PDA

View Full Version : Flowing Thought

Muggens
04-06-2020, 08:46 AM
Hi gang

Searching forums and it seems Flowing Thought will stack if at different values,
so a FT1 item would stack with a FT2 item for example, but two FT1 items will not stack

Correct me if I am wrong please

Looking for stuff to do/aquire for my Wizard, hence the interested in flowing thought

elwing
04-06-2020, 09:32 AM
That's correct, and if I am right, the max you can get as a wiz is 8 (ft1+ft2+ft5), for priest it's 6 (ft1+ft2+ft3)... Can't guarantee I am not mixing classes or forgetting items...

kjs86z
04-06-2020, 09:35 AM
Yes they stack and its amazing (currently FT7 enchanter).

Muggens
04-06-2020, 10:11 AM
Aight, sounds good! Thanks for clearing this up for me. Gonna start working on that shawl I guess.

BTW what items are the Wiz stackables? And they all stack up with Barrier of Force buff from the epic right?

and Ouch, Shawl is just a bunch of tradeskilling, I forgot that... well guess thats one I wont get then.

loramin
04-06-2020, 11:33 AM
Aight, sounds good! Thanks for clearing this up for me. Gonna start working on that shawl I guess.

BTW what items are the Wiz stackables? And they all stack up with Barrier of Force buff from the epic right?

and Ouch, Shawl is just a bunch of tradeskilling, I forgot that... well guess thats one I wont get then.

Shawl is by far the "easiest" source of FT ... if you don't raid.

If you do (and you don't already enjoy tradeskilling), you should just stick to raid drops: I promise, your wrists will thank you for saving them from some serious carpal tunnel syndrome.

Muggens
04-06-2020, 12:42 PM
Shawl is by far the "easiest" source of FT ... if you don't raid.

If you do (and you don't already enjoy tradeskilling), you should just stick to raid drops: I promise, your wrists will thank you for saving them from some serious carpal tunnel syndrome.

Yep man, I absolutely cant stand tradeskills in EQ, not only does it cramp up the hands and wrist, it gives me a terrible headache aswell, I get crosseyed more or less :p
Dont think I will get any of the FT items by the looks of it

magnetaress
04-06-2020, 01:01 PM
It really isnt that bad once u figure out how to be efficient, probably like 7000 clicks, n u can put on some good music.

Ur going to click 20,000 more times anyway farming plat for an alt

elwing
04-06-2020, 01:56 PM
For int caster you have lots of ft1 option, shawl being the easiest, ft2 is yelinak boots, ft5 is from tunare

baakss
04-06-2020, 02:06 PM
Shawl is easier than buying the neck from Ring War?

Gustoo
04-06-2020, 03:29 PM
One thing I enjoyed during pop era was things that make cast time faster, for pvps.

Muggens
04-08-2020, 04:25 PM
Choker of the Wretched seems like to most viable option for me. If you have any tips on how to be "efficient" in tradeskill-ups Im all ears :)
Thanks guys

Kosmic Utensil
04-08-2020, 09:59 PM
Choker of the Wretched seems like to most viable option for me. If you have any tips on how to be "efficient" in tradeskill-ups Im all ears :)
Thanks guys

I've done the Prayer Shawl quest twice now so I'll give you my 2c. Tradeskills are far easier to complete on a Druid or Wiz than any other class for the obvious ability to get around and collect mats. The best thing you can do is get maxed dex and cha buffed before you attempt your combines. You will get more skill ups faster and will have more successful combines which you can sell back. Get a chanter to cast Boon on you if you can.

I like to hack away at one skill at a time. Work brewing and get it up to 168 in one or two sittings, it's really not that bad once you get going. Tailoring is obviously the worst to level but if you know where to go (i.e. FoB for spiderling silk, EK for spider silk, etc) you can get your mats together pretty fast. Highly suggest Thurg for most of your tradeskilling as they sell virtually everything there.

Everyone besides Druids and Wizards should get pottery up to 142 no matter what for making Thurg gate potions. It's so nice to have a self port option to Velious in your bags at any time and mats are easy to collect in Velks/CC.

Muggens
04-08-2020, 10:29 PM
Thanks man good post^

branamil
04-08-2020, 11:29 PM
You should go for Choker before the Shawl. The shawl is tradeable so at least you can keep your value. You will have to sink at least 50k+ in tradeskills and possible 50+ hours in farming and camping to make one. It's just not worth it. With the choker you can give it to an alt or re-sell it if you ever want.

Muggens
04-09-2020, 12:17 AM
Yeah thanks, its what Im thinking too, just seems the most reasonable and the least soul crushing. 50k and 50 hours...and the crosseyedness and nausea...ugh

7thGate
04-24-2020, 12:59 PM
I'm almost positive this shouldn't be anywhere close to 50k in materials for a shawl. Almost the entire cost should be in the ~50 velious level combines you need to attempt to go from 158 to 162 in tailoring; everything else combined should be under 5k. You can buy the materials for that way under the cost of a Choker of the Wretched.

You still probably need 10 hours of clicking to get the tradeskills up though even with max int. 50 hours seems like a reasonable total time estimate to farm all of the stuff you need yourself and do all the tradeskilling, but in that case the cost is 0. There's no way the total time investment for a choker is under that for a shawl unless you have access to some way of making more than 1k plat/hour (which some people do, so if you're pulling 5k an hour selling some specific multiquest component or tunnel flipping or something, this doesn't apply to you).

7thGate
04-24-2020, 01:16 PM
I'm almost positive this shouldn't be anywhere close to 50k in materials for a shawl. Almost the entire cost should be in the ~50 velious level combines you need to attempt to go from 158 to 162 in tailoring; everything else combined should be under 5k. You can buy the materials for that way under the cost of a Choker of the Wretched.

You still probably need 10 hours of clicking to get the tradeskills up though even with max int. 50 hours seems like a reasonable total time estimate to farm all of the stuff you need yourself and do all the tradeskilling, but in that case the cost is 0. There's no way the total time investment for a choker is under that for a shawl unless you have access to some way of making more than 1k plat/hour (which some people do, so if you're pulling 5k an hour selling some specific multiquest component or tunnel flipping or something, this doesn't apply to you).

loramin
04-24-2020, 01:17 PM
The shawl is the tradeskiller epic. If you approach it as an epic, and try and tackle it in stages, it's absolutely doable for anyone on the server (or at least anyone who can grab a 60 Druid friend for the no drop SG part).

You get a powerful item (not just FT1 but pretty good stats too), it's doable without raiding, and you can break it up over the course of 100 days if you want ... but it absolutely is a timesink, as all the big quests in the game are (epics, VP key, Garzicor, Spirit Wracked Cord, etc.). Maybe even more of one than the rest ... depending on how good you are at clicking combines for hours without destroying your wrists.

enjchanter
04-27-2020, 04:03 AM
Thanks guys

the prayer shawl is the most ridiculous item in this game. its like a 3/10 item walled behind every tradeskill in the game.
Farming 110k for the choker is 100% better use of your time than the shawl. Atleast you can flip the choker if you lose interest / upgrade

jolanar
04-27-2020, 08:16 AM
the prayer shawl is the most ridiculous item in this game. its like a 3/10 item walled behind every tradeskill in the game.
Farming 110k for the choker is 100% better use of your time than the shawl. Atleast you can flip the choker if you lose interest / upgrade

Shawl is hardly a 3/10 item. It's also one of those do it so you can experience it sort of things. I definitely wouldn't do it on a character that wasn't going to be my main for a very long time though.

Ennewi
04-27-2020, 03:27 PM

Shawl is a 7/10 item or should have been, similar to the ring.

Sunderfury
04-27-2020, 04:45 PM
Imagine custom content where next shawl line is implemented. During early Luclin, handing in your shawl would "fetch" Dain Frostreaver IV for the quest if he wasn't spawned (who would be killable and with a full loot table).

loramin
04-27-2020, 05:00 PM
Imagine custom content where next shawl line is implemented.

Every night in my dreams ...

https://i.imgur.com/SanmEXh.gif

(Loramin dreaming of wearing 8th Shawl)

Sibelia1
04-27-2020, 05:35 PM
Imagine custom content where next shawl line is implemented. During early Luclin, handing in your shawl would "fetch" Dain Frostreaver IV for the quest if he wasn't spawned (who would be killable and with a full loot table).

That would be cool but what would be cooler is to maintain a hierarchy of rigid control, keep organically-built databases in a modding scene proprietary, and cap that dream off at Velious for eternity. It's important to have lots and lots of control, ownership, and passive income.

enjchanter
04-28-2020, 03:58 AM
Shawl is:

1. Walled behind every tradeskill in the game. Thats arguably more annoying to do than any epic.
2. The 7 charisma give enchanter vibes, but a neriad shawl is +25 charisma and completely outclasses it.
3. The stats are like on par with a 4k ec item (maybe less) 7int is meaningless, 7sta is roughly 25hp? for the classes who would actually wear it.
4. FT1 while not meaningless is mostly unnoticeable. This will not make you feel like youre over flowing with mana compared to not having it. Also you cant stack your FT of the same rank, so instead of using the better Choker of the Wretched which gives you 40hp and mana along with 8 Charisma for you chanters / clerics, you get an item that youre basically wearing for a weak effect that will make little to no difference instead of just wearing something like a squallsurge shawl.

This item is way way WAY too much effort to warrant the reward. Honestly , consider if you took the quest out and just put this item in the world in a reasonably similar difficulty of acquisition of a 6 neck or choker and think if you would still bother using this item.

Ennewi
04-28-2020, 08:11 AM
4. FT1 while not meaningless is mostly unnoticeable. This will not make you feel like youre over flowing with mana compared to not having it. Also you cant stack your FT of the same rank, so instead of using the better Choker of the Wretched which gives you 40hp and mana along with 8 Charisma for you chanters / clerics, you get an item that youre basically wearing for a weak effect that will make little to no difference instead of just wearing something like a squallsurge shawl.

With little time to meditate as a tank and no time as a puller, shawl works well on hybrids fulfilling either roles or both. All of the stats are on the lower end, but together it's enough. Even with cheap aggro spells, not having an Enchanter in group, mana problems arise sooner or later. There is Narandi's Crown of course, but shawl still has great value. Enchanters already having a buttload of innate mana regen, and access to other/better versions of FT, shawl probably would be more trouble than it's worth. To always have double digits in mana regen and theft of thought. /drool

magnetaress
04-28-2020, 08:30 AM
Tradeskills are. fun.