PDA

View Full Version : To Titanium or Not

hey_doc
05-12-2011, 07:11 PM
I am really interested in becoming an active member or the project 1999 community and relive so of the great game play. I am torn on spending what I think is quite a high price for the Titanium edition to the tune of $85.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B000CPSHFS/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&m=AB8KT5RIBXMIF&condition=used

Or trying to play with the ill supported but more family budget friendly price of Secrets of Faydwer's $18.

I guess my problem is how buggy is SoF? Does it detract from alot of the game play or just the occasional bug?

Thanks for any/all advice

maestrom
05-12-2011, 07:14 PM
i was in the same boat. i was TORn because i couldn't RENT a copy and its so expensive.

nicemace
05-12-2011, 07:24 PM
tell google that you want to 'get everquest titanium' and take a look at the first result.

corradojeff
05-12-2011, 07:26 PM
I love this game!

If I were in your situation, and I was, I would reach out to a network of my peers to see if they had a copy I could borrow.

Flavor
05-12-2011, 07:32 PM
<b>P</b>eople always th<b>I</b>nk that they a<b>r</b>e going to h<b>a</b>ve <b>t</b>o buy th<b>e</b> game <b>B</b>ut m<b>a</b>ybe the<b>y</b> can ask a friend for there old copy...

reposted from a yesterday's thread.

Swish
05-12-2011, 07:50 PM
My favourite zone on live was the Gulf of Gunthak, where's my parrot? winkety wink ;)

mwatt
05-12-2011, 07:58 PM
I first started playing P99 on SoF client. It was playable with some bugs. One or two were severe - for instance it was impossible to zone into HH.

At some point, a patch went in that broke self buffs in the SoF client. I broke down and bought Titanium at that point (I didn't/don't trust Torrent sites and I believe in paying for what I use). At that time, it was made clear that fixing the new SoF issue(s) and pre-existing issues was not a priority.

Since then however, another patch has gone in that according to the patch notes, fixes some of the problems. I don't know what state that really leaves SoF in. I haven't gone back and tried since I have Titanium now.

I do believe it would be a good idea for the devs to work on SoF compatibility, as obtaining Titanium these days is either difficult or dicey. Also, the graphics are better. However, I acknowledge that there is MUCH to do and furthermore, the folks that do the work get to set the priorities.

Bottom line is, you can try it but it might not be viable and you will certainly have some issues. Please note also, that you will have to follow different instructions to get the game into a playable state. These are available by searching the forums but it is definitely requires some effort and is error prone. If you really are eager to play Project 1999 (and you WON'T be disappointed, I assure you), my advice is to obtain the Titanium client.

Tiggles
05-12-2011, 08:12 PM
Just steal it off the internet.

Wink Wink