PDA

View Full Version : IP Exemption. Does it really exist?

Eldaran
05-12-2011, 02:59 PM
Has anyone successfully gotten an IP Exemption? My brother and I both posted a while ago in the petition forums but haven't had any response. We have been having to play separately and it sucks. I'd like to be able to group with him and I'm curious if this will ever happen.

Mady
05-12-2011, 03:02 PM
Yes they do. They do them in batches, so it could take a little while, but eventually you will recieve it if you posted all the correct info in the petition forum.

Eldaran
05-12-2011, 03:03 PM
Ok so it's not case by case.... that makes sense. i guess we will have to be more patient... thanks for the response.

Extunarian
05-12-2011, 03:05 PM
Judging by your class choices, I am thinking patience is something you should have plenty of!

Eldaran
05-12-2011, 03:09 PM
Judging by your class choices, I am thinking patience is something you should have plenty of!

Yeah I'm pretty patient when I get to actually do something, but it's pretty boring playing a game when you know you could have a fun duo with your brother instead.

hedbonker
05-12-2011, 03:13 PM
The devs are volunteers. They have day jobs. They get busy with more critical issues than IP exemptions. I think mine took 2 or 3 weeks. They WILL get to it.

:)

Slave
05-12-2011, 03:22 PM
It takes between just after you give up and goddamn forever.

Rilen
05-12-2011, 03:30 PM
It really helps if you make sure that you've supplied the proper/requested information in a readable format. It's never taken me or my RL friends longer than a week to receive an exemption on an account.

Trannce715
05-12-2011, 03:47 PM
It took about 3 weeks to get mine for my lady, i thought i was never going to get it, but there it was. It will come :cool:

Eldaran
05-12-2011, 03:49 PM
Awesome. Thank you for the replies.

Messianic
05-12-2011, 04:01 PM
It really helps if you make sure that you've supplied the proper/requested information in a readable format. It's never taken me or my RL friends longer than a week to receive an exemption on an account.

I've seen them ignore IP exemption requests because directions weren't even close to followed by the poster.

I agree with some of the above posters - I'd go over your post thoroughly and make sure you did it correctly.

baalzy
05-12-2011, 04:11 PM
Keep in mind we have a lot of EQ refugees coming over from the live servers, so there are probably a lot more requests in the system than usual.

As Rilen suggested, it's also a good idea to be sure you supplied the information in a readable format and used the correct forum tag.

Eldaran
05-12-2011, 04:30 PM
I had our account names listed in the post in a very readable format letting them know that my brother and I would like to play together and I used the correct forum tag. I'm just gonna have to wait a bit longer I guess. No worries.

Justown
05-12-2011, 06:08 PM
been waiting bout a week, hope they get to mine for the same reason, bro wanting to play bad hah and im on too much for him to get any time in.