PDA

View Full Version : Gear for a level 11 human monk

teagueash
04-08-2020, 09:15 PM
I'm a newbie, and have around 160 plat left after buying two Master Wu's Trance Sticks. Not sure what to focus on next. Someone was kind of enough to toss me a Phase Spider Carapace, which I use, but maybe it would be better to sell it and gear up?

Equips:

gloves: Griffon Talon Gloves
wrists: Bracers of Battle
Rings: Scarab Ring/Crystal Ring
Weaps: 2x Master Wu
Chest: Phase Spider Carapace
Rest: Cloth

Items:

90% of Small Banded Set

Dogma
04-08-2020, 09:49 PM
Best possible thing you could do right now is to reroll as iksar.

Can't beat that racial slot upgrade.

Kealenfists
04-09-2020, 12:00 AM
Save your cash and get a haste item.

Muggens
04-09-2020, 12:18 AM
Platinum Fire Wedding Rings. And dont worry about items now, they will come

Crede
04-09-2020, 09:34 AM
Sell off everything you own and roll an enchanter, gear it the best you can and get it to 60 and start farming stuff to eventually twink the piss outta your monk.

Baler
04-09-2020, 10:42 AM
the best bang for your buck on blue is Silver Chitin Hand Wraps (https://wiki.project1999.com/Silver_Chitin_Hand_Wraps)

magnetaress
04-09-2020, 11:10 AM
mesh :D

McSticky
04-09-2020, 11:21 AM
Play what you want. Being a monk is not a get rich strategy though. I would get:
2x HP rings
SCHW
Wu's Quivering staff when level 20

Nice to have:
Azure Sleeves - Cheap with nice AC
Wu's armor. Usually can get this for free from someone working on tailoring
2x Tar goo strands - Very cheap wrist option

Should be able to level for awhile with that and random gear you find.

Croco
04-09-2020, 04:12 PM
I would focus on finding someone to hold your gear so you can reroll iksar and transfer it over.

Topgunben
04-09-2020, 09:29 PM
I'm a newbie, and have around 160 plat left after buying two Master Wu's Trance Sticks. Not sure what to focus on next. Someone was kind of enough to toss me a Phase Spider Carapace, which I use, but maybe it would be better to sell it and gear up?

Equips:

gloves: Griffon Talon Gloves
wrists: Bracers of Battle
Rings: Scarab Ring/Crystal Ring
Weaps: 2x Master Wu
Chest: Phase Spider Carapace
Rest: Cloth

Items:

90% of Small Banded Set

Sell the Phase Spider Carapace and with the plat you have, I suggest getting the following items in this order:

1) Wu's Quivering Staff. (cheap, good for 2hb, but your 7/18s will be better while your low level)
2) Silver Chitin Handwraps, usually run around 700 to 1000pp
3) 5/55 rings x2. You can get 2 for 375pp
4) orc fang earings x2
5) Tar Goo Strands x2
6) Executioners hood
7) Black Pantherskin armor (wear Wu's until you can afford the set)
8) by the time you are getting close to 40, hopefully you have saved up 4000pp to buy an Imbued Fighters staff. Its an extremely good weapon at that level, and no more damage cap to worry about)

FBSS is too expensive (2000pp) compared to Silver Chitin hand wraps, plus you get 1% more haste with the handwraps, and +3 to all saves. Not to mention you can pick up a thin banded belt for 50pp or you can get a thick banded belt for 1600 when you get richer.

The best item hands down for a monk is going to be Fungi Tunic, but I didnt put that on your list because its out of reach for your budget. What some have said about going Iksar is true. Having racial regen does make a difference, especially when soloing.

Spend as much time as you can soloing near places you can get regen and haste buffs. Duo as much as you can with the right classes. Avoid full groups, because they will leech off of your hard work.

Duo with the following classes in this order from best to worst
Necromancer/Shaman
Bard
Druid (charm zones only)
Mage
Enchanter
Rogue
Paladin
Shadow Knight
Warrior (only if twinked)
Ranger
Cleric
Wizard

teagueash
04-10-2020, 03:20 PM
Right on thanks for all the tips. Definitely feeling the pain with the slower hp regen on the human, but then again, eye patches.

McSticky ended up finding me in game and gifted me 2 platinum fire rings + the azure sleeves, so gear wise I feel I'm in great shape! Will focus less on gear and more on leveling.

teagueash
04-10-2020, 03:24 PM
Sell the Phase Spider Carapace and with the plat you have, I suggest getting the following items in this order:

1) Wu's Quivering Staff. (cheap, good for 2hb, but your 7/18s will be better while your low level)
2) Silver Chitin Handwraps, usually run around 700 to 1000pp
3) 5/55 rings x2. You can get 2 for 375pp
4) orc fang earings x2
5) Tar Goo Strands x2
6) Executioners hood
7) Black Pantherskin armor (wear Wu's until you can afford the set)
8) by the time you are getting close to 40, hopefully you have saved up 4000pp to buy an Imbued Fighters staff. Its an extremely good weapon at that level, and no more damage cap to worry about)

FBSS is too expensive (2000pp) compared to Silver Chitin hand wraps, plus you get 1% more haste with the handwraps, and +3 to all saves. Not to mention you can pick up a thin banded belt for 50pp or you can get a thick banded belt for 1600 when you get richer.

The best item hands down for a monk is going to be Fungi Tunic, but I didnt put that on your list because its out of reach for your budget. What some have said about going Iksar is true. Having racial regen does make a difference, especially when soloing.

Spend as much time as you can soloing near places you can get regen and haste buffs. Duo as much as you can with the right classes. Avoid full groups, because they will leech off of your hard work.

Duo with the following classes in this order from best to worst
Necromancer/Shaman
Bard
Druid (charm zones only)
Mage
Enchanter
Rogue
Paladin
Shadow Knight
Warrior (only if twinked)
Ranger
Cleric
Wizard

Sweet I'll keep this list bookmarked and knock things off it as I go. I'm seeing the carapace average for like 1300pp, is that a fair price? Also of course my duo partner rolls a Wizard haha. Found it works decently when he saves his nukes for when the mob gets to around 60% hp though.

Topgunben
04-10-2020, 07:58 PM
Sweet I'll keep this list bookmarked and knock things off it as I go. I'm seeing the carapace average for like 1300pp, is that a fair price? Also of course my duo partner rolls a Wizard haha. Found it works decently when he saves his nukes for when the mob gets to around 60% hp though.

You will have a lot of fun with the Wizard. If he can keep clarity on himself, its not a bad setup. You can pick up a bard and it would be a nice Trio.

Ya I think 1300pp is a fair price, although I just bought one 4 nights ago for 970pp. The sooner you can sell it and get silver chitin handwraps, the better off you will be.