PDA

View Full Version : Server-wide Call to reset Sleeper (pls comment if you agree))

rkanon
02-01-2020, 11:26 PM
Hello Folks!

Now that the true "classic experience" green is more or less stable, launched and settled, I thought it could be a fantastic time to bring up the opportunity to bring a little dynamic content into Blue.

Resetting sleeper/warders would be an amazing place to start. Most players from that era are gone anyways. When the devs made Sleepers a one-off it was with the implicit knowledge that more content was coming. There was never a Classic EQ experience that was intended to stay at this juncture this long.

So Rogean, dev crew, please consider resetting that encounter and perhaps adding some more content back to blue. It will keep things dynamic and interesting there.

If you like this idea please comment so we can show how much interest there is in it. perhaps we can get create some ripples and see it happen?

Thanks Dev team for giving us EQ Classic. Lots of Gratitude!

Hideousclaw
02-01-2020, 11:56 PM
wont happen but it'd be nice if it did.

Dogma
02-02-2020, 12:25 AM
Major raiding guilds on blue right now aren't worthy of warders.

Don't reset.

Zekayy
02-02-2020, 12:42 AM
Yes Please do this theres no point in even doing sleepers anymore when it just benefits melee toons

rkanon
02-02-2020, 12:52 AM
The "It won't happen" may have been relevant in the lead up to Green, but now that there is an actualized classic server a new possibility emerges. Compound that on the fact that content has been cycling in the same spot for longer than any EQ dev would have ever intended. It makes perfect sense )

foxchris509
02-02-2020, 01:01 AM
Yes please reset at least once a year or monthly. I’d also really like to see the essence lens quest get put in sometime.

Ripqozko
02-02-2020, 01:15 AM
sorry you all dont have warder loot. consider green

Philistine
02-02-2020, 02:41 AM
I would understand and respect why it wouldn't be done, but I'd love to see ST reset periodically.

Kuren
02-02-2020, 02:58 AM
Yes please reset at least once a year or monthly. I’d also really like to see the essence lens quest get put in sometime.

As someone that takes their time and levels slowly, I can totally get behind this idea. Gives people a chance to take part every now and then.

Swish
02-02-2020, 03:01 AM
https://i.imgur.com/apRp7TQ.gif

Izmael
02-02-2020, 05:37 AM
Of course Blue needs Sleeper reset.

Dolalin
02-02-2020, 05:56 AM
Just play on Green. There will be a sleeper every 3 years.

Neno
02-02-2020, 06:09 AM
https://i.imgur.com/apRp7TQ.gif

I don't think it really matters. Unless things changed blue is slated to receive custom content sometime in the future. They could always classic lock the content on blue now to preserve it while adding new content similar to a traditional expansion but the sky's the limit really.

Lanzellot
02-02-2020, 06:43 AM
wont happen say thx to the greedy RAMPAGE guys :p

Axlrose
02-02-2020, 06:45 AM
I've read enough posts both here and elsewhere how certain players have kept raid targets on lock down indefinitely while the casual player is pushed aside. I would place good money that resetting the Sleeper on Blue will repeat the same tactics. It is just the nature of games and those "hard core" players that believe having certain pixels over other players makes them ~better~.

As for custom content - I doubt that will ever come about here. Besides the cries of "Not classic!", there appears to be so many aspects that were not added yet that people have found to be in game at the time. So I doubt energy and time will be spent on custom projects when the details of old need work - especially if the original desire to create the most classic server is still on the table.

Well, perhaps custom content is already added - locked down server side clip plane and what appears to be a reduction in graphics from before in the name of "classic".

But back to the original poster's request - will a reset really matter here?

DMN
02-02-2020, 07:49 AM
Reset blue. Great idea!

Teppler
02-02-2020, 08:33 AM
I feel an argument could easily be made that p99s timeline ends before the sleeper is awakened thus giving the justification to keep resetting it every so often.

Izmael
02-02-2020, 08:37 AM
Just play on Green. There will be a sleeper every 3 years.

My weak casual ass who plays maybe 4 hours per week can't handle the Green demanding play time requirements. I have no desire to play EQ like a full-time job at this point of my life.

For the hordes of people like me, making the Sleeper unreleasable on Blue would make perfect sense.

It's already the slighty less classic, more QoL-enabled server, that perfectly suits casual scum like myself.

People who want to experience hardcore competition can enjoy fighting over ST every 3 years on Green iterations.

Ultimately, what matters is the vision of N&R. And what I'm saying could make perfect sense from their standpoint.

sycopata666
02-02-2020, 09:08 AM
Are not sleeper just a imposible to kill mob? Just remember this from old times.

Vallaen
02-02-2020, 09:51 AM
Are not sleeper just a imposible to kill mob? Just remember this from old times.

There are 4 sleepers and once they are all killed it awakes the sleeper and he kills everyone inside sleepers tomb and in his path when he flies around.

If the sleepers get reset, it will bring people back cause they will just rewake it.

sycopata666
02-02-2020, 10:16 AM
Then awake the sleeper sems the "end of the game" not sounds nice a end of the game in a revival experience i vote then , reset it each age or so, for flesh blood experience, and yes i know green cicle exist, but blue also needs love.

PL_Barton
02-02-2020, 01:14 PM
Reset it. I'd love to kill some warders.

Nathaniel
02-02-2020, 01:27 PM
Even if it was reset I would give it less than 24h before The Sleeper was released again, so there is little point.

Izmael
02-02-2020, 02:12 PM
The Sleeper release script doesn't have to be necessarily enabled. Warders can just become regular raid mobs who repop every few days with variation.

The side bonus is that we could probably turn the Ro desert into perfectly viable agricultural land with the tears of the few remaining Rampage dweebs.

Bluedarksun
02-02-2020, 02:48 PM
As for custom content - I doubt that will ever come about here. Besides the cries of "Not classic!", there appears to be so many aspects that were not added yet that people have found to be in game at the time. So I doubt energy and time will be spent on custom projects when the details of old need work - especially if the original desire to create the most classic server is still on the table.

The whole "not classic" argument, though popular, has become moot. I agree with the sentiment exactly though. Just saying.

I've read enough posts both here and elsewhere how certain players have kept raid targets on lock down indefinitely while the casual player is pushed aside. I would place good money that resetting the Sleeper on Blue will repeat the same tactics. It is just the nature of games and those "hard core" players that believe having certain pixels over other players makes them ~better~.

As was said to me once in EC, the Elite will always triumph over the weak. A true neckbeard saying if I ever heard it. All because I said the price the person was charging for an item was robbery. LOL.

Baler
02-02-2020, 04:05 PM
SLEEPER CONFIRMED
2021 Green Server~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Will Your Guild Wake The Sleeper?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ripqozko
02-02-2020, 04:15 PM
sorry you dont have warder gear

Croco
02-02-2020, 06:46 PM
sorry you dont have warder gear

Loot*

Jeez can't even get your own quote right.

Yes reset the sleeper. If only to shut this idiot up.

baakss
02-02-2020, 06:51 PM
I think Rogean, during his stream, had mentioned some sort of GM event for bringing back the Warders as custom content.

I don't know if that's still in the cards, but it seems blue is still fairly popular, so maybe?

Sacer
02-02-2020, 07:07 PM
Would be cool, but most importantly remove the rooted dragons in ToV, this change is unclassic and was made when blue had 3+ times the population, it makes no sense now.

Ripqozko
02-02-2020, 07:10 PM
Loot*

Jeez can't even get your own quote right.

Yes reset the sleeper. If only to shut this idiot up.

sorry you are mad about my quote about not having warder loot. Consider green

rkanon
02-02-2020, 09:54 PM
I came to Blue late in the game. So did many, many, many of the players that love and enjoy this server now. I have not seen a warder since live in 2001 or so. With immense appreciation to the dev team I think we can bring them back and mix it up a little, remain relatively classic and make everyone happy. I think blue has essentially reached a point where it needs something to mix it up.

Given that Green is the "holistic classic machine" I think this makes sense.

+1 to the comment that reasons that the Sleeper's Cycle completion can be deemed post-P99 for those who still care about the "not classic" (which, lets be honest, blue isn't. There are plenty of reasons why. Rooted dragons are just one. Original Live"Classic" was built to grow and expand over time with regular content. Thus the nature of P99 at its core is an original concept, and not "Classic", especially after many, many years of a content ceiling. What it is is something incredible and the result of a shit ton of work that i am personally, majorly grateful for)

I am also perplexed at those who say "it isn't happening". I don't think you are giving the devs enough credit. What made no sense prior to green makes alot of sense now. Times have changed.

Dithien
02-02-2020, 09:59 PM
If they cared enough to reset every year or so that would be fine by me.

Grumph
02-02-2020, 11:15 PM
I propose we all start making art out of ogre corpses to compel the gm's to spawn warders again.

Also, maybe up the frequency of blue quakes.

Really the perfect plan I think!

Croco
02-03-2020, 12:08 AM
sorry you are mad about my quote about not having warder loot. Consider green

I'm sorry your self worth is wrapped up in pixels you have that others don't. Consider real life.

Ripqozko
02-03-2020, 12:17 AM
I'm sorry your self worth is wrapped up in pixels you have that others don't. Consider real life.

yea he mad. sorry you will never have warder loot.

Croco
02-03-2020, 12:29 AM
yea he mad. sorry you will never have warder loot.

sorry your life sucks

Ripqozko
02-03-2020, 12:37 AM
sorry your life sucks

im sorry mine will always be filled with warder loot. keep begging tho maybe youll get it.

Croco
02-03-2020, 12:50 AM
im sorry mine will always be filled with warder loot. keep begging tho maybe youll get it.

I'm sorry the only good thing you have in your life is warder loot.

Ripqozko
02-03-2020, 12:51 AM
I'm sorry the only good thing you have in your life is warder loot.

and yet you dont even have that, im sorry tho.

Croco
02-03-2020, 12:57 AM
and yet you dont even have that, im sorry tho.

I don't need it. I'm sorry you desperately do.

deezy
02-03-2020, 12:57 AM
no thanks

Tethler
02-03-2020, 01:02 AM
I don't need it. I'm sorry you desperately do.

You're trying too hard

commongood
02-03-2020, 08:10 AM
Don't feed the troll folks.

In regards to OP: I would very much be for a re-instatement of the warders (and sleeper). Ideally you make it so killing all 4 warders don't cause the sleeper to wake and permanently leave out warders to avoid future drama.

Maybe, for nostalgia's sake the sleeper could make an appearance as part of a GM event down the line if the devs ever want to explore that.

Tilien
02-03-2020, 08:19 AM
Actually I think it could be interesting if the warders would reset every 2 weeks or every month, but only if the sleeper had been killed.

Essentially make players go through the whole event to reset the warders, otherwise the warders stay dead. After the event is over and 2 weeks pass, warders repop and the cycle restarts.

Jack N
02-03-2020, 08:31 AM
NOT CLASSIC

SILENCE!!!!

Tilien
02-03-2020, 08:46 AM
I don't want people enjoying the game in ways I don't.

Oof.

Allishia
02-03-2020, 09:47 AM
Yes please, i want an sod! /nod

Jack N
02-03-2020, 09:56 AM
Oof.

There's plenty of other drugboxes out there where you may get your wish, but not here on Blue.

Good luck on Green - it is your only hope.

Lhord99
02-03-2020, 10:17 AM
Yep, +1 to reset. Give the people something to drop big DKP on and level out the prices of other raid loot in the process so we can have some “hardcore casuals” feel like they can step up more often. Win/win.

Jack N
02-03-2020, 10:19 AM
Hey just put Manastone and Guise back in Guk while you're at it too, ok?

Loke
02-03-2020, 10:41 AM
I'd rather have unrooted tov and no-csr VP back. Would actually make the raid scene interesting again. I understand the intent behind rooted dragons, but it's a failed experiment basically everyone in the raid scene would like to see removed.

As for no-CSR VP, it allowed a really unique playstyle that is not allowed in any other zone. VP sees action once a week for a couple hours top and sits untouched the rest of the week. If train wars and ledge camping were brought back, it would return to being a constant struggle between guilds. It would give AG and Riot something to do other than farm Vindi non-stop. It would actually be interesting and competitive content again. We've got countless zones to rule lawyer and petition quest over, give us one where we can play the game differently absent raid rules. Smaller guilds don't attempt it and the loot is mostly obsolete, but the competition could be brought back.

As for warders, I don't really care either way.

Tilien
02-03-2020, 10:47 AM
It bothers me people still enjoy Blue, can everyone stop that?

Jack N
02-03-2020, 10:49 AM
Stop putting words into my mouth, ya moran.

It bothers me that people think they can destroy the classicness of our beloved server because they feel they missed out.

commongood
02-03-2020, 11:03 AM

It bothers me that people think they can destroy the classicness of our beloved server because they feel they missed out.

Wasn't it the devs themselves that mentioned that Blue may get "costum content" down the road?

How does "costum content" work with your "not classic" mantra? Much on Blue 99 is not classic already.

Jack N
02-03-2020, 11:10 AM
I do not think the custom content they were referring to includes going back and customizing existing classic features.

P99 is more classic than any other server. They get a pass for what they have changed outside of classic because those changes address severe game balance and insanity issues; nothing relating to the Sleeper resembles even in the least other non-classic changes they have made. Reversing a core tenet of how a zone works because some schlubs want certain loot would not be within their reasonable purview, in my opinion. So far we have no reason to suspect that they disagree.

Yoink1986
02-03-2020, 11:21 AM
I like how loke makes a blanket statement about rooted dragons with no data to back it up. On the contrary I know most raiders like the rooted dragons.

Tilien
02-03-2020, 11:32 AM
I need a GM because people still enjoy Blue :(

Yikes.

Jack N
02-03-2020, 11:53 AM
Yikes.

You retarded or something?

Jack N
02-03-2020, 11:55 AM
I hope you still enjoy Blue when you fail to customize it in exactly the way you would like in order to receive loot no longer available in the game.

Nirgon
02-03-2020, 12:01 PM

Yes.

Time to move on from the used up, overfarmed beta server.

Tilien
02-03-2020, 12:26 PM
GM pls/ty! :(

lmao Jack, stop being so emotionally invested in a server you don't even seem to care about. Go play Green, stop stressing.

Axlrose
02-03-2020, 12:45 PM
I find it interesting how much value people seem to place upon pixels no longer available. If you own them - yea, congrats! But to brag about having something others do not, especially on a dead end server where the population of Blue server combined with the Green server gets close to the daily population of the Jita market system in a game like Eve Online (which has over five thousand systems). It is borderline irrelevant when you look at the vast number of gaming servers out there catering to every old ass game to the most modern. It would be like bragging you have an unopened box containing the E.T. gaming cartridge for the Atari 2600! And then getting all belligerent when there is talk of running an emulator.

But if bragging about it gets you through whatever life you decided to live...

Ripqozko
02-03-2020, 12:56 PM
I find it interesting how much value people seem to place upon pixels no longer available. If you own them - yea, congrats! But to brag about having something others do not, especially on a dead end server where the population of Blue server combined with the Green server gets close to the daily population of the Jita market system in a game like Eve Online (which has over five thousand systems). It is borderline irrelevant when you look at the vast number of gaming servers out there catering to every old ass game to the most modern. It would be like bragging you have an unopened box containing the E.T. gaming cartridge for the Atari 2600! And then getting all belligerent when there is talk of running an emulator.

sorry you dont have warder loot.

Loke
02-03-2020, 01:40 PM
I like how loke makes a blanket statement about rooted dragons with no data to back it up. On the contrary I know most raiders like the rooted dragons.

Sorry I'm not out taking polls and compiling data bud, I assumed most people would work under the assumption my statements were based on anecdotal experience. I have yet to speak to a member of AG or Riot that has had anything good to say about rooted dragons.

Yoink1986
02-03-2020, 01:49 PM
So you talked to no one. Congrats?

Loke
02-03-2020, 02:09 PM
So you talked to no one. Congrats?

So you're just here to shit up server chat with RnF quality posts?

kjs86z
02-03-2020, 02:09 PM
+1 for sleeper resets / warders spawning with some degree of regularity.

Freakish
02-03-2020, 02:24 PM

Who is bragging? Ramen? I just hear a lot of complaining about people who weren't there at the time. The warder fights aren't interesting so let's be real it's because you want punching bag loot. I'm all for resetting the warders just realize what kind of Pandora's box you open. I could use more elder beads, manastones and guises and don't want to pay market price for them. Can we reset that so I can experience that content? Or is my complaint not valid because of some inferiority complex suffered when rampage woke the sleeper?

There's a whole server dedicated to those who missed content and want to experience it. Green is over there, go play it so you're there when velious releases and you too can fight dragons.

Axlrose
02-03-2020, 03:00 PM
Who is bragging? Ramen? I just hear a lot of complaining about people who weren't there at the time. The warder fights aren't interesting so let's be real it's because you want punching bag loot. I'm all for resetting the warders just realize what kind of Pandora's box you open. I could use more elder beads, manastones and guises and don't want to pay market price for them. Can we reset that so I can experience that content? Or is my complaint not valid because of some inferiority complex suffered when rampage woke the sleeper?

There's a whole server dedicated to those who missed content and want to experience it. Green is over there, go play it so you're there when velious releases and you too can fight dragons.

Pretty presumptuous with all the "you" thrown around that I am so, so worried about obtaining loot of any kind. I used to play very casually - so casual that after five years of being a member here the highest one of my characters reached was level 30. I saw Project 1999 as a hobby at best - not my life long achievement. If Rogean decided one day to shut down all the servers permanently - that's fine with me. Or resets everything for a free for all with "phat lewt" raining down - that's fine with me too. But watching people spew "sorry you dont have warder loot." as if it is some badge of honor in the grand scheme of things is quite hilarious to me. I don't laugh with these people - I laugh at them!

Sorry if your nerves got rattled Freakish. It is only a game in the end...

Freakish
02-03-2020, 03:59 PM
You don't seem to understand my point but that's ok. Either you can't see the connection between asking for one unclassic reversion and another or you're being willfully ignorant because it helps your case.

Personally I am more of a fan of introducing these coveted drops by other means. GM events aren't gonna happen going by past records. But mayhaps custom quests? Custom casino merchants that let you gamble your plat away? Raid bosses dropping tokens you can use to trade in? /shrug.

Saying 'I don't like that the warder happened because I wasn't there.' Is not a convincing argument that a change needs to be made. Green is right there and a perfectly valid solution to your woes. I've even heard it might be merged into blue in the future.

Lhord99
02-03-2020, 04:15 PM
IDK, I foresee the current ethos of the server creating a healthier Sleeper vibe. The 'ish' posters aside, I think the cooler heads of AG, Riot, KWSM, and anyone else who's got a ST key and can form a PUG (raid), would all see the fruit on the tree of a Sleeper Reset.

In the event we ever decide to awaken the Sleeper again, it could be a cool, cathartic experience that more people can have access to (and a hand in). We've had the opposite, and, well, we've got this post to prove how 'well' that worked.

IDK, it's more about fun than anything. Game's 21 years old; the pixels have gotten got. It's not like there's cheat codes that allow you access to a different Norrath.

It's the little things, Jerry.

enjchanter
02-03-2020, 04:27 PM
How much dkp is a warder worth

Grumph
02-03-2020, 04:30 PM
Does anyone think itd be more likely for them to make some kind of 'custom' raid mob somewhere that drops a DE mask... than put warders back in?

I mean follow the logic: Whenever there's a GM event, what get's awarded?

Molitoth
02-03-2020, 06:07 PM
Delete the Sleeper (and event) altogether, but put the Warders on 7 day respawn.

Jack N
02-03-2020, 06:11 PM
Delete the Warders, put the Sleeper on 7-day respawn.

Daldaen
02-03-2020, 07:03 PM
Perhaps if Vulak and Dozekar stay alive for a month they can resurrect the Warders. Add this code for sure.

deezy
02-03-2020, 07:10 PM
Perhaps if Vulak and Dozekar stay alive for a month they can resurrect the Warders. Add this code for sure.
I heard from rogean and nilbog that if nobody killed any dragons for 10 years the warders will respawn.

commongood
02-04-2020, 06:15 AM
I would be interested in knowing what percentage of players in favor of getting the Warders back already have Warder loot and what percentage do not. Same for players not wanting Warders back.

Initial hypothesis would be that there would be a clear bias. So players having never gotten Warder loot (or even attended a raid involving Warders if we want to expand) would lean towards wanting Warders back and, opposite to that, players that have already gotten Warder loot would lean towards not wanting Warders back.

sycopata666
02-04-2020, 07:22 AM
In a server with 10 years and new people comming back each age to revive the experience have no sense some content being exclussive for early server players, and im sure alot people who cleared the wardens are no longuer in the game. Also is not balanced some people get a item exclussive NO DROP, this mean there are no way to get it. This is non classic, why in classic each expansion update gear and there are no players with exclusive best weapon of the game for more than 3 months. This is just my opinion, and i no expect get the warders loot XD then i think im a neutral point of view.

deezy
02-04-2020, 09:11 AM
I would be interested in knowing what percentage of players in favor of getting the Warders back already have Warder loot and what percentage do not. Same for players not wanting Warders back.

Initial hypothesis would be that there would be a clear bias. So players having never gotten Warder loot (or even attended a raid involving Warders if we want to expand) would lean towards wanting Warders back and, opposite to that, players that have already gotten Warder loot would lean towards not wanting Warders back.
I never looted or raided the wardens and don't want them back. The die is cast.

Duckwalk
02-04-2020, 01:23 PM
I’d like to see them back in. Blue is a museum that allows (filthy) casuals to consume content at their own pace. My two 60s were created in 2012. After numerous hiatuses I’m just now accessing ToV content. When I started TMO monopolized 95%+ of raid content and Azure Guard were scrubs hosting guild events in Befallen (yes, seriously). Now they, or their name at least, represents one of the premier reading guilds on the sever.

Things change, the server evolves. People that want to “compete” for firsts and exclusive content can do it there. I’d even advocate for serial numbers on gear dropped on Green so that the people who derive value out acquiring pixels can not only lord their treasures over the unkempt masses but a lower serial number over neckbeard brethren. “WTS manastone-sn.1/172”.

Anyone arguing against the return of such content is just doing so from a place of greed. The hypocrisy of “but it’s classic” is per se ridiculous in an age of rooted dragons and all the other changes put in place to curb the toxic tendencies of the minority.

Dithien
02-04-2020, 01:34 PM

I’ll just say personally I don’t have any warder loot, nor any particular desire to get any but I would like to see the sleeper awakened. If it happened once a year it would make things a little less stale.

I would guess most of the people against it probably don’t even play anymore.

rkanon
02-04-2020, 01:41 PM
I have not seen many arguments as to WHY folks would not want the Warders to return except for the vague and inherently flawed "not classic" call and simple, honest opinion.

What I do see is alot fo really good angles and reasonings for a return of the Warders, the return of more dynamic content to Blue and the reinvigoration it would bring.

I personally could care less about the loot. It is fun, it is the reward, but the enjoyment lasts for all of 5 minutes. It is the encounters, the inter-guild race for FTE and the interpersonal dynamics and strategy that makes this game enduring.

In the end, thats what it is all about for many of us. Leaving off some of the best, hardest end-game encounters available in this era of the game when the content is limited as it is makes very little sense at this point in the age of this server.

Ripqozko
02-04-2020, 01:58 PM
So if they respawned warders with no loot table we all down?

Duckwalk
02-04-2020, 02:00 PM

Thanks for proving my point. This is coming from a guy who links his warder loot at every opportunity. Also he's an Alabama Tide fan so by default his opinions are irrelevant.

Ripqozko
02-04-2020, 02:04 PM
Thanks for proving my point. This is coming from a guy who links his warder loot at every opportunity. Also he's an Alabama Tide fan so by default his opinions are irrelevant.

Roll tide

Pretzelle
02-04-2020, 02:25 PM
Bring on the Ancients update. The gear is appropriate for this era.

rkanon
02-04-2020, 02:26 PM
What was the "Ancients update"? not recalling from live. I played through the launch of PoP and quit back then.

deezy
02-04-2020, 03:59 PM

Sounds like a good compromise. I wouldn't mind seeing the sleeper spawn at a random location anywhere in norrath and he makes his way to skyshrine from that location. Our maybe he spawns in solb or perma to visit his parents and have a lovely night out with them.

Jack N
02-04-2020, 04:15 PM
Delete the Warders, put the Sleeper on 7-day respawn.

Pretzelle
02-04-2020, 04:39 PM
What was the "Ancients update"? not recalling from live. I played through the launch of PoP and quit back then.

With the warders slain and Kerafyrm free, this historic tomb is now home to a group of ancient dragons: Zeixshi`Kar, Vyskudra, Tjudawos, and Kildrukaun.
https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=10500
https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=10499
https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=10498
https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=10501

Would just need to tweak the items to remove focus effects/level requirements.

enjchanter
02-04-2020, 04:41 PM

Interesting concept , but replace warders will all tov dragons

Curious if rooted dragons still die

Erati
02-04-2020, 05:05 PM
Dwarf masks ruin immersion.

bradsamma
02-04-2020, 07:54 PM
Yes please. I would really like this

Swish
02-04-2020, 07:56 PM
96 of us agree apparently just by commenting :o

Ravager
02-04-2020, 08:57 PM
Resetting Sleeper would diminish the amazing accomplishments of the 12 people who care about it.

Ripqozko
02-04-2020, 08:59 PM
Resetting Sleeper would diminish the amazing accomplishments of the 12 people who care about it.

agreed, consider green.

Scratch&Sniff
02-04-2020, 09:01 PM
I don't think it really matters. Unless things changed blue is slated to receive custom content sometime in the future. They could always classic lock the content on blue now to preserve it while adding new content similar to a traditional expansion but the sky's the limit really.

yeah cuz list and all the other non classic things are totally classic, tired of the "not classic" argument cuz this server isnt classic

Bbeta
02-05-2020, 12:18 PM
I'd be in favor of custom content as long as it is relatively close to classic. Respawning the Warders would totally be in the spirit of this ideal, it creates custom content without crushing the spirit of "classic content".

I also agree that Blue is as far from classic as you could possibly get, 10+ years of kunark and velious is not classic in itself and rooted dragons was the icing on the cake.

Let's not forget the day the sleeper was awoken, Reep and Forsaken killed Vulak fair and square, right in front of Rampage and Hokushin, immediately after the Gharns dropped and Reep became the server first Gharns, Hoku and Rampage ran into Sleeper with beads of tears and woke the sleeper. Obviously out of a childish spite to the server, its community and its creators.

Putting the sleeper back to sleep will reset the reputation Rampage left after they woke the sleeper and walked away from the server.

Let's not forget when Rampage first left the server back in 2012 there core went to EQmac, they grinded fast and hard and woke the sleeper after it has been resting for 10 years. They quit that server came back to P99 and inevitably woke the sleeper.

Never forget the tears of Hokushin, never forget the sleeper was awoken by jealousy and rage and inspite of the server

deezy
02-05-2020, 02:09 PM
I'd be in favor of custom content as long as it is relatively close to classic. Respawning the Warders would totally be in the spirit of this ideal, it creates custom content without crushing the spirit of "classic content".

I also agree that Blue is as far from classic as you could possibly get, 10+ years of kunark and velious is not classic in itself and rooted dragons was the icing on the cake.

Let's not forget the day the sleeper was awoken, Reep and Forsaken killed Vulak fair and square, right in front of Rampage and Hokushin, immediately after the Gharns dropped and Reep became the server first Gharns, Hoku and Rampage ran into Sleeper with beads of tears and woke the sleeper. Obviously out of a childish spite to the server, its community and its creators.

Putting the sleeper back to sleep will reset the reputation Rampage left after they woke the sleeper and walked away from the server.

Let's not forget when Rampage first left the server back in 2012 there core went to EQmac, they grinded fast and hard and woke the sleeper after it has been resting for 10 years. They quit that server came back to P99 and inevitably woke the sleeper.

Never forget the tears of Hokushin, never forget the sleeper was awoken by jealousy and rage and inspite of the server

lol

Ripqozko
02-05-2020, 02:13 PM
Never forget the tears of everyone trying to rationalize bringing them back. Sorry you don't have warder loot.

Yoink1986
02-05-2020, 02:21 PM
Sry it took you till P99 to get Warder loot rip.

Ripqozko
02-05-2020, 02:23 PM
Sry it took you till P99 to get Warder loot rip.

Sorry riot is #2

Yoink1986
02-05-2020, 02:46 PM
Better to be number 2 than be number 1 and waste time killing sontalak :)

baakss
02-05-2020, 03:26 PM

All this “never forget” ranting... Waking the sleeper was like your 9/11.

rkanon
02-05-2020, 03:30 PM
Thank you to the thoughtful ones. I appreciate the intelligent dialogue. I have little to say for the trolls, who dominate post count with inanities but offer nothing of value to the conversation. It is a sad and pathetic reality to be investing your time and energy trolling a thoughtful post on a 20 year old emulated game we all love and play for whatever reasons...

It's sad in the most extreme ways.

And the point is breathing life back into this place we love and the game we choose. Doing so in ways that honor the intention and spirit of the project. It seems simple, elegant and timely to me. There has been no better/more appropriate time for this conversation then right now.

Ripqozko
02-05-2020, 03:32 PM
Without waking we wouldn't get essence lens soon (tm) you are welcome in advance.

rkanon
02-05-2020, 03:54 PM

I play EQ for people and dynamics; for the strategy and push and pull of our community. The loot, advancement and achievement is the substance through which we live out these dynamics, but it is the dynamics that really make this game. We all invest alot of our lives in this. As such, Bbeta's response makes sense. The very real way that went down has lasting implications and reverberations on the people of this server.

It is worth noting that the Sleeper was awakened under these conditions and that it was a massive effectual impact on those who had invested in this server, this space and this reality. Perhaps you are not as invested, perhaps the inter-personal, emotional and strategic minutea do not impact you. I do not think it is an exaggeration to say that most of us who are still here are profoundly effected by these qualities in some way or another. Like it or not, this is a significant aspect of our social world. To diminish the impact of that reality does not seem particularly wise or thoughtful to me.

Of course I am open to differing opinions on this. Just uninspired by thoughtless brevity in responses to people's thoughtful input...

Erati
02-05-2020, 04:25 PM
Had Trampage not wiped to CT instead of going for Vulak, Hoku woulda looted the Gharns.

Ripqozko
02-05-2020, 04:28 PM
Had Trampage not wiped to CT instead of going for Vulak, Hoku woulda looted the Gharns.

Personally I'm glad we should get essence lens, some best twink items and melee ears are hard to come by. Since sleeper is lvl 5 accessible that's dope twink stuff.

Erati
02-05-2020, 04:40 PM
Personally I'm glad we should get essence lens, some best twink items and melee ears are hard to come by. Since sleeper is lvl 5 accessible that's dope twink stuff.

So really we should all be thanking you.

Id love to junk my key asap.

Ripqozko
02-05-2020, 04:44 PM
So really we should all be thanking you.

Id love to junk my key asap.

All mine as well. I'd love to leave the zone.

Ravager
02-05-2020, 06:06 PM
I play EQ for people and dynamics; for the strategy and push and pull of our community. The loot, advancement and achievement is the substance through which we live out these dynamics, but it is the dynamics that really make this game. We all invest alot of our lives in this. As such, Bbeta's response makes sense. The very real way that went down has lasting implications and reverberations on the people of this server.

It is worth noting that the Sleeper was awakened under these conditions and that it was a massive effectual impact on those who had invested in this server, this space and this reality. Perhaps you are not as invested, perhaps the inter-personal, emotional and strategic minutea do not impact you. I do not think it is an exaggeration to say that most of us who are still here are profoundly effected by these qualities in some way or another. Like it or not, this is a significant aspect of our social world. To diminish the impact of that reality does not seem particularly wise or thoughtful to me.

Of course I am open to differing opinions on this. Just uninspired by thoughtless brevity in responses to people's thoughtful input...
The Sleeper is necessary for any of this? It's a fraction of a fraction more content than what is already available. Go to RnF and find the 28 page thread on Crookstinger. Clearly one doesn't need the Sleeper to be emotionally invested in this server. Hell, if it's inter-personal and strategic minutea that you're really interested in, take a page out of A-Team's book, get a few friends together and come up with strategies to do the hard content with a handful of people. If it's about getting inspects in EC tunnel, tinted armor will do that.

But it's probably just about wanting pixels you can't have. Level up on Green and ride some coattails or start your own server with blackjack and hookers if you want warder loot.

Resetting Sleeper on Blue is silly seeing as they're basically already doing that with Green.

Evia
02-05-2020, 06:52 PM
Don't reset sleeper. Its one of the biggest known facts about classic EQ that he's a 'one shot' kind of mob.... The one and only mob to function the way he does.

Its beautiful and Its magicial. Please don't ruin that for the sake of a couple cry babies who didn't get warder loot.

rkanon
02-05-2020, 06:56 PM
The Sleeper is necessary for any of this? It's a fraction of a fraction more content than what is already available. Go to RnF and find the 28 page thread on Crookstinger. Clearly one doesn't need the Sleeper to be emotionally invested in this server. Hell, if it's inter-personal and strategic minutea that you're really interested in, take a page out of A-Team's book, get a few friends together and come up with strategies to do the hard content with a handful of people. If it's about getting inspects in EC tunnel, tinted armor will do that.

But it's probably just about wanting pixels you can't have. Level up on Green and ride some coattails or start your own server with blackjack and hookers if you want warder loot.

Resetting Sleeper on Blue is silly seeing as they're basically already doing that with Green.

Is it necessary? No. Is there a solid argument why not to? Haven't seen one yet. Any content that can fit into the server relative to aesthetic and goal that can be added will create more experiences. I understand that many are pixel obsessed. Believe it or not, we are not all motivated by that. It is the currency of achievement in this game but not the reason. What makes pixels earned in EQ different than every other experience in every other game? The people and the strategy. After all, the pixels were essentially outdated even when they were launched 20 years ago.

I do appreciate you for bringing something requiring more than 2 firing neurons to type. The idea of attempting to tackle existing targets with less people and more efficiency fits right into the spirit of what I am expressing. That's the stuff. I think it is a great idea, and, I do not see that as an argument to not have the full spectrum of available content at our fingertips as well.

What surprises me the most, and I am happy for the reflection, is how much "meh" there is. Granted, exponentially more folks are for it, the ones who are "meh" or trolling the negative post 4x more frequently in this thread, in proper troll fashion.

rkanon
02-05-2020, 07:07 PM
Don't reset sleeper. Its one of the biggest known facts about classic EQ that he's a 'one shot' kind of mob.... The one and only mob to function the way he does.

Its beautiful and Its magicial. Please don't ruin that for the sake of a couple cry babies who didn't get warder loot.

"cry babies who didn't get warder loot." Once again missing the point. It seems like every dissenting voice I hear has an obsession with the "warder loot" as a focus. Also, this "magical" event you speak of was created with the knowledge that in mere MONTHS you would have Luclin and PoP on its heels. And the Ancients were added in short order on Live.

Here we are years and years later. Utterly outside of any intention or strategy that would have ever been implemented by anyone relative to this game. It is false-classic to the max. To keep things at the Velious ceiling (which I love, BTW) for ever, but to not reset all possible Velious encounters occasionally makes no sense in any logical world.

Thus far the only factor that anyone has given for not doing so is along the lines of "cry babies who got no Warder loot". Which misses the point and spirit of the thing altogether. Yes, more folks would get Warder loot. Perhaps strip down the loot table? Perhaps beef up the warder encounters? Or just let the encounter exist again after years and years in the only semblance of reason that I can see within the logical constraints of the project.

The point is content, raid opportunities and the full Velious experience. I would like to see the numbers, but I bet over 90% of the existing blue player base was not even around when there were Warders.

Haynar
02-05-2020, 09:17 PM
I bet if Sleeper was reset, it would be woke within 24 hrs.

AK had a broken Sleeper. So takp has permanent ST 1.0. So many Sods. Still sell for 50k. But still fun.

Rip ST. Play green. Likely will never see ST before Sleeper woke. So prepare the tears.

Taiku
02-05-2020, 09:57 PM
reset sleeper and warders (with no loot, or with random other god loot but not limited sleeper loot)

Dithien
02-05-2020, 10:47 PM

AK had a broken Sleeper. So takp has permanent ST 1.0. So many Sods. Still sell for 50k. But still fun.

Rip ST. Play green. Likely will never see ST before Sleeper woke. So prepare the tears.

How fast your reckon he will be woken on Green?

rkanon
02-05-2020, 10:57 PM
He was woken on Blue in a fairly dramatic and unique way. I get the sense folks will be weary of letting it happen again...

Ripqozko
02-05-2020, 11:19 PM
He was woken on Blue in a fairly dramatic and unique way. I get the sense folks will be weary of letting it happen again...

it really wasnt that dramatic, we farmed it enough where shrouds were gonna goto alts or trazzle. shit was farmed enough. sorry you werent there.

Naethyn
02-06-2020, 12:30 AM
voted no

baakss
02-06-2020, 01:24 AM
The tears of those whose sod's and shrouds are no longer unique enough would be worth it alone.

Domni
02-06-2020, 03:52 AM
Voted yes, but only if the sleeper script is disabled and the warders spawn every week just like every other dragon. -Maybe just death touch everyone in the zone when the 4th warder dies to simulate the sleeper awakening :D

I have the impression that the main selling point of green is for legacy pixels, and not the actual experience of playing the game. If this is true, then they will likely not reset it.

Blue is much more enjoyable these days now that most of the toxicity was siphoned to the new server. Wake them or don't, it's all okay with me. The main thing is to keep the toxic players on the new server and away from blue. If we have to sacrifice the warders (and all the other legacy loot too) to enable that, then I'm all on board.

Evia
02-06-2020, 06:56 AM
"cry babies who didn't get warder loot." Once again missing the point. It seems like every dissenting voice I hear has an obsession with the "warder loot" as a focus. Also, this "magical" event you speak of was created with the knowledge that in mere MONTHS you would have Luclin and PoP on its heels. And the Ancients were added in short order on Live.

Here we are years and years later. Utterly outside of any intention or strategy that would have ever been implemented by anyone relative to this game. It is false-classic to the max. To keep things at the Velious ceiling (which I love, BTW) for ever, but to not reset all possible Velious encounters occasionally makes no sense in any logical world.

Thus far the only factor that anyone has given for not doing so is along the lines of "cry babies who got no Warder loot". Which misses the point and spirit of the thing altogether. Yes, more folks would get Warder loot. Perhaps strip down the loot table? Perhaps beef up the warder encounters? Or just let the encounter exist again after years and years in the only semblance of reason that I can see within the logical constraints of the project.

The point is content, raid opportunities and the full Velious experience. I would like to see the numbers, but I bet over 90% of the existing blue player base was not even around when there were Warders.

Nah man. With all due respect I think you're missing the point.

Sleeper is ICONIC! Partially because he was supposedly 'unkillable' but also because his event only happens one time. You taint and devalue the whole experience if he just gets 'reset' and to be frank it's incredibly immersion breaking.

Sure they've made unclassic changes at times, and that gives you hope this could be changed too, but sleeper being a one time event is such a classic EQ tradition it would be blasphemous to the spirit of classic EQ to change that.

Sleeper isn't supposed to be experienced by everyone. That was kinda the point.

Izmael
02-06-2020, 07:41 AM
Basically all the nerds saying "no" are scared shitless for their precious pixels. The smell of fear is hard to hide behind the "sorry you didn't..." garbage.

Anyway, when the time comes for Green 2.0, if they merge manastones and guises back to Blue, it would make sense to also make ST farmable again. No reason to devalue some very rare items and not others. N&R are surely very well aware of that.

deezy
02-06-2020, 01:28 PM
Basically all the nerds saying "no" are scared shitless for their precious pixels. The smell of fear is hard to hide behind the "sorry you didn't..." garbage.

Lol

Ripqozko
02-06-2020, 01:35 PM

Anyway, when the time comes for Green 2.0, if they merge manastones and guises back to Blue, it would make sense to also make ST farmable again. No reason to devalue some very rare items and not others. N&R are surely very well aware of that.

Sorry you don't*, have warder loot.

Naethyn
02-06-2020, 02:37 PM
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Rulo-gw83K2BRznVXXW1lS9NCVSv8lqvZnsNA_0k6vg/edit?usp=sharing

#protectthetomb

Evia
02-06-2020, 02:51 PM
I want to add I never got any warder loot or even got a sleepers tomb key. Would love to have gotten a Tink mask....oh well thats EQ

Goodest
02-06-2020, 03:52 PM
They don't even have the lens quest in the game... So it's still like he's asleep without the warders and the shit show that would be.

Zekayy
02-06-2020, 04:43 PM

still haunts him to this to this day he didnt get the first gharns

Ripqozko
02-06-2020, 04:45 PM
still haunts him to this to this day he didnt get the first gharns

Still haunts the entire server they won't get warder loot and make 30 page rants every few months.

Yoink1986
02-06-2020, 04:50 PM
It’s actually not rants coming from those who think it would be cool to have them in rip. It’s rants from those who don’t.

Ripqozko
02-06-2020, 04:51 PM
It’s actually not rants coming from those who think it would be cool to have them in rip. It’s rants from those who don’t.

It's all crying for loot, sorry you don't see it that way because you want loot you can't have. Consider green.

Allishia
02-06-2020, 05:32 PM
Would be fun to see warders. I did on live but not when it was current content. Wish they made it where you couldn't wake the sleeper.

So many neat items no longer drop cause ppl are selfish and want to hurt others.

I remember a poor lizard monk named exalt who had like a mental break down when they woke the sleeper cause he was next up for the robe.

Boggles my mind how greedy/selfish people can be and then they try to say it's competitive, pfft :p

Toomuch
02-06-2020, 05:43 PM
I also second the motion to re-add warders. It's part of the experience I'd love to, well, experience.

For the extremely vocal minority that keep repeating "go to green nub*", "shoulda been there when it happened get gud lolz**" and "not classic***", please chill.

*For now, Green doesn't seem like my kinda jam. There's some serious toxicity there, because a significant amount of the most toxic people that were on blue are now on green. I'm enjoying blue more now than ever.

**I wasn't there for that, I just wasn't. This whole project is about going back and experiencing this stuff again, so that argument, to me, is completely invalid.

***If we really wanted it to be "classic only", then we're ALL outta luck, because that ship sailed 20 years ago. None of this is classic. Blue server being around this many years is the most un-classic thing ever. There were are a bunch of things that aren't classic (limits on area of affect, the whole /list thing, rooted dragons in ToV, the tools and methods the Devs and management use to track and prevent cheating & RMT), but these things have been set up this way because it's been deemed better for certain good reasons.

This project is a re-creation for a reason.

None of us are saying we want to have a daily GM event where they hand out SoD's and Essence Lenses, we're saying we want to do the raids we're missing.

If we REALLY want what people got from warders to be truly unique, then maybe release ST 2.0, with Ancient Prismatic weapons and stuff? I'd prefer just to reset the script and change it so that the Sleeper just doesn't wake up anymore, no matter what, but again that'd be "custom" and "not classic," but I think it'd be BETTER, which as previously stated, is the choice that's been made in a lot of other cases.

deezy
02-06-2020, 07:01 PM
None of us are saying we want to have a daily GM event where they hand out SoD's and Essence Lenses, we're saying we want to do the raids we're missing.

green server has everything you've missed out on.

Yoink1986
02-06-2020, 07:30 PM
Psst rip I’m a mage. I don’t need or particularly care for Warder loot genius. But would be fun for others to experience and snag some fun loot.

Ripqozko
02-06-2020, 07:45 PM
Psst rip I’m a mage. I don’t need or particularly care for Warder loot genius. But would be fun for others to experience and snag some fun loot.

Psst yoink so am I, ramen is my main and a mage.

jpetrick
02-06-2020, 08:45 PM
how about a server wide call to unroot the dragons

tov is dumb right now

Ripqozko
02-06-2020, 09:30 PM
how about a server wide call to unroot the dragons

tov is dumb right now

im with that, unroot them.

Korcewynd
02-07-2020, 12:02 PM
Unroot dragons...
Reset sleepers every freaking month if need be.
Theres no way we can have nice things so if its not reset every month/quarter/year theres no point.

zanderklocke
02-07-2020, 12:44 PM
https://i.imgur.com/6vADEdp.jpg

I remember a Rampage member privately messaged me that some of them didn't really believe they'd be denying pixels/raid-content to others by waking the sleeper when I indicated it was sort of a selfish of them to wake the Sleeper.

Obviously, this message hasn't aged too well.

rkanon
02-07-2020, 01:03 PM
So far everyone who has conveyed a lack of desire for this encounter to be reset were folks who were there at the time and participated in it. Is this inaccurate?

Dithien
02-07-2020, 01:08 PM
Is the essence lens quest even in game yet?

Ripqozko
02-07-2020, 02:59 PM
Is the essence lens quest even in game yet?

Soon (tm) but it can't exist without sleeper being woke.

Dithien
02-07-2020, 03:09 PM
Soon (tm) but it can't exist without sleeper being woke.

True. It wouldn’t really make sense to do reset the Sleeper until it has been in game awhile anyway.

azeth
02-07-2020, 03:40 PM
never.

Zekayy
02-07-2020, 05:35 PM

Resetting the sleeper is what sony did well techinally not resetting but despawned him because guilds were close to killing him due to what they thought was a bug and it wasnt but they eventually put him back, so the guilds could attempt to kill him again Players overwhelmingly believe SOE’s decision was driven by their fear of virtual anarchy. Daybreak, however, says that they did it not out of surprise, or vindictiveness, megalomania or even fear for the fate of Rallos Zek’s storyline. They thought there was a bug. So, they respawned the beast.

On November 17th, 2003, Rallos Zek’s three governing guilds reconvened to slay the Sleeper, which Sony resurrected after an apology. so if sony can do that and reset him when will p99 put him back in the game??? https://kotaku.com/the-surprising-and-allegedly-impossible-death-of-everqu-1785741600 if the devs here are worried about it being awoken in 24 hours again then just a rule in place that you cant awaken the beast like Takp and other servers have

Trzzle
02-08-2020, 01:13 PM
Even if they did reset ST I think we could find enough randos to kill Nanzata no problem.

Izmael
02-08-2020, 01:38 PM
When we talk about resetting ST, it's not just repopping the warders. It's about resetting ST and making the Sleeper unwakeable.

Arkanjil
02-08-2020, 03:18 PM
Sure it would be nice...but will never happen :P

Alde
02-08-2020, 05:36 PM
I support OP's endeavour but where's my guild? :rolleyes:

Ravager
02-08-2020, 05:38 PM
So far everyone who has conveyed a lack of desire for this encounter to be reset were folks who were there at the time and participated in it. Is this inaccurate?
I wasn't there. Would have liked a tink mask myself, but oh well. Would have taken far more time and sleepless nights than I was willing to invest on something I *might* get to do. There's worse things than missing out. And as Haynar pointed out, there's servers where this stuff exists, so it's not at all out of reach for anyone.

Zekayy
02-09-2020, 05:41 AM

we are AG now

Zekayy
02-09-2020, 05:42 AM
Still haunts the entire server they won't get warder loot and make 30 page rants every few months.

true shit

Zekayy
02-09-2020, 05:43 AM
green server has everything you've missed out on.

Not really they arent in velious yet

bradsamma
02-09-2020, 01:28 PM
Not really they arent in velious yet

What happens when green and blue merge?

Toomuch
02-09-2020, 05:02 PM
So here’s a couple fun takes on a “custom content” version of ST, piggybacking someone else’s idea: instead of just the 4 warders, each spawn point has a chance of spawning any CoV raid dragon (or maybe a list of 8 or so CoV dragons) including any one of the 4 warders, and have the window be something like 10 or 11 days (something non-standard) with like a + or - 6 hour window.

It would keep warder loot very rare, for those that are excessively proud/protective of their unique pixels, but still provide the chance for new people to experience that content. On a quake or reset, it would likely open things up a little more, maybe making it so that the raid guilds are stepping on each other’s toes just a little bit less.

rkanon
02-09-2020, 06:11 PM
Quote: "...keep warder loot very rare, for those that are excessively proud/protective of their unique pixels, ..."
Lol.
Good suggestions

t3kn34k
02-11-2020, 02:23 AM
https://i.imgur.com/6vADEdp.jpg

I remember a Rampage member privately messaged me that some of them didn't really believe they'd be denying pixels/raid-content to others by waking the sleeper when I indicated it was sort of a selfish of them to wake the Sleeper.

Obviously, this message hasn't aged too well.

If I recall correctly, some weird rock dropped off of Vulak earlier that very night... for the first time ever...

https://i.imgur.com/YYLtu3I.png
Rest in peace Reep

sydbarrett25
02-11-2020, 09:49 AM
All of this is a pipe dream, doubt they will ever reset them when there is green servers to experience that content. However, all have been good ideas, one in particular would be to wake the sleeper on each quake, for lets say a day or something, the sleeper takes it path across velious, warders are up and then disappear after a certain amount of time. This would limit the number of drops.

Domni
02-11-2020, 12:32 PM
However, all have been good ideas, one in particular would be to wake the sleeper on each quake, for lets say a day or something, the sleeper takes it path across velious, warders are up and then disappear after a certain amount of time. This would limit the number of drops.

They'd still all die.

commongood
02-12-2020, 08:37 AM
They'd still all die.

For how many cycles did the guilds raiding on blue leave up one warder? People seem certain they would instantly all 4 be killed. But realistically only two guilds currently would be able to, Riot and AG. I find it decidedly more likely that those two guilds would agree to not wake the sleeper than some spite-driven waking of Kerafyrm.

Izmael
02-12-2020, 08:43 AM
They'd farm it until the officers get enough loot, then wake it. Only realistic way is to prevent the script from being triggered.

commongood
02-12-2020, 08:45 AM
They'd farm it until the officers get enough loot, then wake it. Only realistic way is to prevent the script from being triggered.

If we're tampering with "classic" enough to reset the sleeper I would also be favor of disabling the waking of the sleeper.

Still not sure I buy the evil intentions theory. Just because someone was an asshole at one point doesn't mean someone else would be another time, given the same options.

Yoink1986
02-12-2020, 10:43 AM
Being in Riot and knowing the Sleeper wouldn’t yield loot no way we would wake the sleeper. Wouldn’t get anything out of it. Would prolly rotate between us and AG till Kittens had enough keys to try themselves.

Tilien
02-12-2020, 11:02 AM
I think the "spite" and "farm" issues would be solved by making the event only reset all at once. If you kill 1 warder it won't respawn. After all 4 are dead you need to kill the sleeper and then the event resets after 1 week, 2 weeks, 1 month etc. from sleeper time of death.

Legday
02-12-2020, 12:51 PM

Hey bud - I still fly the AM flag when I login for 5 minutes every 2-3 months.

Vallyx
02-13-2020, 05:29 AM
Agreed.

Izmael
02-13-2020, 05:41 AM
If we're tampering with "classic" enough to reset the sleeper I would also be favor of disabling the waking of the sleeper.

Still not sure I buy the evil intentions theory. Just because someone was an asshole at one point doesn't mean someone else would be another time, given the same options.

See live servers ST history.