PDA

View Full Version : The lore of Guk and Trolls

Danger
10-31-2019, 01:31 PM
https://i.imgur.com/etPjRZY.png

So lore-wise we know the Ogres were cursed into being the stupid lumbering oafs we know and love but IDK anything about the origin of the Trolls. While in Guk I noticed this wall art which looks like Trolls wearing Egyptian-like clothing. Did the Trolls originally build Guk? Were they Kangz at one point?

Baler
10-31-2019, 01:46 PM
Trolls built guk and frogloks ran them out of it.

ChairmanMauzer
10-31-2019, 02:00 PM
https://everquest.fandom.com/wiki/Guk_Lore

Baler
10-31-2019, 02:20 PM
I have this app on android that has all the eq lore.
everquest little book of lore
it has the lore about guk

edit: the link ChairmanMauzer is it.

Gustoo
10-31-2019, 02:25 PM
cool

tsuchang
10-31-2019, 02:27 PM
It's hard for trolls to get around in there. Did they grow after they built it. Or is it cuz they are so, unintelligent, that they built it too small for them?

Danger
10-31-2019, 02:30 PM
It's hard for trolls to get around in there. Did they grow after they built it. Or is it cuz they are so, unintelligent, that they built it too small for them?

good point

And they went from being pharohs n shiet to naked living in a hole?

SOMETHINGS NOT ADDING UP HERE

Dolalin
10-31-2019, 03:04 PM
Guk was a troll city. Trolls built it and trolls lived there under the warlord Ykesha. All the art and design and such is troll.

Frogs invaded, drove the trolls out, and then found the curse of Ykesha waiting for them down below.

Axlrose
10-31-2019, 04:30 PM
In a similar vein to how did the massive trolls fit within the small confines of Guk, the various pathways coursing through the Feerrott do not seem "fit" for ogres, but more for the various lizards throughout the area and the nearby Cazic Thule temple. Yet Oggok is the main city, ogre sized.

loramin
10-31-2019, 04:50 PM

I have visions of the Trolls telling their city-building slaves "just build it, me no want answer questions!" ... and then a few years later the Trolls discover that they built the city "slave-sized", and a whole lot of slaves wind up being brutally murdered.

Baler
10-31-2019, 05:43 PM
I have visions of the Trolls telling their city-building slaves "just build it, me no want answer questions!" ... and then a few years later the Trolls discover that they built the city "slave-sized", and a whole lot of slaves wind up being brutally murdered.

HAHAHA that's so troll

Muggens
11-01-2019, 12:01 AM
I have this app on android that has all the eq lore.
everquest little book of lore
it has the lore about guk

edit: the link ChairmanMauzer is it.

I need this app on my phone, instantly searched for it, but it seems to have disappeared from the app store! GAH!

saftbudet
11-01-2019, 02:41 AM
Trolls built guk and frogloks ran them out of it.

why did the trolls make so small rooms, some rooms you can hardly get a troll into.

Dolalin
11-01-2019, 03:17 AM
In a similar vein to how did the massive trolls fit within the small confines of Guk, the various pathways coursing through the Feerrott do not seem "fit" for ogres, but more for the various lizards throughout the area and the nearby Cazic Thule temple. Yet Oggok is the main city, ogre sized.

The game models were changed between when these zones and artwork were built, and release. That's the simplest answer. The zone designers working in silos might also be part of it.

TomisFeline
11-01-2019, 04:16 AM

fits the lore

also explains another reason why the trolls lost their city to the frogloks, who could traverse the tunnels with ease.

adds up. make it canon.

solleks
11-01-2019, 08:29 AM
virtues have been signaled

getlostgreg
11-01-2019, 09:27 AM
In other news, so apparently there was a Froglok hero named Hoptor Thaggelum who drove the Trolls from their city of Guk, but he was cursed by a Troll Shaman / Innoruuk and forced to raise and army of undead frogloks as The Ghoul Lord.

EQ did the Lich King first.

The Lich Toad.

https://i.imgur.com/c95HccB.png

Found this leak from the first custom content patch of P99.

WRATH of the LICH TOAD

Benanov
11-01-2019, 10:10 AM
virtues have been signaled

DMN
11-01-2019, 05:53 PM
I find you can safely ignore the opinion of anyone who uses the word "cuck" unironically.

Which would include you, then. Doh!

In any event, apologies for my abrasive demeanor earlier. A mix of alcohol and other drugs put my already limited patience in abeyance. My one better angel couldn't stop me from passing out before I softened the language a bit.

Wonkie
11-01-2019, 08:18 PM
In any event, apologies for my abrasive demeanor earlier.

ZiggyTheMuss
11-01-2019, 10:29 PM
I found the millennial cuck who will die a virgin still praying the pussy fairy eventually floats into his basement.

Eyyyyy! How are your injuries coming along you human shart? How bout you go for a ride on the motorcycle again and leave your helmet at home this time?

DMN
11-02-2019, 11:52 AM
Eyyyyy! How are your injuries coming along you human shart? How bout you go for a ride on the motorcycle again and leave your helmet at home this time?

You could cut off ever appendage I have and I'd still be ten times the man you will ever be, and even before I even left preschool.

Llandris
11-02-2019, 11:59 AM
Can you nerds try not to ruin every thread you post in

Lulz Sect
11-02-2019, 12:03 PM
we were kings

Asteria
12-09-2019, 07:29 AM
Can you nerds try not to ruin every thread you post in