different than classic?

I could just grind a ranger to 60, get a skybow and wolf myself and never seriously worry about any warrior/rogue/sk/paladin scratching me because I'm negating every spell and resisting my ability to strip his SoW and stop the indefinite backpeddle, I'm forced to zone or get kited to death, and how is getting perma-kited any different than getting CC'd by any other class?

Which Wehr would love to stick with the nullification of CC type abilities because his class of choice will always be a range class which gives him a distinct and skewed advantage over any 1v1 situation by stacking resist and pressing his 'down' key.

I'd say make spells RNG for CC, and if that cannot happen open up Berserker so there will be at least some way to stop kiting via at-range disc stuns and snares

Banai
04-20-2011, 05:55 AM
Pumice, crimson pots, golem wands, surely someone who takes everquest as serious as Wehrmacht does would be using them from day one? Not to mention cure potions and what not.. Snares/roots and mez did land, hell, enchanters on PvP servers (at least Mythd on TZ) would take on entire groups of people with the use of mez.. Assuming you debuff their resists, spells would land. Saying that 120 MR makes you immune to root is probably not true, but the chance of it landing would be low. Toss a tash/malo on that and its an entirely different story.

If you dont allow these spells to land (and nukes always being partially resisted) then you'll have vztz all over again. Everyone rolling monk/sk/warrior and then you just roll people over. A bard in the melee group and wooh, fun times. Just because CC spells are able to land it does not mean that PvP is RNG - EQ pvp puts A LOT of weight in being prepared. You should be stacking your buffs correctly, have pumice and clickies etc. Same goes for crimson pots/cures... You are turning it more into wow by allowing melees to rip through everything just by having an easily acquired resist set, and thats not how it ever was in EQ

Foxx
04-20-2011, 07:09 AM

doin it real, REAL big. timing double manaburns is nasty skill, flash lets do big things.

shocked btw, walk is a bad player on the box and turns out to be a bad player on eqlive. lol ftw

wehrmacht
04-20-2011, 07:41 AM
Resist system needs to be RNG with spells like root and snare otherwise those who stack resistance and have the ability to kite will decimate pure melee and other hybrids with ease.

It wouldn't have changed anything about that fight if those spells landed because rangers get root and snare. You would have been immobile the entire fight. All that would do is make pure melee completely unplayable and hybrids more powerful. Why the hell would anybody play a warrior, monk, or rogue if an SK can chain snare them? Hybrids are already the best PvP class and you're just advocating stuff that makes them more powerful.

Saying that 120 MR makes you immune to root is probably not true, but the chance of it landing would be low. Toss a tash/malo on that and its an entirely different story.

What kind of stupid post is this dude. None of my posts say "after tash". Anybody that played a melee pre-luclin will tell you the same thing:

http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/9489/unled2sx.jpg

I sure hope wehrmacht gets the banhammer before this ever goes live, jesus christ you are annoying

Got a nice plot reserved for you next to the abacab corpse

http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/4481/asddex.png

Secrets
04-20-2011, 08:03 AM
http://i.imgur.com/To6ov.jpg

wehrmacht
04-20-2011, 08:11 AM
Secrets, we already discussed your philosophy on balance, you said that in a 2vs1 fight, the side with 2 should automatically win every time no matter how bad they are due to bringing more people. Please do not let secrets anywhere near the code for this box.

Koota
04-20-2011, 08:15 AM
^ mad

Secrets
04-20-2011, 08:28 AM
Please do not let secrets anywhere near the code for this box.

hahahahahahaha

Crazycloud
04-20-2011, 09:40 AM
Secrets, we already discussed your philosophy on balance, you said that in a 2vs1 fight, the side with 2 should automatically win every time no matter how bad they are due to bringing more people. Please do not let secrets anywhere near the code for this box.

I gotta agree with Wehrmacht here... if this is true (If secrets said this) this is not EQ classic at all. I thought the whole damn point of p99 was trying to make this as classic as you can?

People are thirsty for kills... it should take you effort to get your kills as it did in EQ live. Matter of fact people dieing less = better for the server population. You know how many people QUIT because 2-3 people roll up on this guy and he has decent gear and the first damn spell that lands is snare/root/stun and hes dead and couldn't do SHIT!!! then boom rage quit. I used to roll up on 3 people lvling on my ranger and try my best to use tactics (skill) to take them out 1v3. But if you guys want to make this a noob pvp zone where the most overpowered spells in the game (pvp wise) lands on you easily go ahead. I understand that the pvp resist system is HARD to code but this is how classic worked and I'm just trying to give GMs an idea on how it worked. Rangers was damn hard to play during that time and if i was getting rooted/snared/mezzed etc etc i would know. I played really defensively back in the days and just stacked MR to 80-100 and rolled around with my brother (who was a enchanter) to get people snared.

Secrets
04-20-2011, 09:45 AM
I gotta agree with Wehrmacht here... if this is true (If secrets said this) this is not EQ classic at all. I thought the whole damn point of p99 was trying to make this as classic as you can?

There's not even details on a classic pvp server and you are saying this?

Crazycloud
04-20-2011, 09:47 AM
I guess you missed my point.

Secrets
04-20-2011, 09:57 AM
I guess you missed my point.

I think you guys can make your point without saying I shouldn't work on the code. That's a low fucking blow, considering the work I did on a lot of things recently. Besides, it's not like i'd have creative control over the code. So yes, I did miss the point because it's invalid.

Crazycloud
04-20-2011, 10:01 AM
Maybe if you "read" my posts i have never said you shouldn't work on the code. Stop getting so defensively you cry to damn easy for everything.

So before you go spitting bull crap nonsense about me please reread my post. I agree'd with him in the sense that you shouldn't always lose a 2v1. Made it pretty damn clear below what I was talking about and ALSO stated i know its hard for GM's to code things. No where i said anything about you not working on anything.

I know you're a good coder i saw your damn work on FPvsQeynos and it was some good shit till you raged.

ooantipostoo
04-20-2011, 10:11 AM
I think you guys can make your point without saying I shouldn't work on the code. That's a low fucking blow, considering the work I did on a lot of things recently. Besides, it's not like i'd have creative control over the code. So yes, I did miss the point because it's invalid.

-Secrets I do appreciate the time you dedicate to development.

-Crazycloud your name sounds really familiar, you were a ranger on live right?

Crazycloud
04-20-2011, 10:17 AM
Yes =) who did you play on live!

Secrets
04-20-2011, 10:18 AM

ooantipostoo
04-20-2011, 10:59 AM
Yes =) who did you play on live!

I'm trying to remember when I saw you on live. I was playing a couple around the time I think I saw you. Brant shadowknight, raxilian bard, snail necro, jagalskar rogue.

Crazycloud
04-20-2011, 11:05 AM
jagalskar rogue comes to mind and maybe snail.

Abacab "The REAL truth"
04-20-2011, 02:00 PM
Got a nice plot reserved for you next to the abacab corpse

http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/4481/asddex.png

Lol

-Full NtoV+Pop armor ranger with near 1k AA's
-Full line of buffs HoV/SoE/Fo7/KEI/DS/etc.
-Outdoor zone

I could've had a 2.0 and still wouldn't have won that battle, since your MR was high enough to resist both drain soul and dispel magic multiple times, couldn't peel your sow, couldn't snare you to take off SoE, there is not much an un buffed SK can do when someone moves 3x as fast as he can. Plus you're playing a post-Luclin ranger which is like playing a manaburn wizard, you get a ton of kills but none are attributed to skill whatsoever because you're stacking resists and merely back peddling chucking arrow after arrow til' your target flees or drops.

Then you state in IRC "no one can beat me 1v1!" well no shit? I didn't know it would take mad skill to try and fight your ranger in zones like WK while you make yourself completely immune to spells/dispells...

This is the only reason he is advocating snare and root not work, he plays rangers and uses /autofire to kill targets instead of melee swings, making it so snare/root/stun/mez doesn't land ensures that he will completely shit stomp you with a ranger in any outdoor zone by simply back peddling because there is little potential for another hybrid or caster to catch up to him, and it would be impossible for any pure melee to fight him 1v1

pasi
04-20-2011, 02:08 PM
Secrets - any chance of a QvF box while we wait???

naez
04-20-2011, 02:13 PM
if someone is resisting lifetaps and dispell magics then that shit has a fucked up pvp system. even on live doing 65 pvp on my necro the mad tacvi twinks could be lifetapped

i think the worst part is that you guys have phat twinks on PEQ

Abacab "The REAL truth"
04-20-2011, 02:20 PM
if someone is resisting dispell magics then that shit has a fucked up pvp system

It was EQtitan which is basically a place where people 20 box encounters, prior to him even coming there he knew hitboxes were fucked and even when being on top of a target you wouldn't hit them, resists were jacked up -200 MR checks didn't mean anything.

I out geared him, but if I can't get in melee range and cover ground then the gear is completely useless. He had a choice to bring over his warrior or monk but then that would force him into melee combat against someone that has a 1.5 and major lifetap procs, he chose ranger to completely negate that fact and abuse AM3/EQ /autofire to get the win... I'm not mad I lost, but I am mad at the fact he thinks this is skill and no one can beat him in a 1v1 because of his ability to jack up resists and just autofire people to death, and it's obvious by the changes he is trying to advocate he's trying to give his preferred class a distinct advantage by removing every element that can stop a kite

tl;dr

Let's all play manaburn wizards, trueshotting rangers, and berserkers so we can just kill people by using AA cooldowns

wehrmacht
04-20-2011, 02:22 PM
This is the only reason he is advocating snare and root not work, he plays rangers and uses /autofire to kill targets instead of melee swings, making it so snare/root/stun/mez doesn't land ensures that he will completely shit stomp you with a ranger in any outdoor zone

lolz, I meleed you with 2h for at least 40 rounds and didn't even use trueshot or autofire, you can't joust with autofire running. Also, I didn't even use a bow on TZVZ. Ask Knuckle, Bandius, or that ranger from the mexican guild. Didn't shoot one single arrow in the ranger best of the best and won it.

http://www.nba.com/media/celtics/dee_brown_dunk400550.jpg

redghosthunter
04-20-2011, 04:53 PM

True , but the posts are funny due to the fact he annoys the hell out of a lot of people.

ooantipostoo
04-20-2011, 05:06 PM
True , but the posts are funny due to the fact he annoys the hell out of a lot of people.

The problem is he has the same issue Obama has, he thinks he's a good talker and presents it well but generally doesn't know Dick what he's talking about.

pasi
04-20-2011, 05:12 PM
Weren't SKs the kings of AA killing?

You had the 1.5 which meant you were 65, no? Touch of Innoruuk (the level 65 tap) had a -500mr check so it landed even on max'd resist players. Touch of Innoruuk him down to 75% then blow Unholy Aura Imp HT (again, unresistable) to kill him. SoE is also a lot slower than SK pony.

Crazycloud
04-20-2011, 05:19 PM
That worked on Live for sure Pasi... but these emu servers aren't built for pvp. So much is broken.

Smedy
04-20-2011, 05:22 PM
Hey CC, long time no see PAL

http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/2695/crazyclouddribblefail.jpg

Stick with wehrmacht, u guys dribble on a equal level

Abacab "The REAL truth"
04-20-2011, 05:24 PM
lolz, I meleed you with 2h for at least 40 rounds and didn't even use trueshot or autofire, you can't joust with autofire running. Also, I didn't even use a bow on TZVZ. Ask Knuckle, Bandius, or that ranger from the mexican guild. Didn't shoot one single arrow in the ranger best of the best and won it.

http://www.nba.com/media/celtics/dee_brown_dunk400550.jpg

40 rounds is like 30 seconds out of a 20 minute duel, 90% of that fight was heedless kiting... Also why would you joust when your bow hits for 800 and your melee swings were like 171?

Still the MAJORITY of that fight was running around lobbing arrows at me until I ran OOM and was at 15% life, so to say you wern't just abusing resist systems and weak hitboxes (which you, yourself said were terrible) and just chucking arrows 90% of the fight is just flat out wrong

Crazycloud
04-20-2011, 05:31 PM
Hey CC, long time no see PAL

http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/2695/crazyclouddribblefail.jpg

Stick with wehrmacht, u guys dribble on a equal level

I'm famous

redghosthunter
04-20-2011, 05:35 PM
Elves are known for there wonderful bows :) Elves are smaller, weaker, and less hearty then TRLs. Why would a Elf just trade blows?

wehrmacht
04-20-2011, 05:35 PM
http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/1826/missionaccomplishedq.jpg

ooantipostoo
04-20-2011, 05:55 PM
http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/1826/missionaccomplishedq.jpg

Easy 1 term hero.

wehrmacht
04-20-2011, 07:54 PM
http://img859.imageshack.us/img859/5271/unledib.jpg

Ruinous
04-20-2011, 10:59 PM

Would you be a pal and preface all of his posts with this chart? I feel as if some undue headaches might be avoided.

wehrmacht
04-20-2011, 11:05 PM
Would you be a pal and preface all of his posts with this chart? I feel as if some undue headaches might be avoided.

I'm like Gaddafi, unstoppable, the most you can do is cry to the UN for free shipments of rice that you can eat as you die.

Koota
04-21-2011, 12:06 AM
Everyone shitting on you yesterday morning has spawned some smug attitude. Shit getting to you?

nalkin
04-21-2011, 01:42 AM
When this pvp server comes out will someone teach me how to use showeq?

naez
04-21-2011, 01:47 AM
can you teach me how to paypal money to my business credit acct

naez
04-21-2011, 02:02 AM
//Lieka[Daxum] (Begin Edit): Mobs should not be able to buff or heal through walls. I don't give a shit what Rogean says it is on Live.
if(!checked_los)
{
if(!CheckLosFN(tar))
return(false); //cannot see target... therefore, we won't try to heal or buff it.
checked_los = true;
}
//Lieka(End Edit)

wehrmacht
04-21-2011, 02:20 AM
Everyone shitting on you yesterday morning has spawned some smug attitude. Shit getting to you?

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men

naez
04-21-2011, 02:22 AM
humans since the beginning of civilization have struggled against tyranny

Prince
04-21-2011, 02:34 AM
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f241/MattWBooze/obama-socialist.jpg

Null
04-21-2011, 02:46 AM
//Lieka[Daxum] (Begin Edit): Mobs should not be able to buff or heal through walls. I don't give a shit what Rogean says it is on Live.
if(!checked_los)
{
if(!CheckLosFN(tar))
return(false); //cannot see target... therefore, we won't try to heal or buff it.
checked_los = true;
}
//Lieka(End Edit)

oh Daxum, you so crazy...

naez
04-21-2011, 02:48 AM
i knew it wud take a fellow nerd to appreciate

nullvztz: im in charge of pvp balance
nullvztz: yur yur
naez: Jesus
nullvztz: I know right lol
naez: I was like going to hit you up to see if you needed help then I remembered lol 2ez
naez: http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/7100/etay.png
naez: 2ez
nullvztz: far out sir
nullvztz: who is this btw
naez: Naez Butt
nullvztz: ahh
naez: do you know Rancar?
nullvztz: am all up in your server, putting roots in ur pvp
naez: pff more like if (spell->isROOT()) return false
nullvztz: Rancar, he dev'd on VZTZ for a little bit aye?
naez: yes i am his padawan
naez: he works for the evil empire
nullvztz: if(spell->IsRoot() && strcmp(client->GetName(), "Wehrrmacht") == 0) { return true }
naez: genius
nullvztz: I was just going to make it outright kill him
naez: client->delete()

edit:

nullvztz: oh you dirty dog!
nullvztz: lol
naez: you kno me

Koota
04-21-2011, 06:57 AM
The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men

Cool Pulp Fiction quote bro. About as original and clever as your attempts with the photoshopped pictures for your last half dozen replies. You Bob Ross, you.

wehrmacht
04-21-2011, 08:04 AM
Cool Pulp Fiction quote bro. About as original and clever as your attempts with the photoshopped pictures for your last half dozen replies. You Bob Ross, you.

Sorry pal but I have no idea who the hell you are, I mean seriously, am I supposed to know you? lol. It's kind of weird having some angry, psychotic, weirdo stalk all of my posts just going full auto raging mad in every single one of them though. Get back on your meds or whatever you need to do. If I slept with your girlfriend or killed you in a PvP zone, just go ahead and say it so this mystery can be over with.

Ruinous
04-21-2011, 01:46 PM
Sorry pal but I have no idea who the hell you are, I mean seriously, am I supposed to know you? lol. It's kind of weird having some angry, psychotic, weirdo stalk all of my posts just going full auto raging mad in every single one of them though. Get back on your meds or whatever you need to do. If I slept with your girlfriend or killed you in a PvP zone, just go ahead and say it so this mystery can be over with.

It's not a conspiracy against you. You're just a fucking idiot in general and people have noticed.

Exhibit A - You're using Vanilla Ice in your sig and think it's cool....

naez
04-21-2011, 01:49 PM
Vanilla Ice was pretty cool he had the lightning bolts shaved into his head and ripped off Queen for his beats

Abacab "The REAL truth"
04-21-2011, 01:51 PM
Wehrmacht is a pretty cool guy. eh plays rangers and doesn't afraid of anything

Koota
04-21-2011, 04:59 PM
It's not a conspiracy against you. You're just a fucking idiot in general and people have noticed.

Don't flatter yourself brah

yaaaflow
04-21-2011, 05:46 PM
http://oi55.tinypic.com/you9t.jpg

Hasbinbad
04-21-2011, 07:18 PM
voted rng just because i don't like wermacht

Walk It Out
04-21-2011, 08:17 PM
doin it real, REAL big. timing double manaburns is nasty skill, flash lets do big things.

shocked btw, walk is a bad player on the box and turns out to be a bad player on eqlive. lol ftw

o man tryn to hurt my feelings, i havent played live in like 9 months but im willing to load up scrap if u feel like loading foxx, u can actually get both foxx and flasheng in the arena 2 v 1 like oldtimes and we will see who comes out ontop <3

wehrmacht
04-22-2011, 06:18 AM

Exhibit A - You're using Vanilla Ice in your sig and think it's cool....

So the mere sight of a wehrmacht post makes people raging mad, smashing their keyboards over their heads. That's pretty cool.

Koota
04-22-2011, 07:49 AM
o man tryn to hurt my feelings, i havent played live in like 9 months but im willing to load up scrap if u feel like loading foxx, u can actually get both foxx and flasheng in the arena 2 v 1 like oldtimes and we will see who comes out ontop <3

Wizards are broken now. And your disc allows you to essentially press one button, /stick with your MQ2, and it's a wrap.

Plus, I sold Flasheng.

SamwiseRed
03-26-2013, 09:21 PM
rip wehrmacht the prophet.

SamwiseRed
03-28-2013, 02:38 PM
good thread, would bump again

featuring null, secrets, walk getting called out, and much more

Heywood
03-28-2013, 11:12 PM
Why was Wehrmacht banned? broski was pretty cool on vztz.

Swyft
03-29-2013, 03:14 AM

So unlimited range AE's and mage earth pet's landing root MUCH better than players is your idea of classic, what game were you playing in 1999 because I assure you it wasn't Everquest.

Hangerbaby
03-29-2013, 02:29 PM
I don't know what the code on this server looks like, but I can tell you right now that VZTZ code virtually ignored resists, armor, etc.

When I worked a bit on the melee damage code, I found out that the calculation was using level number multiplied by weapon damage to calculate your damage ceiling... including crits.

Also, inside of the damage function, there was a random between 0 and max damage. So if you were wondering why you were a level 40 2hander warrior hitting for 2 damage, there's your answer.

I'd like the see the code for this server but I am not privileged :(

Swyft
03-29-2013, 02:37 PM
I don't know what the code on this server looks like, but I can tell you right now that VZTZ code virtually ignored resists, armor, etc.

When I worked a bit on the melee damage code, I found out that the calculation was using level number multiplied by weapon damage to calculate your damage ceiling... including crits.

Also, inside of the damage function, there was a random between 0 and max damage. So if you were wondering why you were a level 40 2hander warrior hitting for 2 damage, there's your answer.

I'd like the see the code for this server but I am not privileged :(

don't know why we'd be coding for Tallon and Vallon and not Sullon and Rallos which were always the most popular pvp server's.

Hangerbaby
03-29-2013, 02:39 PM
don't know why we'd be coding for Tallon and Vallon and not Sullon and Rallos which were always the most popular pvp server's.

The combat metrics would remain the same, I'm just recounting what I've experienced with eqemu code in the past. I'm saying that it should be no surprised to anyone that there is a lot of progress still left and needed to be made in this department.

But again, I'm not the authority ... and I don't know fk all about the code on p1999

Swyft
03-29-2013, 02:44 PM
The combat metrics would remain the same, I'm just recounting what I've experienced with eqemu code in the past. I'm saying that it should be no surprised to anyone that there is a lot of progress still left and needed to be made in this department.

But again, I'm not the authority ... and I don't know fk all about the code on p1999

The resist system was definitely nothing like this on Rallos or Sullon

255 was the ceiling for fire and cold with a 98% chance for full resist. Didn't get raised till end of luclin near pop release.

Hangerbaby
03-29-2013, 02:52 PM
I'm not super sure what that has to do with what I said, I was merely providing an anecdote of my experiences with eqemu code and how 'incomplete' it truly is. Rogean and crew are doing god's work here