PDA

View Full Version : Necro focus book

Tilien
01-06-2020, 01:14 AM
I'm assuming the ashenbrood mother and inny are both killed shortly after popping.

Is it possible to buy loot rights? And how game changing is this item?

I've seen a video of a necro killing A4 halflings while using the hate book and was curious if this item was key to that, or if he's just overly stacked/skilled besides it anyway.

Hideousclaw
01-06-2020, 03:05 AM
I think a necro can kill A4 hobbits without book. Epic and other clickies will help (VP Staff etc) but not impossible

Swish
01-06-2020, 04:34 AM
If you want a "complete" character, it's a must ^^

Necros in casual guilds have to wait a long time to get their hands on one... I'm sure loot rights wouldn't be easy to get.

Yoink1986
01-06-2020, 06:03 AM
Most minis aren’t killed that quickly and might be quite hard to buy loot rights since itself is quite rare. But good luck.

commongood
01-06-2020, 08:57 AM
Might have been my video (Grimfrost). I wouldn't like to do it without the book but could probably be done.

Integral to the succes of that strategy is that your pet is able to be taking hits. The longer it can be tanking the better your chance of succes is. With the book it will be more beefy.

My gear when I did that (and still, really hehe) wasn't particularily good. I mean if you have a mana pool 500-600 larger than what I do and ditto on HPs then that's a few more Vexing Modinias you can fire off and more hits you can take while stepping in to tank.

While on that I would say that while epic makes a difference on a fight like that, the VP stick doesn't really. You effectively can't afford to be using it once the fight is under way. It heals too slowly and for too little compared to the brute-force nature of Vexing. You might want to open on it for the additional free damage but I doubt it.

I've seen people selling loot rights in the past. Best bet would be to join a guild that habitually raids PoHate and hope to get lucky. That's how I got mine.

Tilien
01-06-2020, 09:47 AM
Yes, that was your video :)

In terms of item prioritization would Epic be at the top of the list then? Other items seem nice (Zlandicar's heart, coldain ring, shawl, VP staff), but the shawl seems ineffective compared to liching, the VP staff is probably going to need to need a force to get more-so than the book, the ring seems like I'd need to be in Riot/AG.

Other than QoL items like prenerf circlet, jboots.

commongood
01-06-2020, 10:08 AM
Depends on what you're after.

Soloing stuff like PoM halflings I'd say the most important stuff is the Hate book and Epic (and then HP/mana/AC). Zheart, coldain shawl and even coldain ring won't make a difference (ring might to a slight extent but the fight will be fast it won't likely be the decider).

In terms of soloing more trivial stuff like Fe'Dhars in SS or Kael Giants at 4-way for thurg armor I'd say you'd be happy to have a VP-staff but it's not exactly game breaking there.

Velketor's Bone Bracelet of Condemnation is very nice for that kind of stuff though. Easily 1500-2k free dmg per mob. Plus you get the added bonus of changing color on mobs for wow-effect (turn that ice-dragon into a red dragon!).

For raids I'd say is where I feel the biggest benefit of the VP-staff. That and when recovering from a rez.

VP you need a key for though. And a raid force to kill Silverwing or Druushk. These are contested mobs so I wouldn't bank on being able to buy loot rights. I tried for about a year with no luck. Finally got mine through my guild.

Shinko
01-12-2020, 03:46 AM
The book does not drop.

BurtMacklinFBI
01-12-2020, 07:44 AM
The book does not drop.
Hinko owes me 20 bucks