PDA

View Full Version : EQ2 refugees

Jave
05-10-2011, 10:36 AM
I was following this project a couple years ago but lost track after the first forums went down. Wife and I started back on EQ2 after a couple years off and both have max level/AA/crafting characters now and were running TOFS, Pools etc...when the servers went down. Well a week and a half later were still waiting. My wife was fiending so hard she started playing Hello Kitty online and I knew I had to make a move before she started doing crazy crap like, going outside or reading or something horrible!!! So I had this bookmarked and did the mad scramble for my Titanium CD's.

So I'm here, just saying HI. We created our characters last night, she's Stellannis, barbarian tank, and I created a cleric, Warkral, but may not stick with it. I was a wizzy in original EQ, Razzlam bertox server and really loved it. Just worried about finding healers consistently. That was always an issue back in the day. Never played a chanty before, may give that a try...who knows!

Now if I can just get the devs to approve my IP exemption.... Had to sit watching TV last night while she was out killing wolves an skellys. Was brutal!!

Jify
05-10-2011, 10:48 AM
Hehe. Welcome to the Club Jave. I'm in the same boat. I usually sit on the balcony reading a book while my girlfriend plays P1999. That exemption can't come soon enough! :)

Harmonicdeth
05-10-2011, 10:58 AM
I am a EQ2 SoE refuge as well, I play on AB... probably not going to return to the game honestly.... I have officially lost all faith in Sony...sucks too Was about to finish out my full set of T1 DoV raid gear.

I am currently running a 20 warrior named Drukath. Enjoy your time here. Have fun, remember the grind is part of the experience.

baalzy
05-10-2011, 01:43 PM
Welcome to the server.

Shaman/Druid/Necro will all pair well with a warrior. Shaman would probably be the best duo (and gets you 2/3rds of the holy trinity).

Enchanter + Warrior will always be a great start to a group and you can make some xp as a duo, but not incredibly efficient since you can't completely avoid damage to the tank the way a necro would, or heal the damage after the fight the way a Shaman/Druid can.

A wizard would get you a lot of raid attention at end game but be a difficult way to get there (having a warrior with you at all times would help you group situation at least). You should be able to duo somewhat since as a wizard you can shorten a fight by a large amount. It won't be fast, but you'll be able to make progress while waiting on groups.

Stellannis
05-10-2011, 05:10 PM
Hi all! I never had a chance to experience classic EQ (back in the day).
My intro into mmorpgs was Vanguard, via Jave (i didn't even know what an mmo was).
Once we realized Vanguard was a sinking ship (broke my heart), he took me to EQ and we played for a bit and then EQ2 (AB server).
This is definitely different, but sooo much better than HKO (I just wanted enough shards for the @#$% hello kitty hat).
So yea, he's logged in now, lvling his Enchanter and I'm pretending like: "it's cool. i can read and stuff".
:eek:

Smoo
05-10-2011, 05:14 PM
Hey all , Welcome to the server!

Goraxx
05-10-2011, 06:03 PM
Sup guys and welcome.

Jave
05-10-2011, 06:45 PM
Haha yea, I have ALWAYS wanted to play a chanty but never had the willpower to start from scratch(spend YEARS leveling my wizzy). So this time around I said "screw it" and started one. Having a blast so far, just wish the spells weren't so darn expensive!!!

rswain77
05-10-2011, 08:02 PM
slight eq2 refuge myself.. i cancelled my account a few months ago though.. played on lucan until the server merger to crushbone. Welcome to the oldschool fun!

Rumblepants -27 warrior