PDA

View Full Version : Traks Teeth Nameds

kylok
05-04-2011, 05:21 AM
So what's the deal here? A buddy of mine and myself have spent a number of hours working the hunter / forager cycles looking for different items for our toons and guildies and whenever we get one to spawn, some ranger or druid takes it away and tells us tough titties they got there first. I know this kind of thing is hard to lock down, but isn't this a matter of etiquette? I'm more then willing to put my time in to get my items but when I'm spending hours of my time to get some random stranger a 30k item I get a little frustrated.

So is every bard and monk that wants an Iksar Hide Mask going to have to buy one or bring a ranger with them to get one? This is ludicrous and I'm starting a list of people who behave in this greedy and selfish way. Not gonna post it, but if you would like to know it you can get a hold of me.

Bruno
05-04-2011, 05:25 AM
You're not going to get anywhere with this one bud. Outside roaming mobs are ffa. Case closed.

kylok
05-04-2011, 05:34 AM
I'm getting all my ports from wizards from now on. And if rangers were hard to get into groups before...

Ennoia
05-04-2011, 06:14 AM
I'm getting all my ports from wizards from now on. And if rangers were hard to get into groups before...

?? Kunark was very good to Rangers compared to classic.

Also...you have track and are playing the fastest class in the game...suck less. Not hard to train the entire zone with an AoE and just keep making your way around until you hit the named.

YendorLootmonkey
05-04-2011, 06:46 AM
a) There are like 12 active level 45+ rangers in the game, so I doubt any of us are causing many issues for you.

b) When Kunark released and there was a mad dash for the hunter/forager, I was routinely beat to these mobs by bards w/Selo's. I couldn't get there fast enough... by the time I lined up my bow shot, the bard had already tagged it.

Ideally, you'll want a team of two trackers... one for the north spawns, one for the south spawns. Pull to a central location to kill. When it is almost dead, gamble and send one of your trackers out to either the south or north end of the lake to get ready to grab the next one when the one you have dies.

If you have a ranger tagging your shit with flame lick or snare after the fact, that is bullshit and giving our class a bad name. If he's tagging off you with a damn arrow, you're gonna need more than prox aggro to pull the mob... chances are he didn't even realize you tagged it. It's hard to see with all them bullshit trees in the zone.

Knightmare
05-04-2011, 09:13 AM

A little extreme no? Should I blacklist every Wizard because I've had a couple KS me? Or every Monk because a couple FD-Train me? The list, definitely. I have that on my druid for no-ports. But it's name based, not class based ;)

Extunarian
05-04-2011, 09:45 AM
I'm getting all my ports from wizards from now on.

Even if a druid BEGS you to let them drop what they are doing port you, I think you should hold your head high and walk to where your going.

That will show those druids with their zonewide track and faster-than-selos sow.

Aadill
05-04-2011, 09:47 AM
Even if a druid BEGS you to let them drop what they are doing port you, I think you should hold your head high and walk to where your going.

That will show those druids with their zonewide track and faster-than-selos sow.

DAMN THEM!

Dr4z3r
05-04-2011, 10:51 AM
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=7051

Rais
05-04-2011, 10:53 AM
Why do monks want this mask?

Aadill
05-04-2011, 11:01 AM

One can assume he meant bards and rogues.

Kassel
05-04-2011, 11:36 AM
There are obviously more people than you there working the cycle. Pull faster if you want mobs.

baalzy
05-04-2011, 12:35 PM
What it sounds like is he & his friend are killing the frogs, while someone else is sitting back on their laurels waiting for a named, which they then tag because they're sitting closer to the possible spawn location.

Basically, some people are riding his nuts and he's getting annoyed with it.

Don't blame him.

Dantes
05-04-2011, 12:38 PM
Group with a tracker. Problem solved.

Wendak
05-04-2011, 12:51 PM
What it sounds like is he & his friend are killing the frogs, while someone else is sitting back on their laurels waiting for a named, which they then tag because they're sitting closer to the possible spawn location.

Basically, some people are riding his nuts and he's getting annoyed with it.

Don't blame him.

Yep. I only do the cycle when there is like 2 people in zone (really early in the AM) for this reason. Last time I killed 26 Foragers and 1 Silvermane. People sit back and let you kill PHs and they snipe the nameds.. it is lame

Hasbinbad
05-04-2011, 12:53 PM
This thread is almost as dumb as the guy complaining about his bag of summoned bandages.

Sethius
05-04-2011, 12:54 PM
Two sides to every story... etc. etc.

Also:

"If it's a named that can spawn anywhere, you can't really camp it, so it's whoever engages it first." (http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?p=275910#post275910)

Not sure if having a couple spawns is the same as anywhere, but man, this sounds close enough.

Besides, enough whining about mobs and camps already, you will only anger the gods of P99, and then judgement will be brought upon us all! Just work it out, no one cares about your list.

baalzy
05-04-2011, 01:08 PM
It's not a matter of the rules, it's a matter of being a douche.

If these people were competing then they'd be getting to the repopped frogs faster then the OP on occasion instead of only swooping in when a named appears.

People who quote rules as the reason for why they can do XYZ are really just justifying the fact that they're dickheads.

Bruno
05-04-2011, 01:56 PM
There are plenty of games you whiners can play that have instancing. You can farm uncontested mobs all day long. I can refer you to a few if you need. Hit me up via PM.

Troy
05-04-2011, 02:28 PM
There are plenty of games you whiners can play that have instancing. You can farm uncontested mobs all day long. I can refer you to a few if you need. Hit me up via PM.

This kind of attitude is lame.

If people are really just standing at spawn points and only engaging if you happen to cause a named to spawn, that is ridiculous. The only way to 'compete' with that is to stop killing PH's yourself and stand by a spawn point, hoping some other sucker will kill the PH's for you.

Knightmare
05-04-2011, 02:35 PM
This thread is almost as dumb as the guy complaining about his bag of summoned bandages.

Haha awesomeness.

Now go into that Dramallama one and post this :D

Messianic
05-04-2011, 02:55 PM

You know, I disagree with you probably on every level politically, but you always manage to say something that makes me laugh.

Kudos.

toddfx
05-04-2011, 03:41 PM
I've been spending some time in TT myself looking for the Hangman while soloing some trash. I was there with a druid once, spending most of our time on the north side of the zone. We killed the forager twice, and never saw any of the named on track during the 2 hours we stayed. Not sure if people were just killing the stuff that quickly, or if we were just too far north.

How frequent do you guys see the Hangman spawn? I've heard of the Noose rotting on multiple occasions, and i'd be more than willing to pay for those loot rights. Luckily I am perfect level for solo exping there while I casually search/wait for the noose. If anybody is planning to poopsock, let me know - I will pay well and help kill.

Kender
05-04-2011, 04:10 PM

think he meant rogue

Sethius
05-04-2011, 04:24 PM
It's not a matter of the rules, it's a matter of being a douche.

If these people were competing then they'd be getting to the repopped frogs faster then the OP on occasion instead of only swooping in when a named appears.

People who quote rules as the reason for why they can do XYZ are really just justifying the fact that they're dickheads.

Two sides to every story...

I wasn't involved in this, don't even have a character above lvl 26... just saying that people whine about stuff and waste time a lot on this server.

People who complain about stuff that GM's have already stated is fair are just GM time wasters.

Mcbard
05-04-2011, 05:22 PM
I've been spending some time in TT myself looking for the Hangman while soloing some trash. I was there with a druid once, spending most of our time on the north side of the zone. We killed the forager twice, and never saw any of the named on track during the 2 hours we stayed. Not sure if people were just killing the stuff that quickly, or if we were just too far north.

How frequent do you guys see the Hangman spawn? I've heard of the Noose rotting on multiple occasions, and i'd be more than willing to pay for those loot rights. Luckily I am perfect level for solo exping there while I casually search/wait for the noose. If anybody is planning to poopsock, let me know - I will pay well and help kill.

I think the named spawn pretty randomly.

ByronosaurusRex
05-04-2011, 05:40 PM
No one is contesting that this is an FFA camp. It's just a real jerk move to swoop a named with uber-valuable loot when someone else has been working on spawning it for hours. Yesterday I spawned 2 Crusaders and a Harbinger only to have them ganked before I could get to them with bard speed.

Ended up spawning the nameds I wanted and getting my loot later on in the day, but people sniping nameds I've worked hard to spawn is real frustrating. I roll up and if someone is working the cycle, I leave them to it. I don't go around tracking to see if they've spawned a valuable named I can gank. It's kinda rude, although not against the rules. Rudeness!

W/e, I put my time in so I don't have to deal with this stupid camp again but I feel like people should have a bit more courtesy sometimes.

Sethius
05-04-2011, 05:45 PM
W/e, I put my time in so I don't have to deal with this stupid camp again but I feel like people should have a bit more courtesy sometimes.

That's really the key point the GM's have been trying to get across. Play fair, both parties involved, and work it out like adults.

And frankly if someone steals it, well that's life anyway, stuff happens unfortunately. Not everyone is nice and if it isn't a legit offense, you can't really tell someone to stop being rude (you can but you're probably wasting your breath) and certainly don't need to waste GM time over it.

This whole thread is pretty much a moot point, imo.

baalzy
05-04-2011, 05:48 PM
You seem to be under the assumption that anyone even called in a GM Sethius.

Your arguments are moot because they're not applicable to the situation.

Sethius
05-04-2011, 06:39 PM
You seem to be under the assumption that anyone even called in a GM Sethius.

Your arguments are moot because they're not applicable to the situation.

I wasn't under the assumption that anyone called a GM, but all too often in situations like this they do. Just read the forums for awhile and watch the whining unfold. It really is quite entertaining sometimes. I was just commenting on the general state of the server, which is applicable since his whole point was etiquette.

Really what's the point of arguing about this? Someone might have, based on no evidence, stolen a named mob from him that he worked on spawning for x amount of time, based on no evidence. Perhaps that person that stole the mob was rude (and probably they were), now what? Amazingly, people on the internet are rude! Who would have guessed that!

Even if they had evidence, then what? GM's say named mobs that spawn in random places can't be camped, it's first to tag... all I said was how about we all just play nice and work it out among ourselves, and if we don't play nice, well suck it up princess, some people are mean. Seems that every time someone gets a mob stolen from them they run to the forums to say it wasn't fair. Sure it isn't, but now what?

People will be jerky, especially on situations the GM's will not ban them for (and nor should they for this type of situation since we all know that random mobs are first to tag, even if it is rude).

Again, this thread is moot. Interesting fodder, but moot still since nothing can come from it.

Edit: Oh yeah, the list thing is stupid for anyone's usage but himself, since every arguement is two sided and there is no way for us to verify he is telling the truth and the people on his list are actually jerks. I keep my own list, but I can assure you that there are people on it that some of you like. There is two sides to everything.

mwatt
05-05-2011, 02:51 PM
I am somewhat divided on this issue. On one end of the spectrum, if you have a tracker-enabled group or person that is deliberately, knowingly, cherry-picking named mobs and not doing any of the work to spawn them, I agree that is "wrong". On the other end of the spectrum, if someone is in the zone and unintentionally aggros a named mob and subsequently kills it, I think that is clearly a reasonable thing to do.

In between these two ends of the spectrum you have a scenario where a group or a solo player spots a named mob while moving through the zone or experiencing in the zone and then pulls it, or another scenario in which a group or solo player is actually also killing hunters/foragers and ends up killing a named mob. I personally would have to say that these are reasonable things to do.

The people who "run a cycle" as in TT or FM, simply must accept that the mechanics of spawning in these scenarios make it highly impractical to create rules that support the cycle runners. I would go further than this and also opine that there are many cases in which a player or players killing any cycle nameds that pop should be able to do so without being labled "jerks" or "dicks".

In the end, one simply cannot claim an entire zone, or even camp an area that comprises more ground than you can physically squat on. It just isn't reasonable.

YendorLootmonkey
05-05-2011, 03:28 PM
This is somewhat similar to the Quillmane camp, where killing the PH mobs spawns the named elsewhere in the zone.

If you want to gaurantee getting the named, since in most cases the person killing the PHs will not be able to beat someone else to the named when it spawns, you place your trackers in Quillmane's spawn areas to ensure you engage it first. I would have to believe you need to apply the same strategy to the TT or FM cycles in order to secure the nameds.

kylok
05-05-2011, 05:06 PM
Assuming nameds in TT have static spawn points like QM, yes. But I'm not too sure about that >.>

jmorgan08
05-05-2011, 05:15 PM
RNF

YendorLootmonkey
05-05-2011, 05:37 PM
Assuming nameds in TT have static spawn points like QM, yes. But I'm not too sure about that >.>

The same concept applies... you lose if you don't have your trackers out and about ready to snag the nameds while you're busy killing the mobs that make the nameds spawn.

Troy
05-05-2011, 07:59 PM
In other words: the only way you can get named mobs is to NOT kill PH's. Let some other fools do that.