PDA

View Full Version : How many bonechips do I need -Ikky faction

Tobius
05-12-2011, 01:19 PM
So I have tried asking this question in pre-existing similar threads but people just keep missing the point or answering the OP's question rather then mine (after it's already answered) so straight up:

How many stacks of chips do I need to give mozo to become dubious to every Iksar?

I am a Dwarf Brell worshipping Warrior.

(so race penalty? Religion penalty? But no class +/- right?)

Anyone know.

I'm not getting a lot of offers for buyers for chips at 7pp, if it turns out I am being overconservative with the estimate for how many chips I need, it means I can offer more for the chips I do need. So everyones better off.

(Yes I know about the necros being diff, and I am already indiff with legion)

xshayla701
05-12-2011, 01:21 PM
like seriously a million

Swish
05-12-2011, 01:35 PM
I think I've seen 3000-4000 hovering around, which is 30k-40kpp if you're buying in 10pp/stack chips from EC.

3000 = 150 stacks
4000 = 200 stacks

Doesn't bear thinking about, if you've done anything such as the sarnak fort while levelling that should mitigate the amount of stacks hopefully :p

baalzy
05-12-2011, 01:36 PM
http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=23582

7100 (chips, not stacks) to get a SK to the point where they can do Greenmist.

So probably about half that to get to the point where you're not KoS.

I'd buy at least 100stacks, turn them in, then see how you stand.

Going rate is about 10p/stack for chips.

baalzy
05-12-2011, 01:38 PM
I think I've seen 3000-4000 hovering around, which is 30k-40kpp if you're buying in 10pp/stack chips from EC.

3000 = 150 stacks
4000 = 200 stacks

Doesn't bear thinking about, if you've done anything such as the sarnak fort while levelling that should mitigate the amount of stacks hopefully :p

Uhh... 150x10 = 1500
200x10=2000

It's 5g per chip, not 10p per chip :P. (altho if you wanna pay me 200p per stack I've got some chips to sell you)

Swish
05-12-2011, 01:42 PM
I fail with a calculamator :'(

Pyrocat
05-12-2011, 01:47 PM
It took 2400 bone chips to get from scowling to dubious with troopers on beta, and I did very little to faction work outside of bone chips (killing the random sarnark / explorer). However, I was an Inny worshipping Troll. I would say about 3,000 for you and bring enough cash to bribe a chanter to keep mozo permacharmed for a while.

After that point, you're dubious to troopers but no one else. You'll need about 7,000 total to be dubious to every iksar (excluding necros). Crusaders are the last to become non-KoS, and Necros never will from the bone chip quest, so just steer clear of the necro guild in West Cab.

Tobius
05-12-2011, 02:13 PM
Yeah but these SK threads dont really equate, I mean they will presumably have the same god, or at least not be a "good god" (or is the problem just any god other then theirs?) And perhaps a "neutral race?"

Plus getting out of ready to attack is exponentially faster then going from good-better plus faction, so to say "half what it is for the gnome" might not be accurate.

I kinda need an accurate figure so I can offer as much as poss for the bonechips to ensure people actually sell me any.

If I offer 10pp per stack now and it turns out I don't have enough for that then I am screwed, I can't make plat easily...

Basically has anyone of simmilar race/god penalties measured how many they needed?

This guy called Papadacus did, but I have never seen him online since...

I have given in 84 stacks.
Estimate I could need up to 382 stacks.
Which would mean 298 more stacks left.

I have 2336 PP to my name
298/10 = 2980pp Not doable.
298/7 = 2086pp Doable.

If I needed less chips I could offer more per stack.

I'm rambling but I think you see my predicament.

Xenephex
05-12-2011, 02:33 PM
No matter how you calculate it, the fact is there are multiple people in FoB everyday buying chips at 10 pp per stack. Nobody who's been there for more than a couple levels is going to sell for less than that.

baalzy
05-12-2011, 02:39 PM
not being a developer on the project I don't know precisely how the faction tables work or how iksar give penalties/bonus'.

But if you can count the lore as being worth anything, the Iksar would hate any race equally and not give a rats ass about any god other then CT. The only non-iksar I can possibly see having a faction advantage would be someone else who worships CT. Everyone else is likely equally hated.

So, from having read the other threads it looks like it takes 7100 chips to become Dubious with the Crusaders (they're the last faction to go into dubious from the chips quest). So if you want to be non-kos in Cabilis (minus necro guild, they'll always kill you) then it'll be 7100 bone chips unless you do other quests.

Try these (I make no guarantees about your safety in getting to these mobs or about what they'll do to you when they see you).

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=78
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=79
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=80
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=656
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=261
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=313

I also have no clue how much faction they give. Chances are, if you can't afford to flat out by the chips you'll be best off just rolling through kurns farming your own.

Tobius
05-12-2011, 02:44 PM
I thought not, but I have been sold some.

Besides, yeah the point is if someone was to give me an accurate figure I could offer closer to 10pp.

Thanks for the estimations so far guys.

I figure im hanging around till I get enough Bandits anyway, then I might have to look at making some more money then coming back.

Dantes
05-12-2011, 02:44 PM
If you can't make plat easily, why are you wasting plat on faction in Cabilis?

Dumesh Uhl'Belk
05-12-2011, 02:55 PM
Took somewhere between 2800 and 3100 chips for my Cazic Thule worshipping SK to get dubious with crusaders. For being a brell worshipped, the others in this thread are probably correct with the 7100 figure.

I bought probably half those bone chips paying anywhere from 10 to 18 p per stack, most at 12. I did steady business with those prices. The other half I farmed or were donated by friends.

Tobius
05-12-2011, 02:57 PM
A) I don't consider it a waste.
B) I already bought or camped mosta the stuff I want at this levle (Jboots/peg cloak/clicky earring) and some weight reducing bags and acceptable gear.
C) I want to use Cab as a base for hunting and levelling in kunark, and once I start levelling I will start getting money anyway, so the waste issue is kinda mooted.

guineapig
05-12-2011, 03:00 PM
Basically every 2 fine steel weapons you loot will net you a stack of bonechips. It's not that bad when you think about it in these terms.

Or just level an alt in FoB and kill 2 birds with one stone.

Tobius
05-12-2011, 03:01 PM
Took somewhere between 2800 and 3100 chips for my Cazic Thule worshipping SK to get dubious with crusaders. For being a brell worshipped, the others in this thread are probably correct with the 7100 figure.

I bought probably half those bone chips paying anywhere from 10 to 18 p per stack, most at 12. I did steady business with those prices. The other half I farmed or were donated by friends.

So can anyone with simmilar deity/race problems confirm the 7100 figure?
I could start offering 9pp a stack if that was true, then I would have more success finding sellers.

Kharzette
05-12-2011, 03:53 PM
I did it on a human sk of Innoruuk, but I don't really have a good count as I bought some, farmed some, and then did local quests when I got high enough. I was level 9 when I started so I had to go beat up tons of goblins first.

At one point I did some math, but it turned out to be way off, so I think the apprehensive range is really big on p99. Though I guess that doesn't matter if you only want dubious.