PDA

View Full Version : Blacksmithing Clarification

jpoarch
05-16-2011, 04:11 AM
I've been working on my blacksmithing to get to the fabled 'banded armor'... but i've come across a bumb in the road. EQTraders lists small bricks of ore as being made by combining a Tarnished weapon + water flask in a forge. i went and bought as many rusty broad swords as i could, used sharpening stones to tarnish them, but wasn't able to convert them into ore. was this recipe an addition in a later expansion, or am i did i just waste a bunch of time and money?

Lagaidh
05-16-2011, 09:22 AM
Yes, this came in a later expansion. Also, the trivial levels for many of the lower end smithing recipes were altered in later expansions and are therefore not correct on EQ Trader's Corner.

It's still a very good site for recipes, but you have to sort of hunt and peck until you find classically correct information.

Messianic
05-16-2011, 11:09 AM
This is actually a decent guide, even for classic:

http://www.eqtraders.com/articles/article_page.php?article=g96&menustr=040100000000

I don't think Dairy spoons are in-game yet, but the rest of this guide is good, and that's only 6 skill points of progression. You can jump right into banded gorgets after trivializing lanterns.

Kender
05-16-2011, 08:09 PM
make metalbits till triv (can't remember what it is). save the mats.
make sheet metal till 35. save the mats
make lanterns till 65
make banded

may not be the cheapest option, but it's fast and easy. making the sheet metal can be a pain if you have a long trip to a forge (like in oggok).
make sure you have lots of free room for lantern molds

druziil
05-17-2011, 05:52 AM
I don't think Dairy spoons are in-game yet

i am fairly certain 6 months ago when i was doing smithing i made diary spoons in kelethin

Zereh
05-17-2011, 07:19 AM
You probably did. ^^ Developers have done some back tracking and have taken out trade skill combines which should not have been here.

Eldaran
05-17-2011, 08:48 AM
make metalbits till triv (can't remember what it is). save the mats.
make sheet metal till 35. save the mats
make lanterns till 65
make banded

may not be the cheapest option, but it's fast and easy. making the sheet metal can be a pain if you have a long trip to a forge (like in oggok).
make sure you have lots of free room for lantern molds

Yesterday metalbits went trivial for me at 18 skill. I'll have to try to do the sheet metal now since it will be used for banded later. Thanks for the reply.

Eldaran
05-17-2011, 08:52 AM
This is actually a decent guide, even for classic:

http://www.eqtraders.com/articles/article_page.php?article=g96&menustr=040100000000

I don't think Dairy spoons are in-game yet, but the rest of this guide is good, and that's only 6 skill points of progression. You can jump right into banded gorgets after trivializing lanterns.

Awesome... I'm saving this link definitely.