PDA

View Full Version : Lets just clarify....

notahipster
05-14-2011, 07:41 AM
Alot of people send me tells in game or message me on here as if im doing something wrong or trying to alter something on server.

This was made for people who are relatively new here. We haven't been playing since 2009 at launch. When i played in September 2010 for first time it was very very classic feel me my girlfriend and RL best friend trio's to about 16 but then stopped.

In January i rolled a high elf pally. a bad combo if u have no money i guess and it was hard and cuz of low damage and hybrid penalty no one would group with me. I was forced to farm belts, ninja loot, be a general asshole (which im not by the way) to attempt to raise stats. I got into tell arguments with silly bards and rouges (bristlebane blah) and others. And got tierd of it all around level 16 i joined mercs of norrath. a good guild i will say. but i was more down for focused groups for nightly grouping. I did however meet some cool people and get to about 24 before soloing to 30. But then near the end of January i quit till about 2 weeks after kunark launch.

and im going to say i love kunark, and iksar. and every new click item and i l think its great. its not the game that has changed nor will i blame it on a GM decision of any kind. its people now feel if your not Geared like your high level (even at low level) your nothing. or people will solo stuff that you could group. then go dump the items to raise there pp. ALot of people i know left server due to behavior on here. Theirs a joke about how justice is only for the wealthy, well its only classic if your poor. Rich ppl are like they typed in a code .yeah i eventually got 10k worth of alright gear in January by grinding, being a jerk. and finding a guild. (not knocking mercs of norrath at all a good guild) but certian people kept me from reliving the genuine classic experience that only a clervely designed and well staffed support (GMS) can provide. and what brought me to the server in the first place. if im gonna be reliving EQ i want to do the good parts not the later on or unmanageable bad parts. (and we think we want a pvp server lol)

im not knocking people with nice items.
im not saying Trading is a bad thing.
im not saying any item IS BAD. or should necessarily be nerfed.

im saying we wanted to creative an alternative to the chaos that had become trying to group, and level, quest, and overall feel wanted on a server.
and we threw a hail mary and some tells and it got a response. i sincerely apologize.

And if your lvl 60 and have been here from the begginig days or awhille and high lvl. do your thing aint no one here tellin you not to keep the swagger in ya step. (: .

Rejuvenation
05-14-2011, 09:57 AM
its people now feel if your not Geared like your high level (even at low level) your nothing. or people will solo stuff that you could group. then go dump the items to raise there pp. ALot of people i know left server due to behavior on here. Theirs a joke about how justice is only for the wealthy, well its only classic if your poor. Rich ppl are like they typed in a code .yeah i eventually got 10k worth of alright gear in January by grinding, being a jerk. and finding a guild. ...

You keep saying that you have no problem with high levels and people who have decent wealth, but continue to say things like what I have bolded. You mass generalizations are frustrating and what make some of your posts kind of insulting. Most people on this server got to level 50 the good old fashioned way, and through play time acquired their wealth. Very few are extremely elitist as you indicate. Also, during classic there were plenty of wealthy people, so I don't agree with your opinion that you have to be poor to really experience classic EQ.

You make posts almost daily about how everyone is playing the game wrong, saying things like "45 people can't be wrong!" Does this mean that everyone not in your guild is wrong? No, but it comes across that way.

I'm really glad that you found the experience ghat you really wanted out of this server. This is the exact spirit that the server was made in. I just hope you will think about your tone before you submit your posts, because I'm pretty sure it's the volume and condescending tone that has caused people to get frustrated with you.

I really think you only have the best intentions in mind, and I earnestly wish you the best, and am quite a fan of the idea behind your guild. I just hope you think about how some of your generalizations may come across to other people.

Doors
05-14-2011, 10:21 AM
you are definitely a hipster.

Orov
05-14-2011, 10:50 AM
you are definitely a hipster.

Swish
05-14-2011, 11:26 AM
its people now feel if your not Geared like your high level (even at low level) your nothing

Support this 100%. I've been told where to go a couple of times because of my gear as a tank letting the group lose a bit of efficiency with healing. It's a rough server for those who haven't got a high level and are working on an alt and while many are quite accomodating when they chat to you, you can't help but feel that when you join and 2-3 people decide to leave shortly after you replaced a twinked tank that its gear related and its antisocial.

To that end I recently decided my SK isn't something I'm going to pursue anymore, because simply I haven't got the gear and instead I need to make a class that can do things "for donations" so that one day I can have the plat to gear him properly to get a warmer response from groups.

Obviously that's a sweeping statement and not everyone is included, but there are some elitist asshats on the server who won't accept less than a full set of darkforge or whatever before dismissing you as unworthy to tank for them.

Rolled a cleric after playing a shaman on live for years and enjoying heal duty, think I'll be good at it, and hoping that gear isn't going to matter as much.

Hottbiscuits Dreadmuffin
05-14-2011, 11:38 AM
You're*
Their*
There*
They're*

Other than that, if you don't ever wanna be rich and elitist like "them" just give your stuff away :) I've never seen anyone brush me off because of my gear, and I started out a few months ago and camped everything I have. I've only bought one piece of armor, a shoulder piece for 350pp. I'm not sure what you're talking about, but then again, I'm a Cleric and not a tank.

Jigga
05-14-2011, 11:39 AM
everquest is about gear? no way!

Swish
05-14-2011, 11:42 AM
nt

Taryth
05-14-2011, 12:05 PM
You act as if those wealthy players who "entered a code" didn't actually start out at one point in the same position as you. The only difference is they started earlier, when there were more people who were poor.

And btw, if I can duo with my brother and gain better xp than another group, then of course we're not going to join them (or invite anyone.) Perhaps it's elitist to have an aversion to hours of sitting with little to no progress, so be it. I'll gladly aug/clarity you and maybe lull a room if you're close-by and not competing with us.

Baa
05-14-2011, 12:43 PM
I have 3 chars now all fully geared with the highest being 43, now for most of that gear I have either camped it myself or traded up to be able to afford it (as well as some kindness from people I have met).

Nobody is stopping you from playing the game how you want to play it. Personally I enjoy twinking up a char and being a total badass - plus I know it helps me get past that akward stage up until the mid teens where class differences really start to matter instead of spending weeks grinding around ec which all of us have done a million times.

I have never been in a group where people have frowned on an under geared player, really in almost all circumstances a good player will always compensate for it. However a crap player no matter how great their gear is another story.

Swish
05-14-2011, 01:04 PM
You act as if those wealthy players who "entered a code" didn't actually start out at one point in the same position as you. The only difference is they started earlier, when there were more people who were poor.

You'd think then that players that have done the hard work would respect the players who are still on that road, rather than taking the mentality that they want a twinked tank/rogue/monk/etc.

Sometimes the case, but not always...sadly.

YendorLootmonkey
05-14-2011, 01:21 PM
The important thing is that you and others are creating an environment on this server for yourselves in which you derive your fun. In a game where it's all too easy to become mindless drones, pressing Complete Heal or Auto Attack until the loot pinata breaks open, I respect the hell out of that.

Who gives a shit what other people think? Continue to do your own thing with the other people who are like-minded, and have fun. After all, that's what we're all here for.

EQ has many paths to take. Different people find different paths fun, there's nothing wrong with that. :)

Fryhole
05-14-2011, 01:31 PM
I like the guild concept - I don't think that trading/haggling in EC should be banned though. If you earned the item or plat, do what you want with it. Nothing 'non-classic' about trading and selling stuff.

Nagash
05-14-2011, 02:12 PM
The important thing is that you and others are creating an environment on this server for yourselves in which you derive your fun. In a game where it's all too easy to become mindless drones, pressing Complete Heal or Auto Attack until the loot pinata breaks open, I respect the hell out of that.

Who gives a shit what other people think? Continue to do your own thing with the other people who are like-minded, and have fun. After all, that's what we're all here for.

EQ has many paths to take. Different people find different paths fun, there's nothing wrong with that. :)

+1

There I am, drooling again :)

Petitpas/Nagash

Gustahn
05-14-2011, 11:36 PM
In January i rolled a high elf pally. a bad combo if u have no money i guess and it was hard and cuz of low damage and hybrid penalty no one would group with me. I was forced to farm belts, ninja loot, be a general asshole (which im not by the way).

yeah i eventually got 10k worth of alright gear in January by grinding, being a jerk. and finding a guild. (not knocking mercs of norrath at all a good guild) .

I have played hybrids throughout my entire career in eq and i have never had to grief anyone to get by. The fact you are even trying to justify it proves whatever hate you are getting is deserved.

Fromage
05-15-2011, 12:49 AM
In January i rolled a high elf pally. a bad combo if u have no money i guess and it was hard and cuz of low damage and hybrid penalty no one would group with me. I was forced to farm belts, ninja loot, be a general asshole (which im not by the way) .

Maybe you were just a shitty paladin.

Doors
05-15-2011, 02:47 AM
Buy low / sell high in EC tunnel for lewt.

Warnie
05-15-2011, 08:27 AM
i rolled a high elf pally. a bad combo if u have no money i guess and it was hard and cuz of low damage and hybrid penalty no one would group with me. I was forced to farm belts, ninja loot, be a general asshole

I was in this guild because I liked the concept, and fitted with my (very low) plat status, having just started on the server. However, I will not be in a guild where the guild leader justifies his own ninja looting as being caused by the difficulties of playing a hybrid.

Docfeelgood - 14 Cleric <Serious Business>
Warnie - 8 Necro

notahipster
05-15-2011, 09:09 AM
stop putting bold print on things i didnt say your retarded australian ass hole.

notahipster
05-15-2011, 09:22 AM
Im done, im done with the drama, im done defending my actions.
dont focus on a part of a statement you didnt make. with bolds and italics.
your not the one emphasizing it and when you do its mistranslated.

it takes alot to be me going.

i started this guild because of my experiences and didnt want new players to think badly of the server and leave, and for a place for non-twinks to feel at home and have people to team with. i also didnt want them to have a bad expirence like i did. Was only trying to shield them from that, not justify my looting. I feel awful about it, im not justifying it.

i am done with these forums. its a high population of jerks. and no expansion pack or GM can change that. LOVE the GAME, love the SERVER. but some of you have issues, that your next spell lvl, or the next patch in game wont fix. Psychological ones.

so for all of those who tried to fuck this up for me, thanks! (:

my friend wrote something for u

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=36903&page=2

anyone who is cool with me can message me in my inbox, i will check it. (regarding guild membership, and the reproduction of sound / music for the game.

but bye bye 1999 forums.

notahipster
05-15-2011, 09:25 AM
acctually what my friend wrote was

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhgC2o6IEeo

our guild song. now

bye bye forums.!

SirAlvarex
05-15-2011, 09:57 AM
I joined the guild on an alt because I liked the idea about starting over with a bunch of people and just enjoy leveling. Then hipster started to act like he was a leader of a cult, telling us to make a pledge to not buy or sell in EC, only group with eachother, and to only count on eachother for everything...IE seclude us from socializing with those "tweaks"...

That weirded me out, so I stopped playing that character. My opinion was further emphasized by this post. Guy needs to calm down a bit.

Doors
05-15-2011, 10:00 AM
For the record I've ran into groups from your guild that shunned my little alt because he was twinked. So in essence you're doing the same exact thing only the reverse of it. Please tell me how, in the end, you're any different from the people who initially shit on you.

Warnie
05-16-2011, 01:52 AM
Wow. Personal abuse. It seems this

, be a general asshole (which im not by the way) (: .

is not true after all. And wtf has being Australian got to do with it. No wonder so many people dislike you.

Baa
05-16-2011, 02:16 AM
Don't drink the magic punch! Jonestown all over again...

Anyways who can hate Aussies, we are the nicest people in the world (fact)

brybear
05-16-2011, 02:41 AM
http://imgur.com/tCp90.gif

Trannce715
05-16-2011, 04:06 AM
Wow i started a new toon up and was gonna look for these guys. Glad i read the forums!

RiffDaemon
05-16-2011, 01:26 PM
To that end I recently decided my SK isn't something I'm going to pursue anymore

Well, this makes me quite sad :( Hopefully, Brik makes a comeback

mwatt
05-17-2011, 03:42 PM
A few comments on the OP's comments. On the whole, the point of the thread sort of escapes me.

Is the complaint that when new to a server there is a process of gearing up that leaves you weak relative to others of your class because they are supported by money from previous play? If so, then you might as well complain about gravity.

Is the complaint about a particular guild leader? Then why all the beating around the bush? (and why complain anyway, just move on)

Is the complaint that when playing a tank, you can never be an upper class player unless you are a raider and/or backed by big money? By now, you should have figured out that playing a tank as a first character is an exercise in frustration if you care about the comparison of your own char to the same classed chars of other, established players.