PDA

View Full Version : Blue Family Discord?

Lhord99
11-04-2019, 01:10 PM
"LFG - level 1.5/60 Discordian with a lotta heart and nottalotta smart"

Looks like we're actually a 'community' now, which has it's perks and setbacks (obviously). The sooner we admit that, the sooner we get back to having fun!

[Perks] Like many of you, I've been having some fantastic experiences lvling alts and raiding on Blue these last few days, and I want to keep that momentum going... Kinda like combining forces at the bar when you see another group of buds having a good time, and you want to turn that train into a "word of mouf" all-nighter pub crawl.

[Setbacks] Like every EQ server ever (sans Firiona Vie for obvious reasons), we know that the Night will eventually come to a close. But, we can extend the hyjinx as long as we're having fun!

I know p99 already has their discord server, but not everyone uses it for anything other than shitposting, server status updates and EC Tunnel. I know guilds also have their own niche 'general' chats... that's not helpful when we've got a decade of competition amongst ourselves...

...I'm thinking something without separate channels. Or, maybe, a channel for 50+ folk, and one for 1-50 folk. Either one would just be one long, real-time feed that is curated (spammers and shitposters get the boot), and, ideally, becomes a jumping-off point for us (Dads/Moms/BusyRL/Sane-people that don't have time to re-roll on G/T) to keep having these good times on a server with opportunities that have now presented themselves.

Interested in making this, but my skills are limited. Anyone wanna team up?

It could blow up, or implode. Either-or, I'm interested in trying.

---

Also "2 ships passing in the night" shoutout: The lvl 5 and 6 newbie magician/necro pet gang in Steamfont was so much fun before the server shut-down happened [Teal]. I have some gear for you guys that I wanted to hand ya - we talked about our kids, and it was fun. Get at me and I'll see what I have in my bags for you two =).

Baler
11-04-2019, 02:29 PM
Technically they could setup a bot that would allow users to set their own role as class/level
Then have alerts for when someone does a lfg or lfm of a specific type.
Or even allow users to sign up for specific alerts.

Could have worded that better but I think yall get my point.
But that would require someone trustworthy to setup for the p99 discord.

Lhord99
11-04-2019, 04:12 PM
Technically they could setup a bot that would allow users to set their own role as class/level
Then have alerts for when someone does a lfg or lfm of a specific type.
Or even allow users to sign up for specific alerts.

Could have worded that better but I think yall get my point.
But that would require someone trustworthy to setup for the p99 discord.

Yeah, I definitely hear that. I didn't even know you could do that on Disc, lmao, but it sounds like a solid suggestion!

Again, I'm really just a filthy casual with 15% RA on most of my guild's raids, so I'm not SUPER well-known around the server outside the dad-crowd and a few of the solid buddies I've made over the last 6 years or so. I'm probably not 'that man' to be solely in charge, but if anyone has any desire to team up on this... I'm your guy!