PDA

View Full Version : Rogue solo need a Loan please

sycopata666
02-06-2020, 07:41 AM
I apologize if anyone is offended by this request, but as a Rogue, it is hard for me to level up alone, despite the great help I have had so far by the blue community.
My strategy so far has been to hold as many life points as possible,this include priest/druid EC tunnel buffs, In order to be able to heal me with bandages at 50% of life, and with that 50% of life to face blue / green enemies, the problem is that this is starting to no work, and at lvl 30 leveling zones are far from EC tunnel, and that 50% of life is already falling short to be able to face the light blues, and some times with a bad luck critial hits from enemies, i dead and exp non advance so much.
This mean wen i reach 50% life with bandages, i have to sit and wait life go to 75% a more secure pool, but this take so long, considering my continuous consumption of bandages 1p each stack, my income is very low and my capacity for limited savings, it is for this reason that if someone has an Ceremonia iksar tunic in some alter that is not using, and could lend it to me temporarily, I would be very grateful,
I know is a atipic request and I hope that reaching higher levels month will be easier to find groups and not have to continue playing solo as a Rogue, and return the tunic that of course and due to its value I will always return to its owner at any time they need it.

If no one can help me, im just keeping leveling slow like other people sure did, not be mad for my request please, i just want lvl up to cach the hi lvl meta of blue community.

Bondrake
02-06-2020, 08:35 AM
That's why you either play in groups or make another class that can solo better and then twink your rogue. Rogues are not meant for solo play.

sycopata666
02-06-2020, 08:40 AM
Im in LFG on from lvl 1 to now, and no one telle me for group, im just requesting help for succes in this situation. I can deal with it, but i can accept help if some one can deal it.

Bondrake
02-06-2020, 08:41 AM
You're asking for a 10k BP at level 28. You have high hopes. Good luck.

sycopata666
02-06-2020, 08:49 AM
I know, but what can i lose to request help? The worst posivility are just keep like now. I asket please no being mad for my request, but sems is happening anyway.
Again, is just a request a temporal 10k BP, not a gift, if some one can help, and want help me are welcome, im going just keep waiting for group and killing light blues like now :). and if help non comming, bad luck, i have got alreally so much help from blue people, then i just can say Thanks.

Tecmos Deception
02-06-2020, 08:54 AM
Well on the plus side, you can sit around resting to 100% while hidden on your rogue on blue while you solo well on your sham on green!

sycopata666
02-06-2020, 09:09 AM
Well on the plus side, you can sit around resting to 100% while hidden on your rogue on blue while you solo well on your sham on green!

Im doing alot home work waiting my life regen, yes hide helps so much for afk rest. :) my wife is happy , and my home so much pulite ;). But i have limited free time to play and play 2 minutes each 10 are depressing. Is first time i play a non natural regen race.

Tilien
02-06-2020, 09:59 AM
Rogue can be relatively equipment and group dependent. I'd recommend finding when groups do form on Blue. Depending on your play time there tend to be groups in High Keep goblins which is great at level 30. Alternatively, find someone to duo with. Rogue/necro fear kiting duo can be pretty decent with low down time.

Finally: Level a solo heavy class before leveling a rogue. To compare: I have a level 36 paladin and a level 34 necro. My paladin has about 1.5k in the bank and my necro has about 10k in the bank after buying themselves equipment to level up and despite my paladin spending a lot more on gear than my necro he kills far more slowly.

It would be easy for my necro to twink out my paladin with another 10k of gear and my necro's leveling experience would probably not slow down much from the loss of cash.

Tecmos Deception
02-06-2020, 10:11 AM
Even if you had racial regen or a ceremonial bp though, you'd still have only 3-4 minutes of play per 10 minutes. Rogues just aren't built for solo, even when you go ALL out with regen and snare procs/poisons and instill doubt and bandaging and stuff.

Instead of just turning on LFG, consider looking for necros, shadowknights, bards, or rangers (if they have panic animal) to duo with. They snare and fear something, you stab it in the back. I personally find this super annoying to do as a rogue, but it lets you do your full damage without getting hit much or at all, and without needing to find a tank+healer+more group. Or even duo with a paladin or a shaman. ANYTHING but solo unless you really, really want to solo. It's a rogue's last resort.

sycopata666
02-06-2020, 10:18 AM
Tnx for the advices, if some one in 30 lvl range want to duo, i prefer it 100% to solo with a iksar bp. Just tell me ingame, i have decent DPS.

Barik
02-06-2020, 11:51 AM
When you log on, /who all 30 40 and be proactive and make groups yourself. Don’t be a little bitch and QQ about it.

sycopata666
02-06-2020, 12:00 PM
Are not 6 lvls the max range to get exp in a group?

Sizar
02-06-2020, 12:03 PM
Are not 6 lvls the max range to get exp in a group?

The formula is 1.5x your current level, so if you are level 30 you can group with a 45 and still get xp

sycopata666
02-06-2020, 12:05 PM
Oooooo, this open alot the window tnx so much

YendorLootmonkey
02-06-2020, 12:17 PM
if you are level 30 you can group with a 45 and still get xp

I mean, you won't notice it, but you'll still get it!

Allishia
02-06-2020, 12:40 PM
I have a lowbe necromancer that could use another pet, if you don't mind chasing the mob :p

sycopata666
02-06-2020, 12:45 PM
I have a lowbe necromancer that could use another pet, if you don't mind chasing the mob :p

Yea, just tell me in game i love do it from the back.

Kabobtik
02-07-2020, 01:39 AM
Rogue and Necro fear kite is a little OP. Go to Overthere and fear kite and level together. Its actually really efficient and quick to level that way. I did it on my rogue. You are just a high damage pet for the necro.

Sacer
02-07-2020, 02:04 AM
Yeah finding a necro to level with would be a million times better than a +5 regen bp.

And you aren't slowing him down leeching exp, a nec solo fear kiting require a lot of mana spent to outdps the pet and get full exp, with a rogue the necro only have to snare and fear, you kill constantly no downtime it's really enjoyable and efficient for both parties in my opinion.

You can also do that playstyle with a bard, it's a little less efficient but still much much better than solo.

If your goal is to solo and only solo I would advise you to reroll another class, even with crazy twink gear a rogue will always be much slower and harder than playing a half decent solo class.

Lurgort/Sseri
02-07-2020, 04:00 AM
Yes, requesting items other people took the time to acquire so they can level easier on an alt isn't cool. Making friends with a Necro and be a level 53+ pet at level 30 is much better. You can probably level to 50+ together and be a really good start to a cash camp group.

sycopata666
02-07-2020, 04:32 AM
Yes definitive, im going to save money for a Jbots MQ and find a partner for lvl up, i tried it yesterday with no so much luck and is danger no get sow if you play with a FD parther XD

sycopata666
02-07-2020, 05:22 AM
I would like to update the request, first of all thank the advice given, both those that I have received in the forum, as well as in the game and also the constructive criticisms, of why my request was not correct.

That's why I withdraw my request.

Thanks to your advice, especially those that I have received within the game, I am able to continue advancing and my income has improved a lot, because I am saving about 100p an hour, with what I hope in 45 hours of game to be able to access the Jboots, thing It will make travel and search for partners a lot easier, despite convincing people to stop playing alone. Thank you so much for everything.

I would love to be able to erase this thread, but I think I will overcome the shame and hope I can help other people.

Greetings.

Tecmos Deception
02-07-2020, 08:41 AM
Lol. Don't worry about getting advice that helps you out. Everybody gets that. And the people that were giving you a hard time for asking to borrow something were a bit out of line imo. I'm not normally one to cut people much slack, but you didn't ask to be given anything, you seem to have been trying what you can to make soloing work, etc. You deserved some polite tips, not bitching like some people gave.

And one more bit of advice from me would be, think twice before buying jboots. You could spend plat on 10-dose blood of the wolf potions (10 doses per potion of 36-minute-long spirit of wolf) instead. 4000pp would buy you like 300 hours of spirit of wolf, which is faster than jboot speed.

Jboots are convenient and last forever, but you could start affording sow pots right now, and they're better for traveling since they're faster, and even though they have a limited duration, you don't need to be using them all the time anyway (and you CAN'T even use them in dungeons).

Or at least consider picking up a few sow pots for now to help you get around until you're ready to buy jboots.

Duckwalk
02-07-2020, 01:04 PM
What Tecmos said.

To add to that, EQ is and was designed as a game that forced dependence on other players/classes. Instead of slaving away saving your copper consider making friends with a druid. They can cast sow and other druid buffs on you for free and together you'll vastly increase your potential compared to solo efforts.

With a druid you can fear kite snared animals or aggro kite/charm kite with very little danger.

With a ranger you can fear kite snared animals.

With a necro you can fear kite snared anything at a super efficient rate as has been previously mentioned.

Your class is built around doing high support dps. With essentially any combination of classes you'll be able to find strategies that are much more efficient than playing like a gimped warrior as you are now.

Go out and meet people. Good luck !

98bcobra
02-07-2020, 02:17 PM
Learn how to strafe and backstab from the side. It helps alot when soloing on a rogue. You will take hits like a wet paper bag but atleast do more damage when it lands.

Philistine
02-07-2020, 02:48 PM
I'm sorry to hear things are so dead at lower level. Have you checked Mistmoore for groups? The place was jumping before Green came out - I'd think there would still be a group or two running most nights?

Bondrake
02-07-2020, 04:19 PM
at 30 do goblins in HHK.

Vallyx
02-13-2020, 05:25 AM
Roll a caster to fund a melee. You've got a rough road ahead of you if you go straight for a melee. Sure, you'll hit 60 eventually, but you'll have no way to farm plat and your rogue won't be nearly as geared as it would if you rolled it after say, an enchanter or a shaman.

Do yourself a favor - push the pause button on the rogue and level a necro, a chanter, a mage, or a shaman. This game is unforgiving and farming plat on a rogue is going to be extremely difficult with cheap/crap gear.

I rolled a rogue (currently my main toon) after I saved up enough plat to level comfortably and buy my own fungi/jewelry/weapons etc. It doesn't hurt to ask, but I highly doubt anyone will loan you 10k+ with no reputation on the server at all. Get into a guild and make friends asap. Rogue is fun, but not with crap gear. Melee toons are extremely gear dependent, while some casters can farm plat comfortably while completely naked.

Good luck! Feel free to message Aaxion/Aavixx in game - I will help a little, but no way in hell I'll loan ya 10k :)

ScottBerta
02-13-2020, 11:34 PM
No point to solo on a rogue.. really only good for BS and can’t do that solo. Just go to places and find groups. Not sure where at 28 that would be but p99 level guide would give u some good options. People love to exp with Rogues so shouldn’t be to hard.

Another suggestion is roll a Druid, Necro or Chanter who are less gear dependent and great Soloers.. get one of these three leveled up quick and with the pp you make Twink out your rogue. Many of us have done this same thing with using a caster to then Twink a melee.

sycopata666
02-14-2020, 03:44 AM
The problem of this mentality is what make no consider blue to new players, i have found some groups but majority of people is just solo twinks, and no want to duo, why they are ok solo, my rutine actualy are log in blue, type /who X X all see every players spread alone in the world , and log in in green to play a Online game, i want revive the Eq experience and eq experience is the MMO experience, the mentality of lvl up a solo caster to twink a mele to solo it, just make blue a Raid hi end server, and actualy the fun of reach this statge is over :). Bad luck

Deadfather
02-22-2020, 03:50 AM
OP, hit me up, I can lend you some stuff if that helps. I dont play atm and wont until end of the year, so why not if you’re not an asshole.

sycopata666
02-22-2020, 04:16 AM
OP, hit me up, I can lend you some stuff if that helps. I dont play atm and wont until end of the year, so why not if you’re not an asshole.

Thank you very much for the offer, but I decided to withdraw my request. I have considered playing on the green server, and enjoying group play.

Wallicker
02-22-2020, 09:17 AM
Welcome to green!

Philistine
02-22-2020, 01:36 PM
Thank you very much for the offer, but I decided to withdraw my request. I have considered playing on the green server, and enjoying group play.

Green is definitely much much better for low level groups. I think you'll be glad to made the switch!

Rokkeb
02-22-2020, 06:52 PM
The biggest problem is how dead blue is under 45ish.

Prime time saturday: Oasis 5 (1 hunting specters) unrest 6 (all 30ish.. no teens or 20s in the lower areas), crushbone 1, blackburrow 1, west karana 1, mistmoore 3, High keep 6, mostly at the lvl hunting top floor, looked like maybe 2 correct lvl for gobs. EC 1 guy getting power leveled at orc 1, not letting anyone join. Most other hot leveling zones i checked were empty. Guks, TOFS, SolA, lavastorm, najena, befallen, iceclad, OT always has people in it, but i couldn't find anyone grouping or killing in the usual spots on my druid. FV had a single bard.

It's a ghost town, and not everyone wants to start over at square 1, and wait for the expacs to release.

wagorf
02-25-2020, 05:09 AM
To be honest, regen can only help so much for rogue soloing. Once you hit 40 45 or so you are still going have quite some down time even with great gears. My 400k rogue was a pain to solo past 45, not because it's not possible or considerable downtime, but because you know you could do so much more dmg yet when you solo you are doing less than a ranger. I gave up soloing around around lvl 53, at which I felt was already burning me out.

If you want to level fast, find a partner or group is probably the fastest route. Sitting there with LFG sign < being proactive sending tells < go stand next to leveling group and ask if there is spot.

eqravenprince
02-25-2020, 01:40 PM
Get 2 sets of gear, 1 to push your HP as high as possible. After each fight, put on the HP gear and bind wound up to 50%. Then put on the DPS gear +str/haste, it'll look like your HP is at 70% plus you will be doing more damage. Don't forget to bind wound during fights.

sycopata666
02-25-2020, 01:42 PM
Get 2 sets of gear, 1 to push your HP as high as possible. After each fight, put on the HP gear and bind wound up to 50%. Then put on the DPS gear +str/haste, it'll look like your HP is at 70% plus you will be doing more damage. Don't forget to bind wound during fights.

Genius, just no undertand what you mean abound bind wound during a fight, do you no stop from dps?

Jimjam
02-25-2020, 01:48 PM
/stand, tab back to previous target, reengage autoattack.

eqravenprince
02-25-2020, 03:43 PM
Genius, just no undertand what you mean abound bind wound during a fight, do you no stop from dps?

Create a macro. I'm not at home to check. But I believe it goes something like this:

/attack off
/target yourcharactername
/doability 3
/stand

Then you just click on your target and hit auto attack. 3 in doability is whatever number your bind wound is mapped to. Obviously you need to be under 50% just like normal bind wound rules. You can't move, sometimes the NPC will push you resulting in bind wound failing. Also, you may need a /pause 2 in your macro, I have one somewhere in mine since I copied from someone else. Once you get the message that bind wound completed, you can rinse and repeat. Test it out on trivial mobs to get the hang of it first.

sycopata666
02-25-2020, 04:57 PM
After 20 years, and i still learning... Tnx alot

Snaggles
02-29-2020, 05:11 PM
If it makes you feel any better the ikky won’t help you solo for much further than 30 anyways. 5hps a tick is just under 1dps hit point recovery...a two min fight (if you can survive) only nets back 100 hps. It helps with downtime but that’s about it.

I’ve leveled two characters at a time for years. It takes you longer to get there but never run out of things to do when play time is limited.

Good luck and yes, make a battle bind-wound button.

Wallicker
02-29-2020, 07:59 PM
Fungi + locustlure

bradsamma
03-02-2020, 10:38 PM
You can absolutely solo a rogue to pretty high levels with decent gear. Still not as good as a rogue/rogue. Rogue/monk and rogue/shaman duo's become superior after level 50.

koelek
05-13-2020, 12:53 PM
If I were you I wouldn't take any loan as it'sbetter to save money and then to buy everything you need

koelek
05-14-2020, 05:38 AM
I don't want to be rude but better try keeping leveling slow, as most of the people do so. Don't ask for a loan or things like that, because no one really cares about your problem. It may be out of the topic, but I remember, once I needed an amount of money and none of my friends wanted to lend money and to help with the problems I had. So, the only solution was to apply for an online loan on https://credit-10.com/dk/kviklan/ and to solve my issues by myself. What I want to say is that would be better to count on yourself, even in a game.

liberty1002
05-14-2020, 02:38 PM
I don't want to be rude but better try keeping leveling slow

liberty1002
05-14-2020, 02:47 PM
If I were you I wouldn't take any loan as it'sbetter to save money and then to buy everything you need

You are right...