PDA

View Full Version : Patch Notes, Sunday April 24th, 2011

Rogean
04-24-2011, 02:16 AM
This patch contains a new spells file. Please obtain EQChanges V9 (http://www.project1999.org/files/eqchangesv9.zip) from the getting started guide.

Code

Rogean: Added the ability to set a flag per spell for NPC's to bypass stacking checks. Example: Trakanon was previously not recasting his AE if his target was already afflicted by it.
Haynar: Deleted item fixes. This should be the rest of them. This should address the cases that were only display bugs, but would show up after zoning.
Haynar: Fix for deleted coins in a trade, which can occur if they are added to a trade window after accept was hit.
Kanras: Fix for racial skills for classes that don't have access to them normally.

Content

nilbog: Bloodgill goblins are primary faction 'Bloodgills'
nilbog: Astaed Wemor quest text fixed.
nilbog: giant wooly spiders will drop less Barbarian meat.
nilbog: Fixed Blixin Entopop's quest dialogue.
nilbog: Magus Frinon is now known by his classic name, 'Magi Frinon'
nilbog: Plane of Sky item 'Ivory Pendant' now drops.
nilbog: Princess Joleena/Fairy Guard placeholder will switch by day/night.
nilbog: Marlin Shirtov/Gornolin will switch by day/night. Highpass hours are 8am-10pm
nilbog: Butler Syncall/Maid Issis of Mistmoore will switch between living or undead textures, depending on time of day.
nilbog: Daytime gypsies of mistmoore will switch with werewolves at night. Added missing aggro/death text.
nilbog: Vampire oracle/noble will switch with their daytime counterparts.
nilbog: Added aggro/death messages for Nybright sisters of Lesser Faydark.
nilbog: East Karana day/night working. Gnolls and wolves will switch by day/night.
nilbog: Created and added npcs 'a spirit stalker' and 'Splintered Claw'
nilbog: Kane Bayle will depart North Qeynos at night to lead his double life as 'Commander Kane' in the sewers. Fixed his face.
nilbog: Lanhern Firepride goes drinking at nighttime. She is replaced by Meera Lyon in Firepride's. While at the bar, she will not buy or sell items.
nilbog: Implemented 'The Donations' quest.
nilbog: Watchman Dexlin and Bilbis Briar will switch by day/night.
nilbog: Fixed 'Tiny Skeletons' quest. They will no longer spawn under the world.
nilbog: Added missing quest text for Narron Jenork. He will now accept the Box of Bones.
nilbog: Crow will now sell Crows Special Brew
nilbog: Keg of Beer will no longer be sold anywhere.
nilbog: Field of Bone guards will kos giant scorpions.
nilbog: Field of Bone Iksar (footpad,brigand,bandit,manslayer, etc) now have proper textures.
Uthgaard: Raised Level Cap for Crission's Pixie Strike to 55
Uthgaard: Fixed Seafury Gem Loot
Uthgaard: Added Cudgel Quest to Mystic Dovan's script
Uthgaard: Fixed a typo in War Baron Eator's script
Uthgaard: Made Gift of Pure Thought enc lvl 59
Uthgaard: Made Boon of the Clear Mind enc lvl 54
Uthgaard: Made Clarity II enc lvl 52
Uthgaard: Corrected Icon for Dementia
Uthgaard: Naltron's Mark will consume a Peridot
Uthgaard: Negative resist mods added back to swarm, splurt, and bloodboiling dots
Uthgaard: Increased hate generated from the following spells: Ykesha, Obsidian Shatter, Siphon, Envenomed Breath (shm/nec: cope, all poison/disease counter spells are going up soon)
Uthgaard: Winged Death flagged dotstackingexempt. Test it and report any bugs.
Kanras: Effect on Singing Steel Greaves changed from Angstlich's Appalling Screech to Summon Food.
Kanras: Effect on Singing Steel Boots changed from Agilmente's Aria of Eagles to Summon Drink.
Kanras: Locket of Escape will no longer drop.
Kanras: The Warding Star drop has been replaced by Guardians Mace

Werlop
04-24-2011, 02:18 AM
You're not telling us what the change is? How mysterious....

Akim
04-24-2011, 02:20 AM
Werlop; Your spells, just yours (reader), now cause self death, and permanent loss of primary/secondary items.

Reports of loosing your sanity from believing this has been reported.

Uthgaard
04-24-2011, 02:22 AM
Just wait. It made more sense to put the file up so you can download it ahead of time, instead of holding that off until all of the notes are compiled.

Werlop
04-24-2011, 02:25 AM
Thanks, that makes sense.

DrukNecro
04-24-2011, 02:31 AM
What happened to minutes 4, 3, 2, and 1 of the scheduled shutdown?

Akim
04-24-2011, 02:33 AM
What happened to minutes 4, 3, 2, and 1 of the scheduled shutdown?

Countdown worked for me, all the way until after 1, when I /q.

DrukNecro
04-24-2011, 02:34 AM
Countdown worked for me, all the way until after 1, when I /q.

Weird. I saw the 5 minute message, made it about 100 feet, then got dumped.

Ihavealreadydoneallthis
04-24-2011, 02:35 AM
Weird. I saw the 5 minute message, made it about 100 feet, then got dumped.
then its your isp!

DrukNecro
04-24-2011, 02:40 AM
[Sun Apr 24 01:27:38 2011] <[SERVER MESSAGE]>: Server shut down initiated. Please find a safe place to camp. Server will shut down in 5 minutes.
[Sun Apr 24 01:28:50 2011] [Zone] This zone has lost connection to the Worldserver. Zoning and Global Chat is unavailable.

Don't usually see the latter when it's the ISP. Time is a funny thing in Timorous Deep I guess.

M.Bison
04-24-2011, 03:13 AM

Requesting clarification of what this means plz

Uthgaard
04-24-2011, 03:17 AM
Winged Death should stack with all prekunark swarm dots. It doesn't work yet. It's been posted in bug forums, should be able to get it fixed for next patch.

M.Bison
04-24-2011, 03:18 AM
Ok, thanks Uth

Uaellaen
04-24-2011, 03:44 AM
eqemulauncher (http://moestaverne.com/) up to date

Twig
04-24-2011, 04:03 AM
Kanras: Fix for racial skills for classes that don't have access to them normally.
Uthgaard: Negative resist mods added back to swarm, splurt, and bloodboiling dots

\o/ All praise Devs ! \o/

M.Bison
04-24-2011, 04:09 AM
\o/ All praise Devs ! \o/

Winged Death should stack with all prekunark swarm dots. It doesn't work yet.

Sorry to burst your bubble. maybe next time bud.

Twig
04-24-2011, 04:12 AM
Don't have the spell until in 4 levels so I'm ok with that.
I'm just glad Devs are working on it.

M.Bison
04-24-2011, 04:23 AM
For sure

Darian
04-24-2011, 04:58 AM
Uthgaard: Fixed Seafury Gem Loot

Will there be more or fewer gems dropping now? Or were they not dropping the right kinds?

Rand
04-24-2011, 05:11 AM
Will there be more or fewer gems dropping now? Or were they not dropping the right kinds?
Their loot table was off. Back to normal

Ihavealreadydoneallthis
04-24-2011, 07:16 AM
So I have noticed that since Kunark released you cannot LoS mobs at all..was this intended?

Rais
04-24-2011, 09:14 AM
It was done shortly before Kunark if I recall correctly.

Uthgaard
04-24-2011, 10:37 AM

About a month ago I went through the DB and consolidated a lot of unnecessary duplicate records in almost all of the content tables (lootdrops, loottables, lootdrop entries, loottable entries, npc faction tables and entries, spawngroups, grids, etc). Shaved about 13 mb off of the db, but some minor details got hit in the process.

Full ranges of trash drops, research drops, etc., applied by pattern. Previously, many npc loot tables were clones of whatever the allakhazam moderators tacked onto their pages to reflect coments, populated into the peq db by a webcrawler. In many cases, that was a small fraction of the true potential list of drops for a given mob, and put the chance that certain things would drop at opposition with unrelated drops. In the process, seafuries got bumped down to a 15% chance to drop a gem from the gem table of that pattern. So I fixed it back up to the rate it was before.

Overall, more things should be accurate, certain drops won't be so hard to find, and the server is slightly more efficient from the content end.

Shiftin
04-24-2011, 11:43 AM
Sooo... Trakanon?

Trimm
04-24-2011, 11:54 AM
Still a 7 day spawn as it should be.

Dantes
04-24-2011, 12:23 PM
Uthgaard: Increased hate generated from the following spells: Ykesha, Obsidian Shatter, Siphon, Envenomed Breath (shm/nec: cope, all poison/disease counter spells are going up soon)

Woohoo!

PureLo
04-24-2011, 12:34 PM
Yes i am very happy to see warrior's get some of their swag back. I knew the proc hate felt a bit off, glad to see it should be restored :)

Daldaen
04-24-2011, 03:11 PM
[/LIST]

Still not working, posted in bugs about also :/

EDIT: I didn't read page 2 /facepalm.

Lazortag
04-24-2011, 11:54 PM
Kanras: Effect on Singing Steel Greaves changed from Angstlich's Appalling Screech to Summon Food.
Kanras: Effect on Singing Steel Boots changed from Agilmente's Aria of Eagles to Summon Drink.

http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/20010327.html in case anyone was wondering when these get changed back (3 months or so after velious launches, oh well).

Soui
04-25-2011, 12:51 AM
So glad you guys fixed Mystic Dovan! Ty for your hard work guys! =)

guineapig
04-25-2011, 12:44 PM
I think the changes made to the enchanter spell levels was a mistake.

Those changes did not go in to effect till 3 years after Kunark was launched:

JULY 10, 2003
New Spell levels for Clarity line - Boon of the Clear Mind is now a level 44 spell, Clarity II is now a level 52 spell and Gift of Pure Thought is now level 56.

source:
http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/20030710.html

redghosthunter
04-25-2011, 01:03 PM
I think the changes made to the enchanter spell levels was a mistake.

Those changes did not go in to effect till 3 years after Kunark was launched:

source:
http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/20030710.html

And ya have nothing to say about the Charm Line change?
Server Side - Not Any Change in the Actual Spell. The Chaos Factor? It must have been increased at least by factor of 10. From what folks are saying they used to get ... maybe 5 or 6 min. Now folks are getting 50 or 60 sec.

Metallikus
04-25-2011, 01:40 PM
Guineapig is absolutely right.

Makes no sense at all to have clarity 2 at 52 and then two levels later have group clarity 1.....someone is smokin the doja.

Nedala
04-25-2011, 03:54 PM
Both my classic spell lists say clarity2 is lvl 54 and boon of the clear mind (grp clarity 1) is lvl 52. Seems to make more sense too :)

Uthgaard
04-25-2011, 04:02 PM
I put them at the levels that the kunark launch spdat had them at.

Mardur
04-25-2011, 04:17 PM
Guineapig is absolutely right.

Makes no sense at all to have clarity 2 at 52 and then two levels later have group clarity 1.....someone is smokin the doja.

When it comes to Verant/SOE, the nonsensical answer is usually the correct one.

ryandward
04-26-2011, 12:10 AM
Hahaha oh man... all these changes to Boon and Clarity II, and still no breeze =/ I know old topic

baalzy
04-27-2011, 03:52 PM
breeze will go in when it fits the timeline for it to go in. Unfortunately, it was not in at release and the few people who did get it, got it because of a mistake.