PDA

View Full Version : Fellspine Camp

Barlu
12-20-2019, 01:35 AM
I’ve been retired for a few months now and figured I’d share the best way to camp Fellspine legally. I don’t think anyone I used to see at the camp still plays anymore so figured I’d share. All said and done it probably averages about 3k/hour when belts were 30k. Know the economy is hurting since Green but should still be a good camp.

Full disclosure I have not done it since the pathing change patch that everyone had complaints about. This method is completely legal as far as I know and have even had GMs restore ninja looted belts.

For starters, most people don’t have correct information on where Fellspine spawns. Most think it’s in the upper pool where you drop down when running to WW but that isn’t right. A lot of people used to exploit pull to there which is why you’d see him dead there a lot. If you use crit calm resist to pull to the top pool it is an exploit and you will get a suspension or ban. I’ve seen it happen multiple times.

He spawns at about -150, -200. If you zone in from CS and take a right and swim under you’ll come to the temple area where most people farm Neriad Shawls and some kill the temple. You need to swim under there through the long tunnel to get to the Fellspine spot. There is a group of 3 mobs together and it is the northern most mob. You will want to set up on land at the second “temple” area around (0,-50).

To do the camp the back mermaid has to be a torched mistress. No seahorses or mermaids will come out of the water and Agro you on land but the icy and watery servants will. This is a big part of the camp. If you need to spawn a mistress, your going to want to dictate the back mermaid and drag it back to Agro a few more mermaids swimming near the temple. Chances are your probably gonna Agro a few waterys when dragging it back towards the temple but that’s just how it goes. Hope the mermaid dies and you’ll get summoned then die. Wait 20 mins and hope for the best.

Once you get a mistress to spawn, you will want to go on land and bind sight the icy/watery that looks directly at Fellspine/PH. Target the second Seahorse (not the ph/FS) and land a calm on him. This will likely take awhile. They are very resistant and I’ve gone 100+ calms without getting it to land. As soon as it does calm the 2 Icy/watery and make sure the pather is outta the way. Dictate the mistress from a good ways away toward the tunnel. Don’t try to use pet attack just let the mistress peel the PH off you once it engages. Once that happens back away out of melee and start casting rapture on the Seahorse while spamming pet back. Torch your pet and chances are your probably gonna die cause you can’t get out of the water fast enough. At this point the camp is set up though and your in great shape.

To kill the Ph go onto land at the temple area and bind sight the closest icy. Calm both of them and if your in the right spot you can gate if you get a crit and zone right back in. Once those 2 are calmed, dictate the PH and this is the tricky part. Pathing sucks so you need hotkeys with /pet attack a_neriad_mistress. You have to wait a few seconds after dictate lands before sending pet. Immediately start swimming up towards the top of tunnel and back on land. If done right, the Seahorse and mistress should kill your dictated pet before charm breaks and you are still on land hanging out. It’s not unusual to take a few hits from the Seahorse but if you get the mistress you’ll die pretty much instantly. There are times where if charm breaks before your pet dies you’ll get summoned and die. It happens. Chances increase if the pather gets involved in the fight.

Once you get a named strat is pretty similar. Calm the non named Seahorse first then the 2 icy. Dictate the torched mistress and do not pet attack. Swim toward the bottom of the tunnel and wait until Fellspine hits you a few times then inch away out of melee range while pet picks it up. As soon as you lose Agro, haste your pet. Doesn’t have to be VoG pretty much anything high level works. Run out of the water after pets hasted and go tuck into the second Column in on the right. If you have illusion drop it before you get out of the water. You want to be very close to the corner without being all the way in. When Fellspine gets to 10% /exit to avoid faction hit. The spot you come back in is out of line of sight of everything and Fellspine should be dead. Target something and collaborate and your back to non KoS.

Belt isn’t exactly rare. I would say probably 1 in 5 and he’s 1 in 6 to spawn. 20 minute timer and your afk for 15+ minutes every time.

If this pathing doesn’t allow it to work there are other ways to do it with Dictate as you pull it just let me know. Good luck and hope some enchanters make some good cash.

White_knight
12-20-2019, 01:45 AM
Was a good read. Love strats.

How do deal with calm crits at this stage:

"They are very resistant and I’ve gone 100+ calms without getting it to land."

P.s. I am a SG newbie.

P.s.s. wait seahorses aģro on land. All g.

Barlu
12-20-2019, 05:54 AM
Glad you enjoyed it. If you are out of the water and on land you will never get a crit while calming a seahorse. This is how it was when I last camped it. If you are charming mermaids or seHorses and charm breaks and you are on land they will both immediately con dubious to you. Getting out of the water was an instant Agro clear for those. Hope it’s srill the case.

The icys will crit and come after you. If your in the right spot you should be able to gate before they reach you