PDA

View Full Version : I'm one of those people coming from the downed SOE servers...

Apsidey
05-09-2011, 01:55 PM
First off, I'd just like to say that I can't IMAGINE (I literally can't, I have no programming experience) the amount of work that has to have gone into something like this. Incredible work on bringing EQ as it was in the early years back to life.

So yeah, I'm new here! I played EQ from launched through The Buried Sea expansion, starting on Solusek Ro (where I was a member of the famed "Bashin Ordur!! troll and ogre guild) before moving on later to Firiona Vie (where I did my tenures in League of Shadows, League of Honour, Resolution, and later Stoic Tenacity) and am now an EQ2 / Rift player, having dabbled of course in many other titles over the years. When I stumbled across the EQemu site and saw Project 1999, I read over the requirements and scrambled to get out my titanium discs.

So now here I am, with a handful of level 1-5 characters, enjoying the crap out of the game again. I am obviously something of a roleplayer, so don't be upset of my trollies bonk you on the head as he passes by, or call you 'stoopid'. Its a term of endearment, seriously. :)

and if you want to talk me ear off or anything like that, my names are as follows:

Grabbil - Troll SK
Raknak - Troll Shaman
Abileth - Dark Elf Enchanter
Sunaya - Wood Elf Bard

Former chars in EQ live (I'll try to add them to the wiki list when I get a chance):

Solusek Ro:
Grabbil Lombrik - Troll SK
Krakatula Fearclaw - Iksar Shaman

Firiona Vie:
Trevlin Rottguard - Human SK
Zippus Maximor - Gnome Wizard
Ashrie Maximor - Gnome Paladin
Jentri Kikuchiyo - Drakkin Monk
Apsidey Kinslin - Human SK

Thanks everyone for being so welcoming in game!

RiffDaemon
05-09-2011, 02:12 PM
So now here I am, with a handful of level 1-5 characters, enjoying the crap out of the game again. I am obviously something of a roleplayer, so don't be upset of my trollies bonk you on the head as he passes by, or call you 'stoopid'. Its a term of endearment, seriously. :)

Firiona Vie:

I get my Troll on in-game, too. My intelligence is around 54 or something .. so, it's to be expected! :D

I see you're from FV. I miss my mage, Dyvath, on that server :cry:

(Edit: Oooh! You were in Reso. You have my respect)

Dr4z3r
05-09-2011, 04:55 PM
You need to bring your Wood Elf to Crushbone. You will bawl like a tiny child with nostalgia as the sounds of constant trains wash over you.

Striiker
05-09-2011, 05:30 PM
Welcome! You're going to so completely love the game here on P1999! It's a challenge and it's just like the great old days! The biggest difference I think is that people for the most part are much friendlier here! Yes, there are jerks out there but the vast majority are all here for the same reasons, to have fun playing EQ they way it was in the classic era.

I too am completely in awe with what has been done to bring the servers to life. If I understand correctly, the engine is written in PERL and runs off mySQL. So very cool and impressive.

I've been donating monthly for the two accounts in my household as if I were paying a monthly subscription. It's well worth it.

I look forward to seeing you in game some day.

Arclyte
05-09-2011, 11:56 PM
what the hell is a drakkin

Orov
05-10-2011, 12:33 AM

i lol'd at your sig

Christoph Waltz ftw

Kika Maslyaka
05-10-2011, 12:39 AM

a new playable race of human-dragon hybrids added in Serpent;' Spine expansion

http://eqplayers.station.sony.com/images/challenges/mrmissnorrath/finalist_ms_kingdrakhen.jpg

http://img159.imageshack.us/img159/8177/drakkin101010of8.png

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/gallery/tss/2006-0831-tss8.jpg

Fists
05-10-2011, 12:54 AM
Welcome to the server, hit me up on Mythoxxus or Bowjob sometime, i got some extra cheap stuff layin around i need to empty out.

notahipster
05-10-2011, 01:00 AM
Sucks to have your server come down.
especially if you were working on something, and especially on a pay server.

but for all of you new players just thought id give you a link my guild made for new players to server.

http://blackburrow.guildlaunch.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6837753&gid=211467

Kino
05-10-2011, 11:26 PM

- Faelor / Kino

PS: Oh, my first post on these forums. Exciting.

Knuckle
05-10-2011, 11:55 PM
First off, I'd just like to say that I can't IMAGINE (I literally can't, I have no programming experience) the amount of work that has to have gone into something like this. Incredible work on bringing EQ as it was in the early years back to life.

So yeah, I'm new here! I played EQ from launched through The Buried Sea expansion, starting on Solusek Ro (where I was a member of the famed "Bashin Ordur!! troll and ogre guild) before moving on later to Firiona Vie (where I did my tenures in League of Shadows, League of Honour, Resolution, and later Stoic Tenacity) and am now an EQ2 / Rift player, having dabbled of course in many other titles over the years. When I stumbled across the EQemu site and saw Project 1999, I read over the requirements and scrambled to get out my titanium discs.

and if you want to talk me ear off or anything like that, my names are as follows:

Grabbil - Troll SK
Raknak - Troll Shaman
Abileth - Dark Elf Enchanter
Sunaya - Wood Elf Bard

Former chars in EQ live (I'll try to add them to the wiki list when I get a chance):

Solusek Ro:
Grabbil Lombrik - Troll SK
Krakatula Fearclaw - Iksar Shaman

Firiona Vie:

Thanks everyone for being so welcoming in game!

I'd like to recruit you for our red99 guild, you will fit right in.

edit: just saw you had a wood elf toon mixed in with the darkies, we'll need to discuss that in the interview.

Apsidey
05-11-2011, 12:11 AM
Heya Kino! Shouldn't you be playing Rift as one of those emo haircut having defiants with the rest of HA? :p

As for the PvP server thing... been on PvP servers three times, and swore I never would again. Thanks though, just not my cup of tea, hehe. To each their own. :)

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

Nummuk
05-14-2011, 04:30 PM
I have also just joined the server and have been having fun on my little ogre.

I've been playing MMOs with Apsidey since Christmas 24th 1999 and you can quote about everything from their post for me other than being an Bashin Ordur!! / Resolution member and the fact that I am a programmer.

Former chars in EQ live:

Solusek Ro:
Chasik Fearclaw - Iksar Warrior

Firiona Vie:
Rubis, the Dread Gnome Pirate - Gnome Necromancer
Chasik Fearclaw - Iksar Shaman
Flamerge Flindinklapp - Erudite Magician
Seradoc Sorrowsong - Human Bard

If anyone is looking for a young ogre shaman to group with, look me up. Thanks for bringing back the good old days! ;)