PDA

View Full Version : Blue Server As A Fresh Group Of Players

tankh
01-30-2020, 04:00 PM
To cut a long story short a group of 4 of us started playing together when green launched, it’s been fun up to the point teal merged back with green, we only play a couple of hours a day but everything is camped and when resources are limited people turn a little cranky.

We don’t pay to play here and everything is done by volunteers so they isn’t much point whinging about stuff that cannot be changed, it is what it is.

We have been discussing today about all of us re rolling on blue on the hope that the low level zones are a lot quieter but was just wondering are they quieter? Or it is just a case most zones are empty but as people power level each other in the high ZEM zones the situation is pretty much the same as green? We just wanna level together and do some dungeon crawling, we not interested in mana stones/rubi/Guises.

I suppose it’s a bit of a catch 22 situation?

Any thoughts/opinions would be a massive help to us.

Thanks

Gozuk
01-30-2020, 04:10 PM
Seems like Blue will be perfect for you guys. It's active enough but lower level zones will be for the most part open. There is also a ton of great gear to be had for pretty cheap, even if it is a little more difficult to find for sale now with less people in the tunnel. Either way with 4 people and Kunark/Velious available you guys should have a ton to do.

Felas
01-30-2020, 04:13 PM
You can play on both, so it wouldn't hurt to roll toons and check it out. I have found that even with limited time, i can play where i want on blue but i solo / duo a bit. Can still find groups if you go to the more popular zones. if you have a pre made group, there wont be much you wont be able to do , but thats just my opinion. Have fun no matter where you play !

Plowyabeastlord
01-30-2020, 04:21 PM
If y’all start here. Find me on fleamarkit I’ll hook you up with some stuff to get ya rolling

sycopata666
01-30-2020, 05:38 PM
People in blue server are awersome, i started 2 days ago and alot people help me. The classic ZEM zones are empti, people are in raids / camping some hi end spots or in EC

Heywood
01-31-2020, 12:20 AM
Sounds like you should play on red.

ScottBerta
01-31-2020, 01:08 AM
Blue is awesome and I may have some starter gear for you ... look for (Cisco, Atreo, Demitrios or Hykko).

My one concern is that yes more zones will be open but... there are many players who only make Twinks on server so instead of a group doing something may just be a melee with a fungi.. But regardless I think either will be good for you.

If the four of you kinda just want to do your own thing blue prolly best bet.

Sacer
01-31-2020, 02:34 AM
I'd say the only downside of playing on blue is how much wealth some people have been building up over the years, if the goal is to catch up to them you're not gonna have a good time.

As far as population it's still very healthy, sure unpopular zones will be often empty, but the popular ones are not overcrowded, you will be able to exp in highkeep and level super fast if that's your thing, you might have a bit of competition for the best areas but nothing too bad.

Also the gear progression is enjoyable, everything is pretty cheap at least to a certain point, for 100p you can buy some incredible weapons and piece of armors compare to green. The only thing a bit lacking are porters, it used to be way easier to find a ride at any time of the day, now it can be hard but nothing impossible.

As far as difficulty sure the cheap gear helps a lot and make leveling easier, but at the same time exploring an almost empty dungeon is a lot harder, you can't just move anywhere safely because mobs are pulled constantly, you have to actually learn where the pather are and how many mob spawn where etc, i find it a lot more enjoyable.

edit : as far as powerleveling, there isn't that much of it in my experience people prefer to twink a toon and group, so if you group with random people you will sometime have a guy with absurd gear and some high level toons camped nearby to buff, rez, etc but you can keep the game fun by doing bigger pulls there is plenty of mobs to pull on blue everywhere.

tankh
01-31-2020, 02:47 AM
Thanks so much for all this info, we are split 50/50 at the moment but two of us are definitely going to roll on blue today. Thanks so much for the kind offers and advice.

DKN
01-31-2020, 02:57 AM
Welcome to Blue!

sycopata666
01-31-2020, 04:44 AM
If you need a Rogue DPS tell : sycopata , im actualy lvl 14

pogs4ever
01-31-2020, 10:45 AM
if you want to roam/crawl around dungeons, blue is your choice. green you could probably walk around everywhere without invis and encumbered.

Philistine
02-02-2020, 02:43 AM
Blue seems like a good choice!

Swish
02-02-2020, 03:03 AM
Sounds like you should play on red.

Nice to see an enlightened opinion on the forums. Choice of camps etc is yours and there's a bonus for leveling together if you want to get up the levels. It's harder to have access to gear but why not do that as you go? :)

kjs86z
02-03-2020, 02:04 PM
What is your class makeup for your 4 man static?

Also echoing er'body else, Blue is the best option for what you guys are looking to do.

I have a low 30s bard and a mid 30s warrior I could play along when you guys get up towards those levels.

tankh
02-03-2020, 03:43 PM
We are monk/shaman combo at the moment, hopefully we can get our friends over to roll a war/necro then we can be a little lizard army. Will defo hot you up when we are closer to 30.

We have been very fortunate, we have full gear and are already level 9 the community here is very generous not only with items/plat but more importantly their time.

I was even able to pass down two items to a new player we met last night as they were better suited for a caster.

sycopata666
02-04-2020, 05:50 AM
Comunity is awersome, i no mean green is bad comunity , but the competitivity of green make people keep more individual, in blue you feel people want to push you to the end game, were is the interest of the blue server. And this helps alot.

ibanezjs100
02-04-2020, 08:48 AM
If you can bring a group with you to places, the you're golden on blue.

Dithien
02-04-2020, 11:40 AM
I did this with a group of about 8 friends back in 2016 and it was fun, although some zones were crowded back then. You will have a blast. I encourage you to visit all the dungeons and zones no one is ever in. While they may not be the best XP, they seem to make for the best stories to tell afterwards.

kjs86z
02-05-2020, 11:32 AM
We are monk/shaman combo at the moment, hopefully we can get our friends over to roll a war/necro then we can be a little lizard army. Will defo hot you up when we are closer to 30.

We have been very fortunate, we have full gear and are already level 9 the community here is very generous not only with items/plat but more importantly their time.

I was even able to pass down two items to a new player we met last night as they were better suited for a caster.

Great synergy in lizard monk / necro / shaman, throwing a warrior in there and keeping him around 40% for zerk damage is icing on an already delicious cake.

I'll round you guys out nicely on my bard when y'all hit 30. Enjoy.

Snaggles
02-05-2020, 12:42 PM
Blue is great for casuals as well because the gear is so damn cheap. Easy to get that bit of nostalgia without the pain of getting steamrolled by low blue cons.

tankh
02-06-2020, 04:58 AM
Look forward to it, we are almost 14 and proud members of Europa :) 👍