PDA

View Full Version : Dropping off the hate list in Iceclad

aspomwell
04-07-2020, 12:48 PM
So I've been quadding frost giant scouts in Iceclad on my druid.

Sometimes I need to travel pretty far to tag 4 of them. I've been aggroing them with ensnare, a long lasting snare that does no damage. I generally do so and run back to the shore and wait for them all to find me.

Twice last night after running back to the shore they never came. The second time I still had the last guy targetted so I went out and found him and sure enough he was just wandering around the snow.

I thought once you were on the hate list, you were on it unless you had some skill or spell to reduce/eliminate it (which as a druid, I don't).

Is this a bug or is that how it works in Velious? I would have marked it as a fluke once but it happened twice last night. I could also see maybe one of them losing aggro but all 4? Is there a distance limit? I've never heard of one before...

Kavious
04-07-2020, 01:15 PM
February 13th, 2017 Patch Notes (https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=265599)Haynar: Added "lazy aggro" behavior for NPCs. If they get too far from their target, they will no longer chase.

aspomwell
04-07-2020, 01:27 PM
Ahh, thanks. Yeah, that seems to be what they're doing...

I've just never experienced it before. Also weird that both times all 4 of them lost aggro, but it was on the large island in iceclad, guess I got far enough away.

Hideousclaw
04-07-2020, 02:02 PM
I think if you get a distance of about 1000 loc points it leashes mobs. It somewhere around there.

Kaellaven
04-07-2020, 02:53 PM
Used to happen to me in CS when I’d pull Wyverns from around the Druid circle to the rock. Have to circle back and snap them out of their snare daze haha.

magnetaress
04-07-2020, 02:57 PM
keep em close

staff of temprate flux

sydbarrett25
04-08-2020, 12:17 PM
keep em close

staff of temprate flux

Hes a druid, the inferior quadder.

Jimjam
04-08-2020, 02:50 PM
Alternatively, if you were taking a REALLY long time to gather your victims: Mobs will memblur themselves if you don't perform an aggressive act for 10 minutes.

aspomwell
04-08-2020, 04:24 PM
Alternatively, if you were taking a REALLY long time to gather your victims: Mobs will memblur themselves if you don't perform an aggressive act for 10 minutes.

Yeah, I read the whole patch notes that Kavious linked up there (thanks again Kavious!). I didn't realize that that was in the game either.

To be honest, I don't remember that mechanic at all in live in Kunark and Velious, but there's links to people discussing it so I'm chalking it up to my aged brain misrememburing... In my memory, once you were on a hatelist you could zone or die, although Screaming Terror had a chance to remove you from the list (never played a chanter).

branamil
04-08-2020, 04:34 PM
The server is quite far from classic at this point