PDA

View Full Version : Attention GMs! Reset the sleeper!

Jayteeworld
03-17-2020, 06:13 PM
Hi I’m new to p99 as of the past 4 months.
I played in live as a child as never got to experience the pure nostalgia of Sleepers Tomb.
Coming to this server and relearning the game has been fun yes.
Every time I would ask about the “sleeper” people would say he’s woken up but almost like he’s “He-who-shall-not-be-named”.
I would then ask if he’s woken and most of the mobs don’t respawn why don’t the GMs just reset him?

Pros — this would bring back more players that quit after such a fiasco.
Cons— some states are still under quarantine.

So GMs why won’t you reset him? “Seems as simple as a click of a button”

I myself would love to experience this content, not the subpar version of it currently.

Duane
03-17-2020, 06:30 PM
Try Green.

Ripqozko
03-17-2020, 06:51 PM
Sorry you dont got warder loot. Consider Green.

bradsamma
03-18-2020, 02:24 PM
I agree that it should be reset but you should also say please as opposed to making demands on volunteers.

enjchanter
03-18-2020, 04:05 PM
can we bring back guises too while were at it

Ripqozko
03-18-2020, 04:16 PM
Can we bring back broken pally bee weapon too

rezzie
03-18-2020, 05:09 PM
Let's compromise. Bring back the sleeper but leave the warders out.

Evia
03-18-2020, 05:23 PM
Not classic
Ruins immersion and epicness of everything The Sleeper is and stands for.
The unkillable,
The one time event, would be devalued
Sleeper was never expected to be experienced by everyone
That was the entire point.

These kind of requests brought us PoP port books and world of warcraft. No please.

Balimon
03-18-2020, 06:04 PM
You have plenty of time to level a toon on Green to see it!

Stryker85
03-18-2020, 07:30 PM
As much as I want this to happen, it never will.

El-Hefe
03-18-2020, 07:45 PM
Y’all need “Classic Jesus”tm.

kjs86z
03-19-2020, 10:54 AM
r/wallstreetbets told me stonks only go up

Sweetbaby Jesus
03-19-2020, 11:02 AM
Even if they did reset ST. What makes you think it means more people will get to experience this content? Who's to say the group that woke him in the first place doesn't just make a special appearance to wake him right back up and lock it out again?

aaezil
03-19-2020, 11:13 AM
If that were the case they wouldnt flock to threads like this pleading to please not take away the only accomplishment of their entire lives (in their minds)

Mad/bads

Ripqozko
03-19-2020, 12:35 PM
If that were the case they wouldnt flock to threads like this pleading to please not take away the only accomplishment of their entire lives (in their minds)

Mad/bads

Sorry you don’t got warder loot.

Mad/bad/sad

branamil
03-19-2020, 12:46 PM
Not classic

The one-time event was on classic. This is a TLP, so it's the second event. And now you don't want a third?

DMN
03-19-2020, 01:26 PM
Sleeper not up.

kaizersoze
03-19-2020, 03:42 PM
Not classic
Ruins immersion and epicness of everything The Sleeper is and stands for.
The unkillable,
Sleeper was never expected to be experienced by everyone
That was the entire point.

These kind of requests brought us PoP port books and world of warcraft. No please.

PoP was lit tho and druids and wizzies became way better at other things since they werent just port whores anymore.

Croco
03-20-2020, 01:45 AM
This poll perfectly goes to show that for all the extremely vocal people on this forum and on these servers they are vastly in the minority when it comes to stuff like this. They're just louder and more annoying.

Ripqozko
03-20-2020, 04:53 AM
This poll perfectly goes to show that for all the extremely vocal people on this forum and on these servers they are vastly in the minority when it comes to stuff like this. They're just louder and more annoying.

I think the same but in opposite way. Every few months someone makes a thread and begs for content they won’t get no matter what the polls say . Sorry you don’t got warder loot. Consider green

Croco
03-20-2020, 06:25 AM
This message is hidden because Ripqozko is on your ignore list.

Sorry can't hear you.

Izmael
03-20-2020, 08:38 AM
Hey it seems that even voting with multiple forum accounts the few remaining Rampage nerds are now a huge minority.

ST reset inc soon if this continues.
Shrouds and Sods on every alt soon lolololol

Ripqozko
03-20-2020, 10:12 AM
It’s really not, but continue making threads begging.

Nirgon
03-20-2020, 01:08 PM
More flailing :(

Allishia
03-20-2020, 01:09 PM
Woohoo ready for my scepters of Destruction mwahhahaha

Baler
03-20-2020, 02:32 PM
Which green guild will wake the sleeper?

Toomuch
03-22-2020, 08:56 PM
Solution A : a combination of fun things.
1. Reset The Sleeper
2. Make ST a PVP enabled zone, based on guild.
This would be the most fun of all things ever done on p99. Just think of the possibilities... But this is a pipe dream, so I've got other proposals.

Solution B : Custom Content, to allow people to experience the parts of it they missed out on or want to experience again (which is like, the whole point of this server, right?)
1. Don't actually wake The Sleeper
2. Let the warders spawn independent of The Sleeper. Put them on whatever timer Dev's want, but if people feel that "rare is good", then make it something like 10 days. But for the love of dogs, please give them only an 8 hour window. This sock-meta is unhealthy.

Solution C : Release ST 2.0
ST 2.0 has "Ancient Pristmatic" weapons, and warders. It's out of era, but not as far as balance is concerned. The gear is still comparable to ToV. This way, people can't complain about "TEH SLEEPER IS SUPPOSED TO BE A 1 THYME TING," or "BUT THE ONLY REASON I STILL PLAY IS TO LINK MY ORIGINAL ST LOOTS AND BRAG TO THE LESS FORTUNATE."

I would absolutely love any of these 3 solutions. As you can see by the poll numbers, the people want this. It's a vocal minority that don't.

Dogma
03-22-2020, 09:25 PM
Don't reset sleeper. No one cares what it drops and Warders loot will just cause a whole new level of lawyerquesting.

Not worth it. Not classic. Just leave it dead.

branamil
03-22-2020, 11:23 PM
I'm VERY upset that other elves are getting rare magical items on a time locked fantasy prison!

Zekayy
03-23-2020, 04:26 AM
For anyone saying the sleeper didnt get reset heres proof sony did reset it https://kotaku.com/the-surprising-and-allegedly-impossible-death-of-everqu-1785741600 and it may not be classic but neither is rooted dragons if they can reset it on live then they can reset it here