PDA

View Full Version : Class in demand for raid scene

sycopata666
01-28-2020, 01:18 PM
Hello, im actualy on green, but i want also play in blue, and im really interested in raid scene, i like play all roles, then just interested in create a toon with true demand on raid scene.
Some info about more demanded classes are really welcome
Tnx

Jimjam
01-28-2020, 01:22 PM
Generally speaking the most required classes are career unemployed or young multimillionaires whose business have reached the point of being self sustaining, resulting in too much free time.

Jimjam
01-28-2020, 01:26 PM
Serious answer: any toon is accepted. Guilds have shared characters you can borrow for key roles.

If you want your own character cleric mains are great. Rogues are prettty easy to gear to a baseline raid standard. Monks are almost as easy to gear and have the advantage of being easier to xp. Honestly in the main guilds if you remain active and friendly many members will help you gear and level.

If you’re gonna go blue balls deep warriors are a key class but only really take off with top level and gear.

Dogma
01-28-2020, 01:37 PM
Play one you like the role of the most. It's a long ride.

sycopata666
01-28-2020, 01:51 PM
Im a veteran, and i know not all classes have so much slots in raids, just whant to know what ones are in demman in the actual blue meta.

Dogma
01-28-2020, 02:05 PM
Cleric, warrior, monk, rogue, bard. In that order.

sycopata666
01-28-2020, 02:08 PM
Tnx, i surprised in bard, i remember from old times are a low demand class

Dogma
01-28-2020, 02:11 PM
3-4 bards are a good amount for raids. Hard to get that many. And they're basically required for a few fights in particular.

I damn near added paladin to the end of the list simply because no one plays one.

baakss
01-28-2020, 02:13 PM
Wizard is flavor of the month. Not joking.

Erati
01-28-2020, 02:36 PM
rogue

Goodest
01-28-2020, 02:37 PM
Enchanter went from needing one buff bot to holy crap need 7. Mana sieves and buffing.
Wizard for burst dps and raid movent
Cleirc always and for ever heals...
Bards to mana feed...
Rog no one will ever say don't bring more dps... Super cheap to gear get to 255 str and 55 boom DKP machine

Easy to gear and level is enc.

Torik
01-28-2020, 02:50 PM
Enchanter went from needing one buff bot to holy crap need 7.

Why do enchanters need to mana seive now? It's been almost a year since I raided, so sorry if this is a dumb question!

Pretzelle
01-28-2020, 02:52 PM
You can't push interrupt mobs anymore so you need to sieve them so they don't gate or CH

Drakborn
01-28-2020, 03:10 PM
Everyone has a role:

Warrior - main tank for raid mobs
Paladin - trash tank
Shadow Knight - trash tank
Rogue - phat deeps
Monk - pulling/deeps
Ranger - ???
Bard - mana song, kiting, utility
Enchanter - mana sieve, buff, mem blur, tash
Necromancer - twitch and train up
Magician - coth and mod rod
Wizard - ports, aoe, kite
Cleric - healzzzz
Druid - ports, buffs, patch heals
Shaman - buffs, slow, patch heals

Honestly, whatever is interesting or fun to you has a role to play. Except for ranger.

plzrelax
01-28-2020, 03:20 PM
Ranger eats the death touch ofc

Drakborn
01-28-2020, 03:30 PM
Everyone has a role:

Warrior - main tank for raid mobs
Paladin - trash tank
Shadow Knight - trash tank
Rogue - phat deeps
Monk - pulling/deeps
Ranger - dies
Bard - mana song, kiting, utility
Enchanter - mana sieve, buff, mem blur, tash
Necromancer - twitch and train up
Magician - coth and mod rod
Wizard - ports, aoe, kite
Cleric - healzzzz
Druid - ports, buffs, patch heals
Shaman - buffs, slow, patch heals

Honestly, whatever is interesting or fun to you has a role to play.

Ranger eats the death touch ofc

Fixed, thanks!

Dogma
01-28-2020, 04:08 PM
I made my list with critical roles in mind. Everything has a purpose though.

Classes order determined by times I've heard:
We need a/more ________ before we can engage.

Classes eliminated by:
We have too many ________, someone switch to a cleric or rogue.

Ripqozko
01-28-2020, 05:43 PM
After like 70 people no one will notice who you are anyways, join the zerg, get dkp, bid on loot, grats bladefrenzy.

Bardp1999
01-28-2020, 08:04 PM
Given enough warriors and clerics, literally every other class is optional. But as stated, you won't be turned away form raiding on any class (besides possibly shaman - kidding...sort of)

sycopata666
01-29-2020, 03:45 AM
After like 70 people no one will notice who you are anyways, join the zerg, get dkp, bid on loot, grats bladefrenzy.

Im from solusek ro server, and have played until GoD expansion, with a troll warrior, i just reachet being the secondary tank of my guild, in old times only ogre warriors get the role of main tanks, and our guild cleared all PoP content, now im just a extrange, but this is what you can expect wen you come back 18 years lather,
Tnx for the tips, i pick a rogue, never playet one , and sems nice fresh experience to come back.

commongood
01-29-2020, 04:06 AM
If the leveling experience suits you I'd say rogue is an excellent choice. Always wanted to for raids. Uncomplicated role at raids. What's not to like. My play style outside of raids is very lone-wolf like. So I have a hard time imagining leveling up a rogue due to not being very capable of soloing on that class. But that's besides the point. Rogue is a great choice :)

sycopata666
01-29-2020, 04:43 AM
I remember stay 5+ hours waiting for group with my warrior in old times, is the strange situation of this game, people want knights for group exp and warriors for raids, but how they expect you lvl up the warrior? xD

commongood
01-29-2020, 05:06 AM
So to expand. If I were starting on P99 a fresh and I really wanted to play a melee character here is what I would do:

Make my first character as either

Enchanter
Necromancer
Druid

Then level to 60 and make a lot of plat. Then start and twink a melee with my riches

Fammaden
01-29-2020, 07:21 AM
Cleric if you like healing. Rogue if you like doing DPS. Any other class if you don't mind being told to switch to a guild owned cleric for the raids.

If you are looking to end up in a top end blue guild that's what's going to happen. You're never going to match the experience and gear of the guild's top warriors and monks, and every other class tends to be expendable versus having enough clerics.

bradsamma
01-29-2020, 12:36 PM
You'll be accepted to the two raid guilds, AG and Riot as any class. Every class has its place on a raid.

With that said, there is no such thing as too many rogues or clerics on a raid.

Enchanters are in heavy demand too.

Don't go warrior unless you're a masochist. Yes, raids generally need them but it'll be a year until you can be useful.

The only class I recommend you not play is a shaman. There are way too many of them in the raid scene.