PDA

View Full Version : Weapon advice enchanter on blue.

Divinedsoul
04-18-2020, 05:57 PM
Hey, im a new player on blue. Currently playing a dark elf enchanter and got about 300 plat to invest in a mainhand weapon.
Any advice? Been trying to buy a stein of moggok but no luck yet.
Got limited playtime usually so can’t run it myself. Thanks!

therealmd
04-18-2020, 06:53 PM
https://wiki.project1999.com/Rod_of_Insidious_Glamour

Depending on your level you should be able to quest this pretty easily.

firstblood
04-18-2020, 07:00 PM
skip the stein of moggok and get a crude stein

Divinedsoul
04-18-2020, 08:51 PM
https://wiki.project1999.com/Rod_of_Insidious_Glamour

Depending on your level you should be able to quest this pretty easily.
Im only level 17 at the moment and using a Pugius hehe.

Divinedsoul
04-18-2020, 08:52 PM
skip the stein of moggok and get a crude stein
I already have that, in my offhand.

nothsa
04-18-2020, 09:58 PM
Yeah, rod is almost bis. The main reason is the non targeted Globle refresh. Which combined with AE stun let you get off a quick mez.

Divinedsoul
04-18-2020, 10:28 PM
Yeah, rod is almost bis. The main reason is the non targeted Globle refresh. Which combined with AE stun let you get off a quick mez.
Ok, i’ll get to that when im 25+ then hehe thanks

Divinedsoul
04-18-2020, 10:29 PM
Also, what globe refresh? What is that? I can only see that it has effect: alliance on it?

jbel123
04-19-2020, 12:55 AM
Also, what globe refresh? What is that? I can only see that it has effect: alliance on it?

when you cast a spell, all your spell gems stay greyed out for about 1.5 seconds after your spell finishes casting. this can be annoying, and in the case on an enchanter, can cause you to die.

if you click a GCD (global cooldown device) like the rod, it refreshes the spell gem cooldown timer so you can instantly cast another spell.

Divinedsoul
04-19-2020, 01:24 AM
when you cast a spell, all your spell gems stay greyed out for about 1.5 seconds after your spell finishes casting. this can be annoying, and in the case on an enchanter, can cause you to die.

if you click a GCD (global cooldown device) like the rod, it refreshes the spell gem cooldown timer so you can instantly cast another spell.
Oh thats great! Is this a hidden thing or is this the Effect: Alliance skill?

DKN
04-19-2020, 02:10 AM
Oh thats great! Is this a hidden thing or is this the Effect: Alliance skill?

The Effect cast on the Rod works as a GCD.

Copy it from your inventory and drag it down a hotbar slot, which enables you to quickly cast it between spells by using your favourite keyboard bind.

Trivonus
04-19-2020, 03:29 AM
I used Rod of Insidious Glamour all the way to 60. I never got the epic for various reasons (I'm not much of a poopsocker, and my play hours were varied so I mainly soloed). Anyways, at 60 I got Zlandicar's Heart (and kept 255 charisma!). I STILL use the rod in my open inventory slot to reset my spell timer. I can't imagine a much better setup. I'd just go Rod -> Epic -> Zheart :) You can do anything with Zheart!!

Divinedsoul
04-19-2020, 03:38 PM
I used Rod of Insidious Glamour all the way to 60. I never got the epic for various reasons (I'm not much of a poopsocker, and my play hours were varied so I mainly soloed). Anyways, at 60 I got Zlandicar's Heart (and kept 255 charisma!). I STILL use the rod in my open inventory slot to reset my spell timer. I can't imagine a much better setup. I'd just go Rod -> Epic -> Zheart :) You can do anything with Zheart!!
Thanks alot for the answer!

Divinedsoul
04-19-2020, 05:55 PM
The Effect cast on the Rod works as a GCD.

Copy it from your inventory and drag it down a hotbar slot, which enables you to quickly cast it between spells by using your favourite keyboard bind.
Damn cool! Does the item have to be equipped to work? Or just dragged into a keybind?

DKN
04-20-2020, 01:41 AM
Damn cool! Does the item have to be equipped to work? Or just dragged into a keybind?

Many items can be cast from inventory but the Rod GCD effect has to be equipped and then dragged/copied to your hotbar. Click and hold mouse 1 on the item while it’s equipped then drag the copy to your desired hotbar slot. As an example you can rebind hotbar slot 10 to a key you like to spam easily while playing and moving your toon at the same time. I use keybind E personally. Try and pick a GCD hotkey that doesn’t require you to move your hand far away from WASD movement keys.

Divinedsoul
04-20-2020, 07:23 PM
Many items can be cast from inventory but the Rod GCD effect has to be equipped and then dragged/copied to your hotbar. Click and hold mouse 1 on the item while it’s equipped then drag the copy to your desired hotbar slot. As an example you can rebind hotbar slot 10 to a key you like to spam easily while playing and moving your toon at the same time. I use keybind E personally. Try and pick a GCD hotkey that doesn’t require you to move your hand far away from WASD movement keys.
Yeah, I bound sense heading to D and loc hehe! Thanks for the tips!

jbel123
04-21-2020, 03:46 AM
Rod of insidious glamour can be clicked from inventory

Similar to the way you drag from primary slot, drag from inventory