PDA

View Full Version : Economy

Hibbs
11-27-2019, 07:24 AM
Haven't logged onto blue since green/teal went live.

I've poked around the forums and seen that blues numbers are obviously way down.

How has the economy been on blue?? Is stuff selling cheap? selling high? Just curious.

Master Roshi
11-27-2019, 09:02 AM
stuff is more scarce, I have gotten more for MQ's then before due to lack of availability.

Molitoth
11-27-2019, 09:49 AM
It's much harder to find things you are looking for in EC.

Prices are UP for cheaper items (Quest armor gems, HQ skins, etc) because it's worth it to pay more than wait.

Prices seem to be a bit DOWN for exotic items if you want to sell them in an reasonable amount of time.

Lhord99
11-27-2019, 01:48 PM
I've sold more velious armor gems in the last few weeks than I have in the last year, fwiw.

I cannot sell mid-to-high-range droppables well, though, as most people either have better, or their re-rolls are happening on Green/Teal.

Horza
11-27-2019, 03:04 PM
The market for mid-tier equipment is pretty scarce now, but higher value items still move quickly in my experience.

mightymichael69
11-27-2019, 04:58 PM
The economy is so too heavy. Very difficult to earn PP the classic way when a young toon. IE stacks of silk, bone chips, maybe some HQ pelts. It is almost like there is no new crafters. All low and mid scale zones are pretty empty. You can and should only create solo ready classes until they fix this debacle. Starting a rogue, warrior or cleric from scratch no twink would be a arduous process.

fastboy21
11-27-2019, 08:36 PM
The economy is so too heavy. Very difficult to earn PP the classic way when a young toon. IE stacks of silk, bone chips, maybe some HQ pelts. It is almost like there is no new crafters. All low and mid scale zones are pretty empty. You can and should only create solo ready classes until they fix this debacle. Starting a rogue, warrior or cleric from scratch no twink would be a arduous process.

Why would a new player who likes to play the "classic way" roll on blue? If he doesn't know anyone on blue and is new he should go to green/teal. If he does know someone on blue that he wants to play with then his friends should be twinking/PLing him.

I really don't see how it is a debacle.

Danth
11-27-2019, 11:53 PM

That's a double-edged sword. It may be a little difficult to earn platinum on Blue, but platinum earned will buy a player much more than it would on the fresh servers.

Danth

Nirgon
11-28-2019, 12:16 AM
lol making a new character on blue, these people are kidding right

mightymichael69
11-28-2019, 01:44 AM
Well I wanted to play the full uptown Velious experience but yea I am new player..To sustain blue we need new players..cant be same 100 people with 4 alts right? Or maybe I am wrong..I dunno..I do think it would help game and economy if we had 50% more average population across level ranges on regular basis.

El-Hefe
11-28-2019, 03:40 AM
Well I wanted to play the full uptown Velious experience but yea I am new player..To sustain blue we need new players..cant be same 100 people with 4 alts right? Or maybe I am wrong..I dunno..I do think it would help game and economy if we had 50% more average population across level ranges on regular basis.

Even before Green and Teal launched most mid level zones on Blue were ghost towns. It’s a server in it’s twilight that is only really populated by raiders. Most people still dedicated to it have several max level toons and a mountain of platinum that’d make a dragon blush. They have no reason or desire to tool around in underpopulated low level zones.

If people do come back to Blue they’re not going to make the server seem any more lively in the low and mid game. It’ll just be more bodies to throw at Dragons and Gods. They’re not coming back to level new toons, nor is there ever going to be a sudden rush of new players on Blue.

I have to say, deciding to start fresh on a ten year old server when two brand new servers just opened and talking about how the ten year old server needs new players is... puzzling logic. You had to know what you were getting into, right?

Hibbs
11-28-2019, 04:28 AM
I finally re-patched and may have started a toon on green. Feels good. Might not play too much but feels good to hit that EQ grind.

El Hefe you on green or teal??
Hope you and the woman have a good Thanksgiving!

El-Hefe
11-28-2019, 04:39 AM
I finally re-patched and may have started a toon on green. Feels good. Might not play too much but feels good to hit that EQ grind.

El Hefe you on green or teal??
Hope you and the woman have a good Thanksgiving!

I'm feelin' the Teal.

Thanks man, hope you and yours have a good holiday too! Cheers!

strongone70
11-28-2019, 10:16 AM
El-Hefe. #1 EQ streamer

Fammaden
11-28-2019, 01:11 PM
Well I wanted to play the full uptown Velious experience but yea I am new player..To sustain blue we need new players..cant be same 100 people with 4 alts right

This is really the crux of the biscuit. Blue has always had significant "churn", attrition and replacement of players especially at the top end where raid guilds were constantly recruiting. Without new players starting and leveling up blue is slowly going to deteriorate like a nation with a negative birth rate.

Hefe can say the "mid game" was deserted, but as someone who started on blue under two years ago, I can say it wasn't anything like Teal/Green of course but at least the "XP highway" was populated. I could always find a pickup group for melee or healers in crushbone>unrest/HK>MM>CoM>KC>Seb. If you worked a bit you could get something going in UGuk for early 20s, or Hole and other less popular zones at the high end. These days you'd probably be calling out LFG into the void in those places.

El-Hefe
11-28-2019, 01:37 PM
I mean, yeah sure there was a desired leveling path of high ZEM zones that you could find groups in, I imagine there still is to some extent. But stray outside of that path and you’d be all by yourself. By no stretch of the imagination was the low and mid game thriving, if “dead” is too strong of a word then I guess “in hospice” would be more accurate.

Baler
11-28-2019, 05:33 PM
Are fungi tunic's over 100k on blue now?
*smirks*

Tilien
11-28-2019, 05:36 PM
Are fungi tunic's over 100k on blue now?
*smirks*

Go back to the non classic green, hating on blue is getting stale. Playing on alpha (blue) and beta (teal) at the same time is fun can't wait for a classic release.

Baler
11-28-2019, 05:39 PM
Go back to the non classic green, hating on blue is getting stale. Playing on alpha (blue) and beta (teal) at the same time is fun can't wait for a classic release.

uhh, Maybe you've mistaken me for someone else. I've not hated on blue, here or elsewhere. :confused:

Consider Red
yikes

Tilien
11-28-2019, 06:30 PM
uhh, Maybe you've mistaken me for someone else. I've not hated on blue, here or elsewhere. :confused:

Consider Red
yikes

Meh your remark seemed snarky and a lot of people in the green forums simultaneously hate on blue and support broken parts about green, sorry for the overly aggressive response have a good holiday if you're having one :)

aaezil
11-28-2019, 10:33 PM
Prices about to plummet with the population contrary to fat cat hoarder propaganda