PDA

View Full Version : 100%?

Deathrydar
05-15-2011, 10:13 PM
...I don't get it. The 25% made sense because Sony was down and we wanted new players. Then the server gets hacked so it gets boosted to 50%...

Ok, sooo...now it's 100%.....

I appreciate everything the staff does here but I think we are straying from the original goal behind bringing this server up in the first place.

WTB: My classic experience back plz. ::confused:

Go ahead and flame me. It's how I feel. The staff has come so far, I am just extremely confused by the recent experience blow up that has occurred.

Barkingturtle
05-15-2011, 10:19 PM
He said it's for a few hours.

Personally I just wish the server crash hadn't deleted my character so i could be enjoying it for the limited time it will be turned on. I mean, eventually the bonuses will go away, and we'll have plenty of time to enjoy the slow grind of classic experience.

Deathrydar
05-15-2011, 10:20 PM
Well then, there ya go. I didn't know there was a server crash. It makes sense if they only keep it going for a few hours. But, the 25% exp bonus was only supposed to last a weekend or two as well and that's still going.

Anyway, I was misinformed.

Kobias
05-15-2011, 10:22 PM
I think it's a great time to work on those alts.

It was bumped up to 100% for tonight only as far as I know.

I don't see this being a game-breaking ordeal as you make it out to be..

Daywolf
05-15-2011, 10:23 PM
1200 people on, and one complaint... :D
Little xp boost now and then a good thing imho

Deathrydar
05-15-2011, 10:26 PM
I'm not really "complaining", per se, even though I completely see how you would get that from my post.

Not complaining, just concerned. But like I said, it doesn't matter. I guess I am the minority. I thought everyone was here for the slow leveling and everything else the classic EQ experience comes with.

Lickum
05-15-2011, 10:31 PM
Only thing I hate about it is I can't play whenever I want, only when my wife isnt home, and she is home now. It's dumb but I hate not being able to take advantage!

Swish
05-15-2011, 11:09 PM
Think of it this way, server goes down for "a few hours", so it's double XP for "a few hours" to make up for lost time ;)

Deathrydar
05-15-2011, 11:26 PM
Think of it this way, server goes down for "a few hours", so it's double XP for "a few hours" to make up for lost time ;)

And I agree with that...100%!!!

Slust
05-15-2011, 11:37 PM
I'm digging it, though I've spent all my time since the exp boosts on my alt.

It is like the government saying they're going to create policies that will enable job creation. Except instead of job creation, it is port bitch creation. Everybody wins!

Lagaidh
05-16-2011, 09:18 AM
It's pretty easy to not engage in XP gaining activities if it's a bother to gain more XP than normal.

degenvf
05-16-2011, 09:53 AM
I cannot wrap my head around the idea where an small exp bonus bothers anyone. If you are level 60 stfu you dont grind. If you are not lvl 60 just be happy and stfu and enjoy the higher exp rate. If it really bothers you just logout and stfu. :)

stormlord
05-16-2011, 10:02 AM
IDK how i feel about exp gains. Personally, I think if a game is about exp gain then you're playing it wrong. If a game is so engaging that you never even look at the exp bar then you know it's doing its job. The problem with EQ is that it has too much camping, too much repetitiveness. Things that might make the class more interesting are locked behind the grind. Gaining levels should happen in the process of learning - when we're having fun. Then when the fun starts to fade, the learning should happen again. In that way, we'd never really grind. And most of the people here have played EQ since 1999. Even if a zone is new, the game still plays the same. Not much is new. So we're all more likely to stare at the exp bar because we're just plain bored.

What would happen if green mobs or gray gave experience?

I'm assuming the exp exponentially increases so it wouldn't be much. Anyone know?

Hottbiscuits Dreadmuffin
05-16-2011, 10:44 AM
Got on an alt after server crash.
Died in Blackburrow, went to retrieve my body...
<100% exp announcement>
Log alt without retrieving body
Frantically beg for a port to Emerald Jungle
Get lost in Emerald Jungle
Finally find CoM and group for maybe two hours.

It helped, but it didn't change that I lost the Supple Scale Armband I'd just looted in Karnor right before the crash /sadface

quellren
05-16-2011, 10:47 AM
I was super excited about the exp bump.
My brother just started again on this server and my brother-in-law and I PLed his new SK, from 1 to 22 in the 4 hours of 100% bonus.

jerus
05-16-2011, 10:49 AM
I'm scared, I started may 5th, I haven't seen xp with no bonus yet!

I've been rushing so far but I just want to get up to 45+ so i can play with some of the people i know =).

Nineran
05-16-2011, 10:51 AM
Didn't get to see any 100% :( Bummer, glad they did it though.

Nagash
05-16-2011, 02:24 PM
I think it's 25% due to the lolfail from Sony + 25% due to the lolfail of last week very temporarily toped-up to 100% due to the server being down a couple of hours (?) yesterday evening. By the time I write this, the extra 50% boost has probably been already removed.

*Waits for Zuranthium to come and moan about xp boost not being implemented at this time in Classic and biaises the game in some way that only he understands* (yes that's a bait).

Petitpas/Nagash

Knuckle
05-16-2011, 04:00 PM
wow super technical nerd upset over exp increase. take a spray of flonase and spare us your mouthbreathing soapbox. /thread

Deathrydar
05-16-2011, 04:39 PM
wow super technical nerd upset over exp increase. take a spray of flonase and spare us your mouthbreathing soapbox. /thread

I'm starting to see a pattern. Usually there is a discussion going on in a thread, and then you show up and ruin it.

/cheers

Knuckle
05-16-2011, 04:43 PM
I'm starting to see a pattern. Usually there is a discussion going on in a thread, and then you show up and ruin it.

/cheers

what discussion? everyone is shitting on the OP(rightly so). Sorry you got a hardon for big knuckle.

Deathrydar
05-16-2011, 04:50 PM
what discussion? everyone is shitting on the OP(rightly so). Sorry you got a hardon for big knuckle.

you fail @ trying to be cool and speaking of yourself in the 3rd person.

Knuckle
05-16-2011, 05:01 PM
you fail @ trying to be cool and speaking of yourself in the 3rd person.

im actually trolling out of boredom at work, tell me how you really feel?

Swish
05-16-2011, 05:04 PM
Open your mind Quaid... even if you don't agree with the OP you can see his line of argument. I enjoyed the bonus XP but it might not be all beneficial if people feel like the grind is now too much.

Not been back on my troll SK since that's stuck in a hell level, I'm too scared :(

Messianic
05-16-2011, 05:13 PM
trolling out of boredom

Pretty much sums up all of your non-pvp related posts

Knuckle
05-16-2011, 05:24 PM
Pretty much sums up all of your non-pvp related posts

except this thread really isnt a troll, the OPs thread is really fucking stupid and nitpicky. have a nice day.

Taryth
05-16-2011, 06:52 PM
IDK how i feel about exp gains. Personally, I think if a game is about exp gain then you're playing it wrong. If a game is so engaging that you never even look at the exp bar then you know it's doing its job. The problem with EQ is that it has too much camping, too much repetitiveness. Things that might make the class more interesting are locked behind the grind. Gaining levels should happen in the process of learning - when we're having fun. Then when the fun starts to fade, the learning should happen again. In that way, we'd never really grind. And most of the people here have played EQ since 1999. Even if a zone is new, the game still plays the same. Not much is new. So we're all more likely to stare at the exp bar because we're just plain bored.

What would happen if green mobs or gray gave experience?

I'm assuming the exp exponentially increases so it wouldn't be much. Anyone know?

Play an Ench/Mage duo with a friend. That's some dynamic xp for you.

gnomishfirework
05-17-2011, 01:58 AM
OP needs to take a few days away from the computer. If this is really bothering you at all, something is wrong. That something is in your head.

It's a little something for the servers going down. You need to relax.

mwatt
05-17-2011, 03:48 PM
I think it's 25% due to the lolfail from Sony + 25% due to the lolfail of last week very temporarily toped-up to 100% due to the server being down a couple of hours (?) yesterday evening. By the time I write this, the extra 50% boost has probably been already removed.

*Waits for Zuranthium to come and moan about xp boost not being implemented at this time in Classic and biaises the game in some way that only he understands* (yes that's a bait).

Petitpas/Nagash

You are a master baiter.

Just had to say that. Beyond that I wanted to state that I sure wouldn't want a steady diet of increased experience, but it was nice for a limited time (used it to move through 45 hell on my shammy).

William_Munny15
05-17-2011, 03:49 PM
get fucked

Knuckle
05-17-2011, 04:08 PM
get fucked

i like you