PDA

View Full Version : Newbie from the prog servers

San
05-10-2011, 05:50 AM
Hello everyone, just had my first day on this server. Just wanted to post here for any of you progression server players out there. I played eq from 99-02 and got excited when they announced the prog servers. They are or should I say were fun until the downtime that is now there. I had heard of this server a couple months ago and it seemed a bit difficult for me considering my lack of computer skills so on I went with the prog server. Well, let me tell you. The downtime there is the best thing to happen because it forced me to give it a try and this is much much better. More classic feel to it. And even a knucklehead like me was able to figure it out. Can't wait for the prog servers to come back up. Not to play on em, but to cancel my sub. Take it ez everyone.

Aprio
05-10-2011, 05:52 AM
Welcome to paradise :D

Tecknologic
05-10-2011, 05:53 AM
Hey! You seem to know more about the game than I do. I don't know what your playtimes are, but if they are like mine, maybe we could set up a little duo!

Nedala
05-10-2011, 06:44 AM
I love reading stuff like this, shows how fail soe is :)

Welcome to the server!

wildstarr
05-10-2011, 02:46 PM
I am also a progressive server refugee seeking some Everquest.

San your story is almost the same as mine except I have yet to try this server. My only concern with this server is the popluation. Will I struggle to find a group?

falkun
05-10-2011, 02:51 PM

San your story is almost the same as mine except I have yet to try this server. My only concern with this server is the popluation. Will I struggle to find a group?

1) There are many like you, as you have pointed out, seek out people with a /tell and you'd be suprised. Don't be afraid to initiate forming a group.
2) Server population at login is usually around 7-900 for me at around 8PM EDT. Kunark launch day saw over 1500 people on the server. If you are on during normal USA hours, chances are you can find a group if you want to.

Reynard_CT
05-10-2011, 02:53 PM
Population is pretty good, and there are usually groups going at most level brackets in a variety of zones. Keep in mind that Kunark was recently released so many folks have put their alts away to poopsock while playing their collection of mains, but even still there is a thriving populace.

Just log in, try it out. You best do it while the experience is set at +50% so that you can get past the vicious single-digit levels. Remember that we romanticize our memories, so take the trains, permacampers, and overpriced goods with a grain of 12 year old salt.

baalzy
05-10-2011, 02:56 PM
Theres been 900+ people the past couple days during my primary play time (6pst-midnight).

I'm guessing quite a few live refugees are showing up here. Keep in mind that the server is a bit top heavy and a good % of the population is 50+. However, there are still plenty of groups available to get you to the 50+ point.

San
05-10-2011, 03:14 PM
I played last night and had no trouble at all. Some kind soul gave me a FS Spear. Did the mail quest a couple times to afford some bags, a bow, and some arrows. Before you know it I was on orc hill with a partner and soon after there were 5 of in a group there. Was great fun, even for a dirty stinking rogue :). Would be there now, but gotta run to work. Can't wait to get off tho so I can get on tonight!

wildstarr
05-10-2011, 03:53 PM
Thanks for all the quick responses! I will be giving this a try.

monkey187
05-10-2011, 09:53 PM
Me and my brother are Flippy refugees starting up on this server, pretty good so far, posted and waiting for an IP exepmtion so we can both play at the same time but we've just switched off on accounts for now, nice to make an Iksar again :) I am really enjoying a more classic feel then even the progression servers can provide, I might just have to save my $15 bucks a month and stick around here but I also want to see what grouping is like at mid levels, I'm sure they'll be plenty of low level people around right now because of Live being down though so I'm gonna take advantage of this 50% extra xp.

Amelinda
05-10-2011, 10:01 PM
1) There are many like you, as you have pointed out, seek out people with a /tell and you'd be suprised. Don't be afraid to initiate forming a group.
2) Server population at login is usually around 7-900 for me at around 8PM EDT. Kunark launch day saw over 1500 people on the server. If you are on during normal USA hours, chances are you can find a group if you want to.

Population has recently been over 1k per night!! was at 1018 at one point last night as Hobby pointed out to me!

Fuzzi
05-10-2011, 10:05 PM
Population has recently been over 1k per night!! was at 1018 at one point last night as Hobby pointed out to me!

Hey, I didn't know Tralina was a server guide!

Shannacore
05-11-2011, 09:21 AM

-_-

Amelinda
05-11-2011, 09:44 AM

That's funny, I didn't either.

I don't understand why everyone wants to know who my main is. FINE I will tell you all.

I am Mirabel.