PDA

View Full Version : Can custom content Please correct epic rarity

UglyTater
03-13-2020, 02:55 AM
I played a bard back on live, and Juel never amounted to anything, except a lot of fun for me. When I learned about P99, I started a bard, but ended up playing a druid cause I could (my brother had a druid on live). My druid got his epic at 55, my monk at 50, the cleric I borrowed at 52, but now that I'm playing my bard; the only way I would have to get an epic is to quit my guild and join either a Vox farming guild or an elite guild that can kill Gorenaire. Don't get me wrong, I've had invites, I just like my current guild (DB) and don't like that my options are so limited since the bard epic is so rare.

Would the race for Vox be lessened? Possibly, but would that be bad or good? It's my understanding that Vox being untouchable by 53+ was to encourage people that weren't max level to raid her. Instead she is now camped by alts that have max gear and engaged within 10 minutes of popping. She does has some amazing gear that is unique to her, so even if she wasn't a pain point for bards, my druid would love to have a rez stick so she will still be over camped. It would be nice since we don't have guilds that don't have max levels that she ignore the 53+ rule and instead be given an appropriate defense.

Hate is a fun zone, but since only 1 mob can have the magi's loot table, it's largely ignored, I would really enjoy being there more. I've heard that eventually the staff can drop off of other mobs, I know many mages who have spent stupid amounts of time trying to earn plat to get this staff.

Warriors... I haven't ever played a warrior, so I don't know much about that epic.

I think P99 is here for fun, I don't care if it is classic, I want it to be fun and while some socking should be required for l33t loot, some loot for the epics seems silly. I would love for my bard to have a high elf and halfling mask, but those are possible so I don't complain.

I post this now, wouldn't it be great if the custom content we were told might be coming would alleviate these issues?

My last point would be while I am sad my bard probably won't get his epic, I would like to thank the GMs, not as a plea, but I've met a ton of cool people on this server. Some of them I've gotten x-mas cards from, so despite what you think of my plea, we do have a bit of a family here that I enjoy and I'd like to stick around for. I'd just like an epic on my bard (and there I took any good juju away).

Sincerly, I'll leave it to my signature, but I won't make a ranger until he can be a halfling.

UglyTater
03-13-2020, 03:05 AM
We have VSR for Venril Sathir, the Undead Bard for Trak, Ragefire for Naggy, why can't we have similar mobs for Vox, Sev, and Magi?

Chapelle
03-13-2020, 07:06 AM
Staff drops off all revanents in Luclin era

Fammaden
03-13-2020, 08:00 AM
Custom content should add things to do without destroying what little balance the game has, not just make existing shit easier to get. You're risking driving off even more population if you simplify the toughest class goals in the game like war/mag/bard epics.

Custom zones with models from later expansions and custom loot drops with era appropriate stat formulas. Some way of re-opening ST in limited fashion. Limited and heavily balanced custom AA's. These are ways of helping blue stay relevant.

Nerfing bard epics to the point that any random DB alt can get one without having to make the tough choice of changing guilds is more likely to lead to people getting bored and quitting after they have their previously unattainable singing short sword.

UglyTater
04-10-2020, 01:42 AM
^

magnetaress
04-10-2020, 10:12 AM
absolutely fucking not

magnetaress
04-10-2020, 10:13 AM
go play shards of dalaylablia

loramin
04-10-2020, 10:34 AM
Yup, on a server where people have been purchasing Rogue epics for 20k since before I started playing, my ability to enjoy classic EverQuest has been totally ruined by the unclassic treatment of epic quests and ...

... wait, no, no it hasn't. I've still had a blast for years here in spite of that. In fact, I'm pretty sure I would continue to have a blast, even if Mages actually had a chance (:eek:) to see their epic ... again on a server where it's normal to buy your 10th Rogue alt an epic for less than the price of Lodi Shield. You can't "ruin the classicness" of epics on Blue, because that already happened over half a decade ago, and this is the entire reason they're doing custom content on Blue, not on Green.

But even putting that aside, EverQuest was never a finished product. It's not like even Brad said "ok, Luclin's coming out, the game is done now, I'm out". It was an imperfect, unfinished work at the end of Velious, with some major flaws, and later changes to the game would address and fix those legitimate flaws (along with adding a bunch of crap like AA and moon cats).

Just because P99 chose not to get that other crap doesn't mean it has to pretend "just before Luclin = perfectly finished game." IMHO it'd be great if custom content on Blue remedied many of the "left unfinished at the end of Velious" issues (eg. the shawl is the tradeskiller epic: it needs an 8th blacksmithing quest!) ... only just ... without moon cats :)

Issar
04-10-2020, 01:20 PM
IMHO it'd be great if custom content on Blue remedied many of the "left unfinished at the end of Velious" issues (eg. the shawl is the tradeskiller epic: it needs an 8th blacksmithing quest!) ... only just ... without moon cats :)

Oh man, I'd love to see the Ikky warrior pike quest line completed to Pride of the Legion. I'm not sure why, I just think the Ikky class quest lines were just awesome.

magnetaress
04-10-2020, 01:43 PM
ya dont hurt stuff already in game and dont add a bunch of out of era wierdness. stuff like jagadpine itemized to lvl 30's would be neat at best, still wierd tho RIP blue once this starts happening everyone will just migrate to the 'new green'

epics can be mq'd and that is generally easier than it was in real classic back in the day epics were really rare, like at best 10 on server for any given class ever most people didn't lvl a char with the intent to get an epic

further anything custom should be opt in - not force the player into it

so zones players dont have to go to
loot players dont see in the old world dungeons like guk
added in the form of quests - that weren't completed or finished, or new quests, possibly npcs in out of the way places
stuff that doesnt raddicaly alter tradeskills or provide a new tier with wierd old world drops - that would again impinge on the old world zones, like someone farming bb for their tier 2 tradeskill set

magnetaress
04-10-2020, 01:50 PM
mooncats are fine, because they are

A. On the moon
B. u dont have to go to the moon.
C. cats balance scalies which are already in game

luclin models should be force disabled and so should bazar traders, people could ec tunnel in bazar, but no /trader command

disable the spires

add pc vampires that spawn at lvl 45 in Katta Castlum but are KOS everywhere to everything and cant fix their faction with anyone :D

branamil
04-10-2020, 01:57 PM
I would prefer they fix pathing before adding custom content. Shit still falls through the floor constantly.

clacbec
04-10-2020, 02:05 PM
Seems like darkpaw should hire rageen/ raynar team

Puluin
04-10-2020, 03:09 PM
From a guild that has been killing Vox fairly routinely over the past 2.5 yrs...
The scale drop rate feels WAY less than on live....
TSS has yet to see a scale drop from our kills and I lost track at vox #30
keep in mind outside of earthquakes there are 56 (avg) chances to kill vox in a YEAR.
depending on earth quake times, they MAY or MAY NOT actually add an extra kill chance.

I cannot in good faith believe this was the intended experience made by the developers.

magnetaress
04-10-2020, 04:05 PM
meh, bard shouldn't be killing veeshans brood anyway, ring of scale or not, i believe the bard epic was intended to be this 'evil' according to the vision(TM), its something bard could do... but... at what price?

that said bards are very effective without their epics, this is true for all eq classes with epics

most people who arent dedicated on live back in the day in the real world tm didn't get their epics, most people wont here either. The most casual ones anyway.

This is an MMO with deep tabletop origins and MUD origins in those games perma death existed for people seeking epics..., if you want the candycrush caters epics to all of all skill level dedication, and social ability, version of mmo... they exist......

baakss
04-10-2020, 04:44 PM
From a guild that has been killing Vox fairly routinely over the past 2.5 yrs...
The scale drop rate feels WAY less than on live....
TSS has yet to see a scale drop from our kills and I lost track at vox #30
keep in mind outside of earthquakes there are 56 (avg) chances to kill vox in a YEAR.
depending on earth quake times, they MAY or MAY NOT actually add an extra kill chance.

I cannot in good faith believe this was the intended experience made by the developers.

White Scale and Earth Staff rarity is just stupid.

To top that off, the Earth Staff minis used to spawn once every 8 hours. Now they spawn 1/9 as often. If you benefited from this, great. If you didn't get one in time though, "not classic".

Thomacles
04-10-2020, 06:22 PM
The Asshat Purist can now PLZ quit blue and move over to green. Take your lotion and tissues with you. For the rest of us left on Blue, PLZ fix the epic bottlenecks. I want to play to have fun. I want the stuff fixed that was never intended to begin with. You cannot tell me it was intended to have this terrible bottleneck for Wars, Bards, and Magicians. You KNOW it wasn't intended like this, as the very next expansion they fixed these bottlenecks.

Gimme Guild tool. Gimme Raid tools, gimme bazaar. EC tunnel is not a social interaction, it's a prison yard where everyone stands around wasting time. NO ONE (sane) wakes up and thinks to themselves, "I wanna log in and stand in the EC Tunnel, yah! That sounds fun!!"

The only bitchers are the players trying to make an unreasonable amount of profit cornering markets, knowing full well, if they implement bazaar, they will each and every time be undercut.

magnetaress
04-10-2020, 06:38 PM
The Asshat Purist can now PLZ quit blue and move over to green. Take your lotion and tissues with you. For the rest of us left on Blue, PLZ fix the epic bottlenecks. I want to play to have fun. I want the stuff fixed that was never intended to begin with. You cannot tell me it was intended to have this terrible bottleneck for Wars, Bards, and Magicians. You KNOW it wasn't intended like this, as the very next expansion they fixed these bottlenecks.

Gimme Guild tool. Gimme Raid tools, gimme bazaar. EC tunnel is not a social interaction, it's a prison yard where everyone stands around wasting time. NO ONE (sane) wakes up and thinks to themselves, "I wanna log in and stand in the EC Tunnel, yah! That sounds fun!!"

The only bitchers are the players trying to make an unreasonable amount of profit cornering markets, knowing full well, if they implement bazaar, they will each and every time be undercut.

TLP exists, but I guess you can't afford that maybe. So does a whole slew of other non-musuem boxes.

Your entitlement to epixels is showing. I suppose like many others you came here to get some healing and wisdom and spiritual support.

TakP is VERY good box. Seek god. Praise Jesus, pras Brad.

*veritas*

Also I am far from a purist lol, dont label me bro

magnetaress
04-10-2020, 06:42 PM
Also, I am playin on red, blue, and green, so no sweat of my back if they mess up big time and pull the plug on blue (I doubt they will I believe in Rogean) he's conservative enough for me.

Solist
04-10-2020, 07:16 PM
Join riot for 2 months, spend dkp on nothing and none of the shiny trinkets, get white scale, gquit the moment you loot it. Get on with your life. There is nothing difficult about this task. Every warrior on the server could do same for green scales too.

These guilds have zero entry standards, require zero skill/ability/knowledge. You could afk manasong for a few hours a week for your epic without issue. It's a function of the server environment given the current NPC rules and engagement rules that a guild of this type can exist and flourish. Take advantage of it.

Muggens
04-11-2020, 12:12 AM
Hope custom content brings more funny stuff than easier loot tables

Nirgon
04-11-2020, 08:50 AM
if youre not enthused about the challenge and the journey, i feel bad for you son

Danth
04-11-2020, 09:24 AM
It's not like even Brad said "ok, Luclin's coming out, the game is done now, I'm out".

He kind of did!*

---------------------------------------------------------------

Magician epic piece from hateplane seems absurdly rare, it's extremely important to the class in this era, and drop availability was corrected only a modest time after Velious within or near the limit of some of the other out-of-era features P1999 keeps. Wouldn't mind if that one changed. It has been a looooong time since I saw more than a handful of a Magicians who didn't relegate the character to COTH-bot duty at level 55 or so.

Danth

*Yeah, I know the real reasons but it was too amusing not to say it.

magnetaress
04-11-2020, 11:16 AM
I am pretty sure if you are an active raiding mage who actually raids & would put your epic to gud use & not just farm rat pelts and sit on the character select screen staring at it, your guild would bend over BACKWARDZ and kiss themselves to give you your epic.

That said a 60 mage can kill phingel without epic probably so why are u so frackin mad ya toaster?

if youre not enthused about the challenge and the journey, i feel bad for you son

>^3^<

Thomacles
04-11-2020, 11:35 AM
He kind of did!*

---------------------------------------------------------------

Magician epic piece from hateplane seems absurdly rare, it's extremely important to the class in this era, and drop availability was corrected only a modest time after Velious within or near the limit of some of the other out-of-era features P1999 keeps. Wouldn't mind if that one changed. It has been a looooong time since I saw more than a handful of a Magicians who didn't relegate the character to COTH-bot duty at level 55 or so.

Danth

*Yeah, I know the real reasons but it was too amusing not to say it.

This is not true. Luclin was already 75% complete under Brad, when he sold out to Sony. Luclin literally was Brad's design.

Jimjam
04-11-2020, 03:11 PM
Unclassic number of epics on this server. If anything too common.

mycoolrausch
04-11-2020, 06:31 PM
We must preserve the classic experience

*Gates 20 BiS rogues to ToV zone-in*

UglyTater
04-12-2020, 02:35 AM
Seems like overall people would like for something like this to happen, and the people that don't like it have no real reason not to like it except they don't like it and get off my lawn. Oh well, thanks to everyone for reading, Happy Easter, Passover, Ramadan, and be safe!

magnetaress
04-13-2020, 11:49 AM
just /list them

kaizersoze
04-13-2020, 10:40 PM
mooncats are fine, because they are

A. On the moon
B. u dont have to go to the moon.
C. cats balance scalies which are already in game

luclin models should be force disabled and so should bazar traders, people could ec tunnel in bazar, but no /trader command

disable the spires

add pc vampires that spawn at lvl 45 in Katta Castlum but are KOS everywhere to everything and cant fix their faction with anyone :D

what is everyones hate boner over spires lol. Theyre the same as a boat but slightly more frequent. In luclin wizards and druids got better at other things so they werent JUST port bitches.

kaizersoze
04-13-2020, 10:41 PM
We must preserve the classic experience

*Gates 20 BiS rogues to ToV zone-in*

Also can we talk about this? Technically if youre bound right outside TOV, you're bound at Sontalak, a raid mob, which is against the rules. All y'all doin this are breakin da law.

magnetaress
04-13-2020, 10:54 PM
I have never seen Sontalak in person....

UglyTater
04-14-2020, 04:22 AM
Then why are you posting?

UglyTater
04-14-2020, 04:23 AM
If you've never seen Sontalak, then you've never gone to ToV on blue, so as the main person saying this is a crap thread, you shouldn't have a voice here! Every high end person I talk to would like to see more epic Warriors, Mages, and Bards! What is the downside to them? The farmers who can get fake money? I don't want the epics to be gimmes, but a cleric epic can probably be obtained once per day, why should these epics be obtained only a few times per year.

magnetaress
04-14-2020, 09:06 AM
:(

I have a valid voice Taterxude. I am using it kindly here to try and explain my point of view. Please don't be angry. :cool:

magnetaress
04-14-2020, 09:41 AM
what is everyones hate boner over spires lol. Theyre the same as a boat but slightly more frequent. In luclin wizards and druids got better at other things so they werent JUST port bitches.

Traveling between continents was a chore. You either spent 15 minutes waiting. 15 minutes on the boat. Risked kos on evil characters. Or tipped a druid or wizard. They are obviously more than port bitches, but many young wizards and druids rely on the convenience of porting across the ocean.

Luclin spires npc ify wizards and run on like a 15 minute schedule allowing mostly safe afk travel.

People were more polite about asking or begging ports and /role was a real thing for wizards, no one really wanted to make enemies of them as the next port you needed could be hard to get. Outside of niave and immature players.

I would be OK with the spires going to a 216 minute cycle, allowing for leveling and poor wizards to still capitalize on their convenience.

magnetaress
04-14-2020, 11:10 AM
One feature I would like to see is QoL features.

Like the face feature. I dont want to see luclin graphics but i would love if i could like do a quest that would allow the face dialog to pop up and let me scroll through classic faces. like 20kplat at a secret surgeon character in neriak.

and the 'hide helm' feature return, maybe pay for some toggle in game plat or somethink

kaizersoze
04-14-2020, 05:04 PM
You ever been stuck at HH for hours becuase no DAP or guildies were on druids / wizzies? Thats why they added spires lol. It was very much a QOL change and like I said, let wizards and druids become MUCH better at other things. Druids became more viable healers and more powerful soloers, wizards became monstrous burn damage.

Ennewi
04-14-2020, 05:14 PM
You ever been stuck at HH for hours becuase no DAP or guildies were on druids / wizzies? Thats why they added spires lol. It was very much a QOL change and like I said, let wizards and druids become MUCH better at other things. Druids became more viable healers and more powerful soloers, wizards became monstrous burn damage.

Stuck at HH? Yes. For hours? No. Always the fallback has been to wait for the boat and lev over to firepots.

Jimjam
04-15-2020, 02:47 AM
Stuck at HH? Yes. For hours? No. Always the fallback has been to wait for the boat and lev over to firepots.

Haha so spires are more like boats than was even argued.

Ennewi
04-15-2020, 05:18 AM

Trying to imagine a Norrath with firepots in Ocean of Tears, Iceclad Ocean, and Erud's Crossing. Wouldn't have felt right without fish dragons spawning nearby, as that made venturing out so far a risk even for level 60s. Cobalt Scar has Kelorek, but it's not nearly as big of an ocean, not vast enough to make firepots a remote QoL feature.

magnetaress
04-15-2020, 08:52 AM
Trying to imagine a Norrath with firepots in Ocean of Tears, Iceclad Ocean, and Erud's Crossing. Wouldn't have felt right without fish dragons spawning nearby, as that made venturing out so far a risk even for level 60s. Cobalt Scar has Kelorek, but it's not nearly as big of an ocean, not vast enough to make firepots a remote QoL feature.

magnetaress
04-15-2020, 08:52 AM
Its safer, and faster to dial a port, and it funds a young raiding wizards career.

Muggens
04-15-2020, 09:55 AM

Hoe is it pozible to be stuck at HH for hours? Use /w and/tell mah dude

And yes to some QoL, Luclin stuff, but no thanks spires, bazaar, aliens, horses and luclin models

magnetaress
04-15-2020, 07:33 PM
Can we plz get waypoints and a minimap?

kaizersoze
04-15-2020, 08:04 PM
Hoe is it pozible to be stuck at HH for hours? Use /w and/tell mah dude

And yes to some QoL, Luclin stuff, but no thanks spires, bazaar, aliens, horses and luclin models

with no daps or guildies on and when pop is low? and also not being a race that can risk it for the boat? lol

magnetaress
04-15-2020, 08:19 PM
I would also very much like a hearthstone for my warrior plz not just a haflling one one I can set anywhere.

Thomacles
04-15-2020, 09:02 PM
I dunno how many of you played on live at the time, but I can assure you, only time Nexus spires were used was to get to Shadowhaven. Nobody I ever knew was willing to wait that long. If I remember right, at least at first, they only fired like every 45 minutes. Today's porters have nothing to fear from lack of port demands.

Thomacles
04-15-2020, 09:04 PM
Now the bazaar? The only one's that will be hurt are the tunnel rats flipping items at mark ups on stuff they never had any intention of using to begin with. When I did the bazaar on live, I undercut everyone, each and every time, and it never bothered me in the least.

magnetaress
04-15-2020, 09:20 PM
I would also like you to plz simplify all of the factions in the game into like 4 different ones and make it a bar that goes next to my exp bar too plz

UglyTater
04-16-2020, 03:41 AM
Well this thread has certainly gone off the rails! Thanks all who read it, hope someday we get epics to the classes who can't get it.

Arvan
04-16-2020, 04:47 AM
Join riot for 2 months, spend dkp on nothing and none of the shiny trinkets, get white scale, gquit the moment you loot it. Get on with your life. There is nothing difficult about this task. Every warrior on the server could do same for green scales too.

These guilds have zero entry standards, require zero skill/ability/knowledge. You could afk manasong for a few hours a week for your epic without issue. It's a function of the server environment given the current NPC rules and engagement rules that a guild of this type can exist and flourish. Take advantage of it.

Show me on the doll where the internet hurt you

Muggens
04-16-2020, 07:54 AM
Now the bazaar? The only one's that will be hurt are the tunnel rats flipping items at mark ups on stuff they never had any intention of using to begin with. When I did the bazaar on live, I undercut everyone, each and every time, and it never bothered me in the least.

Yeah u have 300k to work with now

Mblake81
04-16-2020, 08:53 AM

Doubtful, the boat shows up ever so often. Spires require players. DaP is a P99 QoL that is player run. Sometimes it's there, sometimes not.

-Edit: I think I misread that whole convo. Ignore this.

magnetaress
04-16-2020, 11:00 AM
Well this thread has certainly gone off the rails! Thanks all who read it, hope someday we get epics to the classes who can't get it.

You say cant

Everyone can and may indeed get their epic. There is literally no reason you 'can't' get an epic. The quest is not broken.

If you don't want to put in the work or be useful to the servers raidforces, that is on you not me.

You do not 'deserve' your epic. You again, are not entitled to it. This is not how this game works. Don't be a simp.

The reason you don't have an epic is probably because you behave like a jerk and demand it everytime you log in. Also buffs at the EC tunnel in /shout 5 times per second.

magnetaress
04-16-2020, 11:12 AM
https://i.imgur.com/Se0ojoL.gif
hehehehehehehe
https://i.imgur.com/Vf6e9Ie.gif
hehehehehe hehehe hehe

loramin
04-16-2020, 11:29 AM
I love how whenever anyone says something reasonable here, like "some classes have massively harder epics which require belonging to the server's top raid guild ... and some can be bought for 20k in EC ... it might be better if they harder ones weren't quite so hard" ...

... and it somehow always gets attacked with a variation of "you're a crybaby, stop asking for handouts".

Mblake81
04-16-2020, 12:00 PM
I love how whenever anyone says something reasonable here, like "some classes have massively harder epics which require belonging to the server's top raid guild ... and some can be bought for 20k in EC ... it might be better if they harder ones weren't quite so hard" ...

... and it somehow always gets attacked with a variation of "you're a crybaby, stop asking for handouts".

luke warm oatmeal, Loramin

magnetaress
04-16-2020, 12:35 PM
Loramin just wants to be ur friend.

magnetaress
04-16-2020, 12:36 PM
Arguably the mage E peeek is very much 'cooler' then the rogue epic and the rogue epic is great for a class that could use a buff while mages, didn't need a buff at all

lol

neither are absolutely neccissary to enjoy this game i feel real bad xude for anyone that 'needs' their epic, that is like, needing bixie parts man (btw i am farming them so i can sell them later or make bixie pies)

magnetaress
04-16-2020, 12:37 PM
Calling a mage without their epic a loser is like emasculating a man for not having a 10ft peener. when they already got 7ft

Jimjam
04-16-2020, 12:46 PM

I take the wide stance of the easy epics should be rarer. There is nothing epic about my 52 monk in crystalline silk armor wielding celestial fists.

loramin
04-16-2020, 12:51 PM
neither are absolutely neccissary to enjoy this game i feel real bad xude for anyone that 'needs' their epic, that is like, needing bixie parts man (btw i am farming them so i can sell them later or make bixie pies)

You've missed the point entirely. The point was never that epics were necessary: that's your straw man. As an aside though: c'mon. People like playing their characters and getting epics: it's a part of EQ, and it's insanely hard for certain classes. This isn't rocket science ... it's a game.

But the real point is, someone made a comment about the game ... and again, I think it's hard to argue it wasn't a completely rational and logical comment. And you attacked the person for a perceived moral failing (of wanting welfare pixels). It's not at all atypical here, but it just annoys me because attacking people personally, when they're trying to talk about the game, only lowers the level of dialogue for everyone. It's like we've gone back to elementary school where "your mom is fat" is a legitimate retort.

magnetaress
04-16-2020, 01:05 PM
You've missed the point entirely. The point was never that epics were necessary: that's your straw man. As an aside though: c'mon. People like playing their characters and getting epics: it's a part of EQ, and it's insanely hard for certain classes. This isn't rocket science ... it's a game.

But the real point is, someone made a comment about the game ... and again, I think it's hard to argue it wasn't a completely rational and logical comment. And you attacked the person for a perceived moral failing (of wanting welfare pixels). It's not at all atypical here, but it just annoys me because attacking people personally, when they're trying to talk about the game, only lowers the level of dialogue for everyone. It's like we've gone back to elementary school where "your mom is fat" is a legitimate retort.

I take the wide stance of the easy epics should be rarer. There is nothing epic about my 52 monk in crystalline silk armor wielding celestial fists.

Xude. These are "Epics" not rusty short swords. I stand by Jimjam. There is nothing epic about:

1. Instancing them
2. Adding gnoll fang quests for them
3. Giving them to anyone who is willing to farm 30,000 light stones

--------------

The OP is crying salty tears about a GAME, just like u illustrated. Part of this game is there are some really cool, unique, and rare items.

There are not enough artifact rarity items, and arguably there should only be like 3 or 4 epics on any server, 1 should drop a year, that would make having an epic. REALLY cool and not just a tedious raid DKP meter progression [x]

-----------

[x] Never got an epic, didn't kill myself over never getting an epic, I got 99 better reasons to self harm

What I really don't appreciate is people posting RnF threads into the general forums yelling at people 'because they dont have their epic yet' as if it is some how my fault.

I never gatekeeped an epic, and I am not a surgeon I can't magically cosmetically give someone their frakkin epic, its not my Innoruuk be damned fault and I don't want to be yelled at because they are 'rare'. My solution isn't to hand them out like candy and not rare anymore and make the game really dumb and like wow. Where every class has like a 5 second invis but its really fair because it's terrible, and for everyone, everyone can do it. !

-----------

The mentality of OP cheapens the preciousness of life. It is a grave sin, go read the bible about it. It is called Lust, Avarice, Jealously.

loramin
04-16-2020, 01:08 PM
1. Instancing them
2. Adding gnoll fang quests for them
3. Giving them to anyone who is willing to farm 30,000 light stones

Do you even understand the concept of a "straw man"? It's when I make a valid argument, and you ... have nothing. So, since you can't argue with what I actually said, you pretend I said something else, something you can argue with.

No one said any of these things, so the fact that you need to "argue with yourself" to make it seem like your personal attacks were legit ... to me that just demonstrates have nothing to respond with to what people have actually written.

magnetaress
04-16-2020, 01:11 PM
Do you even understand the concept of a "straw man"? It's when I make a valid argument, and you ... have nothing. So, since you can't argue with what I actually said, you pretend I said something else, something you can argue with.

No one said any of these things, so the fact that you need to "argue with yourself" to make it seem like your personal attacks were legit ... to me that just demonstrates have nothing to respond with to what people have actually written.

Just because u call it a straw man does not make it a strong man, my xude. Go polar bear form ur way into heaven full of mage epics on Takp, I think it is time for you to ascend, you obviously are a saint.

I'm not even going to argue your dumb straw man logic bullshit because it is a waste of time and does not affect me. You are mad clearly, so is OP. If my posts make you mad, seek truth.

Or /ignore me and descend into the depths of hell. there are leviathans waiting 4u there ) they hold the key to mage epics.

see ya lol

magnetaress
04-16-2020, 01:17 PM
Anyway you and OP are arguing they 'shouldn't be rare or hard anymore'

This is not classic and not a good custom change.

There is no straw male in saying 'hey epics should stay rare' to that argument, and then illustrating 'here's why'.

get woke

loramin
04-16-2020, 01:19 PM
Again, I made a legitimate comment "we don't need to attack each other personally when talking about a game" ... and you attack me personally rather than responding to the content of what I wrote.

Look, do you just not understand that you can say "I disagree, I think even in custom content the mage epic should stay incredibly rare and be impossible for non-AA Mages to ever get" ... without attacking anyone personally for disagreeing with you (and making up straw men about welfare pixels and the like)?

magnetaress
04-16-2020, 01:20 PM
********* WARNIGN PLEASE IGNOREK THIS IS AN AUTOMATED STRAW RESPONSE **********

I notice a lot of rants and flames never end up in rants and flames, I wonder why this is????

Maybe people are afraid of RnF? Maybe they can not handle it? :eek:

is this a cry for help?

your threads and posts are mostly nonsensical and it's people like you that make me question every minute i put into this server

You mean like the "Overpopulation thread" the "Poll to Reopen Teal Thread" the Manastone Threads, the Guise threads?

There are a lot of cries for help on this forum, none of them are mine :D

I made this thread to gather replies, so anyone may quote said replies, and said thread OP into those threads that seem out of place and they don't have to bother going around typing up walls of text to illustrate this.

I am having fun. Pretty happy!!!! God bless! ❤️ ♥️ 💗 💓 💕 💖 💛 💙 💜 💚

This is a 90s rp sim. Makes sense to rp a 90s simp.

magnetaress
04-16-2020, 01:21 PM
Again, I make a legitimate comment "we don't need to attack each other personally when talking about a game" ... and you attack me personally rather than responding to the content of what I wrote.

Look, do you just not understand that you can say "I disagree, I think even in custom content the mage epic should stay incredibly rare and be impossible for non-Riot Mages to ever get" ... without attacking anyone personally for disagreeing with you?

I never attacked anyone I just said it was really retarded and offensive to make epics not epic lol. AKA as COMMON.

Tis the tragedy of the commons, welcume to humanity. Oh yeee hubris motherfrakkers

magnetaress
04-16-2020, 01:22 PM
Look Loramins feelings are clearly hurt so we should hand him and his friends epics, and ensure they can camp their guises eternally so they can always pretend to be cool elfs (which they are not and will never be)

loramin
04-16-2020, 01:27 PM
absolutely fucking not

go play shards of dalaylablia

TLP exists, but I guess you can't afford that maybe. So does a whole slew of other non-musuem boxes.

Your entitlement to epixels is showing. I suppose like many others you came here to get some healing and wisdom and spiritual support.

so why are u so frackin mad ya toaster?

The reason you don't have an epic is probably because you behave like a jerk and demand it everytime you log in. Also buffs at the EC tunnel in /shout 5 times per second.

Look Loramins feelings are clearly hurt so we should hand him and his friends epics, and ensure they can camp their guises eternally so they can always pretend to be cool elfs (which they are not and will never be)

I never attacked anyone

Yup, and you didn't just argue with any straw men either :rolleyes:

magnetaress
04-16-2020, 01:35 PM
I think my posts are frakkin hilarous, especially when the response is:

https://i.imgur.com/YO4q2yI.gif

lewlz

magnetaress
04-16-2020, 01:35 PM
Sorry u didn't get ur mage epic.

magnetaress
04-16-2020, 01:36 PM
I'm lookin out for ur feelings tho we really need to get those mage epics out to u so u dont quit the box and stop making banded for ppl

magnetaress
04-16-2020, 01:38 PM
Open eartthplane 2.0 make people zone into the hole to go there, and make the mage earth staff a 2x rarer drop down there from a sontalak lvl merb, remove mage staff epic from hate, gg, custom content for u to get ur mage epic

everyone now has an equal and fair chance at their mage epic, problem solved, gg lol

Jimjam
04-16-2020, 01:47 PM
What is the lore behind 1.0 Inny having the earth staff anyway?

magnetaress
04-16-2020, 01:56 PM
What is the lore behind 1.0 Inny having the earth staff anyway?

The Magi's job is to shuffle the minions of hate around the elemental planes, so I guess he is a "Gatekeeper" of sorts :D and this is just one of the goodies he's gotten along on his travels... per the wiki & quest texts :D

Dunno about inny himself, maybe he just delegates this to his Magi when he gets Velious geared.

Tippereh
04-16-2020, 02:07 PM
Does this forum have an ignore function? There's some people whose posts I never want to have to read again.

Jimjam
04-16-2020, 02:11 PM
Click on my name, view public profile.

Then under 'user lists' drop down menu there is an option to 'Add to Ignore List'. Repeat the process for anyone else you'd rather skip posts by.

zula
04-16-2020, 03:00 PM
I can confirm that the forums are way better with Magnetaress on ignore. Nothing of value was lost.

Mblake81
04-16-2020, 03:13 PM

Speaking reasonably I agree, some epics being harder than others is not very logical which games try to be these days and might account for why they are not interesting. The guy that posted the message might not have meant anything by it at all and was just making an observation then moving on with life. That, however, does not and has never stopped or will stop the response he got. It happens to me, it happens to you, it happens to us all at some point. Someone is going to interpret it as that guy not understanding things and think he was asking for a hand out, a change or well fair pixels. Stray observations are tricky to post.

All that being said, Loramin has a fat mom. :cool:

p/s: It's also boring, uncool, retarded, doofus and anything else you can slap on it to explain something like this. Get in line for elf social security at Felwite you old timer.

Mblake81
04-16-2020, 03:25 PM
I can confirm that the forums are way better with Magnetaress on ignore. Nothing of value was lost.

I initially kept the conversation open and it was nice having someone try RPing in this RPG mmo. Reminds me of the old days. Links to old forums was REP worthy. It was 100% just talking about the game or some aspect of it.

However I was clicking through one of these threads and he posted a pic of his chemical cleavage.

No, just no. I can't do this and won't. Does it hurt me in any way? no. But it does disturb me.

RPG gets labeled as Gay even though the people in my RL that did tabletop were all married or 100% straight. It makes no sense to me, its sad. Dudes who have no clue or looking for forum chops make it an easy target which is absurd considering where they are when they do it. Go play Call of Duty or something.

magnetaress
04-16-2020, 03:26 PM
I made myself some custom content for my stomach it was really good:

Recipe - some wheaty sourdough bred cut thin and longways.

Butter the outside
Spread mayo thinly on the inside, then spread a silightly thicker layer of ketchup over that.
Add Delux Amurican cheese, 1 thin layer (we are going to be building up a lot more)
Then add on some thinly sliced, or shredded mozerella, another really thin layer. It's important to not overdo it all cuz we are adding more, you don't want to much, moderation is good.
Then some pickled jalepenos, sprinkle a tiny bit of the sauce on once side each.

On the other side, do the same, but instead of jalepeno put some very thin sliced beef on top, the saltier the better.

Then broil @ 525 until the cheese is all melty and the beef crisps and the jalepenos start to dry, take it out, flip the two sides together into your sandwich. Then put it back under the broiler until the butter on the outside starts to brown lightly and smoke. Take it out, flip it, put it back in repeat.

Take your crispy amazing frakkin custom sandwitch content out of the oven, n let it finish cooling and cooking for a minute, then slice it in half with a pizza slicer and enjoy, share with family so you can show them how amazing, unique, and mother frakkin rare ur sandwitch makin skillz are, they will not be able to compete or replicate this sandwitch on their own and will always be asking u to make it for them.

GG

magnetaress
04-16-2020, 03:27 PM
I initially kept the conversation open and it was nice having someone try RPing in this RPG mmo. Reminds me of the old days. Links to old forums was REP worthy. It was 100% just talking about the game or some aspect of it.

However I was clicking through one of these threads and he posted a pic of his chemical cleavage.

No, just no. I can't do this and won't. Does it hurt me in any way? no. But it does disturb me.

Don't care lol. How do u know its chemical? Shits 100% organic. FYI. Free range cleavage. I don't want u to 'like it' that was a troll post for the Nirgon thread, not to get u excited about playing 40 year old elf sims with old fat cleavage girl.

magnetaress
04-16-2020, 03:29 PM
Besides, plz continue to filter thyselves. 90% of the forums on ignore, means 98% of the replies 2 me are from people who actually want to reply and not just be angry Flaming Fire Giants (FFGTS).

magnetaress
04-16-2020, 03:30 PM
*chomps Staff of Elemental Mastery: Earth*

magnetaress
04-16-2020, 03:33 PM
The message on the shirt is what mattered. "Mondays be like" but all u saw was titty, thats ur problem lol. Pretty much 90% of the players have this problem lawl.

magnetaress
04-16-2020, 03:41 PM
https://i.imgur.com/beNuWJI.png\

Zula's first post on their throwaway acount.

Zula someone very bitter about freedom of speech and expression and so terrified of it they can't speak up on their real account ROFL.

I've heard that Magi P'tasa in hate is on lockdown by certain guilds that kill him every spawn to sell the MQ.

I see a few posts in EC tunnel asking 400-500k; As a person who will never realistically have that kind of plat, is there any hope of me finishing this quest? Is the talk of it being on permanent lockdown an exaggeration?

Green comes out and u are still mad and terrified :( sad.

Also how do u not have 500k plat after 6 yrs of blue? You must not really care enough about your main to save up for it, you should have at least made double that farming seafuries for 2 yrs on ur mage.

magnetaress
04-16-2020, 04:02 PM
I made this thread to help all you mages get ur staffs:

Official Petition to make Staff of Elemental Mastery: Earth obsenely easy to get.

Plz post here with your in game main, name and guild and vote yes. So we can stop hearing mages cry.

Official Petition to make Staff of Elemental Mastery: Earth obsenely easy to get. (https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3112713&posted=1#post3112713)

*obscenely

magnetaress
04-16-2020, 04:07 PM
Your pleas for help have stirred me into action for mage justice. I am converted.

loramin
04-16-2020, 04:15 PM
https://i.imgur.com/AKXdK6Y.gif

magnetaress
04-16-2020, 04:26 PM
*chuckles heartily*

UglyTater
04-17-2020, 01:37 AM
I never attacked anyone I just said it was really retarded and offensive to make epics not epic lol. AKA as COMMON.

You say cant

Everyone can and may indeed get their epic. There is literally no reason you 'can't' get an epic. The quest is not broken.

If you don't want to put in the work or be useful to the servers raidforces, that is on you not me.

You do not 'deserve' your epic. You again, are not entitled to it. This is not how this game works. Don't be a simp.

The mentality of OP cheapens the preciousness of life. It is a grave sin, go read the bible about it. It is called Lust, Avarice, Jealously.

Magnetaress: ask around, my names are in my signature, I don't demand buffs, if you ask my guildmates I don't demand ports on my non porting classes, DAP gets my plat. I talk with several non guildies and I think most who know me would have nothing bad to say about me. You DID attack me, and added nothing to the conversation except taking it off of the rails and portray me as a whiny person, which is baseless. I never said I deserved my epic, I just said I'd like it. I do have an epic so your statement 'The reason you don't have an epic' is as wrong as most of your logic. I do not have the epic I would like, but that is life, oh well, I enjoy the game so I still play. Thanks for reading my posts, I'm sorry you responded cause I like to like people associated with P99. And who made this a RnF thread? Really only one person has been toxic about it, and that's you, so go away please.

As for the people telling me to join Riot for 3 months to get my epic, yeah I could do that, but I won't cause I like the guys in my guild and want to hang out with them cause they're fun people. I have nothing against Riot or AG, in fact both have been nice to me many times, I just don't want to leave DB.

I'm resigned that Yank won't get his epic most likely, but if I could try to set something in motion to make it possible, I don't see a reason not to try. The next step is more illusion masks :P.

magnetaress
04-17-2020, 06:26 AM
https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=355771
Official Petition to make Staff of Elemental Mastery: Earth obsenely easy to get. (https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=355771)

u have totally convinced me especially cuz u are appearentlhy a euro plkayer who is probably boxing all 6 toons in your sig u definately need help getting a staff on the off hrs i made a petition to make this happen just 4u

btw i have no problem with players who box lol just dont get caught!!! and then get mad about it! (ps i dont box personally because i find it horrific to try and play several characters simultaneously with my brain dmg)

magnetaress
04-17-2020, 06:29 AM
btw riot probably wont accept you cuz u box and u probably can't play without ur druid and shaman box

magnetaress
04-17-2020, 06:30 AM
also those names sound russian lol wtg

magnetaress
04-17-2020, 07:52 AM
Plz make it so small races can bash without a sheild if their weapon is over 10 stones thyx

Tippereh
04-17-2020, 10:27 AM
Click on my name, view public profile.

Then under 'user lists' drop down menu there is an option to 'Add to Ignore List'. Repeat the process for anyone else you'd rather skip posts by.

Thank you.

magnetaress
04-17-2020, 10:33 AM
Plz make my small sewing kit 100% weight reduction and 10 slots and .1 weight because i have to am forced to carry around all these unstackable large pelts

magnetaress
04-17-2020, 10:37 AM
Thank you.

https://i.imgur.com/bQX9Luv.png

Also got u on ignore now for being a price gouging gnome freak who charges 7k in 2017 for jboots MQ

I hope u at least offered a free rapier for that * i see u did, good on u

magnetaress
04-17-2020, 10:41 AM
also dont do meth TRIMETHYLSILYL

magnetaress
04-17-2020, 10:42 AM
plz make jboots have an alternative quest to the AC cuz its unfair people like

TRIMETHYLSILYL

are gate keeping it and stopping ungeared fresh newbies from camping it

just so they can fund their 6th manastones

Snaggles
04-17-2020, 01:32 PM
On Live I remember seeing a lot more epics in general. Part of the problem with an expansion-locked server. The hardcore guilds moved on to tougher targets rather than socking old world quest pieces for plat or their 5th alt.

This is not a perfect representation of what Live was. It's quite close though and unless you can wipe the memories of everyone playing it will never be again.

UglyTater
04-17-2020, 10:39 PM
You keep talking and adding nothing constructive.

UglyTater
04-20-2020, 03:58 AM
So now that we're removing recharging from Blue, any word on if maybe some items might me more obtainable? Would be sad if all patches do is prevent people from getting fun loot, PoS is a totally different ball game now! Of course now that it's new we get to form new strats, so it's not all bad! I'd still like it if somehow these three classes can get their epics cause it's a reward that players like to have. The Cleric epic can be obtained whenever ragefire spawns (daily?), so why is it that we get a bard epic twice a month? Ask anyone and the cleric epic is more important to Blue for preserving xp. I know I'm beating a dead horse into the ground, but I've heard a lot of people agree with me so I'm willing to type and be called names for a bit. Give me your wurst!

kaev
04-20-2020, 12:01 PM
Again, I made a legitimate comment "we don't need to attack each other personally when talking about a game" ... and you attack me personally rather than responding to the content of what I wrote.

Look, do you just not understand that you can say "I disagree, I think even in custom content the mage epic should stay incredibly rare and be impossible for non-AA Mages to ever get" ... without attacking anyone personally for disagreeing with you (and making up straw men about welfare pixels and the like)?

Adding magnetaress to my forum ignore list was one of the finest QoL improvements I have experienced in 8-1/2 years here. When someone is roleplaying stupid on the forums it is best to remember that you can't argue with stupid.

Danth
04-20-2020, 12:58 PM
plz make jboots have an alternative quest to the AC cuz its unfair people like

Already extant in-game: It's called Traveler Boots, and you can buy one in Sol-A any time you like.

Danth

Gustoo
04-20-2020, 01:04 PM
Sorry Magnet you have to not play on blue its broken server with weirdos perma camping cash farms.

kaizersoze
04-20-2020, 04:17 PM
https://i.imgur.com/bQX9Luv.png

Also got u on ignore now for being a price gouging gnome freak who charges 7k in 2017 for jboots MQ

I hope u at least offered a free rapier for that * i see u did, good on u

7k? Even 6? lol

Robersonroger38
04-20-2020, 06:45 PM
Should be higher since population is lower since green has opened !

UglyTater
04-22-2020, 04:01 AM
Still, original purpose of this thread is Mage/Warrior/Bard epic rarity, not some idiot talking about nothing.

UglyTater
05-09-2020, 05:42 AM
Do any people who play end game content think that having more epic Mages/Warriors/Bards would change things except allow the people who play those classes to be happy? Asking for a friend.

Tobius
05-09-2020, 06:54 AM
Do any people who play end game content think that having more epic Mages/Warriors/Bards would change things except allow the people who play those classes to be happy? Asking for a friend.

What's wrong with people "being happy" as a goal in and off itself.

Nominally it'd make characters and therefore raid forces more powerfull.

Which means more people could do more content more often.
More net happinness there too.

UglyTater
06-09-2020, 03:11 AM
I'm very happy with my guy, just Epics are a milestone on this server and it'd be cool to have that sweet looking sword! I don't think it'd change playing the game much, but I'd be happy and wouldn't see another bard and wish I had it.

UglyTater
06-15-2020, 05:14 AM
Sure would be nice.