PDA

View Full Version : Boxing Rules/IP Exemption

Xorekle
11-13-2019, 02:22 AM
My friend and I play together, all the time; buff each other, group together, etc. He's coming to visit for like a week in December near Christmas.

Do I need to request an IP exemption for that week? Because technically, that week we'll be on the same IP; and I don't want either of us to get banned because we decided to fire up one of our favorite games.

Swish
11-13-2019, 02:29 AM
You won't get banned, you just won't be able to log both in on the same connection.

An IP exemption will do it, just fill out the forum in the petition section and you'll be safe....proceed with caution if he "steps out to the store for 5 minutes" and a box check just happens to happen at the wrong time.

Also proceed with caution after December, especially if one of you just happens to be able to port or buff - and temptation to quickly log the second account in is too much :p

Krone90
11-13-2019, 03:53 AM
You won't get banned, you just won't be able to log both in on the same connection.

An IP exemption will do it, just fill out the forum in the petition section and you'll be safe....proceed with caution if he "steps out to the store for 5 minutes" and a box check just happens to happen at the wrong time.

Also proceed with caution after December, especially if one of you just happens to be able to port or buff - and temptation to quickly log the second account in is too much :pme and my necro brother group alot..... just dont do auto follow ever.....and if ever afk i think it safer to just log out if your afk,,, but then agian we are both necros and almost 7 levels apart lol i love it more then him.... i tried to get him addicted lol

stebbins99
11-13-2019, 11:10 AM
There's nothing wrong with auto-follow-- just don't box! If you're auto-following but have both people at their respective PCs, you're fine

Baler
11-13-2019, 11:34 AM
I'd like to just add.. If you are breaking the rules. It doesn't matter if it's your "favorite game"