PDA

View Full Version : Nice CR in perspective

Vaarsuvius
02-14-2020, 02:34 AM
So I thought yesterday I might as well go with my 26 shaman to Najena to try & get a couple items for my MAG alt focus item quests.

Got from East Cabilis to Najena on my own
ECab -> WCab -> WW -> OT boat -> Oasis -> NRo -> EC -> NF -> LSM Najena at last,

Got a Broom off the second DE Magician I killed in there. Then I got a Stein off the very first Goblin Magician I killed. Everything conned green but I could not single pull the magician (even with a 7-8 level difference ?)

But then I aggroed a group of 3 goblins + pet and couldn't Gate so I got killed not very far from pool & Najena room.

That will certainly make for an interesting butt naked CR without a single weapon nor piece of armor, nor Invisibility

^^

Can't wait to try when I get back from work

renegadeofunk
02-14-2020, 02:54 AM
I decided to get the items by killing endless gators in Cazic Thule. Died on my 52 monk because i didn't notice I was drowning...

commongood
02-14-2020, 08:39 AM
So I thought yesterday I might as well go with my 26 shaman to Najena to try & get a couple items for my MAG alt focus item quests.

ECab -> WCab -> WW -> OT boat -> Oasis -> NRo -> EC -> NF -> LSM Najena at last,

Got a Broom off the second DE Magician I killed in there. Then I got a Stein off the very first Goblin Magician I killed. Everything conned green but I could not single pull the magician (even with a 7-8 level difference ?)

But then I aggroed a group of 3 goblins + pet and couldn't Gate so I got killed not very far from pool & Najena room.

That will certainly make for an interesting butt naked CR without a single weapon nor piece of armor, nor Invisibility

^^

Doesn't state where you are bound but guessing back in Kunark? Probably a good idea to bind yourself either close to a portal or on the continent you'll be hunting. If you can get to where a wizard/druid can pick you up I'm sure you can find someone to help you with a port to Lavastorm or Nek Forest

Vaarsuvius
02-14-2020, 09:06 AM
Doesn't state where you are bound but guessing back in Kunark? Probably a good idea to bind yourself either close to a portal or on the continent you'll be hunting. If you can get to where a wizard/druid can pick you up I'm sure you can find someone to help you with a port to Lavastorm or Nek Forest

Yep, you're right, still bound in front of East Cabilis shaman guild... which is really stupid considering where I was going. But it was nearly 3 am this morning when I got in Najena. I will think twice next time ^^

Pots room in Timorous Deep or Oasis gypsie camp (far from giants pathing) might be a better bind point.

commongood
02-14-2020, 09:08 AM
Yep, you're right, still bound in front of East Cabilis shaman guild... which is really stupid considering where I was going. But it was nearly 3 am this morning when I got in Najena. I will think twice next time ^^

Pots room in Timorous Deep or Oasis gypsie camp (far from giants pathing) might be a better bind point.

Sadly not possible to bind in TD. I guess I'd be tempted to bind at WC druid rings if I were you

Whirled
02-14-2020, 09:22 AM

^^

Can help, but what time / time zone r u back in game?

Vaarsuvius
02-14-2020, 01:08 PM
Can help, but what time / time zone r u back in game?

GMT+1 (France ). I should be back shortly in game

Vaarsuvius
02-14-2020, 01:10 PM
Sadly not possible to bind in TD. I guess I'd be tempted to bind at WC druid rings if I were you

Too bad... Not sure druids near the rings will like an Iksar shaman much :) but a few yards from them might be a good idea.

Felas
02-14-2020, 01:17 PM
i wont be on till 3-4 PM EST , but can help if you still need.

commongood
02-14-2020, 01:25 PM
Too bad... Not sure druids near the rings will like an Iksar shaman much :) but a few yards from them might be a good idea.

If you turn north and run till you hit the zone wall can bind there as far up the slanting zone wall as possible. I did that for a long time on my iksar necro. It’s mostly safe. Think at most an orc centurion will path by

Philistine
02-14-2020, 01:29 PM

Brutal!! I hope you got it back!

Whirled
02-14-2020, 03:18 PM
eh, u in game yet? What yer name?

Vaarsuvius
02-16-2020, 05:34 AM
Hello guys,

thanks to all of those who offered to help me. Long story short, I finally got my corpse back.

I'm not at home atm, but I wanted to thank all the guys that gave me a hand to make my CR possible or dropped by in Najena to check wether I was doing ok. I was amazed to see how helpful guys blue can be :)

Special thanks to

- Niniam who offered me tp from OT to to WCommons & and invisibility without which I doubt I would have been able to cross Nek Forest

- Necabe who helped my get my body in Najena and refused any donation afterwards

- Felas who dropped by in Najena to make sure I was ok.

You guys rock. Never thought a post on the community forum would get me so much in game support.

I know I'm only a lousy 27 SHM or 18 MAG, but if I can help you in anyway please send a tell to Xyhoz (SHM) or Wandaar (MAG) or PM me on the forum.

Side note:

It took me a while to finally get all 4 pieces I was after, but after killing 90 'A Magician' & 5 'A Goblin Magician' I managed to get

- 1 Stein
- 2 Torches
- 1 shovel
- 2 Brooms,

- a Torn Page of Mastery Earth
- 2 Torn Page of Mastery Wind
- a Torn Page of Mastery Fire
- a Torn Page of Mastery Water

I know these must be among the easiest pieces of the MAG epic to get, but if anyone needs some of them to be MQed to Akksstaff, please let me know.

Will probably be easier to MQ them with him who cons indifferent to an iksar than MQing the 'Words of Mastery' for the 'Element of Earth' in FV, YMMV

Laters,