PDA

View Full Version : HEY, whatdya guys think of?

notahipster
04-21-2011, 01:28 PM
I propose my pvp server idea.

An Alliance based pvp server. +8 , -8 .
Yes its been heard before.
But i thought of some interesting team ideas, that still go hand
in hand with game lore enough to give the pvp server a roleplaying
aspect, without feeling like your a fairy.

These teams i thought best represented Eq / Ad&d lore.

Lawful/Good Team. (Holy Palidians, Clerics, Druids, Rangers )

-Dwarfs
-High Elfs
-Wood Elfs

Hunting grounds to include:

-Crushbone
-Dagnors Cauldron
-Unrest
-Butcherblock
-Gfay
-Kedge Keep

Neutral/Good Team (magicians, Rouges, Bards)

-Gnomes
-Half Elfs

-Steamfont
-Lesser Faydark
-Mistmoor
-Minotaur Caves
-Karana when wizzys cant port.

Neutral / Neutral Team: (Almost All)

-Humans
-Haflings

-Commanlands
-North/ South Ro
-Kithicor forrest
-befallen

Neutral/Chaotic Team: (enchanters,wizards,shamans,)

-Erudites
-Barbarians

-Blackburrow
-Everfrost
-Everfrost peaks
-Karana

Evil/Chaotic Team: (Warriors, Shadowknights)

-Dark Elfs
-Ogres
-Trolls

-lavastorm
-oasis of marr
-nektulos forrest
-najena

Evil/Evil: (Necros, Monks)

Iksar

-kunark

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Humans would have the possibility, and perhaps innitative to make them buy being able
to at start join any team, if its relative to their religon/class.

Haflings xp bonus will make them very popular so they can team with remaining humans
have the ease of navigating that section of the world. Humans that remain teaming with
haflings would incur there increased xp for race as further initative.
(humans might not be popular without some slight boost)

The pvp system would be set up by guild. From birth you are in your alliance unless your
a human. Freeport is a mecca / babylon like city, open to all races / classes / religons
Pvp is not open in Freeport. Neutral / Neutral humans will start in Rivervale.

Iksar will team alone of course.

All factions will start out neutral towards each other, but develop based on game play,
pre determined factions, camp disputes, etc.

Tell me what you guys think. I dont want this game to be like WoW. Humans Vs Orc

Im not 5, cowboys and indians, cops and robbers, pimps and hoes isnt fun any more.
However 5, different factions interesting and well thought out could make for some
complexly fun, and highly entertaining side server, at least to TEST, see how it runs.

(:

Prince
04-21-2011, 01:32 PM
dum

notahipster
04-21-2011, 01:34 PM
Yes im aware i put 5 factions and there are 6

Lawful/Good
Neutral/Good
Neutral/Neutral
Neutral/Chaotic
Evil/Chaotic
Evil/Evil

Didnt consider iksar a faction by itself but i correct myself.

Vile
04-21-2011, 02:22 PM
http://moesucks.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/turrible.jpg

Jigga
04-21-2011, 02:27 PM
option 5: dum

youareahipster

Devil
04-21-2011, 02:27 PM
At least your idea makes sense to some extent. More than I can say about the majority of these dumb mother fuckers.

Anyway it doesn't matter. Who's making the server again? Do they listen/care about your ideas at all? NAH.

notahipster
04-21-2011, 04:30 PM
thanks man.
i dont come online to start petty arguments with people.
i thought it was a good idea.

Haul
04-21-2011, 04:36 PM
Have seen much worse ideas come up recently. I prefer oldschool ffa though, above all-

Hasbinbad
04-21-2011, 07:20 PM
ffa >

Stylez
04-21-2011, 08:24 PM
FFA pvp, Maybe level range of 4 or 8.

Envious
04-21-2011, 09:04 PM
Why was there not an option for "Complete shit idea"?

Cause thats what this is. Go play D&D. Oh btw, I didnt read the OP.

Terpuntine
04-21-2011, 10:17 PM
FFA +/- 8

Anything with teams will be dum

Foxx
04-21-2011, 11:29 PM
no level range, and teams broken down into whites / midgets / blacks / elves

human, ogre, barbarian

half elf, high elf, wood elf

troll, erudite, dark elf

halfling, dwarf and gnome

Ennoia
04-22-2011, 04:46 AM
Why is there no option for 'that's the dumbest fucking suggestion that anyone has came up with'?

wehrmacht
04-22-2011, 05:17 AM
Why is there no option for 'that's the dumbest fucking suggestion that anyone has came up with'?

LOL. Yea, this idea is just plain god awful for a few reasons. Even with a population of 7000 active players, it was not enough to create 3 viable teams on Sullon Zek. On your average blue server where people aren't even divided up into teams, the amount of hardcore players, playing the necessary classes is only enough to create like one uber guild and one half ass guild.

If you want teams, the only safe bet is two. Anything more dilutes the player base too much.

Danien
04-22-2011, 07:47 AM
LOL. Yea, this idea is just plain god awful for a few reasons. Even with a population of 7000 active players, it was not enough to create 3 viable teams on Sullon Zek. On your average blue server where people aren't even divided up into teams, the amount of hardcore players, playing the necessary classes is only enough to create like one uber guild and one half ass guild.

If you want teams, the only safe bet is two. Anything more dilutes the player base too much.

Speak for yourself, I enjoyed the three-team system. I played on the Good team for a few years and then a while on the Neutral side and both had its charm. Doing small things as the underdog can be very enjoyable, if you expect that two teams will cause a much more balanced environment I don't follow your logic.

As for the suggestion itself I don't care about the lore, nor do I think the PvP-Community in general will either. And having six teams divides the player-base way too much.

I would prefer three teams, because mainly because I don't think it would divide the playerbase too much and if one team is starting to run away in power (Which is very likely to happen) it gives the other two teams an opportunity to double-team them. Then again if live taught us anything that is not what happened, but who remembers that...

Envious
04-22-2011, 07:48 AM

Three teams worked on Tallon. Nobody cares about Sullon except the rejects that had to go there because they couldnt make it on the real PvP servers.

Envious
04-22-2011, 07:49 AM
The real problem with 3 teams, is that darks dont get bards / druids (omg fuk no resists), evils get necros, and nobody played neuts so it didnt matter.

Envious
04-22-2011, 07:49 AM
And they were not hard coded... so you ended up with immune healing etc etc etc.

Koota
04-22-2011, 07:51 AM
FFA +/- 8

Danien
04-22-2011, 07:57 AM
The real problem with 3 teams, is that darks dont get bards / druids (omg fuk no resists), evils dont get necros, and nobody played neuts so it didnt matter.

You don't HAVE to limit race/class combos. Infact it's quite possible to just make a player choose a team after character-creation, without limitations. And no I'm not talking about ogre clerics here....

Release all Race/Class Diety-combos and the problems will solve itself, and if you people whine about the RP-aspect; Would you really call FFA a better solution?

wehrmacht
04-22-2011, 08:01 AM
if you expect that two teams will cause a much more balanced environment I don't follow your logic.

if one team is starting to run away in power (Which is very likely to happen) it gives the other two teams an opportunity to double-team them.

You debunked your own post.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that with two teams, the balance of power between them is likely to be more similar than with three.

notahipster
04-22-2011, 10:02 AM
see, i can live with a bad post that can explain itself.
and i agree your right, teams would only have a few dozen ppl prolly and be
spread too thin. a buddy and i thought the teams were balanced but thanks.

still really hype about whatever they decide to do.

people who mass down rate every post i have to piss me off i dont care.

its kinda hard to get pissed when i get laid.
and assuming you have time to cause drama (mind you a game is supposed to take your mind away from that. you prolly haven't been in years.

you better hope for a pvp server, because raping your fellow man-nerd ass if about as close as your going to get. so i guess i can grant an exemption to your unexplained bitterness?

Devil
04-22-2011, 11:50 AM
what year is the pvp server launching again? i forgot. like 2016-17? gives us plenty of time to get our eq3 and eq4 fixes

Dojii
04-22-2011, 11:59 AM
people who mass down rate every post i have to piss me off i dont care.

One thing you will learn quickly is that PVP continues on the forums as well. But in this case, since this is a new forum, and place for trolls to troll, PVP begins here for P99 red. READY SET GO

Blingx
04-22-2011, 07:20 PM
FFA +8/-8, 1 item loot(-bags/contents, -weapons in hand/range, -no drop) + all currency on corpse

JayDee
04-22-2011, 07:34 PM
http://moesucks.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/turrible.jpg

i lol'd

Envious
04-22-2011, 07:40 PM
You don't HAVE to limit race/class combos. Infact it's quite possible to just make a player choose a team after character-creation, without limitations. And no I'm not talking about ogre clerics here....

Release all Race/Class Diety-combos and the problems will solve itself, and if you people whine about the RP-aspect; Would you really call FFA a better solution?

I am aware. If this was the case I would be ok with it. But you would have 80% of the pop playing the dark / evil team. Which would allow Bombfist to be hardcore like he wants and play a light char.

georgie
04-22-2011, 10:09 PM
once again teams i dont really have a problem with...but editing the already created good vs evil is dumbing it down even more. just let it be ffa.. or good vs evil. we dont have to come up with even more ideas to add. just let it be simple. its a simple game..and its been fun that way

Danien
04-23-2011, 08:58 AM
You debunked your own post.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that with two teams, the balance of power between them is likely to be more similar than with three.

That's not what I'm saying at all, I'm saying that with three teams it could potentially allow for a more dynamic approach to balancing the team, ie;

During period one the strength between teams are estimated as;

Team 1: 45%
Team 2: 30%
Team 3: 25%

Therefor maybe team 2 and 3 wont be as aggressive towards one another as they would be towards team 1. X months expires and y events happen (Mainguild on team1 disbands etc) and now the powerdistribution is the following;

Team 1: 30%
Team 2: 50%
Team 3: 20%

Now team 1 and 3 may start work together more against team 2 etc...

Though this may be wishful thinking I'd rather allow the possibility of these kinds of shifts in power occurring rather then making it two teams where one potentially just rapes the other.