PDA

View Full Version : Custom content? Blue raiding needs to be instanced

Crede
11-05-2019, 03:18 PM
Now that Green/Teal are out and the classic cycle is set, I'd like to see the staff start focusing on custom Blue content that has been mentioned on many occasions. I'm proposing that the 3 most desirable raid zones should be made instanced: VP, ToV, and ST(Reset sleeper).

There should be no reason why everyone can't experience this content at this point. If you want hardcore competition, go to Green/Teal. You'll have several years of poopsocking before it starts all over again. Leave Blue to focus on obtaining pixels without having to neckbeard, but if you still really want to there will be mobs on Blue left for competition.

Looking forward to seeing this implemented, I'm open to potentially adding more instanced zones but those 3 are a good start.

Thank you P99 staff.

loramin
11-05-2019, 03:26 PM
You might want to rethink your timing: trying to make an argument for instancing when a server is at the lowest population it's been in years is maybe not ideal.

(And to be clear, if you check my post history you'll see that I am VERY MUCH not in favor of the current, incredibly unclassic, raid scene. But there are many possible ways to solve that problem, and you're making the argument for your pet one at the worst possible time you could make it.)

tylidian
11-05-2019, 03:26 PM
/agree with instancing. Blue isn't the leveling playground anymore, it's the raiding server. Let's make it a bit more conducive to real life.

Crede
11-05-2019, 03:37 PM
You might want to rethink your timing: trying to make an argument for instancing when a server is at the lowest population it's been in years is maybe not ideal.

(And to be clear, if you check my post history you'll see that I am VERY MUCH not in favor of the current, incredibly unclassic, raid scene. But there are many possible ways to solve that problem, and you're making the argument for your pet one at the worst possible time you could make it.)

Raid Population will rise with instances. People can plan their schedule around raids and have access to more pixels. Live sucked in many ways but instances were one of the few redeeming qualities. Didn’t have to devote random hours to get end game loot.

pogs4ever
11-05-2019, 03:52 PM
rotation/instance 2020.

Kerwin 5.0
11-05-2019, 05:30 PM
naw

Daldaen
11-05-2019, 05:39 PM
Set respawn on all raid mobs down to 2-4 hours. Let nerds raid at schedules times and not worry about tracking windows ever again.

Also it would make Vulak an actual challenge, having to clear from Aaryonar back to Lady Nev and Vulak in under 4 hours, would be a very classic experience.

foxchris509
11-05-2019, 05:42 PM
What would really be nice is more earthquakes, atleast back to the 2 a month we used to have. Another cool idea would be to remove the 16 hour spawn time variance on raid mobs.

Oldschoolplayer
11-05-2019, 06:59 PM
Yeah the shortened window timer sounds classic too. But yeah I think trying new things out is a good idea

jazzman_so_fresh
11-05-2019, 07:00 PM
I'm currently bored when it isn't repop day. I would enjoy having targets spread out.

I also would enjoy not needing to track for 16h, or to be logged into a wake-up channel to get a mob (which I've only done once, and won't again)

commongood
11-06-2019, 02:17 AM
They say blue might get “classic inspired” custom content. Instanced content is about as far away from classic as it gets.

Tobius
11-13-2019, 03:07 PM
If the pop has dropped since green surely there is less need for instances then there was before?

Honestly I'd just remove bottlenecks to epics like green and white scales, add dye quests etc.

El-Hefe
11-13-2019, 03:17 PM
I’m gonna say Blue needs ponies and a new zone line from West Commonlands to the Barrens in classic WoW.

Lhord99
11-13-2019, 04:31 PM
Blue is fun AF right now. Killed a mob i never knew existed yesterday - HElf GM/Questgiver that drops Ghoulbane 100% - SK epic getting GOT with fun, fun, fun.

Molitoth
11-13-2019, 06:49 PM
add dye quests etc.

YESSSS!