PDA

View Full Version : Blue Beyond: The Scars of Velious

dallasdirty
11-24-2019, 09:25 AM
Just curious, with the pop taking a huge dive in light of Green/Teal will there ever be a beyond Blue?
Maybe a Purple?
One that ventures through Luclin as a Vah Shir Beastlord & introduces mounts and takes us to the the portal points in the PoK - something also for he higher end players.
Just a thought - slow releases to the PoP would be awesome - @ least IMO

Tilien
11-24-2019, 09:30 AM
I don't think they've officially announced anything about either Blue or Green since Teal's release and from the rumors I've heard they're most interested in catering to the hardcore raiders on Green and less interested in preserving Blue.

dallasdirty
11-24-2019, 09:34 AM
I know there are other progression servers available for EQ but I'd like to see something from this team - I think it would pull some from those other servers outside P99

Sagus
11-24-2019, 10:23 AM
From my understanding their legal agreement with Daybreak states they will never go beyond Velious, and even if they could I don't think they want to. I like Luclin and all the way to Omens but that's what other servers are for.

Teddie1056
11-24-2019, 12:02 PM
Luclin is pure bootyhole.

Babizul
11-24-2019, 12:25 PM
Instead of asking for more content on blue why are you not playing on the two new servers that they planned on making to begin with?

Semli
11-24-2019, 01:08 PM
Instead of asking for more content on blue why are you not playing on the two new servers that they planned on making to begin with?

I’m not the OP, but my guess would be because those two new servers are the exact opposite of what he’s asking for. Old content done twice more, rather than any new content.

Videri
11-24-2019, 05:34 PM
From my understanding their legal agreement with Daybreak states they will never go beyond Velious

Was there ever a source for this? I think it's just a rumor. The agreement itself is not public.

That said,

I don't think they want to.

The staff here have said over and over again they don't like Luclin and don't want to do it.

However, if you want Luclin, try The Al'Kabor Project. Smaller population, but a great community.

azeth
11-24-2019, 08:00 PM
Luclin would be so fun. Ill never understand why it gets so much shit

foxchris509
11-24-2019, 08:23 PM
Luclin is awesome, the AAs bring so much more depth and customization to your character. It really rounds out the game. Some really awesome zones and raids to with great gear to be had. The focus effects on items are another great addition. People just hate the new models and I think that's where most of the dislike comes from. But you can just use the old ones lmao. Mounts are fun to especially if you made them really rare, it would be a status symbol on p99 since there is no item shop like on live.

jolanar
11-24-2019, 08:55 PM
Mounts are an abomination in EQ.

foxchris509
11-24-2019, 09:12 PM
Mounts are an abomination in EQ.

Why?

Mercius
11-24-2019, 09:59 PM
luclin's pure trash for many reasons, thank god staff recognizes that and does not waste resources

cd288
11-24-2019, 10:44 PM
Was there ever a source for this? I think it's just a rumor. The agreement itself is not public.

That said,

The staff here have said over and over again they don't like Luclin and don't want to do it.

However, if you want Luclin, try The Al'Kabor Project. Smaller population, but a great community.

I wouldn’t be surprised if it had some sort of clause like that to be honest. P99 through Velious is fine in Daybreaks eyes but I’m sure it would be another thing if they were making full on progression servers that compete with the TLPs

Videri
11-25-2019, 01:47 AM
I wouldn’t be surprised if it had some sort of clause like that to be honest. P99 through Velious is fine in Daybreaks eyes but I’m sure it would be another thing if they were making full on progression servers that compete with the TLPs

I see the logic because P99 is better than Live, but...with all due respect, fellow forum denizen, that isn't a citation. I (and hopefully reasonable forum lurkers) will not believe such a thing unless someone links to a quote or something.

El-Hefe
11-25-2019, 02:10 AM
Luclin is pure bootyhole.

Videri
11-25-2019, 02:34 AM
Folks, "will Luclin ever come?" is a perennial post here on P99 forums. Hopefully people will search the forums before asking. You can see many people have asked the question. The answer has always been the same: staff here doesn't like it and they've never said anything about adding it.

Is it a pipe dream that we will one day stop having to read such threads?

mycoolrausch
11-25-2019, 01:37 PM
Blue should switch to a weekly earthquake with variance in lieu of natural respawns. Then they should add a new raid to replace the permanently removed warders, but no keying required, since keying was invented by subscription minded devs to artificially delay content which isn't applicable here.

Just my 2c as a player on a free server that contributes nothing but a drain on resources.

Psyborg
11-25-2019, 02:12 PM
I'm terrified by the few folks here who had nice things to say about Luclin. Outside of AA's that expansion was a trainwreck.

Benanov
11-25-2019, 03:28 PM
I'm terrified by the few folks here who had nice things to say about Luclin. Outside of AA's that expansion was a trainwreck.

AAs were a trainwreck too in a lot of ways. The grind never ends with AAs.

Lhord99
11-25-2019, 04:53 PM
AAs were a trainwreck too in a lot of ways. The grind never ends with AAs.

Ever_Quest. =P

But beastlords were/are super duper fun. Their epic 1.0 was pretty broken.
Endless quiver was rad AF and gave utility to the Ranger, which is a super fun and relevant fantasy class that is so sadly 'micturated' upon in classic.

Runspeed AAs deny pixulz to the AC farmers that are always causing grief.

HP Regen AAs make a competitive edge for people without the class resources or financial resources to secure fungus - just all-around QoL improvements for average joe players, really. Hardcore Raiders on p99 basically have AAs in terms of the amount of hp regen/mana regen/clickie nonsense that are simply not attainable by joe schmoe the 12 hours a week gnome magician, or his brother schlameel the sporadic halfling cleric.

Endonde
11-25-2019, 07:20 PM
Wipe it clean 2019.

Psyborg
11-25-2019, 07:28 PM
Wipe it clean 2019.

They just release a clean server.

jlxharville
11-26-2019, 12:52 AM
I don't think they've officially announced anything about either Blue or Green since Teal's release and from the rumors I've heard they're most interested in catering to the hardcore raiders on Green and less interested in preserving Blue.

Yeah, cause we all know the "hardcore raiders" should be in charge AND get diplomatic immunity to all charges. Sounds oddly familiar... :c

Canelek
11-26-2019, 01:38 AM
From my understanding their legal agreement with Daybreak states they will never go beyond Velious, and even if they could I don't think they want to. I like Luclin and all the way to Omens but that's what other servers are for.

That is a conspiracy theory propagated by the folks who were hoping against hope to keep Blue the most relevant server in P99 land.

Tilien
11-26-2019, 09:29 AM
That is a conspiracy theory propagated by the folks who were hoping against hope to keep Blue the most relevant server in P99 land.

So you believe that Green will continue into Luclin?

If no: Why does it matter if the agreement limits it, and how does this make Blue more popular?

If yes: Where do you think they'll be beta testing Luclin?

If anything adding MORE content will make Blue more popular because that content will presumably be tested in Blue first, lest people cry "not classic".

Stormcrow505
12-04-2019, 10:27 AM
The most fun I ever had on live was done pre-Luclin, so I'm not sure I would appreciate it much.. not to say that I would be against it, just that I personal wasn't a fan of it. But there were fixes and quest chains that were finished, which had nothing to do with actual Luclin content, that I would very much appreciate being brought in. Such as the Iksar racial weapon/armor quests. They didn't get fixed/finalized until that time frame, but you never had to use any of the Luclin content to complete them. As well as other quality of life changes.

Molitoth
12-04-2019, 11:39 AM
Blue should switch to a weekly earthquake with variance in lieu of natural respawns. Then they should add a new raid to replace the permanently removed warders, but no keying required, since keying was invented by subscription minded devs to artificially delay content which isn't applicable here.

Just my 2c as a player on a free server that contributes nothing but a drain on resources.

I'm totally on board with putting the Warders back in game as a 5 or 7 day respawn (and removing the sleeper event so that they cannot disappear again).

But taking the key out of Sleepers Tomb would be care bear as fuck.
Join a guild that raids key mobs and earn a key.

mycoolrausch
12-04-2019, 06:20 PM
I'm totally on board with putting the Warders back in game as a 5 or 7 day respawn (and removing the sleeper event so that they cannot disappear again).

But taking the key out of Sleepers Tomb would be care bear as fuck.
Join a guild that raids key mobs and earn a key.

I don't think they should touch VP or ST as its classic content (though I'm not opposed to re-adding warders, w/e).

I'm talking about hypothetical future raids. Casual guilds are happy getting a big target here and there and not every repop, but it's not feasible with keying. This thread seemed about content suggestions for players that aren't interested in joining/being the top guild dominating the content, since that's literally green servers purpose.

Madbad
12-04-2019, 06:52 PM
Never gonna happen

fadetree
12-07-2019, 12:52 PM
it's not. But about luclin - I don't get the hate for it. I didn't like it in particular, but it did not offend my soul like it seems to have done to some of you.
I tried green for a bit, but y'know what? It kind of sucks. The only reason I liked it in 1999 was because I had never played anything further along. I am a masochist...I mean, I always main a Ranger...but that doesn't mean I want a lot of the stuff they added in and fixed BECAUSE IT SUCKED to be undone so I can re-experience the the pain BUT this time with full knowledge. Not everything they added over the years wrecked the game. I like cars, have for years, but that doesn't mean I want to buy a Ford Model A and use it as my main car.
I liked AA's - one because they finally fixed my class to some extent, but also because I *like* to grind, a lot of people do. I thoughts the cats were kinda dumb, and most of teh zones were meh, but whatever. Luclin was a testing ground for PoP, which I consider the pinnacle of EQ. You can definitely see the beginning of all the stuff that they would carry through to ridiculous lengths - de-specializing the classes, even more mudflation, even more rapid travel, more AAs, gear dropping easier at lower levels, etc. But PoP to me is the sweet spot - retained enough of the classic feel to still be EQ, added a huge layer of complex quests lines and cool dungeons, tons of tradeskills work so they finally became what they had been intended to be, had a very cool overarching storyline, etc. Personally, I would have not done the travel books, I agree that that was a really bad move but again it did not sear my soul with agony as it seems to for so many here.

Daloon
12-07-2019, 03:54 PM
The Devs of p99 have stated many times their disdain for Luclin/PoP so it aint happening unless they change their views all of a sudden. It'd also likely take a long time to implement based on previous beta lengths and the introduction of AAs. Sad because a PoP server would be great for many.

fadetree
12-07-2019, 08:07 PM
well, that's what The Al Kabor project (TAKP) is about. In luclin now, good devs, some of them from P99, low pop but very good quality peeps. It uses an era-correct client, allows boxing limited to 3. They are actively working on PoP.

zodium
12-08-2019, 03:43 PM
it's not. But about luclin - I don't get the hate for it. I didn't like it in particular, but it did not offend my soul like it seems to have done to some of you.
I tried green for a bit, but y'know what? It kind of sucks. The only reason I liked it in 1999 was because I had never played anything further along. I am a masochist...I mean, I always main a Ranger...but that doesn't mean I want a lot of the stuff they added in and fixed BECAUSE IT SUCKED to be undone so I can re-experience the the pain BUT this time with full knowledge. Not everything they added over the years wrecked the game. I like cars, have for years, but that doesn't mean I want to buy a Ford Model A and use it as my main car.
I liked AA's - one because they finally fixed my class to some extent, but also because I *like* to grind, a lot of people do. I thoughts the cats were kinda dumb, and most of teh zones were meh, but whatever. Luclin was a testing ground for PoP, which I consider the pinnacle of EQ. You can definitely see the beginning of all the stuff that they would carry through to ridiculous lengths - de-specializing the classes, even more mudflation, even more rapid travel, more AAs, gear dropping easier at lower levels, etc. But PoP to me is the sweet spot - retained enough of the classic feel to still be EQ, added a huge layer of complex quests lines and cool dungeons, tons of tradeskills work so they finally became what they had been intended to be, had a very cool overarching storyline, etc. Personally, I would have not done the travel books, I agree that that was a really bad move but again it did not sear my soul with agony as it seems to for so many here.

i hated every single one of these things and every single reason you like them, and that's why I hated Luclin

fadetree
12-08-2019, 10:36 PM
Yeah. I already knew that, man. I was just talking about me. Not everybody feels the same as you do, is my point.

Quinas
12-16-2019, 07:44 AM
Yeah. I already knew that, man. I was just talking about me. Not everybody feels the same as you do, is my point.

Chill response.