PDA

View Full Version : Question for Blue Monks

Green to green
02-28-2020, 10:19 AM
Hi! Since many of you are 60 and in great gear, I was wondering if you could tell me your opinion. If you had a choice, would you rather be a human monk with a guise, or an Iksar monk without a guise?

Thanks for your suggestions!

cd288
02-28-2020, 01:24 PM
Iksar without a guise by far

Dogma
02-28-2020, 02:18 PM
Iksar without a guise by far

Nycon43
02-28-2020, 03:14 PM
I'd take the guise without a second thought. Human monks are just as capable at their jobs as iksars.

Valura
02-28-2020, 03:54 PM
i've seen an iksar with a guise??

kjs86z
02-28-2020, 04:20 PM
I have a 60 iksar monk...from a min / max perspective its the master race, but human monk is for all the ladies in the place with style and grace.

Videri
02-28-2020, 04:25 PM

I believe that is possible due to a GM event or other GM intervention, because the Guise of the Deceiver is removed from the game about 5 months before Kunark opens.

eqravenprince
02-28-2020, 04:45 PM
If you fully plan on maxing out stats or getting to level 60, then Iksar. Since I never fully plan on maxing out stats or getting to level 60, I personally would choose Human Monk. Roleplaying stuff like guise is purely subjective and not quantifiable.

Although regen and AC bonus is a nice perk in the early levels for an Iksar, early levels are pretty easy for either race. Humans will have more strength for killing slightly faster and level 20% faster due to no racial exp penalty.

In general, this is how leveling would go assuming killing the same things.
Level 20 Iksar = Level 24 Human
Level 30 Iksar = Level 36 Human
Level 41.67 Iksar = Level 50 Human

cd288
02-28-2020, 04:57 PM
If you fully plan on maxing out stats or getting to level 60, then Iksar. Since I never fully plan on maxing out stats or getting to level 60, I personally would choose Human Monk. Roleplaying stuff like guise is purely subjective and not quantifiable.

Although regen and AC bonus is a nice perk in the early levels for an Iksar, early levels are pretty easy for either race. Humans will have more strength for killing slightly faster and level 20% faster due to no racial exp penalty.

In general, this is how leveling would go assuming killing the same things.
Level 20 Iksar = Level 24 Human
Level 30 Iksar = Level 36 Human
Level 41.67 Iksar = Level 50 Human

I don't have hard numbers, but based on my experience having leveled both, Humans don't really level faster because they tend to have longer downtime due to not having the Iksar regen. It tends to balance out. less downtime for Iksar but EXP penalty, more downtime for Humans but no EXP penalty.

eqravenprince
02-28-2020, 05:29 PM
I don't have hard numbers, but based on my experience having leveled both, Humans don't really level faster because they tend to have longer downtime due to not having the Iksar regen. It tends to balance out. less downtime for Iksar but EXP penalty, more downtime for Humans but no EXP penalty.

I never sat as a human monk, so regen would not have made a difference as I would bind wound to 50% and go kill. I guess it depends on playstyle, if I sat til I got 100% health after each kill, then yes Iksar all day every day.

Barlu
02-28-2020, 05:31 PM
Since this seems like a question for what your going to do on Green the answer might be different. Blue has so much cheap gear it is crazy. It also leads to way more Iskar monks running around with fungis who have 0 interest in grouping. Solo the extra ac/regen makes a huge difference and from a min max perspective Iksar is the clear choice. A very well twinked monk is probably the 2nd or 3rd fastest class if you wanted to solo 0-60 which is why so many people do it.

With that being said if this is a character you plan to group on and enjoy green with lower end gear just roll the human and get the guise. If you group all the way to 60 the downtown won’t be nearly as big of a deal and a dark elf monk is awesome.

Trzzle
02-29-2020, 12:20 PM

I know an Iksar Monk with guise that someone in Blood Guard bought a few years ago. Got banned like 4 days later. Wonder how much that cost him.

p99market
03-11-2020, 05:21 AM
Iksar without guise easy choice