PDA

View Full Version : Contest for my stuff:

Harrison
05-12-2011, 11:01 PM
Write here why you think you deserve my stuff. I will consider giving away my droppables to a winner, if any. Not my accounts or money, giving me the chance to come back if I decide to...though doubtful.

I've been contemplating on how to give my stuff away to a worthy non-shitbag and this is what I came up with. Too much risk giving away my stuff to a lowbie and it turns out to be some douchebag like Xosire or something.

Mcbard
05-12-2011, 11:04 PM
I deserve your stuff because I play a bard. I don't want all of your stuff, only your droppables that might be an upgrade to my character and your money. I deserve this because I'm not being a shitbag, but merely asking for the stuff that I could directly use or benefit from. I'm also pretty irl.

Nytch
05-12-2011, 11:09 PM
I have just recently started on the server and have been trying to play the market to try to get some decent gear so I can find groups (I'm a Paladin) I don't know if this makes me deserve any of your stuff but a piece or two sure would help out a lot. Either way good luck in whatever you decide to do!

Pimask
05-12-2011, 11:11 PM
I don't deserve any of it,
but i sure would appreciate it!!

jilena
05-12-2011, 11:12 PM
Obviously as I am a long standing member of the Pro-Finawin Group I deserve it more than these people with their fickle affections.

Tecknologic
05-12-2011, 11:13 PM
http://i.imgur.com/Bq89L.jpg

hey_doc
05-12-2011, 11:20 PM
I am trying to get involved in this community, the only stuff I would want is to borrow the discs you used to load Everquest Titanium. :D

Kobias
05-12-2011, 11:24 PM
I'm a 40 Bard at the moment. I'm not usually one to ask for handouts, but wouldn't turn down anything offered to help either.

I don't really have any special gear, which is fine, since I kite a lot--don't have to tank a lot :). I have trouble soloing dungeons, which is why I'm working on a necromancer alt.

I've had a few people on this server give me a few pieces here and there, which has been a great help. I've consistently given out bronze (yes, laugh it up high levels :-p) to newbies all over, which I find rewarding even though I probably could have sold it for cash to upgrade my toon.

I'm not sure if what I gave out will inevitably inspire those people I've given stuff to, to later donate--but I hope so. I suppose the only promise I'd make is that at some point should I decide to quit, I'd do the same thing with my items; find them a good home =)

My bard is Keigo.

YendorLootmonkey
05-12-2011, 11:25 PM
I deserve your stuff by default, because none of these other douchebags* do. :) Also, because life is hard... and it's even harder when you're a ranger.

* I mean "douchebags" in the non-derogatory, completely polite manner, of course.

Bigfatty
05-12-2011, 11:34 PM
i'll throw my name in the hat because harrison seems like a nice fellow! cant tell ya how many friends ive known ( a few ) to quit for good, give nothing away, after spending hours helping them camp things etc. its nice to see someone actually willing to give things away.

Numbers_
05-12-2011, 11:39 PM
I'm not worthy

You're not going to turn me into one of those dudes who used to beg me when I went to bank back in the day. I hated those guys.

enatomi
05-13-2011, 12:02 AM
I have a huge wang. No seriously, it's a beautiful specimen. Picture a sculpture by Michelangelo, but more graceful, and in the shape of a penis.
And I'm just an all around amazing person. I can give you advice on how to be awesome. And I'll send you picz naked. You will have fapping material for life.

Fo realz tho, I would certainly be a happier person if I received anything. Hard to say who "deserves" it since many I'm sure could benefit greatly, but I'm about as gimp as it gets, and it makes me sad. :( I would be eternally grateful and would probably write you daily emails on how you improved my life.

Cheers,
Chyop Suey

Splooie
05-13-2011, 12:03 AM
lol@these threads

Baa
05-13-2011, 12:11 AM
Just keep it all!

I still log on my 60 war on live every now and then to think about the old days and stroke my frostbringer lovingly. Plus you most certainly cannot pick up chicks with a half naked char.

Nedala
05-13-2011, 12:18 AM
I would gladly take all your pally stuff and give it to an old friend from live who just started a dwarf pally (named borimir). You played a pally didnt you?

Loke
05-13-2011, 12:25 AM
I honestly don't deserve your stuff - I really don't need it and already have enough stuff of my own. However, in the event you are unable to locate a worthy individual for your stuff, I would be more than willing to take it off your hands.

As I don't really have any need for it beyond selling it and making the number I see when I visit the bank slightly larger, in the event you decided to leave your things in my possession, I would distribute them to individuals I encountered in regular game play that I felt were deserving. How I would accomplish this is by judging individuals I encounter when I play my anonymous alts.

I already do this a lot since unless an item is going to net me over 1k, I rarely waste the time trying to sell it - so instead when a random L30 druid stops and gives me a thorns or sow, instead of tipping 5pp, I toss them a charred guardian shield - or the monk/druid duo who kindly invited a random stranger that happened to be my under geared paladin who was 3 levels lower than them join their group despite the fact it worsened their exp and I wasn't really bringing much to the table... actions like that are what I like to reward. Sure a paw of opolla could net a bit of cash; or it could be given to druid who kindly took time out of kiting to help me track a wandering mob down.

So yea - hopefully you find someone to give the items to; but if you don't, I'm sure I could help you find a good home for them while I'm anonymously running around P99 acting like the newbie we all know I really am.

ElanoraBryght
05-13-2011, 12:26 AM
I never called you a douche.
Even when you were.

Delik
05-13-2011, 12:26 AM
I do not know, nor do I care to. In regards to your stuff, I would use whats equippable on my warrior, give whats useable to my friends and give whats left over to newbs I think could use it.

Otherwise, dont give a shit.

Bruno
05-13-2011, 12:28 AM
lol@these threads

^

This should be entertaining. Kids are going to nuthug hardcore at the thought of getting free loot lol. I can't wait until he admits he's just trolling all of the kids who have pissed on him since day 1.

jpoarch
05-13-2011, 12:30 AM
I vote for loke to get items... mainly because i'm much more likely to get them through being awesome in game than trying to persuade you... but seriously. Loke's got a good plan

Wudan
05-13-2011, 12:37 AM
make a lie detector session and invite whole P99 population lol

this must be the dumbest thread I have EVER seen

Friday
05-13-2011, 12:38 AM
Ill hold onto it until you get back.

Been playing on P99 for a while and somehow I've avoided all the drama and kept an upstanding reputation.

Slathar
05-13-2011, 12:44 AM
because you're secretly in love with me and the irony of giving me all your lower guk loot would be hilarious.

did u get called up to be a combat medic? i thought u had to be 5 toilets high for that

Reynard_CT
05-13-2011, 01:01 AM
trollin with his babymama

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v396/ReynardCunningfox/SmokingWife.jpg

Tiggles
05-13-2011, 01:49 AM
Give me your stuff and i will give you Tralina's cell number so you can call her in the middle of the night. (serious)

Pico
05-13-2011, 02:26 AM
i don't want your stuff and it'd be pretty cool if you didn't come back

nalkin
05-13-2011, 03:02 AM
Hi,
I am the best candidate because we were friends in IRC, we both have been around since the start of the server, and we have similar viewpoints on alot of things.

Pudge
05-13-2011, 03:06 AM
harrison getting ready to transform into a butterfly. on red99

Humwawa
05-13-2011, 03:19 AM
I'm a necromancer. Being such, I rarely group.

I have never seen your toon. In fact, I have no idea what your toon's name is, and I have no idea what you play - to me, EverQuest is, for the most part, a single player game which has a Team Play option. In short, I am an EverQuest Black Hole.

The tone of your post is unclear, as to whether you're looking to do something good for the community or simply looking to scuttle a wish to return by stripping your character. This is irrelevant to me.

But. If the latter is relevant to you, then rest assured that any items you throw my way will be subsumed into my greedy necro black hole, devoured to the bone. Never to return. Your Gear Kevorkian.

I can also sac you, too. I'd prefer that, actually, but it doesn't matter. Plenty of souls out there.

Love,

Harrison
05-13-2011, 03:34 AM
I haven't logged in since Kunark's release night. I have very little desire to play.

I just don't want to give my shit to a terrible excuse for a human being who runs around treating the server and its populace like shit. The gear has been rotting on my accounts for so long now, no reason to not give it away.

There is nothing worse than a douchebag twinking their alts and being a douchebag on them, detracting from people's fun through anonymity.

Francois
05-13-2011, 03:44 AM
I didn't read any other post.

However, this is me IRL. I obviously <3 America so I win.

http://i53.tinypic.com/25r33tz.png

citizen1080
05-13-2011, 03:48 AM
I don't deserve your stuff...but just think how much it would piss off the entire server if you gave all your stuff to the one person who doesn't need it =)

Ennoia
05-13-2011, 03:53 AM
Give it to me so I can throw it onto a random account that I will never log onto again, just so other people can't get it. Gotta keep the little man on a short leash.

soup
05-13-2011, 04:02 AM
If I were you, would I give me your stuff? I really doubt it. I don't have much in the bank, but when you look at my gear you'd definitely think "This isn't someone who needs my loot."

Now, let's say you did give me your loot. What would I do with it? Well for starters, if you had BS ears, I'd equip them and be like "fuck yea!" and if it included some high ticket item I could sell to work towards a fungi tunic, I'd be all over it. Anything past that, I would likely wind up giving it away when I do a one of my Crushbone buff runs I try to do once or twice a week. Would probably beat the crappy CoM weapons I usually have to hand out, but who knows what your loot looks like.

Now, why me over Loke, who is likely much more recognizable than me? Quite simple really, because I can give the noobs high level shaman buffs while handing out the loot, whereas all he can do is FD and watch the train of a legion of orcs slaughter the noobs. The choice is clear. ;)

Wudan
05-13-2011, 04:08 AM
i don't want your stuff and it'd be pretty cool if you didn't come back

I loled :D:D

Wudan
05-13-2011, 04:18 AM
I haven't logged in since Kunark's release night. I have very little desire to play.

I just don't want to give my shit to a terrible excuse for a human being who runs around treating the server and its populace like shit. The gear has been rotting on my accounts for so long now, no reason to not give it away.

There is nothing worse than a douchebag twinking their alts and being a douchebag on them, detracting from people's fun through anonymity.

Dear Sir,

let me politely inform you; you are an idiot! It is beyond me how can anyone be so pathetic. How the hell are you going to recognize who is and who is not shit bag? Did it ever occur to you that shit bag could actually write a post that portreys him as a nice person? Give your stuff to a friend or naked noob hunting beetles in Freepot and cut the crap...I would not want your stuff even if I was naked. It might stigmatise me and make me as pathetic as you are. no thanks.

Twig
05-13-2011, 04:18 AM
I deserve your stuff because I am a poney IRL and it's really hard to play with hoofs :(

gnomishfirework
05-13-2011, 04:27 AM
Well, if given to me I can guarantee I won't turn around and sell it.

Other than that, I don't have any compelling reason other than I'm not a douche bag.

Lazortag
05-13-2011, 05:16 AM
I deserve your stuff because I'll just give it away to level 1's in EC, while everyone else will probably be greedy and liquidate it into plat for themselves.

Calabee
05-13-2011, 05:18 AM
Eh, Ill bite!

I deserve your stuff because i've known ya since my nameless days in 00-02 and never had beef with ya, on live or here on p99 ~

YendorLootmonkey
05-13-2011, 06:47 AM
I deserve your stuff because I am a poney IRL and it's really hard to play with hoofs :(

ROFL!!!!!!!! wtf??? hahaha

Masq
05-13-2011, 07:08 AM
khorium and healypants will take your stuff

gnomishfirework
05-13-2011, 07:38 AM

This person deserves it. Ponies face so many hardships in life.

Messianic
05-13-2011, 08:05 AM
I don't deserve your stuff at all. No one does. I just want it because I'm playing a game where the goal is to find new items and experience new levels and different aspects of the game.

Your stuff will help me do that :D

Edit: Oh, and also i've never contributed to Harrison hate threads (I don't really hate anyone on the forums, come to think of it, and don't think i've ever contributed to an "I hate X person" thread unless I was commenting on substance or laughing at the tags or something). I've found that if I didn't attack you, I never got attacked. Dunno if that's the case for everyone...

Polixenes
05-13-2011, 08:27 AM
I was mugged by a gang of ponies IRL and they took my stuff. So I deserve it more than ponies.

Lickum
05-13-2011, 08:39 AM
I'll hold onto your stuff, keep what you may want if you come back, only sell what you didnt care about, give back what you want if you returned. I am honest, not a douchebag, if you're interested we could work out whatever you wanted.

Shinedown
05-13-2011, 08:50 AM
Well mang i'll throw this out there. ive been around since the early GC days with you. You know im a no drama, no bullshit kinda guy. I'm still loving this game and am fully down to take over your stuff. My mad plan would be to create a Pally and kick the shit out of Carsomyr in duel after duel until he eventually unleashes tears and rage quits!

Shinedown

enatomi
05-13-2011, 08:54 AM
rest assured that any items you throw my way will be subsumed into my greedy necro black hole

lol this is golden

nosto
05-13-2011, 09:16 AM
I would put in my 2 cents as to why I deserve your stuff but I don't even know if what you have is what I would need/use.

Doors
05-13-2011, 09:17 AM
I'm new to the server and don't have much. Also I play a ranger so people hate me for groups.

Vonkaar
05-13-2011, 09:19 AM
I deserve your stuff because I too have a beard and then not a beard and then a beard and then not a beard and then a beard and put up with stalkers on forums and then not a beard.

Also - I've known you longer than anyone on this board besides maybe Calabee so that should win by default.

Blyte Glumm
05-13-2011, 09:32 AM
give me your stuffs cuz me likes shinies, an me needs bettur stuffs to kill da fings fro me lit'l trolls to eat. me gots trolls to feed!

Glumm

Fryhole
05-13-2011, 10:00 AM
Been helping people out on my druid (Kudzu) and I'd do the same with your stuff. I'm not gonna lie, I'd benefit from it too but definitely use some of it to find that struggling player and hook them up. Not gonna let gear rot without passing it onto someone else if I stop playing. *shrug*

clobbercat
05-13-2011, 10:20 AM
I vote for Kudzu. He hooked me up with buffs in EC. Good guy.

I wouldn't mind a little help myself, but for all you know I could be a lowbie douche.

Kaldaen - Level 12 DE Necro sporting a cracked staff, all cloth, and large backpacks

YendorLootmonkey
05-13-2011, 10:39 AM
Your stuff should go to Ninik.

/thread

Savok
05-13-2011, 11:19 AM
I would like to be considered. I would use what I can to better my toon and pass on anything else that could help other people.

I don't play a lot due to real life commitments (Savok was born Nov 18 2010 and is still only level 38!) but I like to think I am involved here on the community forums. I try to help out as much as possible when I am in game though.

Rhambuk
05-13-2011, 11:23 AM
I thought the thread title said CONTEST not give away.

EQ trivia contest classic-velious 1st 2nd and 3rd places, or more depending on how much you giveaway.

add level ranges so naked level 1 alts don't get anything just to sell

etc
etc

Autotune
05-13-2011, 11:29 AM
You should give it to me.

Stealin Camps

and you can just say I stole it and the GMs can change my name to

Stealin Lewtz

Also, you know me and I haven't logged on much since Kunark release, but I will be playing again within a week or so.

and finally, the gear would still be here if you ever decide to come back.

P.S. And a final finally, Everyone <3's Stealin Camps.

Temig
05-13-2011, 11:31 AM
Am I a worthy non-shitbag? I'd like to think so but I suppose I would be slightly biased in that assessment. I've been playing here for about a month and a half and I've greatly enjoyed the experience. Along the way I've come across many helpful people which have made my stay here all the more enjoyable. I know not what you have to offer, but if chosen I would repay my debts to the server. These debts are both literal (a friend who offered a loan so that I could upgrade my staff) and more figurative in the sense that I have received various forms of assistance from perfect strangers met along my journey thus far. Of course I would improve myself with a portion of what was received but I would see the rest find its way into other new player's hands that they may experience that generous spirit that the server offers in hopes of building the community even stronger.

Also, if you're anywhere near me in MA I'll buy you a beer (when in doubt... resort to bribery)

baalzy
05-13-2011, 01:08 PM
I deserve your stuff because I've never called you fat or homo (nor do I care if that's true) and because I don't actually know you but I don't plan on quitting p99. Also, I'm an alt-o-holic and would rather use your stuff then pawn it.

GETINMYVAN
05-13-2011, 01:13 PM
I have free candy.

Knuckle
05-13-2011, 01:17 PM
Write here why you think you deserve my stuff. I will consider giving away my droppables to a winner, if any. Not my accounts or money, giving me the chance to come back if I decide to...though doubtful.

I've been contemplating on how to give my stuff away to a worthy non-shitbag and this is what I came up with. Too much risk giving away my stuff to a lowbie and it turns out to be some douchebag like Xosire or something.

Easy answer is have a PVP tournament, NCAA style bracket. Winner takes all.

Nagash
05-13-2011, 01:20 PM
I deserve your stuff because, although I'm not a bard, I love helping newbie and have already passed a lot of freebies to a lot of low levels. This is what will happen to what you will give me: making sure it the hands of some people who will direly need it. The server is my witness and I'll make sure to make these donations in public so you can come back and verify for yourself this has happened.
Whichever happens, I wish you all the best IRL.

Nagash/Petitpas

falkun
05-13-2011, 01:20 PM
I have free candy.

Strangers always have the best, can I have some of yours?

Reodd
05-13-2011, 01:29 PM
I obviously deserve your stuff because I am a halfling. As everyone knows, halflings stink and no one likes them, so my only opportunity of e-friends is to have lots of loot to give away.

xshayla701
05-13-2011, 01:29 PM
Hi,
I am the best candidate because we were friends in IRC, we both have been around since the start of the server, and we have similar viewpoints on alot of things.

http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/2010/04/alot-is-better-than-you-at-everything.html

I deserve your stuff because I'll just give it away to level 1's in EC, while everyone else will probably be greedy and liquidate it into plat for themselves.

He already said he didn't want to do this. This is why Giegue doesn't deserve yer shit.

Eyeke
05-13-2011, 01:52 PM
I'm new to the server but I'd give your stuff a good longterm home.
I'd actually use all of it since my gear is pedestrian at best. Once I outgrow it I'll put it in the bank in hopes that you return.

I'd participate in whatever contest was available, part for the gear and part for the entertainment.

Zadrian
05-13-2011, 02:13 PM
I can take care of your stuff during your absence, I need to dress up an alt or something, but I rarely ever get rid of old gear (which is probably why my bags are full) so if you do decide to return your gear will be waiting.

I can also look after the account if it is really needed.

skorge
05-13-2011, 02:24 PM
I will use your stuff to get sex

Dantes
05-13-2011, 02:33 PM
Keep your stuff. It'll be waiting for you if/when you want to log back on. Nobody really needs it.

Motec
05-13-2011, 02:43 PM
I dont want your stuff, unless your stuff is your sisters underwear. Then I want your stuff.

Myrkskog
05-13-2011, 02:48 PM
Give me your stuff 'cause Stone Cold said so!

http://outskirtsbattledome.wikispaces.com/file/view/StoneCold_Steve_Austin.jpg/125165637/StoneCold_Steve_Austin.jpg

Knuckle
05-13-2011, 03:00 PM
Easy answer is have a PVP tournament, NCAA style bracket. Winner takes all.

Wotsirb401
05-13-2011, 03:07 PM
Give me your stuff 'cause Stone Cold said so!

http://outskirtsbattledome.wikispaces.com/file/view/StoneCold_Steve_Austin.jpg/125165637/StoneCold_Steve_Austin.jpg

This guy should easily win

Rifter
05-13-2011, 05:42 PM
I deserve your stuff because I have no idea who the fuck you are.

Fourthmeal
05-13-2011, 06:51 PM
Think outside the bun

Lill-Leif
05-13-2011, 07:01 PM
I'm a non-worthy shitbag but atleast I'm honest about it. That's why I can haz your stuff plx?

Hasbinbad
05-13-2011, 07:31 PM
I deserve your stuff because I'm a combat medic, and we combat medics should stick together.

Pico
05-13-2011, 07:59 PM
stickin together is what good combat medics do

Kwetcher
05-13-2011, 08:04 PM
I was gonna say something clever and entertaining but I was putting to much time into what to say and not enough time grinding spiderlings and decaying skeletons. So I will save you the trouble of having to read a long drawn out (but entertaining) reply. And you can help me by saving the time that it takes to grind and farm the equipment that you already possess. I am a true newbie on the server and wish I would have found it long ago. I love the classic and about peed myself when I had to do a real CR =). I will be on P1999 for a long time, this is what I have been missing. So by giving me your equipment you are investing in the future of the server cuz I will be here for a long time.

bhatz01
05-14-2011, 05:45 PM
I deserve your stuff because little Timmy fell in the well and I need your items to get him out.

Knuckle
05-14-2011, 05:59 PM
PVP FOR PIXELS

cuddlesthekilla
05-14-2011, 06:23 PM
well i thought i would ask, i Would love it to get anything you do not want i have a 33sk and a super low lvl 5 bard. It would be a real help to have anything but if you do not want to give them to me i am ok with that as well

Bruno
05-14-2011, 06:47 PM
Who got stuff vs who got trolled?

vinx
05-14-2011, 09:42 PM
can i has your stuff? im new to the server and i would flip it for other goodies!

p.s. im not a douchebag!@

Tumael
05-14-2011, 09:46 PM
I started on this server last july and gave all my lowbie caster loot to a friend when I didn't have time to play anymore. He got high on E and died and lost his corpse. True story. Wasn't very happy when I came back and heard the news.

semvo
05-14-2011, 10:17 PM
I rolled an Iksar SK to challenge myself with the 68% xp penalty. I recently spent my entire savings on a 2 handed weapon for 158pp. I'm mostly in banded armor, as I just came to this server a few days ago. Any item you're willing to spare would be much appreciated.

Tiggles
05-14-2011, 10:17 PM
I deserve your stuff because if you don't give it to me I will post real life pictures of you around the forum.

Arkyani
05-15-2011, 05:19 AM
I spend most of my days helping people, and I would find a great home for your gear. Plenty of people can vouch that I am always doing whatever I can in order to help others get the most out of their play time. Donating platinum, items, and spells is just a small part of my daily routine. Oasis is where the magic happens. Anybody who has leveled up in oasis in the last year has probably seen me at one point or another helping everybody in the zone. Also I do the same thing in Upper Guk quite often.

Klyre
05-15-2011, 08:52 AM

Sorry to see your a little burned out Harrison. Good luck in your travels and hope to see you come back.

Nummuk
05-15-2011, 11:16 AM
I spend most of my days helping people, and I would find a great home for your gear. Plenty of people can vouch that I am always doing whatever I can in order to help others get the most out of their play time. Donating platinum, items, and spells is just a small part of my daily routine. Oasis is where the magic happens. Anybody who has leveled up in oasis in the last year has probably seen me at one point or another helping everybody in the zone. Also I do the same thing in Upper Guk quite often.

Me and a buddy are new to the server in the last week and there are quite a few people that have stopped their day to help us out in one way or another.

Last night Arkyani definitely stopped what they were doing and hooked us up though. Seems like a good candidate to me.

Llabak
05-15-2011, 01:18 PM
I don't deserve it, since I didn't loot them or buy them with cash I looted, but I sure would like the stuff! At least if it's necro, warrior or rogue gear!

Cfred0-
05-15-2011, 04:37 PM
I like turtles

Ziefren
05-15-2011, 04:41 PM
Hello there,

My name is Ziefren and I deserve your stuff, because well, I don't. Nobody in life deserves much of anything for all that matter. What you work for, however, is what is deserved. Like many people in this world there are some who feel "entitled" to certain things and that really just pisses me off. Entitlement leads to laziness, and laziness leads to lack of progression. What does this mean in EQ? Well nothing really.

Thank you
Ziefren
Needles

Penoy Lives
05-15-2011, 04:43 PM
i gave away all my manastones and gear when i quit... now i want to come back and need a start.. hook a brotha up!

DoucLangur
05-15-2011, 04:45 PM
In before someone calls you an attention whore :D

Vvandenn
05-15-2011, 04:49 PM
I'm in a full body cast irl and can only play EQ with one hand. It's been quite a struggle but I know levelling is the most important thing to focus on in my life atm.

KilyenaMage
05-15-2011, 04:49 PM
I'd love even just a couple items.

I'm a 52 mage with only mid-quality droppables. Despite my lack of gear quality I still give alot of plat etc away to lowbies and mid-level toons.

I also frequently boot people from my groups if they're douchebags and was just thinking the other day that I should be compensated in some way for such heroics!!!!!

Hauling
05-15-2011, 04:52 PM
I've got straight teeth and I'm an excellent speller. Clouds part for me and my sperm can power a 10 watt light bulb for one hour. Also, everybody here has been saying you've got a questionable hair cut, but not me. I think it's all right.

DocDoom
05-15-2011, 05:04 PM
To be blatantly fair and honest there is a group of people who go out of their ways to give to others. One runs a Casino in EC Hagglebarron or something like that... He gives people money all the time with his little quiz games. I am sure he would be down for distributing the goods. Most times I am in Nro Feerott Innothul as a Ogre who feels the need to help fellow Evil Doers I make sure to help the noobs out. So I run through my inventory till I have emptied myself of anything I know I cant use.

It is only right to help the lower levels out when I know I was helped so much as a lowbie.

Erasong
05-15-2011, 05:56 PM
give me a reason to come back even if it is super casual

Otto
05-15-2011, 06:00 PM
give me a reason to come back even if it is super casual

That's what I did. been pretty fun so far

Iancain123
05-15-2011, 06:04 PM
I could use some stuff but i have no reason why i deserve a hand out from you. =)

Sorrow*qc
05-15-2011, 06:07 PM
I deserve your stuff because im the unrest Jesus, always buffing and splitting the camp for others :) . I work a lot to pay the bills , so i dont have a lot of time to farm stuff. And i can't play 2 much because gf doesnt like that and she is quick on the evil look haha. Im a good guy with the good ppl. And the final reason, im a canadian so i deserve all the love of the world.

Tarathiel
05-15-2011, 06:08 PM

arkyiani is the man i wouldnt be half the rogue i am today without his guidance and noob help, im still usin that brig tunic u hooked it up with man!!!

Jeron
05-15-2011, 06:22 PM
Not sure what getting your stuff means but ... worth a try considering I have next to no stuff.

Started playing eqemu again because of this server about a week ago. I have a total net worth of about 20pp. I am wearing all cloth and in the last week I have attained level 16. I have come to find out that this server is super fun and quite tough to make progress. I have run into a couple people who were super nice, one gave me some pp when I mentioned I was farming skeli bones to afford my 12th level spells. Another purchased two spells for me from a vendor that wouldn't speak with a dark elf and then gave me the two spells for free. I'm not in a guild yet but will likely join a casual one eventually.

So ... Giving me your stuff, even if your stuff is worth only a few pp, will help a newb out in a big way.

Thanks,

Arcadiassx999
05-15-2011, 06:25 PM
This is Pondlilly Dragonfly and like to join up for this contest......Um what so we have to do again?

NameTribute
05-15-2011, 06:30 PM

I've been contemplating on how to give my stuff away to a worthy non-shitbag and this is what I came up with. Too much risk giving away my stuff to a lowbie and it turns out to be some douchebag like Xosire or something.[/QUOTE]

I don't deserve any handouts, and I do my best to avoid them in all things; however, I also won't let pride get in the way of a clear opportunity. I am a proud father of a beautiful 3 year old girl, I have a lovely wife of 8 years, and we are about to have our second daughter sometime within the next 3 weeks.

I don't have much time to play EQ, but I have loved the game since 1999 and I play about 5-6 hours a week at the sacrifice of sleep. I do this because it is my one selfish indulgence in life. It is my choice.

Getting a couple things to help give me a leg up in game would be appreciated, if only to save me from killing decaying skeletons over and over again to sell for 10pp a stack.

Thank you for reading my dribble.

Fourthmeal
05-15-2011, 06:37 PM
think outside the bun

Tarathiel
05-15-2011, 06:39 PM
think outside the bun

heading to mcdonalds while the servers are down, i needed some lunch anyways. youve inspired me

Slathar
05-15-2011, 06:40 PM
his gear is worse than his personality and appearance

JDFriend99
05-15-2011, 07:16 PM
I just started playing here 6 or 7 weeks ago. I'm enjoying the server haven't met but one asshole so far, and i think he got banned shortly after being a prick to everyone in the zone.

I love the server, i think its better then my eq exp on live even from 99-2004. Overall everyone seems very helpful, but then again my main is 52, maybe they get worse later.. don't know yet.

I could prob find 10 or less items i can use myself. Because i have farmed for pp the old school way (guards, giants anything i can sell as loot) and bought all my items at horrible pc values.

I have no clue how many items are being suggested, but im sure i would sell a few of them to stack 10-20k in the bank. Then i would more then likely do what i did on live alot:

I was known to make a toon no one knew, follow them around at distance watching how they play or interact with others( briefly 5-10min timeline),then make a decision if they were kind/selfish/or asshat'ish. And if they genuinely appeared nice (examples: running over to help others that needed help, healing someone if they can... for unselfish reasons, like helping them because they need help), then I would hail them and tell them " I watched you recently do things for others, for no other reason except to help them" typically followed by a "...huh? hehe" Then i would open trade with them and give them and item or two, complete the trade and reply "Later... Don't forget its those little things that make playing here enjoyable and make others around you like to play with you" /smile then walk away.

I did this alot on live, was actually given an in game item by gm for being like Goodwill called "Totem of Goodwill" had a clickie alliance effect like the chanter rod.

I'm not tooting my own horn bout anything, i dont know you, so no reason to. But i would make a measurable effort at spreading it out with people i thought deserved items. I have very few friends here 5 or so, and they are all well geared and pp stacked, so their out. But im sure i could make a few players remain honest later in the game by acknowledging the good they do now, at their lower levels.

-Far too long typing this, sorry, got carried away reflecting on the old days.

Goodluck in your decision(s) and your journey to another server i'm assuming.

After all its fucking pixels we play, its the hearts and feelings behind the pixels we should NEVER play. Pixels have feelings too, lest we forget...

Fourthmeal
05-15-2011, 07:16 PM
think outside the bun

JDFriend99
05-15-2011, 07:44 PM
Me and a buddy are new to the server in the last week and there are quite a few people that have stopped their day to help us out in one way or another.

Last night Arkyani definitely stopped what they were doing and hooked us up though. Seems like a good candidate to me.

Arkyani is a great person. I had the pleasure of meeting him when i was kiting in oot on my necro, he would go out of his way to log his chanter in buff his group spam free C2 for while at SF ramp. And through tells with him and chat, i can see his character and nature is a good "im here to have fun and help where i can" kind of person.

One of the good ones im proud to include in friends list. And a great canidate if you haven't met him yet.

-This lil necro says hi bro =) "see if he guesses who i am, hehe"

baigorn
05-16-2011, 03:34 AM
Harrison has a character? I thought he just spent his time going around these forums smashing the keyboard and pretending people followed him around.

I just want to see what he has acquired in the probably little time he spent in the game.

Halfelfbard
05-16-2011, 04:05 AM
Im not gonna sit and beg for shit like i have none, but i do have cousin's and a brother that play. I would help them out more than myself, I want ur stuff to b selfless for my family members that play.

Humwawa
05-16-2011, 04:50 AM
A murder of crows, feasting on carrion!

FEAST MY FRIENDS, FEAST!

Arkyani
05-16-2011, 07:45 AM
I just wanted to say thank you to the people who have vouched for me. I do all I can to make P1999 a bit easier for those who are just getting started, or for others who might just be having a bad day. A little help goes a long way, especially in EQ. I am very glad to see a lot of you still remember all the things I have done during my stay here and I can promise you it will continue for a long time.

Hopefully I can get some new items in the near future to give to those who need, but even if I dont, I still have my wonderful buffs that will be tossed around wherever I am, lol. Dreadlands has been the lucky winner recently :P

Knuckle
05-16-2011, 09:25 AM
I just wanted to say thank you to the people who have vouched for me. I do all I can to make P1999 a bit easier for those who are just getting started, or for others who might just be having a bad day. A little help goes a long way, especially in EQ. I am very glad to see a lot of you still remember all the things I have done during my stay here and I can promise you it will continue for a long time.

Hopefully I can get some new items in the near future to give to those who need, but even if I dont, I still have my wonderful buffs that will be tossed around wherever I am, lol. Dreadlands has been the lucky winner recently :P

man you s'ing a lot of d for some pixels

Engraverwilliam
05-16-2011, 09:42 AM
I'll throw my hat in.

I deserve your stuff because i am a man who only gets to play a couple times a week due to having a busy busy life. I just gained Sole Legal and physical custody of my 2 year old and havent had time to play as much as I would like. I find it hard to find groups and hard to find time to play the market for decent gear. see my sig for classes. If anything is upgradable from your character your stuff will go a long way to making an old dawg player very happy.

Toehammer
05-16-2011, 12:52 PM
I just like killing MOBS, better gear helps killing more MOBS... that is all.

Shannacore
05-16-2011, 12:57 PM
Because I'm Tralina

Ennoia
05-16-2011, 01:08 PM
Because I'm Tralina

The fact that this is her 1337th post means she should win.

Doors
05-16-2011, 01:24 PM
Fuck that, Tralina probably already gets mad handouts from the virgins playing here.

Arkyani
05-16-2011, 07:24 PM

Actually I'm being polite and thanking people for recognizing all the stuff I do for them. Try it sometime. The only reason I want the stuff is to give it back out to people who need it. If everybody was like you nobody would play here.

Knuckle
05-16-2011, 07:30 PM
Actually I'm being polite and thanking people for recognizing all the stuff I do for them. Try it sometime. The only reason I want the stuff is to give it back out to people who need it. If everybody was like you nobody would play here.

correction- if everyone was like me they would be tagged red and pvping.

toddfx
05-16-2011, 08:08 PM
Granted your stuff is suitable for my character, I believe I deserve some of the items because I will in turn donate any pieces of my own armor which were replaced.

I also give my word that when I am finished using any inherited items, I will do as you have here and hand them down again while ensuring they go to an equally deserving player.

I have always done my best to help the community as much as possible, so your choosing me will in turn benefit many others as well.

By passing the items to me and allowing them to trickle down a line of equally honorable individuals, we will be helping to make the P99 community a better place for everybody. It is so much more about sharing the wealth than it is about personal greed.

Littlegyno
05-16-2011, 08:10 PM
I will always strive to be the dirtbag that you are now. The washed out Army scrub aka never-a-doc always-a-fag.

Just kidding brew.

dredge
05-16-2011, 08:15 PM

Knuckle
05-16-2011, 08:24 PM
this thread is hilarious, you really get to see the shit scum come off the toilet bowl in pursuit of pixelation, where is the dignity i ask?

Messianic
05-16-2011, 08:45 PM
this thread is hilarious, you really get to see the shit scum come off the toilet bowl in pursuit of pixelation, where is the dignity i ask?

If this is the toilet bowl, you get to be the king turd.

moklianne
05-16-2011, 09:06 PM

Hey! That's Mr. Hankee to you.

Arkyani
05-16-2011, 09:10 PM
Anything done online is technically pixels. Who cares. If someone is having fun it shouldn't matter if its pixels or not. Most of the hate I see on these boards comes from people waiting for Red 99, which makes me glad I have no intention of ever playing there. The only difference with Red 99 is you can be an a-hole over "pixels" and its allowed.

Sethius
05-16-2011, 09:45 PM
I am going to take the time (for no real reason other than just because), to reply to this thread and tell you why I don't deserve your stuff and why I also don't want it:

I don't deserve it because in EQ I am greedy and I would use ever speck of it to benefit myself, and would likely give very little away. I tip for things... ports get like 100-200pp... but otherwise I don't really help many people (in EQ anyway). I would use your stuff for the nefarious and evil purpose of self gratification. I am also honest, as you can see, which may be a valid reason why I deserve your stuff, but it is certainly not enough to outweigh my inherent EQ greed.

Next, I don't want your stuff because, despite my EQ greed, I like the process of making it on my own, and if you gave me your stuff I would greedily hoard it, but it would ultimately make me feel unhappy because my nostalgia would be ruined by being shot past where I should be in the game, in terms of wealth. I want the experience to be true to my original, and getting super rich easily was not my original. I am not rich in the game now by any markers, and I want to make it on my own. Please do not give me your stuff, but if you have anything you are willing to sell at reasonable prices, I would like to see that list ;)

Beyond that, I can honestly say that I see now that writing this was a complete waste of time. Chow!

Wizard
05-16-2011, 10:10 PM
No matter how much shit you give away you will still be 12 toilets tall

Simreal
05-16-2011, 10:12 PM
I don't deserve your stuff. If I did I would have it and not want it.

I'm new to 1999 and I'm having a great time so far. I could use a low level robe and a few spells but otherwise your stuff would just fund me buying gear I can use for the next few months.

I hope you change your mind and keep your gear and continue playing. If not .. best wishes in whatever you do.

Fourthmeal
05-16-2011, 10:58 PM
think outside the bun

Knuckle
05-16-2011, 11:05 PM

sorry i dont drop to my knees for no lewts. you can act all high and mighty with elmers glue dripping down your jawline but I stand tall and shit on this thread.

Teeroyoyort
05-16-2011, 11:08 PM
I really don't know what stuff you have, but if you have any manastones, I'd put them to good use in Vesica Dei. I don't think we have anyone with any, and it would be a nice leg for our guild. Either way, it's nice of you to give away your stuff!

Knuckle
05-16-2011, 11:39 PM
thats like giving leper water, do you really want them gimping around here much longer?

Knuckle
05-16-2011, 11:54 PM
the best thing that could happen is he does a fraps destroying every single item

shdwdrake8
05-17-2011, 12:04 AM
I should get your stuff because I killed Bin Laden.

Harrison
05-17-2011, 01:19 AM
I didn't forget about this.(well, until now I did...TBH the past weekend has been fucking ridiculous)

Family emergencies, so I will go through the ridiculous amounts of pages when I have the time and announce winners.

gnomishfirework
05-17-2011, 01:22 AM
Fuck that, Tralina probably already gets mad handouts from the virgins playing here.

Lol. No virgins play EQ. Go back to wow. We get mad pussy.

gnomishfirework
05-17-2011, 01:24 AM
the best thing that could happen is he does a fraps destroying every single item

Should I do this with my fbss?

San
05-17-2011, 02:02 AM
Me cuz I am new to server and wont get to go to the fun raffle on Thursday due to work :). But not all of your stuff, just a weapon or something cool a rogue may perhaps use. Don't want to ruin all the fun.

Trackflare
05-17-2011, 04:39 AM
i like rocks

Tarathiel
05-17-2011, 11:43 AM

This guy must have some serious self esteem issues... My suggestion.. Stop trolling the forums looking for people to flame... Take a shower.....invest in some proactive.... Get some sunlight and start working on your social skills

Knuckle
05-17-2011, 12:08 PM
This guy must have some serious self esteem issues... My suggestion.. Stop trolling the forums looking for people to flame... Take a shower.....invest in some proactive.... Get some sunlight and start working on your social skills

1.) Took a shower last night after the gym.
2.) Invest in some proactive, y?
3.) Get some sunlight? I live in Florida bro THE SUNSHINE STATE
4.) Work on my social skills.

Hi Tarathiel my name is Mike, would you like to play League of Legends with me, my username is Knuckle, lets be friends?

Messianic
05-17-2011, 12:20 PM
sorry i dont drop to my knees for no lewts.

Yeah, because posting "I want it because having more eq stuff is better than having less eq stuff" is the equivalent of your sexual reference.

Moron.

you can act all high and mighty
but I stand tall and shit on this thread.

I think you've got that covered. Because your forum pixels are obviously superior to everyone else's forum pixels.

Messianic
05-17-2011, 12:21 PM

This is actually a great idea

Tumdumm
05-17-2011, 12:25 PM
give me give me give me, I need some more, give me give me give me, don't ask what for.

hey i got Damaged on vinyl, basically mint condition.... lots of other vinyls too... message me for details, i'll sell anything at a nice price since its not like my girl is gonna get a job anytime soon and i got bills!

Hasbinbad
05-17-2011, 12:29 PM
i like rocks
http://mediaoutrage.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/Tyrone-Biggums.jpg

Knuckle
05-17-2011, 12:48 PM
Yeah, because posting "I want it because having more eq stuff is better than having less eq stuff" is the equivalent of your sexual reference.

Moron.

I think you've got that covered. Because your forum pixels are obviously superior to everyone else's forum pixels.

I think you really suck at analogies, luckily I'm really good at them. Every single person posting in this thread that is saying why they should(nt) get his pixels is sucking up or pretending to be humble, 'please mr harrison give me this pixels so i can help lesser noobies' . Or even worse is the reverse arrogance of shitheads that are like 'hey man dont give me pixels because im greedy and will keep them for myself' when their trying to act like their honesty earns them the pixels. Every one of you fuckers are a craven beggar sucking dick for rock.

Yes my forum pixels are huge.

Tarathiel
05-17-2011, 03:57 PM
1.) Took a shower last night after the gym.
2.) Invest in some proactive, y?
3.) Get some sunlight? I live in Florida bro THE SUNSHINE STATE
4.) Work on my social skills.

Hi Tarathiel my name is Mike, would you like to play League of Legends with me, my username is Knuckle, lets be friends?

I was assuming that's your lack of social grace and your desire to make yourself superior to others on an internet forum came from too many hours spent in your moms basement. I guess I missed the mark a bit. Apparently you are just an egotistical ass who was probably touched in his no no place to many times by his football coach and must act like a bully in order to compensate for his lack of self esteem.

Knuckle
05-17-2011, 04:05 PM
I was assuming that's your lack of social grace and your desire to make yourself superior to others on an internet forum came from too many hours spent in your moms basement. I guess I missed the mark a bit. Apparently you are just an egotistical ass who was probably touched in his no no place to many times by his football coach and must act like a bully in order to compensate for his lack of self esteem.

actually im just bored at work, so about 30% of what I say is truth, 50% exaggeration, 100% real.

Arkyani
05-17-2011, 06:15 PM
I think you really suck at analogies, luckily I'm really good at them. Every single person posting in this thread that is saying why they should(nt) get his pixels is sucking up or pretending to be humble, 'please mr harrison give me this pixels so i can help lesser noobies' . Or even worse is the reverse arrogance of shitheads that are like 'hey man dont give me pixels because im greedy and will keep them for myself' when their trying to act like their honesty earns them the pixels. Every one of you fuckers are a craven beggar sucking dick for rock.

Yes my forum pixels are huge.

I dont pretend. I actually do give away the majority of things I get unless I can use it. Thats why people supported my statement, because I have helped them in the past. Not everybody is a greedy dick. I have more fun helping people then camping some pointless item for hours, and there are hundreds of people on P1999 that basically know I am one of the most helpful people in the game.

Knuckle
05-17-2011, 06:17 PM
I dont pretend. I actually do give away the majority of things I get unless I can use it. Thats why people supported my statement, because I have helped them in the past. Not everybody is a greedy dick. I have more fun helping people then camping some pointless item for hours, and there are hundreds of people on P1999 that basically know I am one of the most helpful people in the game.

so you get your rocks off being the most badass giver? its all the same

Pico
05-17-2011, 06:29 PM
http://i.imgur.com/kkL17.gif

Fourthmeal
05-17-2011, 09:51 PM
think outside the bun

username17
05-17-2011, 11:42 PM
I deserve your loot because I am an alt-o-holic.
No matter what items you give me, I will put them to use.

Of course, you will be contributing to the delinquency of an alt-o-holic. But you're leaving, so you don't care.

My main is only 32 and I've been playing since september.
Someone help me!

Ganjajah
05-18-2011, 12:09 AM
Loot is hard earned. It is a legacy gained through the triumphs and sorrows of many characters, and is the valiant sum of effort put forth by the player. A legacy is certainly not something that should be wasted, and I can only imagine that you want the time you spent acquiring it to continue being well used and cared as you would if you could! I recently found out about project 1999 and was giddy to recreate my character from live whose legacy and soul belongs to sony. I'm well on my way to becoming a hero, and If you pass your legacy down unto me, the strength of your ancestors will empower my vision of glory and be a living monument to your achievements in EverQuest! :D

Hex
05-18-2011, 12:21 AM

I might be very new to this server, but first off, your gear will be put to very good use. Myself and 3 of my buddies are leveling together (me a cleric, one a mage, one a necro, and one a druid). Any help we can get will be greatly appreciated, and again put to great use.

Another reason why it would be best suited to us, is that we are very large fans of a community based game, and helping those that need it. Basically a pay one forward scenario, where once we can no longer use the gear, rather than it being sold for PP, it would be handed down the chain to another newbie or set of newbies, with the stipulation to keep the chain going.

Also if you were to ever come back, and wanted your gear back, you would gladly be given it back, as it would have already gotten great use in the time you were gone. That is all, and if you have any further questions, you can send me a tell to either Pottymouth or Iksane in game. Thank you for your time, and in all honesty, I don't know you, but sucks to have someone that is at least somewhat thoughtful leaving the game.

Sharkeye
05-18-2011, 12:33 AM
Take my wife,

Sharkeye
05-18-2011, 12:34 AM
Please!

Haul
05-18-2011, 12:35 AM

haha +1 for Xosire comment

loobusk
05-18-2011, 09:07 AM
troll post, fyi...