PDA

View Full Version : Temporarily splitting Green?

Midoo
10-30-2019, 01:42 PM
The idea has been brought up before a few times I reckon but now that we've experienced how horridly clogged the game can be first hand people might consider changing their stance.

I mean, retail had several servers so the experience would be smooth and comfortable when new content is released, so how unclassic would it really be to split green into a few mini-servers for just a couple of weeks? At least until people leave the terrible bottleneck that is newbie zones and start to spread out evenly in Norrath? And after people get past that point we could merge all the game servers back into one Green.

Even with faster respawn rates you walk into Blackburrow and every rock on the ground has 6 people around it. It's abysmal and hectic and unforgiving for people who have lives and a job and families to care for. Trains left and right, mobs getting ninja'd and nuked two milliseconds after they respawn and people two or three levels higher than you holding a monopoly on every single mob in dungeons that aren't designed to hold that many people.

I legitimately want the best for this community and feel like classic zones in retail were not designed to handle the overload that is the P99 population all at once, so if you have an opposing opinion just don't crucify me.

Deathrydar
10-30-2019, 01:43 PM
I fully support this idea!

Gustoo
10-30-2019, 01:46 PM
I support but also kinda like the quagmire especially since i'm not getting to play.

Its going to level out in a week or two so, probably should just leave it alone.

Splitting it now nerfs the hard work the current top levelers put in.

quido
10-30-2019, 01:50 PM
No

Nirgon
10-30-2019, 01:51 PM
Cut this thread down with a combine two handed sword

Danger
10-30-2019, 01:53 PM
Cut this thread down with a combine two handed sword

loled

also staff polled the community on a secondary, temporary server to be merged at a later time and the result was no

Deathrydar
10-30-2019, 02:01 PM
Its going to level out in a week or two so, probably should just leave it alone.

No it will not. Blizzard thought the same thing when they only released a few servers at launch for classic WoW, then had to implement layering technology which ruined immersion.

They promised to have layering off before the release of the world bosses. They said it would be an easy "switch off" once the population "levels out" after a month or two.

Guess what? The world bosses were released last week and layering is still on because they severely underestimated the amount of people that want to play. It's now over 2 months since release and there is no relief in sight for the population!

I believe you, and anyone that thinks, that this population will "level out" in any short amount of time, are making a grave miscalculation that will come back to haunt everyone else!

Deathrydar
10-30-2019, 02:33 PM
To add:
There is absolutely no downside to a server split! It can be merged if need be later, as Rogean already stated.

No downside!

Danger
10-30-2019, 02:40 PM
Mark this down as not happening. No reason for staff to waste resources on this.

Deathrydar
10-30-2019, 02:46 PM
Mark this down as not happening. No reason for staff to waste resources on this.

The staff are the ones that actually offered to do this. Thanks for your input though.

Teppler
10-30-2019, 02:59 PM
I have some inside info that this might be happening.

Deathrydar
10-30-2019, 03:01 PM
If people had to start over again, I would say that it's not worth the split.
If the devs were skeptical that they could merge them back if need be, I would say that it's not worth the split.

But they can just take 50% of the players and put them on another server and, if needed, re-connect them back later on.

Not a big deal. Nothing but positives!

HOWEVER,
As I stated before, the time to do this was on Friday or Saturday. Now you run the risk of breaking up friendships.

Lonedrahon25
10-30-2019, 03:52 PM
Anyone ever thought that due to the overpopulation of zones is causing people to hang up green prematurely? IMHO if the servers were split like it was asked day one, Green's overall server(s) health would last longer. Again, my own personal opinion.

cd288
10-30-2019, 03:56 PM
No it will not. Blizzard thought the same thing when they only released a few servers at launch for classic WoW, then had to implement layering technology which ruined immersion.

They promised to have layering off before the release of the world bosses. They said it would be an easy "switch off" once the population "levels out" after a month or two.

Guess what? The world bosses were released last week and layering is still on because they severely underestimated the amount of people that want to play. It's now over 2 months since release and there is no relief in sight for the population!

I believe you, and anyone that thinks, that this population will "level out" in any short amount of time, are making a grave miscalculation that will come back to haunt everyone else!

A massively popular modern MMO like WoW putting out a Classic server, and the level of population and rate of population decline (or lack thereof), is not at all analogous to Project 1999 Green. It's not even close to being a similar situation. WoW has millions upon millions of people all wanting to play Classic.

P99 has somewhere between 2-2.5k at primetime currently. At least a few hundred of which fall into one of the following buckets: (i) people brand new to EQ and will leave when they decide they don't like the grind and generally old/outdated nature of the game, (ii) people who played EQ back in the day, but not since, who have come back to try it and will leave once the nostalgia wears off because they don't like the grind, (iii) people who have played on Blue in the past who are just hear to enjoy the initial weeks of a fresh launch who will eventually migrate back to Blue, and (iv) people who have played on Blue and will decide they don't like playing on a fresh server and will migrate back to Blue.

Let's say that once those people leave you settle in at 2k on Green at primetime. If you split that into two servers, all that's going to happen is you will create the same problem on Green that you have on Blue where the only places to consistently find a good number of XP groups are essentially CB, Highkeep, Unrest, Guk, Mistmoore and no one goes off the beaten path. That would defeat one of the big reasons many people are excited for Green, which is that higher population will mean more zones, dungeons, and camps are utilized. There's also no real reason for the merge once you get out of the first couple of levels; I have not had issues finding groups to join (in fact, it's easier than it's ever been on Blue because there are multiple XP groups going in pretty much every zone) nor have I had any issue finding spawns to kill if I want to solo (I haven't spent time trying to find a mob to kill since Saturday when I was level 3. Pretty much the only time I'm not killing something is when I'm medding, because it's so easy to find mobs).

If a server split was going to happen, the vote Rogean took the other day was the opportunity. The population will decline little by little over the next few weeks and eventually level out, so there won't be any desire from the staff to split it.

Danger
10-30-2019, 04:11 PM
The staff are the ones that actually offered to do this. Thanks for your input though.

staff already said they weren't gonna do this. a poll was conducted and the response from the community was no. no reason to waste the resources on something a handful of people want sweetie.

WaffleztheAndal
10-30-2019, 04:16 PM
No to a server split. Never split servers.

cd288
10-30-2019, 04:17 PM
staff already said they weren't gonna do this. a poll was conducted and the response from the community was no. no reason to waste the resources on something a handful of people want sweetie.

Yeah it's kind of funny. If the situation reversed, these people constantly whining about wanting Green to be split would be in here telling the people saying to to split it to stfu because the poll has already been taken.

The poll was conducted. The answer from the majority of the community was no. Maybe there will be another poll taken later. I doubt it, but maybe it will happen. Until then, all these posts are is spam. It was considered, and people voted it down. Inevitably some people were in the minority and din't get what they wanted. Deal with it.

Hagglebaron
10-30-2019, 04:19 PM
People voted no to a server split when Rogean polled. Splitting is a bad idea imo. The risk of high population is far better than the risk of low population.

Lonedrahon25
10-30-2019, 04:21 PM
IIRC correctly, Rogean said the vote was actually pretty even.

cd288
10-30-2019, 04:26 PM
IIRC correctly, Rogean said the vote was actually pretty even.

And clearly a majority voted no. Regardless of what the percentage was on each side, a vote was taken and the majority said no. If the pop is still high in a month or so, maybe they'll take another poll. Who knows.

But in the meantime, the majority of the server voted no and that is what it is. These posts from the minority who voted yes serve no point.

Midoo
10-30-2019, 04:27 PM
I can understand all the love for the impractical, exaggerated "hardcore" version of EQ but in 2019 variables are different and non-classic measures must be taken to ensure a smooth classic experience.

Good points were raised in this thread but I'd like to add some clarifications to my initial proposal:

I don't think it would be too technically challenging to split Green's population into equal parts depending on the time of creation of their character (first 500 since launch, second 500, third 500, etc..) and have character transfers available in case you and your friend created your characters too far apart for some reason.

But most importantly I'm only suggesting this split goes into effect for the time it takes most of the population to get past the "newbie yard" zones. Maybe just a few days up to a week, but for now it's a literal traffic jam.

Say you're a level 7 barb in Everfrost and you're desperate to squeeze a level in before you have to go to work in a few hours. Having 40 Barbarians in one Blackburrow and 40 in the Tundra area (and more constantly catching up to that point) makes it pretty much impossible to get anything done since these are the only places where you'll find any blue/white mobs.

From levels 1 to 10 your leveling options are extremely restricted, and there are no alternative ways "off the beaten path" of any kind. You can't explore since anything out of your zone cons red. All you have is the yard in front of your home city and maybe a dungeon if you're lucky that's fully camped 24/7 anyway.

But once you get past that point a lot of conventional (CB, HHK, Unrest, Guk, MM) and unconventional (Up to your imagination) ways of leveling up start to open to you and that's when I suggest realms could be merged.

At this point it's just Black Friday in videogame form, and as a Barbarian player I shudder to think of what Elf and Human zones must look like.

Sunderfury
10-30-2019, 04:28 PM
I think it is a valuable learning experience seeing what 2500 people do to a server, even with increased spawn rates. I think the classic way is key for Green 202X... determine areas that, for example, would instantly respawn mob A+B+C if all 3 were dead. Typical newbie zones, areas of the karanas, low level dungeons, etc.

This is not custom content, but classic. Instant respawns (with potentially variable spawn locs / holders to prevent exploits of neckbeards) can handle an even larger influx of population without the need for additional servers.

I would personally not like to see a split on current server.

Lonedrahon25
10-30-2019, 04:30 PM
And clearly a majority voted no. Regardless of what the percentage was on each side, a vote was taken and the majority said no. If the pop is still high in a month or so, maybe they'll take another poll. Who knows.

But in the meantime, the majority of the server voted no and that is what it is. These posts from the minority who voted yes serve no point.

Where was the vote at? Are you going by the player made one on the forums, or the broadcast that Rogean asked on opening night? Because he stated in the broadcast that the votes he was received via tell was pretty even split. I dont know where you're getting your information from that says Rogean is a liar. If you could kindly point me to where it does that may help your case here.

Deathrydar
10-30-2019, 04:40 PM
A massively popular modern MMO like WoW putting out a Classic server, and the level of population and rate of population decline (or lack thereof), is not at all analogous to Project 1999 Green. It's not even close to being a similar situation. WoW has millions upon millions of people all wanting to play Classic.

P99 has somewhere between 2-2.5k at primetime currently. At least a few hundred of which fall into one of the following buckets: (i) people brand new to EQ and will leave when they decide they don't like the grind and generally old/outdated nature of the game, (ii) people who played EQ back in the day, but not since, who have come back to try it and will leave once the nostalgia wears off because they don't like the grind, (iii) people who have played on Blue in the past who are just hear to enjoy the initial weeks of a fresh launch who will eventually migrate back to Blue, and (iv) people who have played on Blue and will decide they don't like playing on a fresh server and will migrate back to Blue.

Let's say that once those people leave you settle in at 2k on Green at primetime. If you split that into two servers, all that's going to happen is you will create the same problem on Green that you have on Blue where the only places to consistently find a good number of XP groups are essentially CB, Highkeep, Unrest, Guk, Mistmoore and no one goes off the beaten path. That would defeat one of the big reasons many people are excited for Green, which is that higher population will mean more zones, dungeons, and camps are utilized. There's also no real reason for the merge once you get out of the first couple of levels; I have not had issues finding groups to join (in fact, it's easier than it's ever been on Blue because there are multiple XP groups going in pretty much every zone) nor have I had any issue finding spawns to kill if I want to solo (I haven't spent time trying to find a mob to kill since Saturday when I was level 3. Pretty much the only time I'm not killing something is when I'm medding, because it's so easy to find mobs).

If a server split was going to happen, the vote Rogean took the other day was the opportunity. The population will decline little by little over the next few weeks and eventually level out, so there won't be any desire from the staff to split it.

I wasn't comparing P99 to Wow. That would be idiotic. I was simply stating that underestimating something can have long term effects. And allowing this many players in a game that wasn't even built for half of the amount of players logging on currently, will have long term negative effects!

Danger
10-30-2019, 04:41 PM
stop asking for a split. a split isn't going to happen.

Deathrydar
10-30-2019, 04:51 PM
And furthermore: All of you that are worried that the population will be too low later if there is a split are making zero sense!

If you do not split, many people (many have already) will leave and not come back. And even if it is over two servers, the merge will put the population back together again. Nothing like logging on when you have time and you can't get nothing accomplished because "some people" are worried that if you split the serer the population will get too low.

Not sure why I have to explain this but:

In 2 months if there are 500 players on green1 and 500 on green2, when they merge, there will be 1k.

Quite frustrating that anyone has an issue with a split. It makes no sense.

Gustoo
10-30-2019, 04:55 PM
Open up timeline pvp server.

problam salved. Based on Deathrydar's comments I think the community is demanding it.

I support you Deathrydar, open up p99 pink pvp

Lonedrahon25
10-30-2019, 04:57 PM
And furthermore: All of you that are worried that the population will be too low later if there is a split are making zero sense!

If you do not split, many people (many have already) will leave and not come back. And even if it is over two servers, the merge will put the population back together again. Nothing like logging on when you have time and you can't get nothing accomplished because "some people" are worried that if you split the serer the population will get too low.

In 2 months if there are 500 players on green1 and 500 on green2, when they merge, there will be 1k.

Quite frustrating that anyone has an issue with a split. It makes no sense.

Its as if people cannot read where it was stated that the servers could be MERGED back at a later time deemed appropriate by the Devs.

Gustoo
10-30-2019, 04:58 PM
Its as if people cannot read where it was stated that the servers could be MERGED back at a later time deemed appropriate by the Devs.

I don't think they plan on merging non PVP server with PVP server but still its a good thought.

Lonedrahon25
10-30-2019, 04:59 PM
I don't think they plan on merging non PVP server with PVP server but still its a good thought.

Always enjoy your appropriately timed comedic relief. Kudos.

WaffleztheAndal
10-30-2019, 05:08 PM
The time to split was Friday/Saturday. Didn't happen.

Move the thread to R&F imo.

Lonedrahon25
10-30-2019, 05:12 PM
The time to split was Friday/Saturday. Didn't happen.

Move the thread to R&F imo.

Hello newcomer. Welcome!

douglas1999
10-30-2019, 05:15 PM
It hasn't even been up a week yet. I play casually (3 hrs or less a day) and I got to level 10 without any special knowledge or obscure camps. Classic EQ is supposed to be a bit cut throat. They already increased spawn rates in newbie zones to compensate for this. I'd support possibly increasing them even more for a while, but NO to splitting the server. You might as well just advocate for instances. Instances were just temporary too! And everyone got a trophy derppp!

Lonedrahon25
10-30-2019, 05:16 PM
It hasn't even been up a week yet. I play casually (3 hrs or less a day) and I got to level 10 without any special knowledge or obscure camps. Classic EQ is supposed to be a bit cut throat. They already increased spawn rates in newbie zones to compensate for this. I'd support possibly increasing them even more for a while, but NO to splitting the server. You might as well just advocate for instances. Instances were just temporary too! And everyone got a trophy derppp!

I like trophies. Can i has one?

YendorLootmonkey
10-30-2019, 05:19 PM

Sure, as long as they cut drop rates of items and plat dropped by 50% until servers are merged

Lonedrahon25
10-30-2019, 05:19 PM
Sure, as long as they cut drop rates of items and plat dropped by 50% until servers are merged

Im down.

Deathrydar
10-30-2019, 05:22 PM

Why would you request this? Makes no sense. I am starting to doubt if anyone is even responding with serious replies any longer.

cd288
10-30-2019, 05:25 PM
Where was the vote at? Are you going by the player made one on the forums, or the broadcast that Rogean asked on opening night? Because he stated in the broadcast that the votes he was received via tell was pretty even split. I dont know where you're getting your information from that says Rogean is a liar. If you could kindly point me to where it does that may help your case here.

...? If the majority of the server had voted yes, we would've had a split. We don't have one, so clearly the majority voted no. "Pretty evenly split" can mean something as close as 51% vs 49%.

Lonedrahon25
10-30-2019, 05:26 PM
...? If the majority of the server had voted yes, we would've had a split. We don't have one, so clearly the majority voted no. "Pretty evenly split" can mean something as close as 51% vs 49%.

Do you read what you type before you hit enter?

cd288
10-30-2019, 05:26 PM
I am starting to doubt if anyone is even responding with serious replies any longer.

Probably because everyone is sick of seeing multiple split green threads after a vote was taken and a split was decided against for the time being based on that vote

Lonedrahon25
10-30-2019, 05:27 PM
Why would you request this? Makes no sense. I am starting to doubt if anyone is even responding with serious replies any longer.

No one is interested in having a constructive, meaningful conversation. Just neck bearding everywhere.

douglas1999
10-30-2019, 05:28 PM

Ultimately, splitting the server or doubling spawn rates is essentially the same thing. But a major part of classic everquest is the sense of cohesion and community, and server splitting and instancing wrecks that. Artificially increased spawn rates are not classic, granted, but at least everyone is still in the same boat with everyone else. The social aspect is crucial and I'm not eager to abandon it just because some stuff is hard during the first week of release.

Deathrydar
10-30-2019, 05:55 PM
Ultimately, splitting the server or doubling spawn rates is essentially the same thing. But a major part of classic everquest is the sense of cohesion and community, and server splitting and instancing wrecks that. Artificially increased spawn rates are not classic, granted, but at least everyone is still in the same boat with everyone else. The social aspect is crucial and I'm not eager to abandon it just because some stuff is hard during the first week of release.

WTH are you talking about? If you split in half right now there will still be 800 - 1000 players per server. What is going on here?

And "stuff won't be harder the first week". It will be worse when everyone only has a few zones to pile into (guk, sola) and they can't. not splitting the server will make the population lower than if you do. Not sure why no one sees that.

The higher in level the server gets, the worse this overpopulation issue will become. People are not going to drop off the first week or the first month, they will stay here and play, if they can play...

Which they cannot currently do. So they will leave.

cd288
10-30-2019, 05:59 PM
WTH are you talking about? If you split in half right now there will still be 800 - 1000 players per server. What is going on here?

And "stuff won't be harder the first week". It will be worse when everyone only has a few zones to pile into (guk, sola) and they can't. not splitting the server will make the population lower than if you do. Not sure why no one sees that.

The higher in level the serer gets, the worse this overpopulation issue will become. People are not going to drop off the first week or the first month, they will stay here and play, if they can play...

Which they cannot currently do. So they will leave.

Discussion is pointless. A vote was taken and the majority voted against a split. It’s the way it is. Sorry you were in the minority, but it is what it is.

Deathrydar
10-30-2019, 06:02 PM
Discussion is pointless. A vote was taken and the majority voted against a split. It’s the way it is. Sorry you were in the minority, but it is what it is.

No its not pointless. Rogean said they will revisit. And we do not know if the majority was against a split. that is just speculation on your part. It may have been that it was too close and instead of making a decision, he backed off to see if people would want the split later on.

Gustoo
10-30-2019, 06:06 PM
Dang man I dunno what to say right now. Is the problem that there aren't enough exp mobs on planet norrath for all the players trying to exp grind them right now?

I guess its valid. At this point I feel like they are unlikely to do a split because the poopsock 1x skelly spawn is going to slowly wind down and the people that suicided through this period will probably feel bad that their deep efforts get nerfed if they make it easier for everyone when they have had like 1 day to camp manabones.

cd288
10-30-2019, 06:29 PM
No its not pointless. Rogean said they will revisit. And we do not know if the majority was against a split. that is just speculation on your part. It may have been that it was too close and instead of making a decision, he backed off to see if people would want the split later on.

If you take a vote on something and then do/don't take a course of action based on the vote, it's pretty clear how the vote went.

And you're right, they said they may revisit it later. If they do, then at that time make all the threads you want discussing a split and lobbying for it. For the time being, there's no split, so deal with it until the question is raised by the staff again (if it is).

Purplefluffy
10-30-2019, 06:33 PM
Green has not been up long enough yet to get an idea of player load cycles.

Bannen
10-30-2019, 09:24 PM
This absolutely sucks. Split the server, if not a few times. Seriously... if you're just a normal person without a premade group or guild from blue, the experience of this server is horrible.

cd288
10-30-2019, 11:45 PM
This absolutely sucks. Split the server, if not a few times. Seriously... if you're just a normal person without a premade group or guild from blue, the experience of this server is horrible.

Examples? I played a couple hours tonight, joined a great fun group killing dervs, then went and soloed for about an hour and was able to find a job to kill within 10 seconds every time I stopped medding. Not seeing the issue.

YendorLootmonkey
10-30-2019, 11:49 PM

Because if you split the server and then merge it back, you have doubled the rate of entry of plat and loot drops into the system for that time period... so there's a bit more of a ramification than you let on. You'd have to halve the drop rates to maintain the integrity of the economy, but now that solution doesn't look so good, does it?

leewong
10-31-2019, 12:03 AM
Support two servers.

NegaStoat
10-31-2019, 12:33 AM
Because if you split the server and then merge it back, you have doubled the rate of entry of plat and loot drops into the system for that time period... so there's a bit more of a ramification than you let on. You'd have to halve the drop rates to maintain the integrity of the economy, but now that solution doesn't look so good, does it?

You're spot on. Having two /list sources of items being eventually merged back together means the 6 or 7 month window of those items being available might as well be tossed out as a restriction.

gundumbwing
10-31-2019, 01:28 AM
A lot of weird speculation being toted as fact in this thread.

Why even make arguments based on servers being merged when Rogean himself said they don't know anymore if they are gonna merge green into blue or not? Time will tell. Just like the staff doesn't know if they need to make any changes to the current system via further increasing the spawns rates or even opening up a new server, to which they said was a possibility, or anything else because again time will tell.

Also, while polls are a relevant source of information to (possibly if the staff wants), make a decision based on said poll, it's not a 100% guarantee. I think we all know that Rogean and Co does what they want in many situations regardless of popular opinion because it's their sandbox.

Yea green kinda sucks right now. Low levels are amazing in my experience as a level 7 SK Troll (don't judge me and my obscene EXP penalty). But I have heard from multiple friends that 20+ can be an absolute nightmare as soon as leveling spots start dwindling and be mostly dominated by pet classes controlling everything level relevant in their range.

But the most important aspect of it all is we don't know what will happen in the future. But I'm positive the staff is watching and will make changes when absolutely necessary, regardless of a poll that didn't have a clear majority.

TL;DR - play or don't play based on population. Staff will do what they think is best, not what the beard on your neck thinks is the right call.

Khikik
10-31-2019, 02:05 AM
The butter is not spread over the bread equally. All of the butter starts at a few select spots on the bread, and then slowly spreads out, however the choices of the butter knife are not seeking equilibrium, the butter knife spreading the butter is erratic and chaotic and sometimes chooses to clog around certain areas of the bread as if by some kind of fatal attraction

Now I want some toast...mmmm toast

gundumbwing
10-31-2019, 02:08 AM
The butter is not spread over the bread equally. All of the butter starts at a few select spots on the bread, and then slowly spreads out, however the choices of the butter knife are not seeking equilibrium, the butter knife spreading the butter is erratic and chaotic and sometimes chooses to clog around certain areas of the bread as if by some kind of fatal attraction

Now I want some toast...mmmm toast

Sounds like some fine artisan garlic toast, perfect next to a plate of spaghetti.

zodium
10-31-2019, 02:09 AM

Why even make arguments based on servers being merged when Rogean himself said they don't know anymore if they are gonna merge green into blue or not? Time will tell. Just like the staff doesn't know if they need to make any changes to the current system via further increasing the spawns rates or even opening up a new server, to which they said was a possibility, or anything else because again time will tell.

Also, while polls are a relevant source of information to (possibly if the staff wants), make a decision based on said poll, it's not a 100% guarantee. I think we all know that Rogean and Co does what they want in many situations regardless of popular opinion because it's their sandbox.

Yea green kinda sucks right now. Low levels are amazing in my experience as a level 7 SK Troll (don't judge me and my obscene EXP penalty). But I have heard from multiple friends that 20+ can be an absolute nightmare as soon as leveling spots start dwindling and be mostly dominated by pet classes controlling everything level relevant in their range.

But the most important aspect of it all is we don't know what will happen in the future. But I'm positive the staff is watching and will make changes when absolutely necessary, regardless of a poll that didn't have a clear majority.

TL;DR - play or don't play based on population. Staff will do what they think is best, not what the beard on your neck thinks is the right call.

this is what vanilla was really like and while i'm having an absolute blast, that's because I planned an extensive adventure loop around foreknowledge of what vanilla was really like. and that will come to an end when I reach a certain level. in actual vanilla, everyone who wasn't an OP class spent a lot of LFG time begging for pity and/or mercy. get used to it.

imo having the poll while the bulk of people were still playing with spawn time reduction was wrong, at least methodologically. whatever results were gathered doesn't reflect vanilla. either the spawn time reduction system needs to be applied universally, or a split is necessary. the correct move is to apply spawn time reduction universally rather than split because it's fun to have a packed server.

Swish
10-31-2019, 03:07 AM
I'm not starting green again so soon, good luck to those that want to do that :p

gundumbwing
10-31-2019, 05:58 AM
this is what vanilla was really like and while i'm having an absolute blast, that's because I planned an extensive adventure loop around foreknowledge of what vanilla was really like. and that will come to an end when I reach a certain level. in actual vanilla, everyone who wasn't an OP class spent a lot of LFG time begging for pity and/or mercy. get used to it.

imo having the poll while the bulk of people were still playing with spawn time reduction was wrong, at least methodologically. whatever results were gathered doesn't reflect vanilla. either the spawn time reduction system needs to be applied universally, or a split is necessary. the correct move is to apply spawn time reduction universally rather than split because it's fun to have a packed server.

Gotta call incorrect and rose tinted glasses on this one.

I did play during vanilla launch and a newbie zone wasn't packed with 350 players sitting in a single exact spot waiting for that mob to spawn.

Hint - there wasn't a single sever on original live during launch week that had 2k+ active players that knew all the in and outs of EQ

Vivix
10-31-2019, 07:16 AM
Pretty sure the community was split 50/50 and the staff were the ones that decided no.

cd288
10-31-2019, 08:30 AM

I think you misunderstood the commenters merging comment. They weren’t talking about merging green and blue, they were talking about the effect of creating two greens and then eventually merging them together.

astuce999
10-31-2019, 11:36 AM

This is the first logical argument against a server split that isn't tainted by an agenda. I think it would only come true if there is a time-based forced merge, instead of a population-based potential merger.

If they split the server and say that no matter what happens in 6 months they merge, then yes, you will have a doubling of available loot/money than normal, and there will be certain undesired consequences.

But if they split the server and say that they will only merge back if the population dwindles enough, then the issue is greatly mitigated as a lot of items/money will not make it back in circulation as those people who own them have stopped playing.

thanks,

Astuce

Baler
10-31-2019, 11:37 AM
My friend is on server 1 and I'm forced to play on server 2 :(

zodium
10-31-2019, 12:26 PM
Gotta call incorrect and rose tinted glasses on this one.

I did play during vanilla launch and a newbie zone wasn't packed with 350 players sitting in a single exact spot waiting for that mob to spawn.

Hint - there wasn't a single sever on original live during launch week that had 2k+ active players that knew all the in and outs of EQ

we are saying the same thing, you are just saying it harder. that's cool. i like that. our chakras are aligned: vanilla was a badly designed game, intended for--shot from the hip here, guesstimating class and level distributions--maybe 800 to 1000 people per server tops.

cd288
10-31-2019, 12:39 PM
This is the first logical argument against a server split that isn't tainted by an agenda. I think it would only come true if there is a time-based forced merge, instead of a population-based potential merger.

If they split the server and say that no matter what happens in 6 months they merge, then yes, you will have a doubling of available loot/money than normal, and there will be certain undesired consequences.

But if they split the server and say that they will only merge back if the population dwindles enough, then the issue is greatly mitigated as a lot of items/money will not make it back in circulation as those people who own them have stopped playing.

thanks,

Astuce

True, but technically you couldn't even mitigate the issue by merging if the population dwindles enough unless you completely wiped characters who hadn't played in X period of time. If you split Green, the pop dwindles, and then you merge it again you could easily see an influx of people coming back to their characters now that the servers are merged and the population is viable enough to play. Then the issue is still in existence.

astuce999
10-31-2019, 01:07 PM
True, but technically you couldn't even mitigate the issue by merging if the population dwindles enough unless you completely wiped characters who hadn't played in X period of time. If you split Green, the pop dwindles, and then you merge it again you could easily see an influx of people coming back to their characters now that the servers are merged and the population is viable enough to play. Then the issue is still in existence.

I think we're saying the same thing, which is why I said mitigated and not eliminated. However impactful it can end up being, I believe we can both agree it's not going to be a true 2:1 ratio, correct?

My personal opinion is that classic EQ is such a great game that there's enough current population to split it to 4 servers and that there won't be a need to merge any of them until at least a couple of years after velious, and by then the impact will be near nil.

I'd be very curious to see stats on how many 'unique' accounts have logged into green so far; I suspect that the sustained 2600ish players at once gives a false impression of the actual interest, which I would speculate is likely closer to 4000.

The classic solution to overpopulation was more servers, it was not an increased spawn rate and lists. Within the spirit of this project, I'm on the right side of history :)

Astuce

zodium
10-31-2019, 01:45 PM
The classic solution to overpopulation was more servers, it was not an increased spawn rate and lists. Within the spirit of this project, I'm on the right side of history :)

the classic solution was to abandon the classic model, as it was not viable at the population scale everquest ended up on

cd288
10-31-2019, 01:55 PM
I think we're saying the same thing, which is why I said mitigated and not eliminated. However impactful it can end up being, I believe we can both agree it's not going to be a true 2:1 ratio, correct?

My personal opinion is that classic EQ is such a great game that there's enough current population to split it to 4 servers and that there won't be a need to merge any of them until at least a couple of years after velious, and by then the impact will be near nil.

I'd be very curious to see stats on how many 'unique' accounts have logged into green so far; I suspect that the sustained 2600ish players at once gives a false impression of the actual interest, which I would speculate is likely closer to 4000.

Astuce

IMO, unique accounts isn't really relevant to the decision of whether or not to split the server. All that matters is what the population is consistently at. Around 7:30 PM eastern time last night it was just barely over 2k, which IMO is not sufficient to requrie a server split. You can have 4,000 accounts that have logged into the server at one point or another, but that has nothing to do with the averag active population at any given time.

Personally, I'm not sure where the concern is coming from; beyond the level 1-4 content, I have had zero issue finding groups or mobs to kill (I can find one within seconds of finishing medding) and that includes being in zones with 50+ people in them all XPing.

Skosh
10-31-2019, 05:32 PM
The real issue as previously mentioned will be when folks reach the 24-40 level range and start packing the zones for those levels as well as bottom feeding the lower end for cash. Kunark zones aren't available - it's just the same old basic zones. Weekend prime time hours will be hellish.

Nilstoniakrath
10-31-2019, 06:09 PM
Pretty sure the community was split 50/50 and the staff were the ones that decided no.

Lots of misunderstanding on this in this thread. The poll was split 50/50 and Rogean said that the staff would not make any changes in light of no clear mandate and that they may revisit the issue again.

Obviously, those who forumquest are against, and overrepresented here. That doesn't mean that is the opinion of the community as a whole.

Myself, there are pros and cons to both and I don't have a strong opinion either way.

Deathrydar
11-01-2019, 06:34 AM
Lots of misunderstanding on this in this thread. The poll was split 50/50 and Rogean said that the staff would not make any changes in light of no clear mandate and that they may revisit the issue again.

Obviously, those who forumquest are against, and overrepresented here. That doesn't mean that is the opinion of the community as a whole.

Myself, there are pros and cons to both and I don't have a strong opinion either way.

What are the cons? No one has been able to clearly state a con to a split yet.

Hagglebaron
11-01-2019, 06:46 AM
What are the cons? No one has been able to clearly state a con to a split yet.

Inflated economy
Splitting up friends
Resources of staff split even further
Relatively unpopular decision (50:50 I guess the poll was?)
Server staff in this thread have voiced being against it

Deathrydar
11-01-2019, 06:53 AM
Inflated economy Your assumption, not a fact.
Splitting up friends Wouldn't happen. An assumption, not a fact. The could easily ask which players want to move and then move friends and guilds together.
Resources of staff split even further False. Rogean said it was no problem, nor a strain on their resources.
Relatively unpopular decision (50:50 I guess the poll was?) Not a fact, that is your assumption. We have no information on that and it is not a con. You are basing this off of the toxic players on this forum, and that's not a good reference!
Server staff in this thread have voiced being against it[/QUOTE] I cannot argue with this only because it's in the eye of the beholder. But at best, it's your belief!

Gustoo
11-01-2019, 08:07 AM
If hagglebaron the most honorable and respected gnome in all of norrath is against it you should just forget it. He is the actual president of antonica with Max ally on all factions from grob to halas and in between.

Khorza
11-01-2019, 08:16 AM
Server hasn't even been out a week and the population is pretty stable.

There's lots of people but I've never felt like there's so many that I can't possibly progress.

If you were going to have 2 servers, the time for that would have been at launch with a quick merger in a week or two. Not now.

I voted no on opening night because I knew things would clear up within a day or two, but could understand the people who voted yes. I can't really understand people who want a server split now. I'm not sure what you're trying to get out of the game, a solo experience where every mob in the game is readily available?

Deathrydar
11-01-2019, 08:29 AM
Server hasn't even been out a week and the population is pretty stable.

There's lots of people but I've never felt like there's so many that I can't possibly progress.

If you were going to have 2 servers, the time for that would have been at launch with a quick merger in a week or two. Not now.

I voted no on opening night because I knew things would clear up within a day or two, but could understand the people who voted yes. I can't really understand people who want a server split now. I'm not sure what you're trying to get out of the game, a solo experience where every mob in the game is readily available?

I love the "I am okay, so everything is fine." Meanwhile, players cannot find a group or a spawn to save their lives. But yeah, it will clear up. smh

Question for you: Where do you plan to level up once you hit level 25 or so?

Khorza
11-01-2019, 08:30 AM
I absolutely do not believe that there are so many players 25+ that you can't find a mob to kill.

That's ridiculous, cmon dude. That's like <1% of the server population. You don't need a new server. Try harder.

Deathrydar
11-01-2019, 08:31 AM
I absolutely do not believe that there are so many players 25+ that you can't find a mob to kill.

That's ridiculous, cmon dude.

That was not where I was going with this, not what I said, nor was that my question...

The assumptions here are mind blowing.

Where do you plan to level up once you hit level 25 or so? Assume that I already know the answer and have a point!

Khorza
11-01-2019, 08:51 AM
If you had a point you would have just stated it.

Things are competitive yet fine in the mid teens.

By the mid 20s people will have spread out a lot more, and there's more hunting areas in the game.

players cannot find a group or a spawn to save their lives.

Every night this week I've found a group within 30 minutes of logging in after work. Usually within like 10 minutes. Gained a level+ in all of them.

Deathrydar
11-01-2019, 08:52 AM
If you had a point you would have just stated it.

Things are competitive yet fine in the mid teens.

By the mid 20s people will have spread out a lot more, and there's more hunting areas in the game.

Every night this week I've found a group within 30 minutes of logging in after work. Usually within like 10 minutes. Gained a level+ in all of them.

Again, because YOU are okay, there is no problem, right?

smh

There are less places to go the higher you get. How many people can you fit in Guk/Sola/b?

Hagglebaron
11-01-2019, 09:04 AM
If hagglebaron the most honorable and respected gnome in all of norrath is against it you should just forget it. He is the actual president of antonica with Max ally on all factions from grob to halas and in between.

You are too kind sir!

zodium
11-01-2019, 09:05 AM

vanilla does not work this way

it works the opposite way

Deathrydar
11-01-2019, 09:09 AM

Which was the point I wanted to make that he backed out of answering.

But he is not experiencing issues, so screw everyone else that is.

Khorza
11-01-2019, 09:43 AM
Again, because YOU are okay, there is no problem, right?
smh

Yes... because I'm a person playing on the server, just like everyone else. I'm having the same experiences that other people are having. Is there any logical reason that my opinion should be disregarded, or are you just basing that on whether someone agrees with you or not?

What's most likely is that people aren't putting much time or effort into finding a group, or they're going to the wrong zones, or they're a less desirable class like a hybrid. There's a bunch of factors, but a new server isn't going to fix any of them.

There are less places to go the higher you get. How many people can you fit in Guk/Sola/b?

Yeah, we couldn't possibly fit a bunch of players into Guk, it's only the largest dungeon in the game.

Sol A is huge too. You can fit a group at the entrance, at predator, at bar, at king, at kindle, at captain/efreeti, at the elementals, there's at least 3 spots where you could camp gnomes and you could probably fit a random group or two or some soloers around the spots that don't have any nameds spawn near them. So you're looking at 60+ people easily there, which we may never even reach considering that Unrest gets about 40-50 at prime time right now and less people will make it to their 20s, and there's a lot more options for places to go in the 20s.

In fact 25 is probably the worst level that you could have focused on. Just about every zone in the game has stuff to kill around that level range. Things only start to get restrictive in your upper 40s when you really only have stuff like LGuk, SolB, guards, and some other various stuff to exp on. Lower levels are very restricting too, but the player base is moving past those levels now.

Mid 20s has like... Splitpaw, SolA, Cazic Thule, Runnyeye, Mistmoore, Highkeep, Permafrost, Najena, could even do the Shin Lord camp in Upper Guk. That's just about every dungeon in the game. And then you have most of the decent outdoor zones too like South Karana.

It's the one level range in vanilla EQ where you're overwhelmed with potential places to exp.

You know people have no argument when they start spouting cryptic bs like this which conveys literally zero information.

Deathrydar
11-01-2019, 09:50 AM
You know people have no argument when they start spouting cryptic bs like this which conveys literally zero information.

That's because the statement speaks for itself and no information is required ;)

But you're a lost cause that only cares about themselves and therefore, there are no issues so, it's pointless to carry a conversation on with you.

Khorza
11-01-2019, 09:55 AM
But you're a lost cause that only cares about themselves and therefore, there are no issues so, it's pointless to carry a conversation on with you.

How does my argument suggest that I only care about myself? How does not opening a new server benefit me, but not benefit you? Are you even taking 1 second to think about the crazy stuff you're saying?

Oh I see, you can't actually respond to any of the points I made (because they're logically valid, and yours are not) so you're just going to call me a moron and say the conversation's over.

Classic P99 forum discussion.

Deathrydar
11-01-2019, 09:56 AM
Oh I see, you can't actually respond to any of the points I made (because they're logically valid, and yours are not) so you're just going to call me a moron and say the conversation's over.

Classic P99 forum discussion.

You are set in your ways so it would be pointless and a waste of my time. You actually believe that the dungeons you mentioned will be able to hold 1.5-2k players. There is no talking sense into someone that thinks like that so I move on to have intelligent debates that make sense. You know what they say about arguing with an idiot?

Khorza
11-01-2019, 10:00 AM
Because I don't understand how a logical person arrives at the same conclusions you do. Nobody but you actually believes that P99 Green will get to a point where there are 2000 people simultaneously in dungeons. That's about 200 people per dungeon. Current low level dungeons might get into the 50s at prime time.

That would require the current server population to spontaneously skyrocket to 8000+ active players.

Everything you have to say is ridiculous and easily proven illogical, so no one is going to take any of this seriously.

This entire thread is a giant cryfest because you wanted to camp a gnoll or something and it was taken by someone else already. Then nearly 10 pages of spinning in circles and grasping at straws in an attempt to justify said cryfest.

If you cry enough, maybe the GMs will keep making new servers until you can finally camp your gnoll. To the detriment of thousands of other players. But you got your gnoll bro.

Deathrydar
11-01-2019, 10:03 AM
Because I don't understand how a logical person arrives at the same conclusions you do. Nobody but you actually believes that P99 Green will get to a point where there are 2000 people simultaneously in dungeons. That's about 200 people per dungeon. Current low level dungeons might get into the 50s at prime time.

That would require the current server population to spontaneously skyrocket to 8000+ active players.

Everything you have to say is ridiculous and easily proven illogical, so no one is going to take any of this seriously.

More unintelligent assumptions. I never said or lead anyone to believe that. I will try to explain this to you, although past experiences are leading me to believe that I am wasting my time. At prime time, there are 2.2k players on green. Let's say for arguments sake, the mass amount of players that are the same level and there are 1,000 of them.

Where do those 1,000 players go once they level up to 25 or so? Your responses haven't answered that, they have just blown smoke.

This isn't difficult......think about it. The garbage that you posted is inaccurate! 1,000 players.....where do they go?

I'm sure your answer will be something about that you have no issues finding a group, yada, yada, yada.

Deathrydar
11-01-2019, 10:07 AM
This entire thread is a giant cryfest because you wanted to camp a gnoll or something and it was taken by someone else already. Then nearly 10 pages of spinning in circles and grasping at straws in an attempt to justify said cryfest.

And to this point, this is where you really show your idiotic tendency. Take a second to look at some information and read my signature; I am a necro, I do not need a group. I am talking about the other people, as someone has to look out for them. I am talking about the tanks that ask me to group with them because they can't find a group. You know things are bad when that happens! I'm talking about the players that log off in frustration because they log on for 2 hours and can't find a single spawn.

This has absolutely NOTHING to do with me! I am just fine! Thanks for asking though! I am looking out for the players that do not waste their times on these toxic forums and just disappear forever in frustration.

Nirgon
11-01-2019, 10:16 AM
The people who want to split green just want to kill it

Don't fall for this shit

zodium
11-01-2019, 10:25 AM

it's not cryptic to anyone who played vanilla

anyway don't split green but do normalize spawn times to 800-1000 people

Khorza
11-01-2019, 10:48 AM
Where do those 1,000 players go once they level up to 25 or so? Your responses haven't answered that, they have just blown smoke.

Is this real life? Now I'm convinced that you're just trolling at this point because I just answered this by literally listing the zones where you can hunt at level 25 a couple posts above:

Mid 20s has like... Splitpaw, SolA, Cazic Thule, Runnyeye, Mistmoore, Highkeep, Permafrost, Najena, could even do the Shin Lord camp in Upper Guk. That's just about every dungeon in the game. And then you have most of the decent outdoor zones too like South Karana.

It's the one level range in vanilla EQ where you're overwhelmed with potential places to exp.

Instead of just yelling the same stuff over and over, how about you actually read and respond to the counterpoints?

If you think the mid 20s are going to be a problem all I can assume is that you're very new to the game. So just relax, play the game, and enjoy yourself. Everything is going to be okay.

it's not cryptic to anyone who played vanilla

anyway don't split green but do normalize spawn times to 800-1000 people

It doesn't make sense to anyone because you used the most vague language possible. Vanilla EQ works "the opposite way" of people spreading out as their level ranges spread out? So 2000 level 1s have less competition then an equal distribution of players across all level ranges? It's simply how numbers work, it has nothing to do it with it being EQ or not. Again, if you believe this, you're either trolling or don't know much about the game.

Deathrydar
11-01-2019, 10:55 AM
It doesn't make sense to anyone because you used the most vague language possible. Vanilla EQ works "the opposite way" of people spreading out as their level ranges spread out? So 2000 level 1s have less competition then an equal distribution of players across all level ranges? It's simply how numbers work, it has nothing to do it with it being EQ or not. Again, if you believe this, you're either trolling or don't know much about the game.

Lol...wow. I'm done. I can't anymore....

Khorza
11-01-2019, 10:59 AM
Lol...wow. I'm done.

You were done pages ago because you know this request is ridiculous and you have no points to support it besides "I want it regardless of whether it harms the project or not."

Gustoo
11-01-2019, 11:07 AM
He means that once people are level 50 there are only like 3 places to level up on classic eq, which is correct.

We are dealing with a super wonderful problem that we may have actual overpopulation of people focused on getting to level 50. Classic didn't have this problem, because people spent weeks trying to find their guild master in faydwer before falling to their death and then spent days trying to find their dead body before giving up on it and rolling a new character to go and find their guild master.

Classic replica problems.

Staff is currently working on a system to wipe the EQ memory (but not the addiction) from all vintage players so that they can start the experience not knowing how to play just like they used to. I think patch v902 will implement this but I'm not totally sure.

Khorza
11-01-2019, 11:27 AM
He means that once people are level 50 there are only like 3 places to level up on classic eq, which is correct.

I don't think he ever mentioned leveling at 50 but that's even more ridiculous since it's a year away and you have Lower Guk, Sol B, guards, various NPCs, plus the entire continent to Kunark to exp in. Call me crazy but I don't think we should launch a new server now just because we might have some overpopulation a year from now in Kunark (we won't).

If you meant 40-50, I already mentioned this is probably the most restrictive level range in the game. But the nice thing about EQ is that the primary focus isn't just hitting max level to raid, so you're going to have the entire player base leveling up at all kinds of different rates. Some people will take a year to get to 20, some people will be 40 in a couple of weeks. This natural spreading of the population will provide a consistent flow of players into the high level hunting areas until they reach 50 and exit the leveling experience.

It's difficult to predict what the populations will be in Lower Guk and Sol B in a few months, but I don't think there's a strong argument for launching a new server now just because a couple dungeons might get a little too full for a few weeks.

zodium
11-01-2019, 11:59 AM
lol ok

YendorLootmonkey
11-01-2019, 12:12 PM
Not to be sexist in this age of #metoo, but if you can't find a group on Green, it is your own fault for not roleplaying a scantily-clad wood elf or dark elf female using a whip for a weapon, and who also happens to be a sex-starved, flirty 21-year-old woman in real life who also happens to be recovering from breast augmentation surgery and doesn't have a microphone.

Pander to your audience, people.

cd288
11-01-2019, 12:21 PM
More unintelligent assumptions. I never said or lead anyone to believe that. I will try to explain this to you, although past experiences are leading me to believe that I am wasting my time. At prime time, there are 2.2k players on green. Let's say for arguments sake, the mass amount of players that are the same level and there are 1,000 of them.

This isn't difficult......think about it. The garbage that you posted is inaccurate! 1,000 players.....where do they go?

I'm sure your answer will be something about that you have no issues finding a group, yada, yada, yada.

At prime time last night it was barely over 2k.

At any rate, you're the only person who is claiming it's tough to find spawns at this point. All of those complaints seem to have gone away as players have spread out. I haven't had a single issue finding a group or spawn since launch day. TBH, I've actually never had an EASIER time EXPing because, since the population is on the higher side, I can find a group at all times on my characters that can't efficiently solo lol. I'm honestly legitimately confused how you're having a hard time finding things to kill and/or finding groups. What zones are you currently trying to level in?

cd288
11-01-2019, 12:24 PM
I don't think he ever mentioned leveling at 50 but that's even more ridiculous since it's a year away and you have Lower Guk, Sol B, guards, various NPCs, plus the entire continent to Kunark to exp in. Call me crazy but I don't think we should launch a new server now just because we might have some overpopulation a year from now in Kunark (we won't).

If you meant 40-50, I already mentioned this is probably the most restrictive level range in the game. But the nice thing about EQ is that the primary focus isn't just hitting max level to raid, so you're going to have the entire player base leveling up at all kinds of different rates. Some people will take a year to get to 20, some people will be 40 in a couple of weeks. This natural spreading of the population will provide a consistent flow of players into the high level hunting areas until they reach 50 and exit the leveling experience.

It's difficult to predict what the populations will be in Lower Guk and Sol B in a few months, but I don't think there's a strong argument for launching a new server now just because a couple dungeons might get a little too full for a few weeks.

Yeah I agree the whole "well when two thousand people are 45 in X months, it will be crowded" has zero relevance right now. Like the staff said, they could consider taking another poll in the future if needed. Right now, the population is actually a positive since all over Norrath you can find groups and now that people are spread out it's easy to find mobs everywhere to solo too. If, in however many months we still have two thousand people and everyone is level 45-50 and it's causing problems, then we can reconsider a server split then.

There's literally no reason to split a server because you think there might
be problems months down the road at end game. Wait until we get there and then decide. If, as Deathrydar has claimed, it's so easy just to split the servers then there should be no issue with waiting to see what happens since we can easily solve the problem if one arises in the later levels.

Deathrydar
11-01-2019, 12:25 PM
At prime time last night it was barely over 2k.

At any rate, you're the only person who is claiming it's tough to find spawns at this point.

I'll correct this for you: I am the only one on these forums that claims that. Clearly you do not understand that no much of the actual population frequent these forums, and that's a good thing too. We do not need the majority of the server's population subjected to people like you!

cd288
11-01-2019, 12:29 PM
I'll correct this for you: I am the only one on these forums that claims that. Clearly you do not understand that no much of the actual population frequent these forums, and that's a good thing too. We do not need the majority of the server's population subjected to people like you!

Currently active users in the middle of the day on the forums: ~550

Total members of the forums: 131,482

Active members of the forums: 10,340

Hmm....something about your statement doesn't add up there boss

Deathrydar
11-01-2019, 12:29 PM
Currently active users in the middle of the day on the forums: ~550

Total members of the forums: 131,482

Active members of the forums: 10,340

Hmm....something about your statement doesn't add up there boss

I'm just gonna leave this here.......unbelievable.

cd288
11-01-2019, 12:54 PM
I'm just gonna leave this here.......unbelievable.

Lol. So you try and make an argument based on nothing. Are shown facts to disprove said argument and then try and like verbally roll your eyes? The forums have more "active" members than the average prime time population of all 3 servers combined lol

No one is complaining about population anymore because it's not currently an issue. Where are you trying to XP that you think population is a problem? What zone(s)? What level are your characters currently?

If population size becomes an issue once the majority of the server hits level 45-50 in a few months, I'm sure the staff will consider running another poll. However, by then maybe it also won't be an issue because people will have decided they don't want to go through the EQ grind. Right now though, everyone is so spread out that it's not really an issue, but if you think it is provide some examples of what you're experiencing.

cd288
11-01-2019, 07:21 PM
7:20 eastern on a Friday and 1900 online

kotton05
11-01-2019, 10:43 PM
teal

solleks
11-01-2019, 10:58 PM
VOTED YES FROM THE STAAAART

NegaStoat
11-01-2019, 11:19 PM
Lol Teal. Start your engines and dual box with a toon on Green + Teal. You thought the healer was always AFK in your group? You ain't seen nothin' yet.

Vidar
11-01-2019, 11:26 PM
A second green server is not a smart move.

Tethler
11-01-2019, 11:29 PM
A second green server is not a smart move.

The Teal announcement post says they will merge back together if populations drop.

Vidar
11-01-2019, 11:33 PM
mark my (and whoever else is saying it) words.

Bazia
11-01-2019, 11:37 PM
its getting too convoluted they should leave it one server

WaffleztheAndal
11-01-2019, 11:41 PM
The Teal announcement post says they will merge back together if populations drop.

Yes and bring double the items and plat with it...

Tethler
11-02-2019, 12:34 AM
Yes and bring double the items and plat with it...

Because the economy on blue is pristine already, amirite? This will not matter at all in the grand scheme of things.

WaffleztheAndal
11-02-2019, 12:39 AM
Because the economy on blue is pristine already, amirite? This will not matter at all in the grand scheme of things.

Blue's economy is an abomination.

cd288
11-02-2019, 01:55 AM
Well now that settles it. Going back to Blue full time if they’re splitting servers lol

Swish
11-02-2019, 02:00 AM
Well now that settles it. Going back to Blue full time if they’re splitting servers lol

Ask the tunnel fat cats for a pixel package, they need you.

zodium
11-02-2019, 02:03 AM
Want to play on a "classic" server that has 2x the number of drops like Manastone merged back into one server? Totally classic!

Devs should leave this thing alone. It is perfect right now. Culmination of 10 years.

wow the guy furiously fighting more content is a manastone wisher, weird

Bannen
11-02-2019, 03:10 AM

See ya

Midoo
11-02-2019, 05:27 AM
I TOLD YOU ALL

YOU DIDN'T LISTEN

"GREEN WILL NEVER BE SPLIT"

ROGEAN TOOK AN AXE AND SPLIT GREEN IN HALF

Ketsa
11-02-2019, 05:39 AM
The need for instances is so obvious...

Baler
11-02-2019, 06:12 AM
ROGEAN TOOK AN AXE AND SPLIT GREEN IN HALF

I made this image back in 2014 but never used it. :)

https://i.imgur.com/7aGLPE4.png

eqarigon
11-02-2019, 09:28 AM
I think everything would of been fine in a couple more weeks after the starting herd thinned out to other zones. People would of been leveling at difference paces, starting alt toons so on and so forth. I was most excited about the server population....Should of just increased the timers in starting zones for a few weeks at the very most.

Deathrydar
11-02-2019, 09:36 AM
I think everything would of been fine in a couple more weeks after the starting herd thinned out to other zones. People would of been leveling at difference paces, starting alt toons so on and so forth. I was most excited about the server population....Should of just increased the timers in starting zones for a few weeks at the very most.

The starter zones are no longer the issue and were, that was the easy part and the most anyone would have been spread out. It would have gotten progressively worse as time went on and everyone leveled up at the same time and were in the same 2 or 3 zones.

cd288
11-02-2019, 11:38 AM
The starter zones are no longer the issue and were, that was the easy part and the most anyone would have been spread out. It would have gotten progressively worse as time went on and everyone leveled up at the same time and were in the same 2 or 3 zones.

You never told us what level your characters are and what specific zones you were having issues in

jolanar
11-02-2019, 11:43 AM

This. The real problem is going to be Sol B and Lower Guk.

Haghar
11-02-2019, 12:00 PM
This thread aged like milk.

jolanar
11-02-2019, 12:23 PM
This thread aged like milk.

Mmmmmm... cheeese.