PDA

View Full Version : Grouping: Desirable Classes?

Azu
05-09-2011, 12:16 PM
I'm a grouping oriented player and don't care much for soloing if i don't have to. I'm also new to the sever and was wondering what are some desirable classes for grouping? also what are there "too much of" or "not enough of" on the server?

thank you very much for any info :)

tingling
05-09-2011, 12:53 PM
you can't go wrong with a cleric enchanter or tank...

Doors
05-09-2011, 01:12 PM
Can't go wrong playing a ranger.

baalzy
05-09-2011, 01:19 PM
Can't go right playing a ranger.

FTFY.

Supaskillz
05-09-2011, 01:25 PM
Class desirability poll thread is useful to look at. Doors is clearly joking no one wants to group with rangers even there are almost none on the server. Every group starts with cleric ench and tank and usually peoples first choice for other 3 slots are monks and rogues.

Frytard
05-09-2011, 01:47 PM
Enchanters, but dont play one if u have dwns syndrome - thank you ahead of time

Teensy Weensy
05-09-2011, 01:47 PM
We need more magicians

Doors
05-09-2011, 01:49 PM
Granted that I am joking, rangers work fine in groups. Theres only a small minority of elitists fags that don't like hybrids. The other 90% of the playerbase will be fine with whatever class you choose to play as long as you play it well and don't act like a prick.

quellren
05-09-2011, 02:29 PM
I hate to perpetuate the 'Ranger Hate' but honestly....Right now, there is no reason to play one unless you just *LOVE* that class.
I have ZERO problem with them, and will invite one into my group as DPS any day, but my experience playing one into his mid-20's, few ppl actually have as much love as they claim, or as I do. I played for about 6 hours in LoIO with LFG flag up this week, and /ooc'ing every 10 minutes with no groups.
Everything a Ranger can do, someone else does just as well, plus other things better.

Tracking/Pulling: Bards do it, plus wear plate, so take hits better, plus Bards can CC, lull isn't limited to outdoors.
DPS: Monks, Rogues warriors do it better.
Runner Prevention: Druids, Bards, Necros SK's all snare. That doesn't include the classes that can root to prevent runners.

YendorLootmonkey
05-09-2011, 03:15 PM
/waves hand slowly while your eyes glaze over...

Rangers are the most desirable of all! Group them at any cost!

Friday
05-09-2011, 03:19 PM
Wizards definitely top the list for most desired

Hottbiscuits Dreadmuffin
05-09-2011, 03:30 PM
If you want to be begged for resurrections
If you want to spend copious amounts of platinum on Peridots
If you want to be yelled at for casting Divine Barrier at 2% health and flushing aggro onto the Monk
If you never want to worry about finding a group or someone who wants you

Be a Cleric.

Dantes
05-09-2011, 03:33 PM
Too much of: posts like these.

Not enough: folks who read the other 1,000 posts about this subject before hitting the submit button.

WizardEQ
05-11-2011, 10:51 AM
You forgot wizards, yeah, us!

It doesn't matter WHAT class really, as long as you have a GREAT puller.

1 monk, 4 rangers, 1 wizzie. :D

eqravenprince
05-11-2011, 02:55 PM
Once you have a healer and tank, you can never have enough Rogues. Other than maybe a Bard or Enchanter for the 3rd spot in a group, Rogue is the best class for spots 3-6 in a standard grinding experience group.

Wizard
05-11-2011, 05:24 PM
If you are choosing a class just because you think you could find a group easier is generally not the best idea. If you play something you really dont like all that much then you are going to burnout very quickly and end up not wanting to play the character after you put all that work into it. I think the best thing to do is just pick something that you really enjoy playing. Everquest is about having fun and playing what you enjoy..try not to worry so much about getting a group because we have a huge player population that frequently groups with each other : )

xshayla701
05-12-2011, 02:15 AM
You forgot wizards, yeah, us!

It doesn't matter WHAT class really, as long as you have a GREAT puller.

1 monk, 4 rangers, 1 wizzie. :D

hay gurl, PM me i will giev loots ^_^

Haul
05-12-2011, 03:03 AM
If you want to be begged for resurrections
If you want to spend copious amounts of platinum on Peridots
If you want to be yelled at for casting Divine Barrier at 2% health and flushing aggro onto the Monk
If you never want to worry about finding a group or someone who wants you

Be a Cleric.

Lol I like this, but your avatar scares me. Looks like your were battered.

Haul
05-12-2011, 03:06 AM
Rogue or wizard is good. My retired rogue twink outdps'd entire groups.

gnomishfirework
05-12-2011, 06:13 AM
Rogue or wizard is good. My retired rogue twink outdps'd entire groups.

Wizard is slack sustained dps in a group, but raid guilds will love you.

All groups love rogues. Super dps and exp bonus (almost 1% if a full group!)